Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Varun

Staff
Still majorly torn on Gundo v Sterling...hmm couple of hours to decide.

Gundo has 5 goals in 7, and Sterling about 1 goal in that time, but a few assists.
Pens for Gundo, threat of a big score for Sterling...
Gundo is more flexi to get others in, ie Salah - Son/Grealish goes to Salah easily in 1.
I'm legit amazed gundogan's being discussed in the same breath as sterling unless one's really using the 5mil to do a necessary upgrade elsewhere.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Still majorly torn on Gundo v Sterling...hmm couple of hours to decide.

Gundo has 5 goals in 7, and Sterling about 1 goal in that time, but a few assists.
Pens for Gundo, threat of a big score for Sterling...
Gundo is more flexi to get others in, ie Salah - Son/Grealish goes to Salah easily in 1.
I had the same dilemma, and ended up going with Sterling. I feel that Pep will place the onus on him to deliver attacking returns with City’s current injury problems.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm legit amazed gundogan's being discussed in the same breath as sterling unless one's really using the 5mil to do a necessary upgrade elsewhere.
He's matched Sterling's numbers in the last 7 gw's...(and outscored him 54 pts to 36)

He's also on pens.

£6m price difference which is huge. Allows me to turn Soucek into Salah or any of my front line into Kane with spare change left over.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ta chaps. Logic says Gundo. And even if Sterling hauls, few will have him and you not only have an extra 5m but chance of pens too.
Done it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Gone with a -8 Bamford for Watkins, Bruno for KDB and Gunodgan for Soucek. Selling Watkins could be a risk but surely Bamford will score against Newcastle.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He's matched Sterling for stats in the last 7 gw's...

He's also on pens.

£6m price difference which is huge. Allows me to turn Soucek into Salah or any of my front line into Kane with spare change left over.
Thing is, whilst it’s certainly useful to have a look at a players underlying stats from previous game weeks, it’s also equally important to identify where potential points will be coming from in the immediate future. A lot of FPL managers try to chase points from previous game weeks without thinking too much about the upcoming games and the state of the squad at that moment in time.

City have the likes of KdB and Aguero out injured, so I can see Sterling playing up top and him getting a lot of chances to score points. I feel Gundogan and Foden will also play in deeper positions compared to previous weeks.

Gundogan is a good pick but I think Sterling, who is being a bit overlooked IMO, is the one who has a higher ceiling and can really benefit FPL managers who take a punt on him.

We’ll see I guess!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thing is, whilst it’s certainly useful to have a look at a players underlying stats from previous game weeks, it’s also equally important to identify where potential points will be coming from in the immediate future.

City have the likes of KdB and Aguero out injured, so I can see Sterling playing up top and him getting a lot of chances to score points. I feel Gundogan and Foden will also play in deeper positions compared to previous weeks, but we’ll see.

Gundogan is a good pick but I think Sterling, who is being a bit overlooked IMO, is the one who has a higher ceiling and can really benefit FPL managers who take a punt on him.

We’ll see I guess!
Yeah that's fair enough and that's the major skill of the game trying to predict who's gonna haul next. I just thing it's wrong to dismiss Gundogan as a grossly inferior pick to Sterling when everything we've seen in the last 7 weeks suggest otherwise. Also top for Shots in the Box amongst City players ;) btw. I would suggest his price point is more based on him not being a first choice pick but he seems to in favour with Pep at the moment (even before the KDB injury).

But yeah absolutely no reason Sterling doesn't haul big tonight and it's as good a shout as any.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Personally, just from watching City, Foden has impressed me the most recently but I'm not going back there again after weeks of frustration with him being benched.

Rumoured City team doing the rounds is

Ederson
Cancelo Dias Stones Zinchenko
Rodri Gundogan Bernardo
Sterling Jesus Foden

Usual caveat that it could be bollocks but it looks fairly predictable.

Nickosaur

I've got about £1m in the bank - i'm considering swapping Raphinha out for Foden. Gundogan on pens and cheaper but surely Foden a better chance of g+a?
Everyone seems to be getting Gundogan in... hmm.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's knowing Salah won't keep blanking in the league for long that was a key reason for going Gundo over Sterling.
I need the option to switch him back in fairly quick, and for free.

If Grealish gets his 4th booking, or if Son doesn't look at it - I can switch to Salah within 1 transfer

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've got about £1m in the bank - i'm considering swapping Raphinha out for Foden. Gundogan on pens and cheaper but surely Foden a better chance of g+a?
Everyone seems to be getting Gundogan in... hmm.
Game of risk isn't it.
Foden may get a 15 pointer. But could easily get a 1 or 2, while Gundo gets another 8-12 with tonnes of your rivals benefitting.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah, probably just KdB. Forster, Mendy and Bowen to go asap.

4 transfers for this team is what I'm currently going for. It's just whether I take the -12 or use the wildcard. Leaning towards WC

Martinez Meslier

Dias Stones Ayling Justin Bednarek

Bruno Rashford Grealish Gundogan Maddison/Pogba

Watkins Kane Bamford
Spent a while considering and was leaning towards WC (to avoid a -12), when I realised I'm not going to play them all this week (can't BB if do WC and was saving for DGW anyway) so why rush?

