Fantasy Premier League 19/20

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You think Lundstram will start?
I can see him starting at least one of the games. He started both of the last two prior to lockdown, with Fleck not in the 18 for one and Berge benched for the other. It's either him or O'Connell and I am on the fence.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Thinking no Arsenal players at all now on my Free Hit. Maybe just Leno for some potential save points vs City and a hopefull clean sheet against Brighton.

Now to decide which 3 City players to take in this round of Pep roulette. Obviously the attackers have all the upside but the new 5 subs rule might be of benefit to defenders if they come off early wih a clean sheet intact.

I'm on this 11 at the moment - Leno, Lundstram, O' Connell, Stevens, Sterling, KDB, Salah, Grealish, Aguero, Abraham, Jimenez

Jimenez, Abraham, Salah being my single gw punts. All could haul with those fixtures.
Auba has decent fixtures though. City, Brighton, Soton, Norwich for the next 3 GWs. Can easily seem him hauling a fair few points.

Also, the defense made up with entirely with Sheffield players. :nervous:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Auba has decent fixtures though. City, Brighton, Soton, Norwich for the next 3 GWs. Can easily seem him hauling a fair few points.

Also, the defense made up with entirely with Sheffield players. :nervous:
I've got Auba in my standard team. This is for one week only on a Free Hit. He's very unlikely to score vs City so it's him vs Brigton away or Tammy v Villa, Jim vs West Ham.

Sheffield United triple up is a no brainer. They play Villa and Newcastle dude.

Neo_Mufc

I'm using as many free transfers then I will probably free hit in 31 or 32 and start building my old team back.

Are those bringing in Aston Villa players looking to get rid with their WC's in 31? I have maybe 6 or 7 transfers to make so by adding a villa asset might be a stretch too far for me.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I've got Auba in my standard team. This is for one week only on a Free Hit. He's very unlikely to score vs City so it's him vs Brigton away or Tammy v Villa, Jim vs West Ham.

Sheffield United triple up is a no brainer. They play Villa and Newcastle dude.
Too much risk putting all the eggs in the same basket. I have 2 defenders though, because I will be carrying forward the same team to GW31 so need a bit of flexibility to bench both SHU defenders next GW.

ROFLUTION

Too much risk putting all the eggs in the same basket. I have 2 defenders though, because I will be carrying forward the same team to GW31 so need a bit of flexibility to bench both SHU defenders next GW.
Doing the same here, what's your team currently?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I dont fancy Arsenal, Villa or City to keep clean sheets so don't see the harm in getting Sheffield defence. Good lucky choosing who Pep starts in defence other than Emerson.

Dan_F

I’m going with bench boost now and wildcard next week, but I’ve only ended up with 7 players on a double game week so far.

I don’t want to fall into the trap of getting in double gameweek players for the sake of it. Will a villa defender score more against Sheffield and Chelsea than Boly against West Ham for example. Not to mention the 0.2 value I’d lose, having already lost a fair bit.

Pope/Reina
TAA, Boly, Fernandez, O Connell, Egan
Sterling, KDB, Fernandes, Grealish, Flect,
Pukki, Jimenez, Vardy

Suggestions welcome, baring in mind I’m wildcarding next week. Is it better to just ignore value completely now, set up as best I can, then take a 0.1 hit to buy them back next week if needed.

ROFLUTION

Current team: (bench boosting, no wildcard available) - 0.1 in the bank

Henderson - Martin
Gomez - Trent - Doherty - Basham - Egan
KDB - Martial - Grealish - Cantwell - Bruno
Abraham - Aguero - Jimenez

allowing me to continue afterwards byusing 1 sub: Henderson to Pope or De Gea.

Ideally id like to have Son too, but maybe after Liverpool's clinched the title In 2 gws, I can spend some Trent money

Thoughts?

Edit: hmm I could sacrifize TAA for Son now and have a squad ready for the next many weeks (swapping sheff United players out each gw)

Martin - Henderson
Basham - Egan - Doherty - Gomez - Lascelles
Kdb - Martial - Cantwell - Son - Bruno
Abraham - Aguero - Jimenez

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Ederson - Leno
Doherty - O’Connell - Lundstram - Soyuncu - Saiss
Sterling - KdB - Cantwell - Grealish - Bruno
Samatta - Auba - Jimenez​
Not bad. Thoughts on Sterling vs Aguero? One could argue Mahrez is better value than Sterling when looking at pts. Sterling has looked uninspired in the last 5-10 games

podurban2

Going for free hit w30, I am 90 points off the leader in my ML and I need to take a big gamble.. Going all out for a lot of goals in the double GW games;

Henderson
Lundy-O’Connell-Targett
Pepe-KdB-Sterling-Grealish
Aguero-Auba-Lacazette

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Good luck podurban. Lacazette and Pepe are real iffy options, could explode with goals, but could do nothing

Neo_Mufc

Captain choices for this week? Has to be Aguero for me... despite the risk of him not seeing out 90mins in each.

