Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ward Prowse is yet to play this week but I've already sold him for Jota with next week in mind.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why is everyone buying Jota? When Salah is back won't he just be relegated to the bench again? Almost a similar situation to Foden.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not having Bruno has fecked me this week, especially as everyone around me not only has him but also captained him. Bluegh
Same. Or at least the guys I wanted to catch. Not even sure it was a smart move as we were at home, but it’s paid off for them.

Paul_Scholes18

My original transfer plan this week was Son to KDB but now I'm considering Kane to Vardy. What say you?
Vardy first and then KDB for Fulham if he is healthy and looks good.
Then Salah against Fulham in too and maybe Jota if he looks nailed enough.

I would like to keep Bruno, but he has to go to bring these lot in.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't have them all. I want Salah back. I want to keep Bruno. I'm reluctant to sell Son or Kane due to their form. I want a Man City midfielder.

It's literally impossible to have them all. Sometimes you're not going to have all the best players.

Paul_Scholes18

Can't have them all. I want Salah back. I want to keep Bruno. I'm reluctant to sell Son or Kane due to their form. I want a Man City midfielder.

It's literally impossible to have them all. Sometimes you're not going to have all the best players.
Yeah you can have 3 premium players if you also want someone like Grealish and DCL. Salah, Son, Kane, KDB/Sterling, Bruno, Vardy all looking very tempting to own.
I wonder if I can cover things with Torres or Jota? Having Grealish Jota Torres Bruno Son, Vardy DCL would cover all key sides apart from Chelsea.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Vardy first and then KDB for Fulham if he is healthy and looks good.
Then Salah against Fulham in too and maybe Jota if he looks nailed enough.

I would like to keep Bruno, but he has to go to bring these lot in.
Yeah I think my transfers next three weeks are:

Kane to Vardy
Son to KDB
Bruno to Salah

Then I'll be left with:

Martinez
Robertson, Chilwell, Kilman
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Rodriguez
Bamford, DCL, Vardy

I will then look to downgrade Rodriguez to someone cheaper so Vardy can become Kane again.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I think my transfers next three weeks are:

Kane to Vardy
Son to KDB
Bruno to Salah

Then I'll be left with:

Martinez
Robertson, Chilwell, Kilman
Salah, KDB, Graelish, Rodriguez
Bamford, DCL, Vardy

I will then look to downgrade Rodriguez to someone cheaper so Vardy can become Kane again.
I am thinking the same, but might not have enough money for it.
I guess that is me suffering for going with two keepers and not having the 0.5 extra to spend.

Normally I think having an extra keeper gives more flexibility, but this is one of those close moments when even 0.1-0.2 might make a difference.

hubbuh

Same. Or at least the guys I wanted to catch. Not even sure it was a smart move as we were at home, but it’s paid off for them.
Are you gonna get him in or nah? I'm literally 20 points behind now after leading, and Salah is out for another game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Are you gonna get him in or nah? I'm literally 20 points behind now after leading, and Salah is out for another game.
Yeah I’ve been planning on it for a bit but didn’t want to take a hit and had other fires to fight. Wish I had because kdb has been utter shit.

Paul_Scholes18

Zaha out. What a disaster since I am getting Lamptey -1 point from the bench.
Also may need to replace him if it is Corona or something serious.

This is my first really bad luck thing so far so can't complain.
Much worse luck is possible to have.

saivet

When do you have to use the first wildcard by? I've not used mine yet and want to avoid missing out completely.

Schneiderman

Great Zaha out now and nobody left on the bench to replace him. 34 with 1 to play, that one being Kilman who will no doubt get dropped for no apparent reason.

Gazautd18

Zaha out. What a disaster since I am getting Lamptey -1 point from the bench.
Also may need to replace him if it is Corona or something serious.

This is my first really bad luck thing so far so can't complain.
Much worse luck is possible to have.
Same as.
Fuming.... Just rage transferred him out for - 4!!
Was supposed to be my ace in the hole.

Paul_Scholes18

Same as.
I am waiting for news. Ziyech is the guy I want, but he cost so much that he blocks getting De Bruyne and Salah.
Jota punt sounds good, but not sure I trust him to start enough games.
Cheaper guys aren't really producing in midfield much.

Might be mad and go with Maddison/Barnes and Vardy vs Fulham.
Although not sure I want double Leicester long term.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Same as.
Same. Just put Grealish in. That was waste of transfer 2 weeks ago. I was in dilemma,between those two and chose Zaha. Now i payed more for Grealish

Aziz2112

My starting XI right now is:

Martinez
Chilwell/Justin/ KWP or Vestergaard
Bruno/James Rodriguez/ Son/ Grealish
Vardy/Watkins/DCL

The remaining three players are just fodder, cheap so I can spend elsewhere. Any improvements for this team? I have a spare 3.5m in the bank with no free transfers, the moves I probably will do is Jota for James and maybe an improvement on any defenders or something?? thank you for the help

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How long is TAA out for? Is it worth transferring him?

