Fantasy Premier League 20/21

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Lloris

TAA - Egan - VVD - Castagne

Doucoure - Traore - Aubameyang - Son

Kane - Firmino

I will be shamelessly using my wildcard after this to create a team for the proper first GW next week where all teams are actually fecking playing.

Neo_Mufc

Watkins looks expensive at 6M.
They have 2 good fixtures to get stuck into. I'm really tempted to start him over Mitro/Wilson(I already have Saint Maxim)

Today i will make a team. For the first time. I read all the rules, posts here etc but still in the dark with lots of things.
Any good tips for noob regarding this? Thank you in advance
1. Balance your team as much as you can. A bench full of fodder will screw you when injuries/players dropped occur.
2. Try not to get too many players from 1 team at the moment. Somtimes we go for 3 City players but it can be risky.
3. Look for those cheap defenders who play and could nick clean sheet/attacking returns.
4. Go for the safe options with your captains. Don't captain defenders.
5. Don't take too many hits.
6. Have fun.

Batshuayi anyone? Looks shite for Chelsea yes, but 6 in 13 games last time at Palace, 7 in 10 when on loan at Dortmund, and still banging them in for Belgium. There's now quite a lot of options at 6.0m upfront with him, Wilson, Watkins added to Mitrovic.
I hate him and Palace so I'm staying clear.

Neo_Mufc

Last post before season starts tomorrow just to say I have £170 (17 people) in my paid league at the moment. One person from the caf has joined.

It's £10 entry and 1st and 2nd will be paid out more than likely.

PM for any questions/details.

Cheers!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Still can't decide whether to stick with an expensive defence with TAA, Robertson and Doherty, or to lighten it up a bit and add Ings up front with Werner and Mitrovic..

Paul_Scholes18

I have abandonded my 4 at the back strategy and I am back at an older side. Just bloody start the season to end all tinkering.
I bet the players I have abandonded will score far more than my picks.
Have not moved Salah, TAA and Auba at all from the start so they will probably fail too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
They have 2 good fixtures to get stuck into. I'm really tempted to start him over Mitro/Wilson(I already have Saint Maxim)

1. Balance your team as much as you can. A bench full of fodder will screw you when injuries/players dropped occur.
2. Try not to get too many players from 1 team at the moment. Somtimes we go for 3 City players but it can be risky.
3. Look for those cheap defenders who play and could nick clean sheet/attacking returns.
4. Go for the safe options with your captains. Don't captain defenders.
5. Don't take too many hits.
6. Have fun.

I hate him and Palace so I'm staying clear.
You posted all these good learnings you found then instantly respond with a decision made on emotion :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Put in all the players you hate. That way, of they do well, it benefits you. If they do nothing then you laugh at them.
That is my new tactic. If Pool score and I got captain Salah at least it feels slightly better.
My best start to a season when I was rank 80 roughly after 7-8 rounds was using far too much Pool and City.
It was the season they both got 90+ points.

Leonzo1

Will Justin still start for Leicester now that they have Castagane?

Tiber

My team Has Bruno, Maguire and De Bruyne. I know that they don't play week 1, but I figured as they make up the fixtures later in the season it doesn't matter. However some of the feedback here suggests that may not be a good idea.

I might change the lineup, but I would like to bring all three back in (I have a theory Maguire will score a few goals this year). I believe that once the season kicks off you can only make one change per week?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
My team Has Bruno, Maguire and De Bruyne. I know that they don't play week 1, but I figured as they make up the fixtures later in the season it doesn't matter. However some of the feedback here suggests that may not be a good idea.

I might change the lineup, but I would like to bring all three back in (I have a theory Maguire will score a few goals this year). I believe that once the season kicks off you can only make one change per week?
One free transfer per week. Although you can roll one free over if you don't make a sub in a particular week.

United and city will make up the fixture but people will bring the players in by then and maximize points.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Yes, but think about the numbers. You could be starting the season a dozen points or more off the pace by not having quality alternatives, is that really going to be better than the few points you might lose by having to phase in the players you want over decent alternatives over 3 weeks?

Tiber

I haven't played Fantasy in about 10 years. Last time I entered you had to ring up a number in the sun and type in a bunch of codes!

Quickly stuck this side together, might be total shite.

Bench is basically nothing, probably an awful idea

This is a rabbit hole, I dropped the players who are missing week 1 and reshaped the team into this:

But i'm not convinced taking both Salah and Aubameyang in midfield is a good idea - its a lot of money. If I swap Salah for Graelish I could also swap Rice for Son. With a million left over to upgrade one of the strikers. Wish United were playing in week 1. I could fit Bruno and Martial into this lineup comfortably.

As I said I haven't played in years and am building a team with little to no thought for the bench. Maybe making terrible decisions, but its been a fun distraction

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Yes, but think about the numbers. You could be starting the season a dozen points or more off the pace by not having quality alternatives, is that really going to be better than the few points you might lose by having to phase in the players you want over decent alternatives over 3 weeks?
Or you could accidentally pick up this year pukki while saving those 3 players

Paul_Scholes18

This is a rabbit hole, I dropped the players who are missing week 1 and reshaped the team into this:

But i'm not convinced taking both Salah and Aubameyang in midfield is a good idea - its a lot of money. If I swap Salah for Graelish I could also swap Rice for Son. With a million left over to upgrade one of the strikers. Wish United were playing in week 1. I could fit Bruno and Martial into this lineup comfortably.

As I said I haven't played in years and am building a team with little to no thought for the bench. Maybe making terrible decisions, but its been a fun distraction
Looks good apart from Rice. He is not scoring much and might pick up cards. Many other cheap attackers,defenders or midfielders too pick, but you might need to downgrade maybe Zaha or one defender to uppgrade him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Really really happy with my FPL team. No more changes now unless we get any news.

