Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why the hell are Salah and Mane still in midfield?
Because they are essentially still wide forwards, and wide forwards have historically gone down as midfielders.

Just like Sterling is, Hazard, Ronaldo were etc

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First thoughts are Doc at 6m looks decent value - with only 3 defenders priced over that this year. If Jonny is out, his understudy at 4.5m looks even better.

Looks like a year to cram the midfield with 3 big hitters, with Pulisic maybe as 4th?

Meaning a cheapish front 3, maybe Martial top price, and then 2 facilitators, Antonio 6.5m could work as one.

diarm

The structure of the game was built around 442. They've never managed to redesign it to cater to the growth of 433 or newer formations and it's the reason wide forwards are so valuable and defensive mids are pants.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
First draft:

Pope
TAA, Saiss, Dallas
Pulisic, Bruno, Salah, KDB
Maupay, Bamford, Wood

Subs: all the cheapest bargain bin fodder.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They've put all wide players in midfield now, including Auba and Rashford. At least there's some consistency now but it kinda feels wrong. The game might be more fun if they were forwards.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First draft:

Pope
TAA, Saiss, Dallas
Pulisic, Bruno, Salah, KDB
Maupay, Bamford, Wood

Subs: all the cheapest bargain bin fodder.
You know yourself that has a superb midfield, and absolutely dreadful attack. No bench at all leaves you a bit squeaky too.

Paul_Scholes18

You guys think Antonio can keep it up? 6.5 looks decent as a third striker. Although I fear he might play on the wing if they buy another striker.
Also fear we might be burned out. So not sure loadiing up on us works. Although it is more fun.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You think Bruno going to beat Martial even having dropped in form recently?
Martial not being a midfielder risks seeing him lose a lot of points.

I think a lot of us are forgetting Rashford scored 17 in the league this year. Now he's a midfielder, his appeal surely rockets.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You know yourself that has a superb midfield, and absolutely dreadful attack. No bench at all leaves you a bit squeaky too.
Haha I know. Likely I'll change this a million times

You think Bruno going to beat Martial even having dropped in form recently?
Martial points potential will drop now he's a striker. Bruno will still take pens, which is wortg the extra 1.5 on its own.

Paul_Scholes18

Martial not being a midfielder risks seeing him lose a lot of points.

I think a lot of us are forgetting Rashford scored 17 in the league this year. Now he's a midfielder, his appeal surely rockets.
He scored lots of penalties though and didn't end the season that well. I think Greenwood can match him without pens.
We had like 14 penalties last year I think. For us who takes the penalties is a big deal, but I think it will go down this year.

GledTheRed

Here's how i do.

Pope
TAA, Laporte, Vinagre
Pulisic, Bruno, Ziyech, KDB,ASM
Martial, Mitrovic,

Subs: Ayling, Brewster, Ferguson

diarm

Martinez
Trent KWP Dallas
Saint-Maximin Bruno De Bruyne Aubameyang
Wood Martial Antonio

McCarthy, Ayling, Ferguson, Romeu

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This game always allows player prices to shoot up (catering for form/output) but the resultant decrease/drop is never equal. Last season was fairly good because you could afford quite a decent team. But this season will be harder by the looks of those prices.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This game always allows player prices to shoot up (catering for form/output) but the resultant decrease/drop is never equal. Last season was fairly good because you could afford quite a decent team. But this season will be harder by the looks of those prices.
We think this every season in fairness.

And every season we think a template won't emerge, but it will. In time.

Anyone not going with Salah or Mane is brave. Salah's goal have dramatically reduced year on year, but he's still smashed 200+ points this year!

Paul_Scholes18

We think this every season in fairness.

And every season we think a template won't emerge, but it will. In time.

Anyone not going with Salah or Mane is brave. Salah's goal have dramatically reduced year on year, but he's still smashed 200+ points this year!
He will be fully on pens now too. Milner is not going to play as much I think. A fresh Salah to start the season feels very deadly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He will be fully on pens now too. Milner is not going to play as much I think. A fresh Salah to start the season feels very deadly.
Manchester clubs not playing in week 1 is awkward, but i'd still be inclined to work around a De Bruyne, Salah and Bruno combo in midfield.
That would probably rule out any Pulisic style options in fairness. A couple of cheaper rotational like the West Ham 5m man.

TAA is very hard to leave out, which means to have him and the 3 premiums you're probably working off a 9m or so man being your top end and needing the other 2 a fair bit cheaper

Paul_Scholes18

Manchester clubs not playing in week 1 is awkward, but i'd still be inclined to work around a De Bruyne, Salah and Bruno combo in midfield.
That would probably rule out any Pulisic style options in fairness. A couple of cheaper rotational like the West Ham 5m man.

