Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Withnail

About their injuries, if anyone had heard any updates about their severity, or read anything online.

Greenwood in particular seems a bit puzzling. Just have to wait and see I guess. But if they are out and Son is out, and I already have TAA and Salah out, a -8 could well essential.
I don't think Greenwood is injured though. He was too sick to travel to the last game and Ole ruled him out of the England trip. Presumably he'll be fine for the next PL game.

K Stand Knut

About their injuries, if anyone had heard any updates about their severity, or read anything online.

Greenwood in particular seems a bit puzzling. Just have to wait and see I guess. But if they are out and Son is out, and I already have TAA and Salah out, a -8 could well essential.
Well, I don’t think Greenwood is injured and expect that rashford will play for England tomorrow if he’s with them

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Any word on Rashford and Greenwood? Think my transfers all depend on how likely they are to play!
I doubt that Greenwood will play in first 11. Especially now when Cavani scored in two games in a row. Only if we go back in 4231 formation

Maxii

Paad
Salah looks like he’ll drop tomorrow night. Bought him for 12.2 so I’ll lose 0.1 if I don’t sell him before the drop and maybe an opportunity to get him back for less than 12.3 after this game week. Don’t know if it’s worth a -4 though. Thoughts?

Paul_Scholes18

Salah looks like he’ll drop tomorrow night. Bought him for 12.2 so I’ll lose 0.1 if I don’t sell him before the drop and maybe an opportunity to get him back for less than 12.3 after this game week. Don’t know if it’s worth a -4 though. Thoughts?
I will just wait for the very end. All news is welcome.
Money comes after getting points though.

If I get Bruno and he gets Corona then I will force another -4 etc.

Leonzo1

Took Salah out for Bruno. Bruno rising and Salah dropping so I'll only lose 0.1 if I decide to bring him back.

Schneiderman

Well, I don’t think Greenwood is injured and expect that rashford will play for England tomorrow if he’s with them
Pretty sure he pulled out of the squad along with Coady. Imagine he's just saving himself for United though. As for Greenwood if the poster still has him him they're seriously letting their United bias win over their FPL head.

Leonzo1

Robertson ruled out for Liverpool. Gonna take a hit and bring Vardy in for Kane. The man's gonna run riot against Liverpool under 18's.

Withnail

I doubt that Greenwood will play in first 11. Especially now when Cavani scored in two games in a row. Only if we go back in 4231 formation
It was 4231 against Everton.

It's his favoured formation and the other experiments haven't really worked. I'm not sure what you mean by 'go back' in that context.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Robertson ruled out for Liverpool. Gonna take a hit and bring Vardy in for Kane. The man's gonna run riot against Liverpool under 18's.
Robertson is out as well now?!
So their whole back 4 and Salah!
If they still skimp a win against Leicester it really is written in stone they're winning it this year!!

Paul_Scholes18

So many injuries and Corona this break. Only one free transfer as well.
I guess this means that Son might stay in my team over all the hard fixtures.

I think there would be more skills in the game if you had two free transfers per week.
At least a season like this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So many injuries and Corona this break. Only one free transfer as well.
I guess this means that Son might stay in my team over all the hard fixtures.

I think there would be more skills in the game if you had two free transfers per week.
At least a season like this.
It'd make it easier.
And it could be argued they've already made it too easy with the 4 subs on the bench, being able to set a vice captain and having a change a week already.

You think about old style versions of the game, with say 20-24 transfers for a season, no subs, no vice captain etc...

Paul_Scholes18

It'd make it easier.
And it could be argued they've already made it too easy with the 4 subs on the bench, being able to set a vice captain and having a change a week already.

You think about old style versions of the game, with say 20-24 transfers for a season, no subs, no vice captain etc...
It would be easier, but show more skills in predicting the football side of things. Predicting injuries and Corona makes it way too complicated. I have seen noone being able to do that or even tries by looking at injury data and Corona stats.
You may have good long term picks who are key to your side, but they get injured etc. Not much you can do about it apart from taking hits and rebuild your side.
I know there is some skill in avoiding injury prone players like Aguero. Although he could smash a hattrick as well when you don't own him and he is healthy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It would be easier, but show more skills in predicting the football side of things. Predicting injuries and Corona makes it way too complicated. I have seen noone being able to do that or even tries by looking at injury data and Corona stats.
You may have good long term picks who are key to your side, but they get injured etc. Not much you can do about it apart from taking hits and rebuild your side.
I know there is some skill in avoiding injury prone players like Aguero. Although he could smash a hattrick as well when you don't own him and he is healthy.
Dealing with these situations is what makes you a good manager.

Otherwise, why not just let you pick a full 11 fresh each week? You wouldn't as that would be exceptionally easy!

Paul_Scholes18

Dealing with these situations is what makes you a good manager.

Otherwise, why not just let you pick a full 11 fresh each week? You wouldn't as that would be exceptionally easy!
Well there is more skill in that though to a degree. Although it would be less fun with too much change.
The more you can do and consider the more skill there is to it.
Just picking a set and forget side and your main man gets injured in week 2 is not much skill

Schneiderman

Just when you think things can't get any worse, off goes Chillwell. At least a 4 point hit or free hit now.

