McCarthy
Robertson Egan Saliba
Salah St-Maximin Son Aubemeyang
Werner Mitrovic Ings

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Do people think Rashy or Bruno will be better value overall?

I like that Bruno is on pens but if I get Rashy, my defence goes from:

TAA, KWP, Taylor (Dallas, Buur)

To:

TAA, KWP, Saiss (Taylor, Dallas)

Final decision...

Rooney24

This would drive you crazy. But think I’m settling for this. At least for the first week anyway:

McCarthy

TAA Saiss Mitchell

Pulisic Auba (c) Salah (v) Traore

Werner Calvert-Lewin Mitrovic

Bench: Steer, Taylor, Gordon, Dallas.

Last edited:

Skåre Willoch

Haha, you're not Magnus Carlsen, man
I'm not trying to come off as Magnus Carlsen either, mate. I just want to keep my team to myself 20 hours before the deadline. I have something close to a template team, with some punts. All of the ususal suspects are in. No surprises for anyone with my team. BUT, I don't want to show my had just yet. At this stage it's every man for himself.

I don't get why most of you do it, to be honest. If you have a great idea, or a fix you think not many people have thought about, why share it this close to the deadline?
I do understand some of you, though. Some of the teams posted definitely need some help/input :p

hubbuh

Final team:

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Dallas
Aubamayang, Salah, Son, ASM
Werner, Mitrovic, DCL

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Reed, Buur

Will swap Son and Auba for Bruno and KDB with the first two transfers.

My only worry is Buur will probably not play but beyond the first week, he'll be third on bench so hopefully I won't need him and another Lord Lundstram will emerge.

I can upgrade to a 4.5 but don't want to compromise my team anywhere else as I feel it's really balanced.
I have an incredibly similar set up (as I'm sure lots do) but can't decide between DCL + 6/6.5 attacker or Ings. Having Ings would allow me to swap Martial in immediately. Tough one!@

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm not trying to come off as Magnus Carlsen either, mate. I just want to keep my team to myself 20 hours before the deadline. I have something close to a template team, with some punts. All of the ususal suspects are in. No surprises for anyone with my team. BUT, I don't want to show my had just yet. At this stage it's every man for himself.

I don't get why most of you do it, to be honest. If you have a great idea, or a fix you think not many people have thought about, why share it this close to the deadline?
I do understand some of you, though. Some of the teams posted definitely need some help/input :p
It depends what you're playing for.

I personally only care about my private mini leagues. I'm probably never going to win the redcafe league and definitely not overall so any tips from here that can help my private work league is more important to me.

I have no issue helping others in return for help myself...

Duafc

Village Lemon
Any thoughts on Vardy?

WBA away sounds good but we just don’t know what Leicester we’re getting and I don’t think it’ll be last seasons.

Have him in at the moment with the idea being to sub him out immediately after this week for Martial - leaving a spare milly to up Son to Bruno/Rashford the following week.

Not too keen on City until GW4.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I have an incredibly similar set up (as I'm sure lots do) but can't decide between DCL + 6/6.5 attacker or Ings. Having Ings would allow me to swap Martial in immediately. Tough one!@
I think DCL will have a decent year and if not, there is flexibility due to his price. A 6.5 may emerge that is on a tear so it's an easy swap.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Do people think Rashy or Bruno will be better value overall?

I like that Bruno is on pens but if I get Rashy, my defence goes from:

TAA, KWP, Taylor (Dallas, Buur)

To:

TAA, KWP, Saiss (Taylor, Dallas)

Final decision...
Would love some help with the above please.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
draft 5008...

McCarthy (£4m)

TAA / Robertson / Dier / Holding (£4m)

Auba (c) / Alli / Bowen (£4.5) (£4.5)

Werner / Ings / Vardy

Probably bring in Martial for Vardy in GW2

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Right, I've had a rethink and this is now my team. I've been trying to take a risk with it (the FPL expert on the athletic admitted he's never even won a mini league because he's "too conservative" with his selections.

Leno

Mitchell - TAA - Justin - Walker-peters

Auba - Havertz - Traore

Kane - Mitrovic - Werner

Johnston / Ayling / Grealish / Gundogan

So, I've decided to leave out Salah/Mane and I've gone for Havertz (rather than the 'coming back from injury' Pulisic) hoping he hits the ground running (which hopefully will lead to me hitting the ground running)

I can see Havertz letting me down and struggling to adjust to the league - with Salah meanwhile scoring a hat trick against Leeds.

EDIT: I don't have United players in my team because I like to keep FPL separate from following my team. (E.g I don't want to be watching a match, screaming "pass it to Rashford!!" at the telly)

Duafc

Village Lemon
Would love some help with the above please.
Bruno seems the smart choice when comparing like for like and I still feel Rashford is patchy, Bruno with pens, his position and how everything goes through him is such a more solid contributor points wise I think.

