Fantasy Premier League 20/21

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just looking at this for the first time - surprised at the high ownership for Werner, wouldn't have considered him as he's new to the league but now getting FOMO
He's a far better option than Kane or Augero given he's £1m cheaper and coming off the back of a ridiculous season in terms of goals. I think him, Auba and Salah are must haves.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He's a far better option than Kane or Augero given he's £1m cheaper and coming off the back of a ridiculous season in terms of goals. I think him, Auba and Salah are must haves.
Kane is priced pretty well, I think. Auba will outscore him no doubt but I'm struggling to get two premium mids in my team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Kane is priced pretty well, I think. Auba will outscore him no doubt but I'm struggling to get two premium mids in my team.
It's a tricky one with Kane. He would have been nailed on but the introduction of Werner and Havertz represents value for me.

I need some help on my team :lol: here's how it looks:

McCarthy

TAA
Saliba
Vinagre
Mitchell

Salah
Aubameyang
Havertz

Werner
Mitrovic
Ings

(with cheap players on the bench) + 1m in the bank.

^ Happy to receive feedback. Can't decide on Palace's Mitchel vs Ferguson (the latter is nailed on when fit but he's injured at the moment I think).
I also want to bring Bruno into the fold but I don't know who I want to sacrifice for that.

Withnail

United/City not starting til GW2 is a pain in the hole, so far I've got:

Ryan/Mc Carthy

Tierney Dunk Egan TAA (Branthwaite)

Auba Salah St Maximin Saka (Greenwood)

Mitrovic Vardy (Connolly)

I'll probably leave Auba in for the first two GW's and look to swap him out then, depending how things are looking.

What do yis think?

Paul_Scholes18

United/City not starting til GW2 is a pain in the hole, so far I've got:

Ryan/Mc Carthy

Tierney Dunk Egan TAA (Branthwaite)

Auba Salah St Maximin Saka (Greenwood)

Mitrovic Vardy (Connolly)

I'll probably leave Auba in for the first two GW's and look to swap him out then, depending how things are looking.

What do yis think?
Not sure about Vardy. Pretty expensive defense. Not sure Dunk is worth it even with his attacking threat.
Saka might not start too.

Withnail

Not sure about Vardy. Pretty expensive defense. Not sure Dunk is worth it even with his attacking threat.
Saka might not start too.
Thanks man, I don't think you can scrimp too much on defence though it isn't the finished article by any means.

I was torn between Vardy and Ings but either one will be going to be out for Martial in GW2.

It was either Saka or someone like Rice or maybe a punt on Cairney. I'm not fully decided on that one.

Paul_Scholes18

Thanks man, I don't think you can scrimp too much on defence though it isn't the finished article by any means.

I was torn between Vardy and Ings but either one will be going to be out for Martial in GW2.

It was either Saka or someone like Rice or maybe a punt on Cairney. I'm not fully decided on that one.
The fixtures are alright for Leicester, but the service might not be the best with many injuries and no Chilwell.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Do we need a playing bench ? I have two 4.0 defenders who probably won't start (Mitchell, Johnson) and Davis from Villa as my 4.5m striker

Maureen-yo

It's a tricky one with Kane. He would have been nailed on but the introduction of Werner and Havertz represents value for me.

I need some help on my team :lol: here's how it looks:

McCarthy

TAA
Saliba
Vinagre
Mitchell

Salah
Aubameyang
Havertz

Werner
Mitrovic
Ings

(with cheap players on the bench) + 1m in the bank.

^ Happy to receive feedback. Can't decide on Palace's Mitchel vs Ferguson (the latter is nailed on when fit but he's injured at the moment I think).
I also want to bring Bruno into the fold but I don't know who I want to sacrifice for that.
I think Kane with the added delivery from Doherty at FB will have a high scoring season, disregarding the England performance due to match fitness/first game rustiness etc

saivet

My issue with the Chelsea players is I fear rotation and I'm unsure of the first choice line up and where they will play.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Kane with the added delivery from Doherty at FB will have a high scoring season, disregarding the England performance due to match fitness/first game rustiness etc
Think hel come at a cost of losing some brilliant value midfielders. I expect Havertz to take up a false 9 role. For me I have to keep Havertz, aubameyang, Salah and Werner.

