Fantasy Premier League 20/21

United58

Lamptey is only out for one game. I'd say Saiss is defintely a priority and maybe Mitchell if you want a playing defender on the bench.

Edit: Forgot about Zaha. Is he gonna be ok for Friday?
You’re team is really close to where I was 2 weeks ago. Lampety feels like a good fourth option, but you’re going to need another defender for next week, otherwise you’ll only have two playing.

Thanks - I'm looking at Saiss and Hamez to Bruno and KWP. Good move? Nervous of getting rid of Hamez :nervous:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Made an early move to get Jota in, so took Bissouma out. Now Zaha covid has really messed my plans. Have about 9m to swap him out but nothing appealing to me at all. Can't afford Son/De Bruyne/Salah without a -8 and already have Grealish/Ziyech/Bruno. Anyone any ideas? Hamez is about all I can see

Neo_Mufc

Maybe, but I do not feel that great about doing Bruno to KDB.
Especially with Brunos form. I think what might be a good indicator of his form is let KDB play Burnley/Fulham/United. If they show that they are up for it then the fixtures after that are ridiculous for City. For myself I would have to do a double transfer and maybe remove Vardy and another midfielder to get KDB in.

Just a thought.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Normally I'm prepared to put up with a bit of Pep rotation because City are so much better than anyone else (bar Liverpool) especially in attack.

That doesn't seem to be the case this season and then you've got players like Son, DCL, Bamford, Grealish, Rodriguez returning more points for significantly less £, talk of tripling up seems a bit mental.

It's partly why I don't mind holding on to Foden a bit longer either.

I'll see how they look against Burnley before I do anything. Getting Salah back for Fulham is more of a priority for me.

Wayne's World

Going to wait another week and get two free transfers to get rid of Kane for De Bruyne. City's fixtures are far too good to ignore and they will surely click at some stage this season and I'd want them in the team for that (Have Sterling already)

Next four - Burnley Fulham and WBA(H) and United (A)

If they don't get going after that then they will be out fairly quick

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Jota and Kane

or

Grealish and Werner

(already have Kane and Grealish would require an extra transfer to make happen)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Anyone tempted to bring in Telles? Just wonder how loyal Ole will be to Shaw once he returns given how he was actually playing decently well when he got injured.

Web of Bissaka

Salah or Jota
Salah or Jo-
Salah or..
Salah.

Think he's better on the long run despite the far expensive cost compare to Jota's high form and cheaper price. Main penalty taker, always play, good fitness and a proven consistent goal scorer. Klopp had to rely on him to win the league. There is more chances for Jota to spend time on the bench than him, with Firmino back to front to accommodate Salah better.

The only bad thing is the chance he's absent for this GW game, but then that's just one game and very unlikely. There's also a small chance he doesn't recover but that's also very rare among healthy sports professionals unless he's still in contact with other positives within his home(?, no idea how this works). Mane and Telles recovered immediately after the 14/15 days isolation, as does other footballers.

Decided to go with Salah instead of Jota this Friday.

Web of Bissaka

Anyone tempted to bring in Telles? Just wonder how loyal Ole will be to Shaw once he returns given how he was actually playing decently well when he got injured.
Me, but not yet.
I mean, who is he going to feed other than Bruno that we can reliably count on to get goals and him assists thus points?
He's also not going to take direct free kicks with both Bruno and Rashford sniffing it.

There's also the possibility of McT injured for longer so our defense is under threat again. We're basically pushing Fred to the limit fitness wise in this upcoming heavy fixtures alongside the two CL games. So there goes the reliance of getting Clean sheet points for Telles.

I'm not worried he'll lose his place to Shaw by choice. I trust Ole won't be that gullible.

Paul_Scholes18

KDB
Salah
Fernandes

I can only have two of these guys... Please help?
I will have to do with no Salah and I may not be able to bring him in if he goes up in value too much.

Zaha injury means I will probably stick with Son and Bruno for this week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
In the same boat. I have Bruno and Bruyne right now and not in the mood of trading either for Salah. I can trade Ziyech and Kane for Salah and Vardy though. Not sure.
I will have to do with no Salah and I may not be able to bring him in if he goes up in value too much.

Zaha injury means I will probably stick with Son and Bruno for this week.
I just can't imagine leaving Salah out.

He's the most consistent player in Fantasy League, a greedy little bastard who also take penalties in one of the best (if not the best) team in the league. For me, the choice is between Bruno (who seems to keep getting points) vs KDB (who is in bad form but with great fixtures coming up).

I may leave it this week (currently have Bruno) and see what's up. If City turn up against Fulham, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

1nil

I got Jota but it will backfire. I didn’t think salah would recover this quickly. They should allow more transfers this year in my opinion

Paul_Scholes18

So Jota not starting in CL. How should we analyse that.
Did he get a rest for the league or is he going to be dropped.

Strange that Salah and Mane didn't get the rest. May he rest Mane this weekend maybe or Salah too?

Neo_Mufc

Cavani might be worth a punt as 3rd striker soon enough.
8.0m is a rather large amount of money to spend on a punt.Greenwood last year at 4.5 was an excellent punt. I don't think this is.

I'm going to say no. I don't trust Man Utd as reliable defensive pick. If you want United players focus on the attack.

Salah or Jota
Salah or Jo-
Salah or..
Salah.

