Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Hope they change the bonus point system. I get that the current metric they use is an objective one, but time and time again genuine man of the match performances are overlooked for a player who manages to get on the scoresheet. Maybe they could nominate a panel to award 3, 2 and a 1 pt to the best three players in a game? I know the subjectivity of that in itself would cause hot debate, but I don't like it as it is.

The chips feel like they could do with a shake up too. Haven't the creativity to know how though!

Paul_Scholes18

Hope they change the bonus point system. I get that the current metric they use is an objective one, but time and time again genuine man of the match performances are overlooked for a player who manages to get on the scoresheet. Maybe they could nominate a panel to award 3, 2 and a 1 pt to the best three players in a game? I know that subjectivity of that in itself would cause hot debate, but I don't like it as it is.

The chips feel like they could do with a shake up too. Haven't the creativity to know how though!
They could have unlimited free hit so you can buy the best players for a round and with no team limitation.
Thus you could load up on a side with an easy game if you like.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Took a closer look at what my rival did on his free hit.

He took out...

Auba
De Bruyne
Ings
Bruno
Mane
Walker
Ederson

Truly madcap. Taken out 7 goals, and replaced them with 2 - Kane and Jesus.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I best not name shame anyone, but he ended with this starting lineup

3 Burnley defence
Keane
Sterling
Silva
Pulisic
Antonio
Vardy
Kane
Jesus

Taking out Ings, De Bruyne, Auba were utter madness, Bruno, Mane and 2 City defenders arguably risky too

Sparky Rhiwabon

I best not name shame anyone, but he ended with this starting lineup

3 Burnley defence
Keane
Sterling
Silva
Pulisic
Antonio
Vardy
Kane
Jesus

Taking out Ings, De Bruyne, Auba were utter madness, Bruno, Mane and 2 City defenders arguably risky too
Wow, what a disaster!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People who left free hit till today were braver than me. Don't think I could have stomached it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looking at the top of the world table, the guy in 3rd has pulled a blinder with 90+ points to storm to victory.

Especially as he had 3 United away at Leicester and 2 Wolves away at Chelsea. Brave. But he had De Bruyne captain and Auba in there too - the 2 key players to have today

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
96 points makes this a great end to the season with no chip. Jimi to Ings and a late armband switch to KDB delivered.

I’ve gone from 513,621 in GW29 to seemingly 51,911 now, which feels pretty incredible. An early wasted wildcard in GW3 massively set me back and I didn’t get back into the top 2m until GW16 and top 1m until GW24

Feel a little for those who Free Hit today and were screwed by virtually no leaks. Leaks shouldn’t be part of the game, but it seemed like they were consistently being delivered until this week. Free Hitting in GW36+ paid off for me.

Hope they get FPL up for the new season in the next fortnight after the playoffs as I could already pick most of my team.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My captaincy in the last game cost me top spot in old work league after making up a massive defecit and holding it for a few weeks. Winner had Auba captain. Feck sake.

Did win my even older work league though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just checked the score I would have had if I didn't tinker and bring in Dilva as suggested all over here and Reddit (I TCd him instead of KDB). I would have got so many more points but would have been 2 points short of catching the 48 points that I was going for. That would have hurt so much more.

troylocker

Ended on 2288p (ranked 64 379 in the world) after having a slow first half of the season and 706p since the restart. Funny thing is my bench have scored a record high 282p, so my first 11 selections have not been spot on to say the least.... Happy with the season anyway.
Next season the goal will be top 20k in the world.

Good luck next season guys!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Anyone know of a website that will show how your score compares since the restart? Feels like I've done really well since then and would like to compare.

Skåre Willoch

Hope they change the bonus point system. I get that the current metric they use is an objective one, but time and time again genuine man of the match performances are overlooked for a player who manages to get on the scoresheet. Maybe they could nominate a panel to award 3, 2 and a 1 pt to the best three players in a game? I know the subjectivity of that in itself would cause hot debate, but I don't like it as it is.

The Norwegian fantasy game has a few interesting ones:
Double captain. Your vice captain gets captain points as well.
Attacker rush: All your attackers get double points.
Rich uncle: Like free hit, but with an unlimited budget.

They also have a panel deciding the 3,2,1 points, usually the commentator(s) for the specific games, I think.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I'd probably change the Free Hit chip to something else because the functionality of it is quite clumsy with price changes, but otherwise I think the game is good. The double captain chip sounds nice and simple.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I actually like the chips we have already. However I think it would be more fun if you got all 3 in the first 19 games and then get the same 3 again for the last 19 games. Reason why is most FPL boffins leave their chips until GW30 or later in a typical season so they kind of get forgotten until the very end. Would definitely spice things up.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ended on 2288p (ranked 64 379 in the world) after having a slow first half of the season and 706p since the restart. Funny thing is my bench have scored a record high 282p, so my first 11 selections have not been spot on to say the least.... Happy with the season anyway.
Next season the goal will be top 20k in the world.

Good luck next season guys!
319 for me! A ridiculous 117 since the restart.

Nickosaur

Checked the final standings this morning. I finished at 234k. Pretty disappointing considering I finished just outside the top 20k last season, but I did get off to a fecking terrible start, and I managed to win my ML, so can't complain.

Looking to next season, I wonder what the template will be? KDB, Fernandes, TAA and one of Salah/Mane will surely be the must-haves? Can't see Martial being classed as a midfielder again but if so he'd be on the list too. But just those 4/5 players and you won't have much extra cash to play with...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Checked the final standings this morning. I finished at 234k. Pretty disappointing considering I finished just outside the top 20k last season, but I did get off to a fecking terrible start, and I managed to win my ML, so can't complain.