Difficult to work kane into that mix. Bruno I guess can come in as a transfer for Auba/Salah on some game weeks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do we need a playing bench ? I have two 4.0 defenders who probably won't start (Mitchell, Johnson) and Davis from Villa as my 4.5m striker
Ferguson is meant to be the key starter but he's injured. I think Mitchell starts for now because Van Arnholt (bad spelling!) is still injured?

Paul_Scholes18

I like having them for rotation options and also in case something happens. Often many bench players normally give you only 2 points so 0 is not a big loss.
Still if you are lucky they can bring in some big points.

Maureen-yo

My issue with the Chelsea players is I fear rotation and I'm unsure of the first choice line up and where they will play.
agreed, having the same thoughts, will Mount be rewarded and start maybe? Can’t see him starting anyone but Werner up top though.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Getting closer now and still no league code! Any help lads?

Eplel

It's not that I don't have faith in Kane himself, but any attacker in a Mourinho team seems overpriced.

Neo_Mufc

So I have been looking recently, Wolves have a new striker Fabio Silva who broke the club record signing. I won't be bringing him in but someone to keep an eye on.

One player who I am maybe thinking of punting on is Calum Wilson now he is at Newcastle do people think he might replace Joelinton and actually score some goals.

Paul_Scholes18

So I have been looking recently, Wolves have a new striker Fabio Silva who broke the club record signing. I won't be bringing him in but someone to keep an eye on.

One player who I am maybe thinking of punting on is Calum Wilson now he is at Newcastle do people think he might replace Joelinton and actually score some goals.
Yeah he could be a good option. Got Saint Maximin and hope he can gain some assists as well as goals.

Paul_Scholes18

He's not in the team at the moment but if hes 6.5 or below I'll punt maybe.
I never trust in Newcastle very much. Can be dull games when they play.
I think I rather really invest in Southampton from a team with cheaper options.

Steev

I'm hoping to have a playing bench this season. Not just because of the hectic fixture schedule, but also in case a player is diagnosed with covid and cant play for a couple of weeks. It's also possible some games may be postponed for the same reason.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Anyone interested in drafting players like we do for NFL and NBA? The prices or amounts don’t matter. You just try and pick your best team. We need 4,6 or 8 to start a league. I’m guessing 8 would be pretty balanced with the teams not being overly stacked.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Anyone interested in drafting players like we do for NFL and NBA? The prices or amounts don’t matter. You just try and pick your best team. We need 4,6 or 8 to start a league. I’m guessing 8 would be pretty balanced with the teams not being overly stacked.
How would the drafting work and I presume you would have to keep your team together all season? And keep track of your spend as you draft?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How would the drafting work and I presume you would have to keep your team together all season? And keep track of your spend as you draft?
Well no you can drop and add players as you like. You can trade with others (at least in NFL and NBA you can). You don’t have to worry about spending cause there is no money. It’s just picks. For example if there are 8 picks then we go through pick 1-8, then round 2 is backwards from 8-1 and so on. It’s a snake draft.

Deery

Dreary
Is there a Redcafe League this year if so where is the code?

Neo_Mufc

@Varun @Damien Thanks

@Maluco

I run a FPL money league each year with friends which we openly invite to everyone else to enter. It's £10 entrance and all money goes back to the winners.

I believe last year we got 26 people and the split was 1st @£200 and 2nd @£60. If we get more people we will open up a 3rd slot.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM and I will gladly answer any questions etc.

Thanks

RashyForPM

Alright, I think I’ve finally settled on this team, and I also think it’s the best I’ll have started the season with ever since I began playing FPL :nervous:

McCarthy
Van Dijk Robertson Vinagre
ASM Pereira Son Auba
Werner Ings Kane

Bench: Complete, total, cannon, fodder

My policy this season is to go hard upfront with at least 2, if not 3 top strikers like now and Auba, as they are the lads who score the majority of their team’s goals.

Any suggestions? Jimenez over Ings maybe? Mitrovic over Ings and then some restructuring? Thanks in advance lads.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What you can have with 4.0 defenders on the bench

Martinez
TAA Doherty Tierney
Auba Salah Son ASM Soucek
Adams Werner

1m in bank. Enough to do Salah > KDB & Son > Bruno.