Fantasy Premier League 20/21

saivet

With the fixtures confirmed I'm not going to bench boost anymore.

My team is set with:

Martinez,
Justin, Stones, Coufal
Salah, Son, Bruno (c), Soucek
Antonio, Bamford, Kane​

Subs: Meslier, Dallas, Walcott, KWP

I still have 8 with a DGW, so happy enough with my team.

Skåre Willoch

Assuming they put that Villa v Newcastle game into 19 (surely they will) I'm bench boosting this

Martinez (City/Newcastle)
Areola (Chelsea/United)
Dias (Palace/Villa)
Cancelo (Palace/Villa)
Wan Bissaka (Liverpool/Fulham)
Cresswell (Burnley/West Brom)
Mee (West Ham/Liverpool)
KDB (Palace/Villa)
Bruno (Liverpool/Fulham)
Rashford (Liverpool/Fulham)
Soucek (Burnley/West Brom)
Son (Sheffield United)
Bamford (Brighton)
Watkins (City/Newcastle)
Antonio (Burnley/West Brom)
Wow! Well done, mate.

How did you manage that with all the fixture changes?! Is this with hits or anything going into the gameweek?

Leonzo1

Soucek or Bamford? Soucek has some tasty fixtures but I have a feeling Bamford is going to cause havoc against Brighton. Am I mad for considering benching Son and playing both of them? Son needs space to operate and Sheffield will play a very low block.

saivet

Just realized that Grealish is a booking away from suspension, meaning he would miss the relatively easy Newcastle game if he is booked against Man City. Same with Bruno who would miss the Fulham game if he is booked against Liverpool.

Not having KDB could hurt this week.
Interesting, I might captain Salah in that case.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Wow! Well done, mate.

How did you manage that with all the fixture changes?! Is this with hits or anything going into the gameweek?
Cheers. I wildcarded this week to get 11 players out and a decent looking BB team. Just need to take one hit to turn Lacazette and McGoldrick into Antonio and Watkins.

I mean it looks good on paper but we know how these things inevitably fall flat on their arse.

Mcking

Soucek or Bamford? Soucek has some tasty fixtures but I have a feeling Bamford is going to cause havoc against Brighton. Am I mad for considering benching Son and playing both of them? Son needs space to operate and Sheffield will play a very low block.
Hahaha. I wouldn't want to be in your position. I'd probably bench Bamford.

West Brom and Burnley are going to defend in the box giving West Ham chances to get crosses in, and for Soucek to attack. His double is key as well because he could easily get to six points even with two blanks.

Last edited:

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Looks like I'll be going out of the cup. I have Leno, Tierney and Lacazette tonight. Opponent has a 7 point lead with Tierney and Saka playing. Need Lacazette to come good tonight. It's my fault really he captained Kane (8 - 16pts) and I captained Son (2 - 4pts). I got 6 from Maguire for the clean sheet... if only his goal had counted it would be a lot tighter.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Forster, Dallas, Ayling and Adams

To bench boost or not to bench boost?

To bench boost because I had been planning for weeks and using it up will allow me to focus more money into the first 11 going forwards.

To not bench boost because Southampton and Leeds have lost their DGW. But then I'll have more money than I wanted tied into my bench.

Mcking

Interesting, I might captain Salah in that case.

Was locked on Bruno for TC, but no way I'm going with him now. Salah's fixtures don't look too promising even though they are both at home, and Liverpool's form hasn't been good. Not sure I want to triple captain a Liverpool player in a top of the table clash against my team as well.

Leaning towards Vardy for now. If not him, then I will captain Cresswell. Sink or swim.

Mcking

To bench boost because I had been planning for weeks and using it up will allow me to focus more money into the first 11 going forwards.

To not bench boost because Southampton and Leeds have lost their DGW. But then I'll have more money than I wanted tied into my bench.
If you still have your second wildcard, then I don't think you should.

saivet

Was locked on Bruno for TC, but no way I'm going with him now. Salah's fixtures don't look too promising even though they are both at home, and Liverpool's form hasn't been good. Not sure I want to triple captain a Liverpool player in a top of the table clash against my team as well.

Leaning towards Vardy for now. If not him, then I will captain Cresswell. Sink or swim.
Yeah problem for me is while many have good fixtures, captaining Martinez, Justin, Stones, Coufal or Soucek isn't really an option for me. I have thought about giving it to Antonio but I'd probably instantly regret it.

Neo_Mufc

I wouldn't. Those 4 players aren't worth it.

Martia11

My current team is:

Leno
Stones, Dallas, Justin
Son, De Bruyne (C), Bruno, El Ghazi, Soucek
Kane, Bamford
Substitutes: Nyland, Bednarek, Mitchell, DCL

I am wondering if I should take a -8 hit and do Nyland to Martinez, Mitchell to Coufal and DCL to Antonio/Watkins and use BB. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
My team for GW19 (after taking a hit) will be:

Martinez
Chilwell, Robertson, Coufal
KDB, Fernandes, Salah, Grealish
Bamford, Adams, Antonio

Subs: Forster, Ayling, Dallas, Bissouma

So 9 of my 11 have double game.

Is it worth taking a further hit to swap Bissouma to Soucek and have 10 of my 11 have DGW? (I'll bench Adams)

Nickosaur

My team for GW19 (after taking a hit) will be:

Martinez
Chilwell, Robertson, Coufal
KDB, Fernandes, Salah, Grealish
Bamford, Adams, Antonio

Subs: Forster, Ayling, Dallas, Bissouma

So 9 of my 11 have double game.

Is it worth taking a further hit to swap Bissouma to Soucek and have 10 of my 11 have DGW? (I'll bench Adams)
I like Soucek/West Ham's fixtures. I would personally take that hit.

Paul_Scholes18

As a Wilson/Martinez owner I feel like I finally got some Covid luck.
I can also add Watkins for Kane and bench boost now.

Paul_Scholes18

Is that part of another move because I wouldn't be so sure he outscores Kane even if he does play twice (and he could have covid for all we know)?
Yeah in order to go Son to Salah. I am happy to have Watkins long term as well.

Wilson will go after the double I think. Salah may stay, but logically I could sell him too or not even get him.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Wilson will go after the double I think. Salah may stay, but logically I could sell him too or not even get him.
Enjoy typing "how the feck have Villa scored three and Watkins gets two points" every week :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Fair enough.

Worth remembering that Villa have more games in hand as well so will inevitably have another 1/2 dgw's.

Mcking

Wilson will play Arsenal and Villa. Two certain blanks.

Paul_Scholes18

Fair enough.

Worth remembering that Villa have more games in hand as well so will inevitably have another 1/2 dgw's.
Yeah that is why I wanted to keep Martinez even with the risk of games being moved.
Turns out to be worth it even for this double and way better than Mccarthy who got his game moved.

ROFLUTION

Triple captain de bruyne anyone??
Not completely convinced by his form. Doesn't score on clear cut chances this season, and looks more balanced in the assistors role to be honest.

He is handed the role up front however, which gives him a lot of freedom to roam and do what he desires.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Disappointed that Leeds no longer have double gameweek. Brought in Raphinia and Dallas over the last month or so in preparation for this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Enjoy typing "how the feck have Villa scored three and Watkins gets two points" every week :lol:
Yep. That is the Watkins experience.
He's found every way to disappoint this season.
But when he does onion bag it's incredible scenes.

luke511

Double gameweek for Salah v Bruno v KDB. Is anyone not using their triple captain this week? Those who are, who are you going for?