Looking to next season, I wonder what the template will be? KDB, Fernandes, TAA and one of Salah/Mane will surely be the must-haves? Can't see Martial being classed as a midfielder again but if so he'd be on the list too. But just those 4/5 players and you won't have much extra cash to play with...
Don't think you'll be able to afford those first 4 and have a decent team elsewhere.

TAA is gonna be £7.5-8m

KDB surely £12-12.5m. Likwise Salah & Mane.

Fernandes £10.5m+

Throw Robertson in there too and you've spent half your budget on 5 players with 10 more slots to fill.

I think TAA and KDB are must haves. Might not bother with Mane/Salah. Salah looks to be regressing in the last few seasons and if they are finally classified as attackers they won't score as high (will they though? They weren't this season) I'd prefer a double Liverpool defence and spend my funds on City, United, Cheslea attackers. Hopefully Pulisic/Ziyech are obtainable.

Yeah you'd think Martial would be classed as a striker too. Not sure I'd be interested in him so much if so. Especially with the inevitbale price rise.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Trent n KDB will be in my team from GW1 to GW38 barring injury. The rest is up for debate.

The price points are always really interesting in FPL. Who will be next season's Lundstram or the real bargains? I have a feeling we will need quite a few of them given United n Chelsea players prices will likely rise.

Could have Havertz n Sancho joining Ziyech in the game too. There's going to be so many choices in midfield. How do you fit them all in and who do you leave out?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think the prices rising and all the new players coming in should make it more interesting. Sick of saying template teams. I think the must have players next year will be TAA and KDB. Fernandes could be an important player too because he can get big points even playing shit like yesterday.

Salah is in question now. Seemed useless after the restart and if he becomes a forward, he'll get less points per goal.

It's all about getting those bargain enablers though.

Also, I think subs bench will be a bit useless with 5 subs allowed. There will hardly be any reason to have them...

Withnail

I think the prices rising and all the new players coming in should make it more interesting. Sick of saying template teams. I think the must have players next year will be TAA and KDB. Fernandes could be an important player too because he can get big points even playing shit like yesterday.

Salah is in question now. Seemed useless after the restart and if he becomes a forward, he'll get less points per goal.

Also, I think subs bench will be a bit useless with 5 subs allowed. There will hardly be any reason to have them...
The sub thing will be a disaster. Loads of players coming off the bench for 20 mins getting null point

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The sub thing will be a disaster. Loads of players coming off the bench for 20 mins getting null point
But that will affect everyone I guess. The point is, might as well get a bench of 4.0 and maybe one 4.5 players as they're very unlikely to play.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

KDB was great value this season, but only because he'd been injured so much the season before. By rights he should have been Mane/Salah value.

TAA could become the highest priced defender ever. He'll surely be 7.5m. Could he stretch to 8? Probably not, as that's getting a bit mad.

Rashford/Martial/Salah/Mane positions will be interesting.
At least 2 of these have to change surely. They can't condone having Rashford in a different category to the Liverpool guys anymore.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder what the changes to the game will be next year if any.
Maybe they might allow more subs to the squads for say a 110m budget. Probably not, but you never know.

The chips always seem a bit out of kilter. Binning the attacking chip was good, as free hit is so much more powerful.
I wonder if bench boost might get changed to something.

Neo_Mufc

Was thinking of creating an FPL channel. Is it something doable on the side or you think it would take up a lot of effort.

Only thing I'm not sure about is how would won separate themselves from the rest.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I wonder what the changes to the game will be next year if any.
Maybe they might allow more subs to the squads for say a 110m budget. Probably not, but you never know.

The chips always seem a bit out of kilter. Binning the attacking chip was good, as free hit is so much more powerful.
I wonder if bench boost might get changed to something.
I think Free Hit (ideally unlimited budget) plus Triple Captain and a chip where both your Captain and Vice Captain get the captaincy points would be really good, interesting changes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think Free Hit (ideally unlimited budget) plus Triple Captain and a chip where both your Captain and Vice Captain get the captaincy points would be really good, interesting changes.
Unlimited budget would be too easy on the free hit though.
They've dumbed the game down a bit too much with vice captains and chips.

Should make it harsher, sort the big boys out from the casuals :)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Subs will surely just be basic low cost players who get in for their teams next season. So little chance of them playing now with more subs.

The winners next season will be whoever rides the waves of the form teams and form players. So many potential combos.

I would love to find a decent mini League with a few prizes on the line for next season. In both of mine, a lot seem to have given up since the restart.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Subs will surely just be basic low cost players who get in for their teams next season. So little chance of them playing now with more subs.

The winners next season will be whoever rides the waves of the form teams and form players. So many potential combos.

I would love to find a decent mini League with a few prizes on the line for next season. In both of mine, a lot seem to have given up since the restart.
In our league the winner gets a prize and the bottom player has to turn up to the pub wearing the full football kit of any team that the winner chooses. Keeps everyone on their game right until the end :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
In our league the winner gets a prize and the bottom player has to turn up to the pub wearing the full football kit of any team that the winner chooses. Keeps everyone on their game right until the end :lol:
Haha, that’s a good one to keep everyone on their toes!! What’s the kit this year?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Haha, that’s a good one to keep everyone on their toes!! What’s the kit this year?
The winner hasn't picked yet. I remember a year when the winner picked the sleeveless Nigeria kit because the loser has stick arms and is insecure about it :lol:

Neo_Mufc

Also anyone have any ideas for Mini Leagues.

With friends we usually do standard points and h2h including in draft. We also have a pick em which involved predicting W-L-D each gameweek.