Fantasy Premier League 19/20

GledTheRed

Who's the must haves for next season guys?

Early doors i'm thinking Trent, KDB, Sterling.

Outsiders are Greenwood, Foden & Pulisic.

I get better value from Liverpool defenders than i do their attack.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Let's see what the prices are first!

If TAA is suddenly 8m, he is too expensive. Similar if KDB and Sterling are 12.5 along with Salah and Mane.
It'll be a game of gamble having the right 1 or 2 of that latter 4 at the right time.

Greenwood will probably boot up to 7.5m or so

GledTheRed

Let's see what the prices are first!

If TAA is suddenly 8m, he is too expensive. Similar if KDB and Sterling are 12.5 along with Salah and Mane.
It'll be a game of gamble having the right 1 or 2 of that latter 4 at the right time.

Greenwood will probably boot up to 7.5m or so
TAA at 8 million is good value, he out scored every striker.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Has anyone put their team in this website?

That luck statistic I don't seem to understand fully.

https://fplreview.com/season-review/
That's some heavy data analytics!

If I am reading it right then I got fecked over on an xG basis - actual rank 101k, xG rank 19k

Captain choice is such a big factor and I get it wrong far too much - might just choose one and rarely change next season.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think TAA, de Bruyne and Bruno will be the players to build round next season. A lot will depend on transfers though.

The former, because he is the only defender capable of massive hauls from Pool clean sheets at home and assists/set pieces.

The latter two because they are both so central to everything their teams do.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Problem with FPL is a good start is vital, and there's a fair bit of guesswork with the cheaper players you have to pick. Always some that had a decent season last time but fade to nothing the next.

Can't be as bad as the last start though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Agree with KDB and TAA. I think they'll be worth whatever they cost. De Bruyne was crazily underpriced coming off an injury ridden season.

Bruno surely has an unsustainable ppg metric that theoretically should put him in the same price bracket as Salah, Mane, Sterling and KDB. Can't wait to see how much he is.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Trent, De Bruyne and Bruno are all on set pieces too (the latter two on pens as well). They're gonna be pretty template.

Trent £8m
KDB £12.5m
Bruno £11m

?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That big of a jump!? KDB was only 9.5m this year.

Leonzo1

Dropped from 23k to 65k in the last 3 GW's. Disappointing but still my best finish yet.

SteveTheRed

Trent, De Bruyne and Bruno are all on set pieces too (the latter two on pens as well). They're gonna be pretty template.

Trent £8m
KDB £12.5m
Bruno £11m

?
Yes these 3 are the first ones down - possibily Mahrez or another City asset. No David Silva can only mean more minutes for those midfielders right? Or pep will just feck us over some other way.

Had a proper rollercoaster final day in my draft league! I had pretty my resigned it to finishing 2nd. My friend in first was 58 points clear and we didnt allow any transfers all season. Everything went my way on the day and wrong for him - Liverpool players not starting, Evans red card...then Mane came off the bench and scored.

I got 78 points against his 26 once all bonuses came through and he beat be by 6 points! It was a fun day messaging each other back and forth though

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
That big of a jump!? KDB was only 9.5m this year.
Yeah easily a £2m/£2.5m increase on that price. I think likely £12m. Sterling was £12m this year on the back of 234 points.

KDB's starting price this year was based on an injury hit season where he played 968 mins and scored a mere 59 pts.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yes these 3 are the first ones down - possibily Mahrez or another City asset. No David Silva can only mean more minutes for those midfielders right? Or pep will just feck us over some other way.

Had a proper rollercoaster final day in my draft league! I had pretty my resigned it to finishing 2nd. My friend in first was 58 points clear and we didnt allow any transfers all season. Everything went my way on the day and wrong for him - Liverpool players not starting, Evans red card...then Mane came off the bench and scored.

I got 78 points against his 26 once all bonuses came through and he beat be by 6 points! It was a fun day messaging each other back and forth though
I think KDB is so important that he always needs to start for them. Watching them at times he only seemed to play a bit deeper when David Silva would play so that can only be a good thing for him FPL wise.

Wait and see who they buy but yeah both Silva and Sane gone leaves them a bit short potentially although Foden seems to now be getting more game time.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
3 at the back next season. 1 Liverpool, 1 Burnley, 1 Sheffield to start with. GK go cheap. I don't think it's going to be possible to fit KDB, Bruno and 1 of Salah/Mane. You're gonna have to pick 2 out of the 3.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As important as it is to fit some of these big hitters in, you also need to find those starting 4m defenders. They are key.
While Lundstram was an insane find early doors, and that might not happen again, you need to be on the starting 4m defenders that succeed early doors, both to get their growth, and to facilitate the rest.