That Bruno penalty retake netted me the 11 points I needed to go top of 2 of the 3 leagues I'm in :D

RedDevil@84

What happened to Zaha? I am effectively playing with what 9 players

Zaha not playing, Mitchell not playing, Salah on bench not playing, Justin on bench has 0 pts
Lamptey in team and has -1 pts

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Coady out, which means I get Robertson’s 12 points as first sub. Got away with one there :lol:

Moral of the story: no matter the logic, do not bench one of the top players.

Dan_F

Saiss not even on the bench. Makes my Son/KDB decision easier, as I need another defender next week with Lamptey out.

Best defenders up to 5.5ish? Don’t want anyone from Chelsea, West Ham or Villa. I was tempted by City due to the fixtures, but probably a bit expensive given their form.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I expect a couple of extra bonus points for Pope.

Skåre Willoch

Saiss not even on the bench. Makes my Son/KDB decision easier, as I need another defender next week with Lamptey out.

Best defenders up to 5.5ish? Don’t want anyone from Chelsea, West Ham or Villa. I was tempted by City due to the fixtures, but probably a bit expensive given their form.
Bellerin?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gotta enjoy players you don't own getting fecked.
One of the absolute beauties of fantasy footy :)

A mate at work had Zaha and was looking forward to a haul tonight. Instead he gets Lamptey's -1 in.
Hilarious!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Coady out, which means I get Robertson’s 12 points as first sub. Got away with one there :lol:

Moral of the story: no matter the logic, do not bench one of the top players.
A Chilwell or someone away at Liverpool or Man City maybe.
But why on earth would you leave a Liverpool basically winger out at home?!

Dan_F

Bellerin?
Was considering him before I got Coufal. My mini league leader bought him last week and I’m about 40 points down, so not sure if it’s too early to be looking for differentials or take the safer route.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thats literally my situation
Unlucky mate. We've all had fantasy bring us down in the past.

My worst one ever was losing my work league with the old Telegraph one in our work league. I'd been cocky as frig all season and ended up losing by 1 point as Fergie bloody subbed his keeper in the FA cup final with 5mins left!

Another year I also lost the league on the last day when Chelsea bloody rested Alex and Lampard on the last day! If I could go back in time I'd have matched my rival about 3 weeks out and change Lampard to Gerrard. As he was smashing 20 pointers each week. I lost a 50 point lead with 2 weeks left and still had about a 22 point lead on the last day.Garhh

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Unlucky mate. We've all had fantasy bring us down in the past.

My worst one ever was losing my work league with the old Telegraph one in our work league. I'd been cocky as frig all season and ended up losing by 1 point as Fergie bloody subbed his keeper in the FA cup final with 5mins left!

Another year I also lost the league on the last day when Chelsea bloody rested Alex and Lampard on the last day! If I could go back in time I'd have matched my rival about 3 weeks out and change Lampard to Gerrard. As he was smashing 20 pointers each week. I lost a 50 point lead with 2 weeks left and still had about a 22 point lead on the last day.Garhh
Not the end of the world. Not as bad as having Watkins on the bench for his 13 haul the week before :(

Gazautd18

One of the absolute beauties of fantasy footy :)

A mate at work had Zaha and was looking forward to a haul tonight. Instead he gets Lamptey's -1 in.
Hilarious!
That you Tom?
Well Saints have just scored so there goes your Wolves defence double up down the drain!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That you Tom?
Well Saints have just scored so there goes your Wolves defence double up down the drain!
Imagine the odds if I did work with you :lol:

I did have Kilman though which is annoying. But at least we'll go above Wolves on goal difference I think now?

Web of Bissaka

Pool's next 3 games is so tasty :drool:

Thinking of transferring in Jota since I'm still not confident Salah will be back, and who knows just maybe the 15 days home isolation will mess his consistent goal scoring momentum if he's back.

Dilemma is who to kick out... Everton's next game is vs Leeds and they are known to have leaky defenses so maybe Hames will finally reward my patience by bringing in high points this time. Grealish is also no since Villa fixture is too good until GW 15. Bruno shall forever stay for sentimental reason, unless injuries/suspensions.

Think I have to temporarily put Ziyech out. Never been a fan of gambling getting pts in big games. Spurs vs Chelsea. Son in and Kane in will have to wait until late Dec.

Nickosaur

Well Jimenez might not have scored but at least he got an assist, and in doing so wiping a lot of Southampton clean sheet points. Should finish the week on 85 points.