Think he's better on the long run despite the far expensive cost compare to Jota's high form and cheaper price. Main penalty taker, always play, good fitness and a proven consistent goal scorer. Klopp had to rely on him to win the league. There is more chances for Jota to spend time on the bench than him, with Firmino back to front to accommodate Salah better.

The only bad thing is the chance he's absent for this GW game, but then that's just one game and very unlikely. There's also a small chance he doesn't recover but that's also very rare among healthy sports professionals unless he's still in contact with other positives within his home(?, no idea how this works). Mane and Telles recovered immediately after the 14/15 days isolation, as does other footballers.

Decided to go with Salah instead of Jota this Friday.
Salah 1 bazillion % Jota is a super sub. When he stops scoring which he eventually will those shiny points will turn into big fat 1s.

KDB
Salah
Fernandes

I can only have two of these guys... Please help?
Salah & Fernandes on the basis that these 2 are producing the most points but when KDB starts to hit big that will be the time to bring him in. You can afford to not have him for 1 week.

jota for James ? Yes/ no?
I don't like it on the basis that Jota sits on the bench too much.

Mid 5 of Salah, De Bruyne, Bruno, Ziyech and Grealish if I downgrade Kane to Che Adams. Thoughts?
If you already have Kane is there much point in dropping him? I assume you have value wrapped up in him. How much would you lose? Also think about how much you would have to spend to bring him back in.

Neo_Mufc

Why do the FPL gods hate me? Wilson was out last week I had no one to come on for him. Annoying because if I knew that I would have taken a hit as it would have only cost me -2 on the basis that the bare minimum from the new guy was 2 points.

He hasn't trained today. I really don't think I can keep him out for a 2nd week.

Paul_Scholes18

Why do the FPL gods hate me? Wilson was out last week I had no one to come on for him. Annoying because if I knew that I would have taken a hit as it would have only cost me -2 on the basis that the bare minimum from the new guy was 2 points.

He hasn't trained today. I really don't think I can keep him out for a 2nd week.
Well I had Zaha and got -1 instead from the bench:).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So to get Salah back it would cost me 4 points and either Son out or Rodriguez (if Salah drops 0.1).

Worth it or hold out until after the Wolves game?

K Stand Knut

Tempted but probably not much more than that. He’ll 100% get game time whilst Shaw is out and I think Shaw’s first game back might be city at home where I suspect he’ll slot in as a LCB and Telles will keep his spot.

However, I think there are better options who offer defensive and offensive points. I’ve not been convinced that Telles is going to smash loads of assists in his appearances so far

Paul_Scholes18

So to get Salah back it would cost me 4 points and either Son out or Rodriguez (if Salah drops 0.1).

Worth it or hold out until after the Wolves game?
I would worry a bit over how much Salah will play now when just back.
Do they want him vs Ajax in the CL? The group look worse for them now.

Just remember that 59 minute sub in the CL against Ajax being only 1 goal up too.
I do not feel like captain him vs Brighton and probably not Wolves too.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I would worry a bit over how much Salah will play now when just back.
Do they want him vs Ajax in the CL? The group look worse for them now.

Just remember that 59 minute sub in the CL against Ajax being only 1 goal up too.
I do not feel like captain him vs Brighton and probably not Wolves too.
I may just leave him out until Fulham. That gave against Brighton will be nerve wrecking for me though!

Paul_Scholes18

I may just leave him out until Fulham. That gave against Brighton will be nerve wrecking for me though!
Yeah for sure. Salah can always haul! I don't think Brighton are that bad though.

I want KDB too, but a hit to remove Bruno or Son do not feel right.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
James is becoming too costly. He always have a blip with this being the first season. Digne , DCL and Rich is the ones to pick from Everton

Might downgrade and go for Jota and Digne

Fabian Keller

Pro tip: Bring Aguero in for Kane this weekend. Cap him vs Burnley and Fulham. Watch your rank rise. Then transfer him out. It's the same situation as last year when he bagged 5 goals in a week vs easy opposition.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pro tip: Bring Aguero in for Kane this weekend. Cap him vs Burnley and Fulham. Watch your rank rise. Then transfer him out. It's the same situation as last year when he bagged 5 goals in a week vs easy opposition.
If Aguero was definitely starting him, I would likely be bringing him in. What are the odds of him starting those two league matches though? I'd make it less than 40%.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
If Aguero was definitely starting him, I would likely be bringing him in. What are the odds of him starting those two league matches though? I'd make it less than 40%.
Don't try to guess fraudiola. I remember once he rested Aguero and played Jesus in the Champions League so everyone flocked to get him that week as they were playing a shit team in the PL. So what does he do? He starts Jesus and Aguero comes off the bench for the last 10 minutes :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The other thing with Aguero is that he's Maradona's son-in-law of course, so don't be surprised if he isn't available this weekend at least.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The other thing with Aguero is that he's Maradona's son-in-law of course, so don't be surprised if he isn't available this weekend at least.
He's no longer his son in law and they had a falling out over it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If you had to pick between KDB and Bruno who would you chose?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
If you had to pick between KDB and Bruno who would you chose?
I have this issue too. KDB has the better fixtures but Bruno has the better form.

I may leave it this week (currently have Bruno) and see what City turns up against Burnley. Bruno has a good record away from home so replacing him is a risk.