In hindsight we all should have planned and saved 2 free transfers knowing this shit was likely.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Having a deep team is great now. I am still able to field:

Martinez
Vestergaard Cresswell Bellerin
Grealish Hamez Son Ziyech
Adams DCL Werner

And still keep Dias who's a solid option on the bench.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I had already made my 2 free transfers before salah got ruled out. so far im keeping him.

My team becomes:

Martinez
KWP Digne Castage/Chillwell
ASM Podence Bruno Grealish
Kane Bamford DCL

Im trying not to lose 4 points and moving out salah.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
TAA and Salah won't play this weekend.
Chilwell may not.

Will have to scrape in Justin and Bissouma, but will probbo take a -4 to replace TAA and potentially Salah if he's a 2 game miss not 1.

Patchbeard

Salah tested positive again. Not sure whether to get rid or not now that his price has already dropped. Tempted by KDB but better wait for him to get through tonight unscathed...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Salah tested positive again. Not sure whether to get rid or not now that his price has already dropped. Tempted by KDB but better wait for him to get through tonight unscathed...
Salah is only out one gameweek. Might as well keep him unless you want to get rid and not bring him back for a while.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Salah potentially now missing 2 league games and 1 CL game. He's tested positive today again and has to self isolate for 10days after the latest positive test.

Definitely selling him if this turns out to be true. Might sell him if he just misses the one as Liverpool are down to their bare bones and I can't see them smashing anyone right now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Salah is only out one gameweek. Might as well keep him unless you want to get rid and not bring him back for a while.
He's out for a minimum of one gameweek. It isn't clear yet if he'll miss more than that, partly due to uncertainty as to when protocol dictates he can restart training and partly because we don't know how covid will effect his fitness.

Patchbeard

Tempted to swap him for Jota for 2 GWs, but then I would have over 7m rotting in the bank, and it always feels like a waste to have that much money doing nothing :nervous:

Paul_Scholes18

Tempted to swap him for Jota for 2 GWs, but then I would have over 7m rotting in the bank, and it always feels like a waste to have that much money doing nothing :nervous:
Bring in Bruno or Rashford? If we should be trusted for one week it should be vs West Brom or Fulham.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Going to take a -8 to make sure I have enough players to get a decent score. I think it might actually pay off over next two gameweeks.

Salah, Wilson and Greenwood out for Vardy, Jota and Grealish. I can hopefully make up the difference at least.

I have had an awful start to this, but hopefully can get a run together before Christmas

Patchbeard

Bring in Bruno or Rashford? If we should be trusted for one week it should be vs West Brom or Fulham.
Already have Bruno, which is more of our players than I usually have...any Utd fan should know we should never be relied upon in FF :nono:

Paul_Scholes18

Already have Bruno, which is more of our players than I usually have...any Utd fan should know we should never be relied upon in FF :nono:
This summer I just went all out on us and it worked. Mainly since we had most to play for and easiest games.
Sadly no 4.5 Greenwood this season.

This season I wanted Martial, but yeah never got him in for his disaster start. Had we played in week 1 I would have got him in.

Dan_F

Going to take a -8 to make sure I have enough players to get a decent score. I think it might actually pay off over next two gameweeks.

Salah, Wilson and Greenwood out for Vardy, Jota and Grealish. I can hopefully make up the difference at least.

I have had an awful start to this, but hopefully can get a run together before Christmas
I’m doing the same thing. I think a -8 is a small price to pay for re arranging the squad. You could easily get 30 points from captaining Bruno in one gameweek.

I’ve gone from having TAA and Salah to neither in the space of 3 weeks and it feels so good not having to rely on Liverpool doing well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really hope Salah is out for 2 games, as I'll simply switch him to Bruno for free.
Salah being out weakens Liverpool when they're already weakened, so it'd be ideal. As long as he's obviously "alright" in general health after etc etc, as wishing stuff on players isn't nice. But a paperwork/rules thing to miss 2 games will be ideal!#

Hopefully they'll know for certain by Friday night on both his situation, and Chilwell and any other definites ins or outs.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Took a -4 this week.

Early transfer of Son out for Ziyech with the fixtures turning rough for Spurs. Have also since took out Salah for Bruno given the events. Hoping the hit is justified by bringing him and giving him the armband.

Planning on bringing Salah back in a couple of weeks for Zaha and ditching Robertson for Cancelo. Squad should be well set for the Xmas schedule then

Paul_Scholes18

Took a -4 this week.

Early transfer of Son out for Ziyech with the fixtures turning rough for Spurs. Have also since took out Salah for Bruno given the events. Hoping the hit is justified by bringing him and giving him the armband.

Planning on bringing Salah back in a couple of weeks for Zaha and ditching Robertson for Cancelo. Squad should be well set for the Xmas schedule then
Never rule out more injuries though. That is why it might cost to rush things.

So many games to come that managing injuries is as important as picking the players you think will do well.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's out for a minimum of one gameweek. It isn't clear yet if he'll miss more than that, partly due to uncertainty as to when protocol dictates he can restart training and partly because we don't know how covid will effect his fitness.
Yes, if it's two games, then get rid. I will do that if it's confirmed he misses two games.