Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Mcking

Coufal or cresswell?

I have vardy and Wilson upfront. Better to sack one of coufal or cresswell off and replace Wilson with Antonio?

captain KDB or Fernandes?
I'd play both Cresswell and Coufal over Wilson.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good differential if he does start, but a bit risky.
Watkins isn’t that appealing either, for all we know he might be riddled with COVID. My BB has gone tits up with Southampton v Leeds game being postponed and ings illness.
I'm not expecting anything other than 2 points for Watkins Vs City tbh. He's in for the Newcastle game which is over a week away so fingers crossed he's ok.

Heardy

I'd play both Cresswell and Coufal over Wilson.
got cancelo stones and chilwell at the back maybe play back 5. Could drop Wilson for a cheaper option and upgrade elsewhere?

got rachford bruno KDB and soucek in midfield.
It’s a free hit week.

kane against Sheffield United better than vardy two games?

Mcking

got cancelo stones and chilwell at the back maybe play back 5. Could drop Wilson for a cheaper option and upgrade elsewhere?

got rachford bruno KDB and soucek in midfield.
It’s a free hit week.

kane against Sheffield United better than vardy two games?
If there's any week to play a back 5, then this is it IMO. Wilson's games just looks a bit too good for Newcastle. You never know though, he might get to take a penalty or two, but if I'm in the same position, I'm definitely going with double West Ham defence over him.

For Kane and Vardy, two games is always better than one considering the quality of both strikers, and Vardy is fixture proof.

Your team looks pretty good all round. So not sure who you are going to upgrade there apart from Soucek, and not sure who you'd go for over him if you remove Wilson. Maybe Antonio as he is on penalties, or a Chelsea attacker. Deadline is just 8 minutes away, so gotta make a decision now.

Caritas

Guys help me, i cant play triple captain and bench boost if i used my wildcard now ?

Nickosaur

And breathe.

I have finally made peace with my decisions for this gameweek. No chips being used. Happy with the team im putting out (9/11 with doubles). Salah captain.

Can't wait for it all to go to shit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
TC active. KDB having two home games too good to turn down. The fact he's got a rest in the FA cup next weekend was the confirmation I needed.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
TC active. KDB having two home games too good to turn down. The fact he's got a rest in the FA cup next weekend was the confirmation I needed.
Was hovering it over 10 minutes before the deadline but decided against it. Not sure it was the right decision and definitely in two minds!

On the one hand he should have had double his points tally in recent weeks and has looked so, so dangerous. But then on the other his finishing has been really poor and didn’t want to risk that frustration if I’d triple captained him. Settled for normal captaincy but could see him hauling for sure.

Mcking

Team locked now. Worried about not owning KDB or a City defender, but hope Foden can do one or two.

Couldn't get to a Bench Boost, so I've activated the Triple Captain chip, and I have given the armband to Aaron Cresswell.:nervous:

Just couldn't trust myself to pick the right premium considering how much they've let me down lately. I'm going to come back to laugh at myself when he concedes in both games and scores an own goal in one. Good luck everyone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Appearances alone should cancel the Hits I think.
He's talking a 16 point hit to bring 4 players in. If those 4 players all play twice, that does get you your 16 back, but probably 3 of the players he'd take out would have got 2 pointers each anyway. So you're losing those say 6 points. So you then need a couple of assists / goal & bonus just to make it back up there.
And those 16 points in effect come out of the total the player achieves for you. So someone getting an assist scores 5 but in effect it's 3 etc.

And that's before you consider Son & Kane might haul anyway.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Team locked now. Worried about not owning KDB or a City defender, but hope Foden can do one or two.

Couldn't get to a Bench Boost, so I've activated the Triple Captain chip, and I have given the armband to Aaron Cresswell.:nervous:

Just couldn't trust myself to pick the right premium considering how much they've let me down lately. I'm going to come back to laugh at myself when he concedes in both games and scores an own goal in one. Good luck everyone.
Am i reading this right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s unbelievably the current West Ham team’s top scorer now that Haller is gone, but I’d personally not want to bank on a DM scoring at least one goal. I’d suggest Vardy as he has two games at home against teams Leicester will counter in Saints and Chelsea. That’s the logic behind me captaining him anyway.

Gonna put KdB in over Salah now to triple up on City considering the ease of their next 5 fixtures.

And yeah, both chips gone, so if there’s one more blank GW in FA Cup QF week or a few injuries, I’ll just take a maximum -8 hit.
Got to play the percentages in this game and cover the higher risk. Which has to be De Bruyne.
Salah has us, which you'd imagine/hope will be us competing well and stopping him, whereas De Bruyne is having a lot of shots at the moment, and should be scoring higher.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You've got to be one brave risk taker to captain a left back :)
Especially one who doesn't take pens like in the Baines days.

No KDB/defence is an exceptionally brave one too!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Pure madness. You'd need 3-4 goals just to get the hits back. And taking Son or Kane out this week is dangerous.
Agreed. You also have to factor in the transfers used on the other side removing a load of money sat on your bench - redistributing funds back to the starting XI can easily lead to more points hits.