TAA is very hard to leave out, which means to have him and the 3 premiums you're probably working off a 9m or so man being your top end and needing the other 2 a fair bit cheaper
Ooh didn't know that. So need to build a side without City and United then and then bring in players as we go. No Wolves either then too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ooh didn't know that. So need to build a side without City and United then and then bring in players as we go. No Wolves either then too.
It's not been 100% declared yet, but I'm sure there was talk of a minimum rest period after the last game - which will be at least 1 week after Sep 12th.

Probably a case of either carrying 1 player on the bench, or having a place holder like Mane or Auba to cover for one.

Paul_Scholes18

It's not been 100% declared yet, but I'm sure there was talk of a minimum rest period after the last game - which will be at least 1 week after Sep 12th.

Probably a case of either carrying 1 player on the bench, or having a place holder like Mane or Auba to cover for one.
Need to look for fixtures too. If Arsenal or Spurs got a good run then Auba or Kane might make total sense. Werner for Martial too and see how it goes.
Also the opponents will not play either so if it is a big club things will be tricky.

Mcking

He scored lots of penalties though and didn't end the season that well. I think Greenwood can match him without pens.
We had like 14 penalties last year I think. For us who takes the penalties is a big deal, but I think it will go down this year.
If we sign Sancho, I could see some rotation between him, Greenwood and Rashford. So fingers crossed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure why people are expecting us to have less penalties next season.
Only because it's been such a sky high record breaking total!

We'll still get a fair few due to the way we have pacy tricky players in the box a lot.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Only because it's been such a sky high record breaking total!

We'll still get a fair few due to the way we have pacy tricky players in the box a lot.
Yeah I don’t see any reason it’ll slow down if we crack on. We still have those players. Only way it does is if we don’t play well for long stints, which is entirely possible.

starman

Theres very budget options for the squad that will be sure to play.
All the 4m goalkeepers seem like bench players.
Same for defenders, there are a couple of 4.5m midfielders that will be starters. For strikers you need to go upto 5.5m to find a few that will definitely be starters. Not having cheap players to fall back on makes it even harder fitting in some of the top players

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Theres very budget options for the squad that will be sure to play.
All the 4m goalkeepers seem like bench players.
Same for defenders, there are a couple of 4.5m midfielders that will be starters. For strikers you need to go upto 5.5m to find a few that will definitely be starters. Not having cheap players to fall back on makes it even harder fitting in some of the top players
It always starts like this.

Just have to analyse those promoted teams lineups, friendly teams and injuries. Plus looking for those out of position gems.
That's how us legends got on Lundstram from game week 1 last year :)

But always expect to need your wildcard 4-5 weeks in, to make sure you hoover up all those quick risers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to look for fixtures too. If Arsenal or Spurs got a good run then Auba or Kane might make total sense. Werner for Martial too and see how it goes.
Also the opponents will not play either so if it is a big club things will be tricky.
Yep those fixtures are key.

I don't like the idea of already having fixtures planned out, like say bringing City/United in for week 2 as planned, as it takes away your scope to bring in those inevitable first week hits.
There's always one or two players who start like a house on fire you need early, or they'll go up by 0.5m

starman

It always starts like this.

Just have to analyse those promoted teams lineups, friendly teams and injuries. Plus looking for those out of position gems.
That's how us legends got on Lundstram from game week 1 last year :)

But always expect to need your wildcard 4-5 weeks in, to make sure you hoover up all those quick risers.
Last season there was definitely a bigger pool of players at the lowest value, especially for promoted teams. Leeds are the only teams that have a generous amount of players at the lowest prices, maybe more will be added as I can see some players are still missing.
Also, Iirc Lundstram was 4.5m not at the lowest end for a defender

Paul_Scholes18

Yep those fixtures are key.

I don't like the idea of already having fixtures planned out, like say bringing City/United in for week 2 as planned, as it takes away your scope to bring in those inevitable first week hits.
There's always one or two players who start like a house on fire you need early, or they'll go up by 0.5m
Yeah we will see about cheap players. Kean, Adams if they start could be some guys to look at. Davies at 4.5 could start for Villa as he did in some games near the end. Although Wesley should be back.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Last season there was definitely a bigger pool of players at the lowest value, especially for promoted teams. Leeds are the only teams that have a generous amount of players at the lowest prices, maybe more will be added as I can see some players are still missing.
Also, Iirc Lundstram was 4.5m not at the lowest end for a defender
You remember incorrectly. Lundstram was most definitely 4m. I didn't need to check, but did anyway, and here you go
https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co...ams-chances-of-starting-for-sheffield-united/

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Point still stands there being a bigger pool of players at the cheapest value last season that were likely starters
Give it a few weeks - it'll probably all open up.

There's only 3 defenders above 6m this season. There might be more value in that tier.

The biggest issue seems to be how to deal with Mane/Salah/De Bruyne/Sterling/Auba/Bruno

Any of the 6 can haul at any moment, and fitting 3 in will be a stretch, let alone 4.
At least last year De Bruyne and for half a season here Bruno were a good deal cheaper.