Thought of doing 2 and taking -4 but gone for just KdB to Gundogan and now have £7m spare!

Will change Mendy for Grealish or Maddison next week then change Bowen for the other one the week after. Finally, Forster to Meslier the week after that... ready for a BB at some date.

It's knowing Salah won't keep blanking in the league for long that was a key reason for going Gundo over Sterling.
I need the option to switch him back in fairly quick, and for free.

If Grealish gets his 4th booking, or if Son doesn't look at it - I can switch to Salah within 1 transfer
after 19, bookings back to 0? Just needs to avoid b2b bookings?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Not back to 0 no. The threshold increases to 10 bookings though after 19 games.

Grealish is on 4 bookings now. If he gets booked against Burnley he'll miss the game against Southampton. If he gets booked against Southampton he'll miss the West Ham game. It's the West Ham game in GW22 for Villa when the threshold increases for them.

Not back to 0 no. The threshold increases to 10 bookings though after 19 games.

Grealish is on 4 bookings now. If he gets booked against Burnley he'll miss the game against Southampton. If he gets booked against Southampton he'll miss the West Ham game. It's the West Ham game in GW22 for Villa when the threshold increases for them.
Thanks so 6-10 rather than 1-5?

From way Sandikan worded, I took it as 3 but misread.

Just found rules on 2nf half of season... bit tighter? Can see a few hitting that and a 2 game ban is notable?

"Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in PL matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition."

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thanks so 6-10 rather than 1-5?

From way Sandikan worded, I took it as 3 but misread.

Just found rules on 2nf half of season... bit tighter? Can see a few hitting that and a 2 game ban is notable?

"Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in PL matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition."
Yep. I pray to god Bruno behaves himself. Wouldn't want to miss him for 2 games. Grealish is such a gobshite I'm surprised he doesn't get booked every game.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Final team for this week :
Martinez
Cresswell - Chilwell - Dias - Stones
Grealish - Bruno(C) - Salah - Son
DCL - Bamford

with Dallas, Macey, Soucek, Brewster on the bench.

Currently about 7.5 k in the rankings but I am really nervous this week that I don't have a city mid (Gundogan or Foden) if they haul.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Whoops, meant to say avoid his 5th booking - but yes as someone above says the threshold goes well up. So he's still got to get through 2 games.
Did well to get through one the other game where he made a few fouls and standard mouthings off.

Varun

Staff
He's matched Sterling's numbers in the last 7 gw's...(and outscored him 54 pts to 36)

He's also on pens.

I wouldn't look too much into the recent numbers. It's Gundogan performing well above his mean vs Sterling performing well below his in a short space of time.

I can understand those who are going for Gundogan because they need the extra funds.

Dan_F

I wouldn't look too much into the recent numbers. It's Gundogan performing well above his mean vs Sterling performing well below his in a short space of time.

I can understand those who are going for Gundogan because they need the extra funds.
I think for some, myself included, it’s a short term fix. There’s a good chance I get Vardy in soon, as Rodgers said he’s only out for a couple of weeks. Or if Salah and Liverpool start firing, it’s easy to get him in.

I’m definitely not going to be spreading the funds out over the team though, there has to be space to get a premium asset back in quick.

Yep. I pray to god Bruno behaves himself. Wouldn't want to miss him for 2 games. Grealish is such a gobshite I'm surprised he doesn't get booked every game.
He is. Very good player mind but how refs don't book him for his moaning and his "going down easily", I don't know.

Obviously, if he comes to United, he'll be an angel.

Nickosaur

Couldn't choose between Foden or Gundogan so I kept Raphinha for one more week. Not sure how I feel about that. Will find out later!

Deery

Dreary
Did Neto to Gundogan and Vardy to Jesus captaining Jesus but a minus 4 hit, had to be done.

RashyForPM

Captaining Sterling. Probably one of 10 people to do so but I need to gamble to get up the rankings.

saivet

Soucek always scores when he's on my my bench. 2nd on my bench this week too.

Nickosaur

:lol: Soucek you bastard. On the bench. Least I didn't sell him as a lot of people have - must be a season keeper.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Because of this thread, I got rid of Souciek because "he's playing too deep".

He's scored two. I could cry.

United Hobbit

Had an absolute nightmare- made 3 changes last week as Wener had driven me mad

Then out Son back in as KDB got injured, I had him before so surprised he counts

Then made a couple today as it showed a cost of 0(?) So thought I was somehow safe

Go into points today, feel smug I have assist and goal, courtesy of Soucek and Antonio

Then see 5 transfers, minus 16!!

Why did it say today's transfers only cost minus 4 as made 2? Why wasn't it accumulated including last weeks?!

I was doing terribly anyway this has just finished me off

My team did naff all last week so I'm behind my main rival

I blame Werner for being so awful he was not getting another SECOND in my team last weekend

Watch him score bucketloads now they have Tuchel...