That’s why it’s often good to plan for bench boost either side of a wildcard.

Mcking

He's talking a 16 point hit to bring 4 players in. If those 4 players all play twice, that does get you your 16 back, but probably 3 of the players he'd take out would have got 2 pointers each anyway. So you're losing those say 6 points. So you then need a couple of assists / goal & bonus just to make it back up there.
And those 16 points in effect come out of the total the player achieves for you. So someone getting an assist scores 5 but in effect it's 3 etc.

And that's before you consider Son & Kane might haul anyway.
It is effectively eight fixtures VS 6 points + three fixtures. Think the second one carries less potential even with Son and Kane. I wouldn't have taken the hits though.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Took a -4 to go Kane -> Vardy and KWP -> Dias to play Dias over Bamford. Hope it was worth it, really have a feeling Bamford will score but I wanted to get out KWP and this week seemed a good week to do it (He was on my bench though). Now plan to bench boost in a few weeks when I replace Macey with another gk

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played my wildcard. Changed about 7 of the whole squad. Only Martinez, Dallas, Fernandes and Kane remain from my start of the season.

Martinez
Dallas - Justin - Dias - Cresswell
Mane - Foden - De Bruyne - Fernandes - Eze
Kane

Paul_Scholes18

Saiss starts! Hopefully it makes it worth the bench boost. Even if all my players blank as long as they play I think it was worth a punt.

Given that a 15 man squad with double gameweek players takes more effort to build than what will reward you.

Mcking

You've got to be one brave risk taker to captain a left back :)
Especially one who doesn't take pens like in the Baines days.

No KDB/defence is an exceptionally brave one too!
I'd have had to sacrifice Salah, Fernandes, Vardy or Robertson for hits in order to get KDB. My team structure just wouldn't make it easy enough, so I went straight Stephens>Foden, allowing me to bench Adams. I have Robertson, and double West Ham in defence, so no space for a Man City defender as well.

I just know one of my premiums is going to deliver two blanks, couldn't trust myself to not pick that one. Actually feel safe captaining Cresswell. They don't get much better than Burnley and West Brom for defenders, and he carries plenty of attacking threat, so I haven't exactly captained Gary Neville here. It could backfire, but so could Vardy, Salah and Fernandes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Didn’t enjoy this deadline at all. Wanted to bring City defenders in but not for fellow double gameweekers. Difficult to sell Trent for a hit, especially as I am convinced United won’t score a non Didn’t force the bench boost in the end and took a conservative -8 to bring KDB and a City defender in, more out of following the herd than real conviction that KDB is essential.

TAA, Son & Kane out for Dias, KDB and Vardy. If those moves don’t return this week, then they hopefully will in GW20 when Spurs and Liverpool play.

Martinez
Robbo Dias Maguire Konsa
Salah KDB (c) Bruno Soucek
Vardy Bamford

Forster, Raphinha Taylor Brewster

Hope no-one triple captained Bruno, because I think a 1 pointer is a very real possibility!

90 + 5min

Thats it. Last wild card and no free hit anymore. Squad picked, not only for this week but next aswell. Still hunting league and cup trophy. Captain between Vardy and Antonio. No guts, no glory.

Meslier
Coufal Stones Justin
Fernandes Gundogan DeBruyne Grealish
Bamford Antonio Vardy

Pickford Shaw Son Mitchell

Wierd to take Pickford but with Meslier having 2 good weeks, Pickford takes over in 3weeks time. Looking always 3 weeks ahead with decisions. Easier that way with upcoming transfers. Son is in the team for next week like Shaw is. Mitchell is great cheep pick.

90 + 5min

Brilliant ! I think that it is big chance for lot of points there.

90 + 5min

Good luck, I scared myself out of it this morning.
Thank you. Good luck to you to. I don’t have Creswell but as soon I saw the poster write that my feeling was like ”he is going to get ton of points”. And I hope he does with brave decisions.

Nickosaur

I dont have KDB, really nervous about that decision now... would have had to have taken a -8 to get him in though or got rid of Salah
On paper KDB has the stronger fixtures but I, like you, would have had to get rid of Salah. I still may do that move in the coming weeks, but Salah could easily haul over his two games too. Seemed a sideways move, I definitely wasn't comfortable doing -4 to facilitate it.

Jealous of those who have KDB, Bruno and Salah this week though!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Dier for me. Can't you move him to Stones? It might be worth the - 4 as it's effectively a - 2 with one additional fixture.

Plus better fixtures coming up.
I already have Stones, it doesn't really matter anyway as I missed the deadline.

Schneiderman

Yes Fabio Silva! Got him in last week as a 2 gameweek punt. Hope he can get another and it'll be a great differential.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
With bsnch boost i have only 7 players with double games. That Leeds - Saints game really fecked me up.

Any chance that they throw another game in this GW? Spurs maybe.... :nervous:

saivet

Looking at a few of my FPL mini leagues and a number of bench boosts, triple captains and even wildcards have been used.

I've not used any, hopefully I can stay in touching distance.