I have also entered the fan team one this year for a bit of fun with the prizes being really good. Finding it hard to nail my team as the pricing is totally mental.

Tiber

Looks good apart from Rice. He is not scoring much and might pick up cards. Many other cheap attackers,defenders or midfielders too pick, but you might need to downgrade maybe Zaha or one defender to uppgrade him.
Thanks! Yea I know that Rice sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm also a bit iffy on the strikers - fine one paper as long as Ings builds on last season!

Paul_Scholes18

Thanks! Yea I know that Rice sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm also a bit iffy on the strikers - fine one paper as long as Ings builds on last season!
You could always downgrade Richarlison to DCL or Ings to Adams. I guess you rather have the main man, but neither Ings nor Richarlison may take penalties so the downgrade might not be that big.
It would be the easiest way to make cash I think if you want a similar side and uppgrade Rice.

Neo_Mufc

I hate Liverpool and what to see them suffer but something tells me they will keep on collecting points.

dinostar77

My tips for anyone starting out on this.
1. Look at the fixture list for your players. I normally plan to leave the team alone, transferwise for 3/4 matches.

2. Try to leave yourself with £1mil spare. Why? Because player prices go up and down and if you want to do a 1 in, 1 out transfer, having some extra budget helps to get that player you want whos price just went up by 0.1mil.

3. Dont go for your favourite players in real life, go for those who will get you points, even if you cant stand them or their team.

4. Leave room in your XI for a 'punt' player. The one you have a gut feeling about or is a gamble. Sometimes you'll be suprised. Not every weekend is about Salah, KDB or Aubameyang.

5. Dont be too slow about putting a scoring streak player in, even if their price has gone up. "I'll put him in next week" or "he wont score this weekend" and then you dont or he keeps on scoring. Depressing.

Tiber

My tips for anyone starting out on this.
1. Look at the fixture list for your players. I normally plan to leave the team alone, transferwise for 3/4 matches.

2. Try to leave yourself with £1mil spare. Why? Because player prices go up and down and if you want to do a 1 in, 1 out transfer, having some extra budget helps to get that player you want whos price just went up by 0.1mil.

3. Dont go for your favourite players in real life, go for those who will get you points, even if you cant stand them or their team.

4. Leave room in your XI for a 'punt' player. The one you have a gut feeling about or is a gamble. Sometimes you'll be suprised. Not every weekend is about Salah, KDB or Aubameyang.

5. Dont be too slow about putting a scoring streak player in, even if their price has gone up. "I'll put him in next week" or "he wont score this weekend" and then you dont or he keeps on scoring. Depressing.

Thanks for this. If the price goes up when they are already on your team and the total value goes over 100m do you need to make changes to compensate?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Thanks for this. If the price goes up when they are already on your team and the total value goes over 100m do you need to make changes to compensate?
Nope, thankfully not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've set my team now, dont' think I'll change it.

Just contemplating fully wildcarding in GW2 or slowly phasing out my current "star" players for City/United players. I've set myself up for either scenario so I think I'll leave it (for now)!

Paul_Scholes18

I've set my team now, dont' think I'll change it.

Just contemplating fully wildcarding in GW2 or slowly phasing out my current "star" players for City/United players. I've set myself up for either scenario so I think I'll leave it (for now)!
I am wildcarding around week 3-5 I think. Then we know about form players and bargains. Also allow to bring in players I want before they get too expensive.

United Hobbit

Alright folks, as the admin of the old league has disappeared into a mysterious black hole, I've created a new league just for this year.

League: RedCafe 20/21
Join code: 6x14kj

Everyone feel free to join.

@Maluco
@Joseunited
@Deery
@RashyForPM
@mcsparky
@LuckyScout78
@lukepowell1988
@Hernandez - BFA
@The United Irishman
@Sant1ago
@Craig Ward

Tagging those who've mentioned wanting the code.
You happy for me to join? I'm in my old works league but half of us no longer work there so would like one wirh people I can actually compare with!
Im terrible so no competition :lol:

RashyForPM

A strategy here for me is to go in hard with 3 Spurs players (Davies, Son, Kane) to benefit from their easy start to the season before wildcarding in GW4 when they play us (why exactly :nervous:).

Paul_Scholes18

A strategy here for me is to go in hard with 3 Spurs players (Davies, Son, Kane) to benefit from their easy start to the season before wildcarding in GW4 when they play us (why exactly :nervous:).
Kane is always crap against us though so best not have him then.

RashyForPM

Kane is always crap against us though so best not have him then.
Yep, getting rid of him in the wildcard coincidentally for Martial, who I think could explode this season. He’s always played better with better players, and he’s never had a supply line better than this one since he joined.

Paul_Scholes18

Yep, getting rid of him in the wildcard coincidentally for Martial, who I think could explode this season. He’s always played better with better players, and he’s never had a supply line better than this one since he joined.
Yeah I am thinking of having Martial too. Playing up front and learning that role more should only help him. Bruno will be good if we keep getting penalties like crazy.
I struggle to see us keeping that up.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So is this new league or the old one the more popular league? Don't want to be in two leagues...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I am wildcarding around week 3-5 I think. Then we know about form players and bargains. Also allow to bring in players I want before they get too expensive.
Yeah, I'm slightly worried about the latter. If there is a host of KDB/Bruno/Martial ownership in GW2 does that mean their prices rise?

Dan_F

Yeah, I'm slightly worried about the latter. If there is a host of KDB/Bruno/Martial ownership in GW2 does that mean their prices rise?
It’s a risk. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruno/Martial do given the fixtures. KDB has Wolves and Leicester, so I think people are likely to hold onto Auba, for example, for an extra week.

I’m starting with Bruno on the bench, and plan on getting Martial in after we get news of that friendly tomorrow.