That said, an extra mill for defence could be hugely worthwhile - 2 4.5s vs 2 5m defenders could be pretty big particularly for a lock and leave approach to def.

Skåre Willoch

It depends what you're playing for.

I personally only care about my private mini leagues. I'm probably never going to win the redcafe league and definitely not overall so any tips from here that can help my private work league is more important to me.

I have no issue helping others in return for help myself...
I have no issue helping others either, though? Just in the past couple of hours I've given plenty of constructive feedback and tips. At least I think/hope it's helpful!
Just because I don't really need help with my team, and don't want to post it, doesn't mean I'm not trying to help others does it?

But yeah, I guess I care a lot more than most. Plenty of money involved, some mini leagues of great importance, and a goal of beating my previous best.

hubbuh

Minileagues are where it's at. Also, you shouldn't really banter other peoples ideas/team if you're not showing your own!

Superden

i think Son as a midfielder is a good shout. Also Doucoure is value (5.5) i think for someone most likely to play as an AM for everton...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've settled on:

McCarthy / Nyland
TAA / Tierney / Davies / Dallas / Mitchell
Auba / Son / Havertz / Greenwood / Saint-Maximin
Ings / Maupay / DCL

Martial will replace Ings in GW2. If we buy Sancho then Greenwood gets replaced too. I think balance is right and I like having depth. I've swapped Maupay in for Wood due to favorable fixtures but will rotate them. DCL is a punt but with Everton signings he may get decent numbers this year. Otherwise it's a good balance with only one potential fodder Mitchell.

Sarni

i think Son as a midfielder is a good shout. Also Doucoure is value (5.5) i think for someone most likely to play as an AM for everton...
Don't think he's going to play AM, he should be deeper with James on the team.

Skåre Willoch

Minileagues are where it's at. Also, you shouldn't really banter other peoples ideas/team if you're not showing your own!
I'm in the Caf minileague as well, as I guess most of you are. And I want to win that league as much as the other minileagues.

You'll see my team in less than a day. Not sharing it before the deadline, as I want to beat you. If you think the tongue in cheek comment about other teams is problematic, I'm happy to apologize or whatever. But then I don't feel I'm the one taking this too seriously. :rolleyes:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I've settled on:

McCarthy / Nyland
TAA / Tierney / Davies / Dallas / Mitchell
Auba / Son / Havertz / Greenwood / Saint-Maximin
Ings / Maupay / DCL

Martial will replace Ings in GW2. If we buy Sancho then Greenwood gets replaced too. I think balance is right and I like having depth. I've swapped Maupay in for Wood due to favorable fixtures but will rotate them. DCL is a punt but with Everton signings he may get decent numbers this year. Otherwise it's a good balance with only one potential fodder Mitchell.
Where did you finish last season ? I mean FPL

ROFLUTION

Because it makes next to no big difference overall, and by posting, someone can question your thoughts on marginal players. Say Saliba/Holding situation. Even the winner of last year and hall of famers do it. Its the decisions made in the other 37 gws that makes the real difference. Im just not sure your template is better than say 20 hall of famers who post theirs about now. Your choice of course, but seems silly to me.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
This game is really infuriating me this year. I’ve done about 15 teams and I just don’t feel happy with any of them.

Paul_Scholes18

I want a premium defender other than Pool one. Although there is none good.
Will Azpilicueta start? If so then I might pick him.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Am I missing something obvious with so many people having Alexander-Arnold over Robertson? I know he generally scores more, but that 0.5 could be useful elsewhere and Robertson still gets quite a few assists.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I want a premium defender other than Pool one. Although there is none good.
Will Azpilicueta start? If so then I might pick him.
Lampard can't set up a defence, I'd avoid Chelsea defenders like the Coronavirus

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Bruno seems the smart choice when comparing like for like and I still feel Rashford is patchy, Bruno with pens, his position and how everything goes through him is such a more solid contributor points wise I think.

That said, an extra mill for defence could be hugely worthwhile - 2 4.5s vs 2 5m defenders could be pretty big particularly for a lock and leave approach to def.
Thanks that's settled it. There isn't too much difference between 4.5 and 5.0 defs in my opinion. The real quality defenders appear at 5.5. is rather a 4.0 sits at the rear end of my bench with Bruno rather than risking on Rash who had looked dodgy as of late, plays deeper and had burnt me many times!

I have no issue helping others either, though? Just in the past couple of hours I've given plenty of constructive feedback and tips. At least I think/hope it's helpful!
Just because I don't really need help with my team, and don't want to post it, doesn't mean I'm not trying to help others does it?

