Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Mcking

Martinez (Steer)
Lamptey - Saiss - Chilwell (Mitchell, Kilman)
Grealish - Salah - Son - Pulisic - Rodríguez
DCL - Kane (c) (Brewster)

There's two big issues in there for me. 1) The slightly ragtag defence with no star power, and 2) Loads of doubling up on teams that are in good form. I pulled the trigger on the wildcard at the start of the week and my team has a value of 101m with 0.4m in the bank. Any thoughts and opinions?
Remove Steer for another keeper.

saivet

James Rodriguez is likely to miss Everton's game this weekend through injury. I thought about bringing him in for this GW but didn't so happy I didn't get caught out.

Relfy

I feel like I need to get Son in, but I would have to sacrifice Salah or Bruno to be able to afford him. I'd fancy Salah to score and Bruno has all the pens. Getting tempted to drop out TAA too. I've not played fantasy in years so any help most welcome!

Ryan, Martin
White, TAA, Cresswell, Coady, Kilman
Grealish, McGinn, Jorginho, Salah, Bruno
DCL, Kane, Brewster

Mcking

I feel like I need to get Son in, but I would have to sacrifice Salah or Bruno to be able to afford him. I'd fancy Salah to score and Bruno has all the pens. Getting tempted to drop out TAA too. I've not played fantasy in years so any help most welcome!

Ryan, Martin
DCL, Kane, Brewster
Do you have money in the bank?

Mcking

That Rodriguez news is a good one. Hurts DCL's goal potential, but everyone has him anyway. A slight niggle for Harry Kane too, and every FPL team will be in the mud already.

A9X SJ

Sitting top of the Tree on the Manchester Forum Free League

I think it’s only because I don’t have any United players this year

RashyForPM

Salah at home. Easy decision. Am tempted to TC as well.
Don’t do it mate. Wait for a DGW. I messed it up last season with Vardy (H) vs Norwich and the season before with Aguero (A) vs Fulham. Should captain him though. I’ll be doing that too.

Mcking

Only £1.7m, so not much to play with.....
Yeah, you are going have to make a few sacrifices. I guess the easiest way to look at it is TAA or Son? You could switch them in two moves.

Grealish or Son? Two moves too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Martinez vs Leeds or Ryan vs West Brom ?
Logic says Ryan but I got stung way to much with him lately.
Brighton can't defend to save their lives. I don't think they even have a clean sheet? Why do so many people have Ryan?

Martinez is great. Villa have a bunch of clean sheets and he makes loads of saves.

With that said, West Brom are probably one of the worst teams in the league... I'd still go Martinez.

Deery

Dreary
Keeping Vardy, Trent and Rodriguez, feel Trent will come good this week even though Robertson looks every good atm and I haven’t got the funds to bring James back if I sell him and keeping faith Vardy is well rested to come back, plus Werner has got United

Happy enough with my team even at that think I’ll score decent this week (famous last words).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Ryan, Martin
DCL, Kane, Brewster
I probably wouldn't get Son in if I were you. You already have Kane, who is probably the better pick of the two anyway. And while Spurs have three very good fixtures, that's then followed by all of City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves in the following seven fixtures. I don't think you'll want double Spurs for that run, so it doesn't make sense to me to rip up your team now to bring double Spurs in. I'd happily double up if it was an easy transfer in but in your case it isn't.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would still favour Son over Kane. Cheaper, more points for goals + I see Kane playing deeper and feeding Son + Bale now that Bale is back. Saw a glimpse of this when he came on with the 9.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Don’t do it mate. Wait for a DGW. I messed it up last season with Vardy (H) vs Norwich and the season before with Aguero (A) vs Fulham. Should captain him though. I’ll be doing that too.
I probably won't go through with it tbf. As far as dgw's go, I haven't had much luck with those either. Was on Mane last season who got injured in the first game and KDB the season before who also got injured in the first game.

IrishRedDevil

I took injured De Bruyne out for fit Rodriguez earlier this week.

Now it seems like De Bruyne will play this weekend and Rodriguez won’t :lol: :(

That’s what trying to stay ahead of price rises does.

Relfy

I probably wouldn't get Son in if I were you. You already have Kane, who is probably the better pick of the two anyway. And while Spurs have three very good fixtures, that's then followed by all of City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves in the following seven fixtures. I don't think you'll want double Spurs for that run, so it doesn't make sense to me to rip up your team now to bring double Spurs in. I'd happily double up if it was an easy transfer in but in your case it isn't.
Good man, thanks for the advice!

hubbuh

I think that's a very good and balanced team, actually. I wouldn't change much at all.

