Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Dan_F

Or try and score as many points as you can now before they suspend the league.
Very true! I have a big lead in my mini league anyway. That’s all I care about. I’ll probably make a snap decision on Saturday morning.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Very true! I have a big lead in my mini league anyway. That’s all I care about. I’ll probably make a snap decision on Saturday morning.
Yeah I've got a 88pt lead in my mini league and everyone else has used their chips but me. FH in 31 to extend it looks likely and then go from there. I'll be surprised if we finish the season. Liverpool wrap up the league behind closed doors and I think that'll be that before we get to DGW 37.

Neo_Mufc

Is it likely we don't see out the season? I'm top of 5 leagues with a substantial amount of money to come my way way potentially.

The guys have said it's void if the league doesn't complete. All that hard work!!!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it likely we don't see out the season? I'm top of 5 leagues with a substantial amount of money to come my way way potentially.

The guys have said it's void if the league doesn't complete. All that hard work!!!!
I put such a scenario out as one of 4 options on my disclaimers today....

My favoured option being it's voided and I keep the pot :)

Neo_Mufc

Maybe the chips come even more handy now?

I have 2 transfers as well and don't know how to use them. Doesn't feel like one can prepare for the rest of the season with all these question marks.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I like the sound of this.
Yeah, plus all the Vardy cappers from last week will obviously keep him now and likely Cap him as he rewarded them, so it's covering that as well.

Hopefully Foxes and Vardy can continue the bounce back.

Ultimately though, I don't think we'll get more than 3 GWs before it's all called off.

Neo_Mufc

Yeah, plus all the Vardy cappers from last week will obviously keep him now and likely Cap him as he rewarded them, so it's covering that as well.

Hopefully Foxes and Vardy can continue the bounce back.

Ultimately though, I don't think we'll get more than 3 GWs before it's all called off.
Is it likely they call the league off? I'd lose 300 quid. I'm sure everyone in my leagues would be happy for it to void so they get their stakes back.

Highly annoying.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Is it likely they call the league off? I'd lose 300 quid. I'm sure everyone in my leagues would be happy for it to void so they get their stakes back.

Highly annoying.
I think it's very likely mate.

The World is officially in a pandemic...

Even if it gets to the point where Liverpool are given the trophy, the likelihood of finishing the FF season is, at this point, incredibly low.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
FF means a lot more to me than it should do. However with everything going on it just doesn't matter anymore. Even after a ropey few weeks I'm still on course for my best ever finish and winning a few mini leagues, including my work league which has £250 voucher for the winner. 189 people in it and I'm top by 65pts and I still have 2 chips left.

There will be another FF season. It's just one of those things.

Neo_Mufc

FF means a lot more to me than it should do. However with everything going on it just doesn't matter anymore. Even after a ropey few weeks I'm still on course for my best ever finish and winning a few mini leagues, including my work league which has £250 voucher for the winner. 189 people in it and I'm top by 65pts and I still have 2 chips left.

There will be another FF season. It's just one of those things.
Same as me. I'm leading 5 leagues with chance to nick 400 or so plus I'm in a large league with 100 people and I'm 3rd and that pays out 600.

Let's hope it only gets delayed and not cancelled.

Neo_Mufc

Question.

Is it worth picking up Kane in draft now. Him Rashford & Son Laporte are available

If the league defers for a few weeks, these players will be fit by then?

Who should I pick up?

ROFLUTION

Question.

Is it worth picking up Kane in draft now. Him Rashford & Son Laporte are available

Who should I pick up?
I think that it's highly unlikely that it just defers for a few weeks. More likely to be a postponement / freezing / nulling / playoff or something.

Neo_Mufc

I think that it's highly unlikely that it just defers for a few weeks. More likely to be a postponement / freezing / nulling / playoff or something.
Should I take the risk and pick up a few injured players then?

ROFLUTION

Should I take the risk and pick up a few injured players then?
I'd say focus on everyday life, do something you enjoy. Fantasy will be cancelled and is a pointless thing at this point.

Edit: There's not even any joy in being interested in Fantasy at this point. Knowing that our interest in the games is what keeps the Premier League doing what it does and not suspending. Leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

Neo_Mufc

You need to get your priorities sorted mate. Jesus.
My priorities are sorted thanks for your concern.

I'd say focus on everyday life, do something you enjoy. Fantasy will be cancelled and is a pointless thing at this point.