But yeah, I guess I care a lot more than most. Plenty of money involved, some mini leagues of great importance, and a goal of beating my previous best.
I think you misunderstood my message. I wasn't trying to say you don't want to help others, apologies if it came across like this. You helped me in the running thread a lot so I know you're a decent guy.

I was saying that I like helping AND getting help here as my main concern isn't the overall rankings or the redcafe league but instead is my work league.

I'm never gonna get top 10k, I'm just not that interested in that (my highest ranking has been 30k).

Skåre Willoch

Because it makes next to no big difference overall, and by posting, someone can question your thoughts on marginal players. Say Saliba/Holding situation. Even the winner of last year and hall of famers do it. Its the decisions made in the other 37 gws that makes the real difference. Im just not sure your template is better than say 20 hall of famers who post theirs about now. Your choice of course, but seems silly to me.
I'm not saying my team is better than 20 hall of famers though, am I? I've even said the exact opposite, that I'll change it 25 times before the deadline, that I'm very prepared to be disappointed, and that I have the excuses ready for the inevitable disappointment on saturday.

Ah, I've finally found my starting line up. Quite happy! I've even figured out how to get both United and City players in my team for GW2 and 3.

Will probably change it 25 more times before the deadline, though. And still be disappointed on saturday. But if I've had every single player in my mock up teams at some point, I can use the excuse of ".... but I had him in my mock ups!!! Ffs!!! :mad: So typical!!" a lot, which is nice.
Most of my mates will laugh in my face if I ask them what their team looks like right now. Sure, it's silly. I just don't want/need your feedback on it. If it really helps you, or you really really want to know I'll DM it to you or something.

Skåre Willoch

Thanks that's settled it. There isn't too much difference between 4.5 and 5.0 defs in my opinion. The real quality defenders appear at 5.5. is rather a 4.0 sits at the rear end of my bench with Bruno rather than risking on Rash who had looked dodgy as of late, plays deeper and had burnt me many times!

I think you misunderstood my message. I wasn't trying to say you don't want to help others, apologies if it came across like this. You helped me in the running thread a lot so I know you're a decent guy.

I was saying that I like helping AND getting help here as my main concern isn't the overall rankings or the redcafe league but instead is my work league.

I'm never gonna get top 10k, I'm just not that interested in that (my highest ranking has been 30k).

No worries, mate. Didn't mean to come off as harsh or butthurt or whatever.

I just like helping others in this thread, and don't really want help myself. ;) My previous best is 7000ish two seasons ago, and I really want to beat that. Top 10k or bust, really.

Sarni

Where did you finish last season ? I mean FPL
I don't know. I don't follow general rankings, only private league with my mates which I won second year in a row. General rankings are kind of pointless for me as we have a lot of internal rules for our league which are inevitably bringing points total down by a lot (e.g. designated player, limits on number of participants having same player, mutually agreed paid transfers quota in a week etc.). Why?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't know. I don't follow general rankings, only private league with my mates which I won second year in a row. General rankings are kind of pointless for me as we have a lot of internal rules for our league which are inevitably bringing points total down by a lot (e.g. designated player, limits on number of participants having same player, mutually agreed paid transfers quota in a week etc.). Why?
Just checking. Thats a good team and just wondering how did you perform last year :)

odinnh

McCarthy (Nyland)
Lascelles - Burr - VVD - Saliba (Braintwaite)
Pepe - Podence - Mané - Son (Rashford)
Kane - Jimenez (Davies)

0.5 ITB

Martial for jimenez GW2
Pepe has 2.3% ownership and is undervalued IMO
Rashford is 5% ownership
Will Podence start ?

Sarni

Just checking. Thats a good team and just wondering how did you perform last year :)
Well happily I won my league. I’m one of the few left who has never started a league with Salah, just find him boring. Last year I didn’t have any of Salah, Mane and Sterling on day 1 while all of my league did. I did have KDB though. I think it is way more important to find gems than it is to take every single ‘essential’, getting them is also much easier if you’ve built up value in the team (I got to like £108.0m last year).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
McCarthy (Nyland)
Lascelles - Burr - VVD - Saliba (Braintwaite)
Pepe - Podence - Mané - Son (Rashford)
Kane - Jimenez (Davies)

0.5 ITB

Martial for jimenez GW2
Pepe has 2.3% ownership and is undervalued IMO
Rashford is 5% ownership
Will Podence start ?
Your want to sort that defense out. There's a huge chance none of Buur, Saliba or Branthwaite play.

I hope podence and Traore rotate, which can get Buur into the team but common sense says Podence will start work Traore RWB.

This is a very strange team. Could work as a differential or it could also mean you're out of the running instantly.