I just think both matches will be played in such a relaxed atmosphere for City that it will have that training ground feel to it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Captain choices for this week? Has to be Aguero for me... despite the risk of him not seeing out 90mins in each.

I just think both matches will be played in such a relaxed atmosphere for City that it will have that training ground feel to it.
I'm miles behind 1st and 2nd in my mini league so I might take a punt on Sterling.

Neo_Mufc

I'm miles behind 1st and 2nd in my mini league so I might take a punt on Sterling.
I'm in a really good position in 6 leagues. I'm going with the obvious choices so I guess I have some comfort. I think the people below me will have to start taking some risks so hopefully it works in my favour.

I have 8 DGW players for my BB. I've seen a lot of people with Grealish but I just can't justify getting him in his last 5 games have not looked that great and it will take me much longer to get rid of said players.

podurban2

Good luck podurban. Lacazette and Pepe are real iffy options, could explode with goals, but could do nothing
Thanks! Yeah, but I need to take a punt. No one knows what will happen with the season restarting. I’m just hoping the defences will not be as well-drilled, that has seemed to be the case for other leagues(?).

Cornish

I’m going with bench boost now and wildcard next week, but I’ve only ended up with 7 players on a double game week so far.

I don’t want to fall into the trap of getting in double gameweek players for the sake of it. Will a villa defender score more against Sheffield and Chelsea than Boly against West Ham for example. Not to mention the 0.2 value I’d lose, having already lost a fair bit.

Pope/Reina
TAA, Boly, Fernandez, O Connell, Egan
Sterling, KDB, Fernandes, Grealish, Flect,
Pukki, Jimenez, Vardy

Suggestions welcome, baring in mind I’m wildcarding next week. Is it better to just ignore value completely now, set up as best I can, then take a 0.1 hit to buy them back next week if needed.
I've gone for the same sort of method. Going to be wildcarding again next week but still only got 8 DGW players this week. (I've gone for Henderson, Lundstram, Grealish, Guendouzi, Fleck, KDB, Auba & Aguero etc.)
Don't think picking DGW players for the sake of it and just because they have 2 games is the way to go. Like you said the chances are that someone like TAA could get more points in 1 game than a Villa defender will get in 2 and then you may struggle to get him back with his price difference especially if you had him all season.

Cornish

Toss up between Henderson or Aguero for me. Going to be switching right up to the deadline I think!!

Dan_F

Toss up between Henderson or Aguero for me. Going to be switching right up to the deadline I think!!
From experience I’d avoid captaining keepers. You’d might as well do a Sheffield defender, who at least has a chance of scoring/assisting alongside the clean sheet.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m a good 80 points back in my league and about 55 in the other, so I need to chance it with this DGW. I think squad that I have picked is a good one, and flexible enough that a couple of transfers will get it back to “normal” in the few weeks after.

Leno - Reina
TAA - Lundstrum - David Luiz - Kelly - Stevens
Grealish - KdB - McGinn - Bruno - Mahrez
Aubameyang - Aguero - Mousset

Using bench boost too. I imagine Liverpool might switch off once it’s done, so happy to wait and see on Mane, and a couple of transfers to get in players who have started well will get the squad back to “normal” (maybe Martial, maybe Jimenez)

Too many questions over players, subs and teams situations to make any judgements, só have to gamble on this DGW and hope for the best.

United58

Henderson - McCarthy
TAA - Baldock - Soyuncu - Fernández - Lascelles
Bruno - Mané - KDB - Moutinho - McCarthy
Rashford - Auba - Jiménez
Happy enough with it but not convinced with Auba and defence seems weak. Suggestions?

Maluco

Henderson - McCarthy
TAA - Baldock - Soyuncu - Fernández - Lascelles
Bruno - Mané - KDB - Moutinho - McCarthy
Rashford - Auba - Jiménez
Happy enough with it but not convinced with Auba and defence seems weak. Suggestions?
I like it personally, lots of potential goals and assists. Auba is always good for goals even if Arsenal don’t win!

I don’t know about doubling up on Newcastle just. Henderson also can’t play against United, so you might miss out there if McCarthy doesn’t play also.

What about Fernandez and Henderson out for Lundstrum and Leno/Gauita? Lord Lundy is always worth a punt because he has potential for a big haul and will certainly get on the pitch in midfield most games.