Maybe look into Cresswell for Lamptey? I know they still have some very tough fixtures coming up, but that hasn't stopped them so far really.
Even Balbuena might be a decent shout, that'll save you even more cash, to perhaps upgrade.
I'd also consider Konsa or Targett, but you already have 2x Villa, so that's contradictory to point 2 in your post.
Nice one! That being said Rodríguez being out is a bit of a spanner in the works.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm torn between two decisions:
1 - captain choice of Son (who has Burnley away) vs Salah (Sheffield at home)
2 - dropping James for my bench options: KWP (vs Everton) or Brewster (vs Liverpool)

To expand on 2: Everton will be without Coleman, James, Richarldson so there's a clean sheet opportunity for KWP. Plus he likes to attack. Meanwhile Liverpool have a shaky defence now and Brewster can knick a goal.

Deery

Dreary
Be good to see DCL revert back to form and all his owners blank now Rodriguez isn’t feeding him...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's essential right now.

I need a differential in my team as I'm chasing other teams down in the league's I'm in.
zaha vs fullham
Grealish v Leeds
Tuanzebe or Telles could star for us v Chelsea

I’ve gone for 2 wolves defenders at home to Newcastle this week and transferred out Wilson. I think Newcastle are about to start struggling. I’m also wary of Liverpool’s defensive players being overpriced without VVD and Alison.

Last edited:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Low? Not really.
He's the most attractive midfield option at the moment, more than De Bruyne, Fernandes, Mane, Aubameyang, Salah even. And at a still attractive price. Why anyone wouldn't have him is beyond me.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Mitchell will step in for Rodriguez for me so I think I'm fine with that as they are away to Fulham. Looks like this weeks team will be:

Martinez
Robertson Chilwell Digne Mitchell
Grealish Salah (C) Bruno Son
DCL Maupay

Bench: Brewster

Would be happy with 60 points. If Telles starts playing first team for United he becomes a very viable option for Digne or Chilwell.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Martinez vs Leeds or Ryan vs West Brom ?
Logic says Ryan but I got stung way to much with him lately.
Brighton look great on the ball but are still leaking goals, Villa on a high and Martinez flying. I'd go with him.

Paul_Scholes18

I brought in Chilwell to cover for Rodriguez. Not expecting anything against us, but I want him in the future. Justin is not better to have anyway.

Mcking

He's the most attractive midfield option at the moment, more than De Bruyne, Fernandes, Mane, Aubameyang, Salah even. And at a still attractive price. Why anyone wouldn't have him is beyond me.
His TSB dropped by over 50% before the Man United game, and he's played only one match since then. The amount of new owners he's gained in the space of one GW is quite a lot. He is going hit 65% if he hauls against Burnley.

Nickosaur

Mitchell will step in for Rodriguez for me so I think I'm fine with that as they are away to Fulham.
Same for me, but i'm hearing rumours that Van Aanholt will be back from injury this weekend. Which would be a pain in the arse!

Neo_Mufc

Rodriguez out bit of a kick in the balls.

I'm tempted to captain Bruno. Thoughts?

Paul_Scholes18

Rodriguez out bit of a kick in the balls.

I'm tempted to captain Bruno. Thoughts?
You are going against Kane/Son and Salah for this week?
Bold move vs Chelsea as well. He has missed two pens now too so not sure I would trust him to certainly convert every pen anymore.

Neo_Mufc

You are going against Kane/Son and Salah for this week?
Bold move vs Chelsea as well. He has missed two pens now too so not sure I would trust him to certainly convert every pen anymore.
I've put it back on Salah. I'm down 75 points in my league. Don't think I can afford it .

I have the choice of Brewster or Mitchell to replace Rodriguez.

Tempted to play Brewster again.

RedDevil@84

Any suggestions for a midfielder under 7.5M? I like to take out Harvey Barnes (who will definitely get a bucketful of points once I throw him out)

Paul_Scholes18

I've put it back on Salah. I'm down 75 points in my league. Don't think I can afford it .

I have the choice of Brewster or Mitchell to replace Rodriguez.

Tempted to play Brewster again.
Will Salah get rested again? Was taken off early in Champions league.
Could happen in this game too.
I am still going with him I think, but not feeling too good. If Milner plays he got no pens too.