ROFLUTION

Trent £8m
KDB £12.5m
Bruno £11m

?
Sounds about right. Trent will be value up until 9m or 10 imo if he performs this way all season. Strange to say really, but he gets more points than so many top attackers

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
As important as it is to fit some of these big hitters in, you also need to find those starting 4m defenders. They are key.
While Lundstram was an insane find early doors, and that might not happen again, you need to be on the starting 4m defenders that succeed early doors, both to get their growth, and to facilitate the rest.
Definitely. It probably won't be anyone you expect either, which is where the big bit of luck comes in at the start of the season.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Sounds about right. Trent will be value up until 9m or 10 imo if he performs this way all season. Strange to say really, but he gets more points than so many top attackers
Trying to remember if there has ever been a defender who racked up more points in a FPL season

HackeyC

Trent will only be value if Liverpool continue to perform. There were real signs of a diminishing level in the second half of the season. If that is the case he becomes a more marginal choice depending on the price. The 3m premium over someone like Wan Bissaka could be used to upgrade MF or CF with more likely levels of return. For example, if united secure Sancho then to me Wan Bissaka goes up in value as his likelihood to assist will increase and that won't be inherent in his price.

Reactions: Rood

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Robertson 213 last year.
fair enough - although that was mostly down to a lot more clean sheets. I was more thinking about anyone matching the frankly ridiculous attacking stats (4 goals, 15 assists) that TAA has put out from full back

Adcuth

Sancho, Bruno, TAA, Sterling, KDB, Ings,

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sancho, Bruno, TAA, Sterling, KDB, Ings,
You won't be able to afford those, I'm fairly certain.
I'd guess the cost of those guys could be a minimum of

10,10,7.5,12.5,12.5,9 leaving you 38.5m to get the other 9 players in

Chief123

I think Werner could be the best value striker. I can't imagine him being in the Auba, Kane, Aguero price bracket. He'll defo get a good share of goals considering he'll be chelseas best choice striker by far. Also, with Havertz supplying him should be a good combo.

Martial will most likely be changed from a midfielder to a striker. Again could be good value for money considering his price will be tier 2 for striker options.

Havertz could be an absolute steal. Can't see him being the same price of Mane, Salah, Sterling, KDB......but could post figures very close to these lot by the end of the season.

Chief123

I won't be having Utd defenders that's for sure
Utd actually had some great value defenders this season. I had AWB from the start at 5.5m I think. We had a hell of a lot of clean sheets and bonus points defensively.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think Werner could be the best value striker. I can't imagine him being in the Auba, Kane, Aguero price bracket. He'll defo get a good share of goals considering he'll be chelseas best choice striker by far. Also, with Havertz supplying him should be a good combo.

Martial will most likely be changed from a midfielder to a striker. Again could be good value for money considering his price will be tier 2 for striker options.

Havertz could be an absolute steal. Can't see him being the same price of Mane, Salah, Sterling, KDB......but could post figures very close to these lot by the end of the season.
Might Werner start out wide though?
And I've been burnt by getting straight on big signings from abroad before. Sometimes they need a bit of adjusting time. Salah was the opposite, so we'll see!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Utd actually had some great value defenders this season. I had AWB from the start at 5.5m I think. We had a hell of a lot of clean sheets and bonus points defensively.
I had Maguire, as he tends to score a a few headers, as well as being the main threat at every set piece, but he's had a lot of near misses.

nemanja15

This morning it's emerging that the previous/season-end OR 1 has had his team deleted (along with many others for reasons as yet unconfirmed), meaning Joshua Bull, who'd led the whole thing for large parts of the season and previous OR 2, is the new winner. Scenes.

Last edited:

nemanja15

This morning it's emerging that the previous/season-end OR 1 has had his team deleted (along with many others for reasons as yet unconfirmed), meaning Joshua Bull, who'd led the whole thing for large parts of the season and previous OR 2, is the new winner. Scenes.
Update on the above: the winner had sent racist messages in a private WhatsApp group that found their way to FPL Towers, and the Premier League by extension exercised their power to disqualify him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's done a video explanation, but somehow managed not to admit to exactly what he's done, or apologise. Bizarre.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He hasn’t explained it because it’s pretty horrendous. Referring to black footballers by some names which I won’t repeat or even try to type out here. He has accepted it in a relaxed way as he has because there are no excuses for the things he was writing. He knows it and should get no sympathy.

Well done FPL for taking such swift and appropriate action.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He hasn’t explained it because it’s pretty horrendous. Referring to black footballers by some names which I won’t repeat or even try to type out here. He has accepted it in a relaxed way as he has because there are no excuses for the things he was writing. He knows it and should get no sympathy.

Well done FPL for taking such swift and appropriate action.
Who are we talking about here?