Palace have Bournemouth and Burnley in the next 3 games while Arsenal have Brighton, Southampton and Norwich after City game.

United58

I like it personally, lots of potential goals and assists. Auba is always good for goals even if Arsenal don’t win!

I don’t know about doubling up on Newcastle just. Henderson also can’t play against United, so you might miss out there if McCarthy doesn’t play also.

What about Fernandez and Henderson out for Lundstrum and Leno/Gauita? Lord Lundy is always worth a punt because he has potential for a big haul and will certainly get on the pitch in midfield most games.

Palace have Bournemouth and Burnley in the next 3 games while Arsenal have Brighton, Southampton and Norwich after City game.
Thanks for the reply!

Had Lundstram for ages, got rid after a few dropped games. Would definitely consider getting him back though, great returns. Arsenal's defence is so bad I don't think I want to risk Leno :lol: Like having an extra United player too :drool:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Not bad. Thoughts on Sterling vs Aguero? One could argue Mahrez is better value than Sterling when looking at pts. Sterling has looked uninspired in the last 5-10 games
For me, Aguero is a bigger rotation risk than Sterling. I can essentially bring in Aguero for Auba/Jimenez by shuffling players around but then I’m also looking at further 2 GWs since I will be relying on FTs.

ROFLUTION

Has anyone in here followed training-matches, and which teams seems to be struggling with fitness / bad results?

From what I read Spurs have not had a break, and home-training almost immediately after the corona-suspension, same with United. But how about the other teams?

Neo_Mufc

Is Allison back from injury? can't seem to find any information because I have Adrian in my draft team and would rather get rid now if he's not in the team.

Nickosaur

I have BB and FH left. No WC.

Thoughts on bench boosting this team?
Problem is i've then got 3x City players for tough games in the coming game weeks, and also 3x SHU defenders. But i'd rather not free hit as my original team needs too much work going into gw31.

Leno, McCarthy
Maguire, Lascelles, Targett, Egan, O'Connell
KDB, Mahrez, Grealish, Fernandes, Traore
Aguero, Rashford, Jimenez

For the next deadline I'd probably swap a SHU defender for Doherty.

Maluco

Ederson in ;).
Seriously. Pep already likes to get Jesus on whenever he can afford to. I think I am going to make sure Ederson is in there and go for Mahrez as my City forward.

At least, at his price, you can get good players round him.

The problem is, with 5 subs, there will be lots of players coming on a ruining scores:(

Paul_Scholes18

Seriously. Pep already likes to get Jesus on whenever he can afford to. I think I am going to make sure Ederson is in there and go for Mahrez as my City forward.

At least, at his price, you can get good players round him.

The problem is, with 5 subs, there will be lots of players coming on a ruining scores:(
I am thinking De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez as my three. Saves some money too that I could do something with.

Maluco

Also, who would people advise as a defender option, who is a cert to start this game week, for 4.5 million or under?

Maluco

I am thinking De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez as my three. Saves some money too that I could do something with.
I was going to go for Aguero, de Bruyne, Mahrez, but think I might go for Ederson, de Bruyne and Mahrez. It’s hard to invest big money into City when it is so hard to predict.

Will keep the cash and get Martial/Rashford in after this game week. I always enjoy it more when I have more United players involved anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

I was going to go for Aguero, de Bruyne, Mahrez, but think I might go for Ederson, de Bruyne and Mahrez. It’s hard to invest big money into City when it is so hard to predict.

Will keep the cash and get Martial/Rashford in after this game week. I always enjoy it more when I have more United players involved anyway.
Have had Martial for most of the season and not Rashford. Might go with Rashford after this or both. Could go Bruno too, but he is pretty expensive.
The value I have in Martial will be gone anyway, but it is not insane.

littlepeasoup

Relatively happy with my team going into these fresh batch of games, but feck me nothing has made me feel more normal than last minute scrutinising of my fantasy team... for a second there the last three months were almost forgotten.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
ive thought about it for days and i still cant decide whether to FH or BB :confused:

FFS

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Relatively happy with my team going into these fresh batch of games, but feck me nothing has made me feel more normal than last minute scrutinising of my fantasy team... for a second there the last three months were almost forgotten.
Haha, I hear that! Was thinking the same thing.

Mighty Boosh

Bit confused as to what to do, totally ignored FPL until now trying to make sense of best options before the deadline

I have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and Free Hit remaining. What is the general consensus for that?

Team at the moment if it helps:

Patricio
TAA Gomez Fernandez O'Connell
Fernandes Salah De Bruyne
Ings Jiminez Auba
Subs: Fleck, Lascelles, Douglas Luiz