Edit: There's not even any joy in being interested in Fantasy at this point. Knowing that our interest in the games is what keeps the Premier League doing what it does and not suspending. Leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
Yeh, tbh it hasn't really been fun looking at it, just trying to keep on top until the inevitable happens.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Premier League will notify before deadline anyway what the plan is. If its suspended then we can all forget about FL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rumour is english football league to suspend for a min of 3 weeks, presume that's Premier league too.

Obviously, this is proper real life stuff. But fantasy footy wise, it's a huge gamechanger, as it means anyone planning for those double game weeks, week 31 with only 4 games etc, is totally thrown off.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Has everyone seen the fpl update?

Gw 30 and 31 cancelled. Looking to resume in 32 if the PL does in fact resume then. Any transfers you make these next two weeks will still count. Everyone will score 0 for 2 weeks but if you take hits you will finish on minus pts. Some people already took hits too before cancellation of football so if you do nothing this week you should be on a for a green arrow by default.

I don't think the league will be completed anyway but there you are. Awkward blank week 31 negotiated too. That no longer applies.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
It makes the chips even more important now if/when games are rescheduled. What was a small gameweek in 31 has turned into a huge DGW. I do think the season will continue in the next month or so. It will be a good time to use the FT's to sort out my bench options such as Rico and maybe Cantwell.

Varun

Staff
It makes the chips even more important now if/when games are rescheduled. What was a small gameweek in 31 has turned into a huge DGW. I do think the season will continue in the next month or so. It will be a good time to use the FT's to sort out my bench options such as Rico and maybe Cantwell.
I don't think we'll see any football for a good couple of months.

Paul_Scholes18

Are we going to get more football in the future at all? My interest for this is minimal compared to wanting to stop the virus or just get football back on in general.
Does anyone know what they will do with the transfers and how they will move the gameweeks around?

Neo_Mufc

Are we going to get more football in the future at all? My interest for this is minimal compared to wanting to stop the virus or just get football back on in general.
Does anyone know what they will do with the transfers and how they will move the gameweeks around?
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1645367

In a nutshell. GW 30 and 31 go ahead but no one is playing therefore you will get 0 in both provided you don't take points hits.

If you have a league you will both get a draw.

If things perk up(which I doubt) then those games will get merged with GWs 32-28.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Question.

Who should I pick up?
No one. It's pointless and no one even knows if they would actually be ready.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, each GW they're letting you make transfers still! I had no idea...

It's essentially like having a long, slow Wildcard!
Yep. Very bizarre.
I had to get someone to double check it.

But im going to issue it to my league as otherwise it's a big advantage knowing.

Well...potentially. Noone knows if it would restart and who will be in form.

But ill still do transfers..my team became a mess!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks, didn't know this!

Dan_F

I’ve brought in Rashford. Time to get rid of trash like Rico. Do I tell the others in my mini league?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I knew and have made a few already. Got a headstart on a few in my mini league thankfully. I'm top of work one by 60pts with more chips left than guy in 2nd place. £200 for the winner too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
There's nothing I can obviously change in my team. Mainly because I have no idea how the fixtures will pan out...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good shout on transfers. Bit naughty that. Would've thought the fairer way would just be to give everyone another wildcard if/when the league restarts.

That said Bruno & Taylor in for Perez & Robertson works for me.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
You lose a few places in the overall if you make transfers though if you care about that.

I got rid of Rico for Tanganga and Cantwell to Hayden to free up some funds.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You lose a few places in the overall if you make transfers though if you care about that.

I got rid of Rico for Tanganga and Cantwell to Hayden to free up some funds.
Only if you make extra transfers. You essentially have 5 freebies, IF it gets going early May. Which it won't.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Issued the news to my league.

Very strange way of doing it. Why have weeks 31-35 like this?

Does it mean they're intending week 36,37,38 to cover the whole rest of season? So triple ups?

Or will they go from week 36-44 or something?

If it's the former, there's no point doing transfers now, as if you have wildcard and 2 chips left, you'd use them then, for the easiest ever use of them!!
Although possibly the hardest ever use of them, as most others will have their chips too.

I'll make a few transfers, just in case they do the latter 36-44 approach.

Though personally I think it'll be voided.
The non leagues are already calling for it. Which has to be the start of the pressure building.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I dare say totally pointless, but used my two free transfers to ship Auba and Firmy for Vardy and Jimi.

Free up quite a fund to tidy up elsewhere.