Lord of the Iron Islands
Late changes to get Werner in.

......................McCarthy
TAA - Vinagre - Walker Pieters - Justin
...-....Aubameyang - Salah - Son
..........Werner - Mitrovic - Ings

0.5 in the bank for Ings to Martial.

Thoughts?
I really like the team, similar to an earlier draft of mine.

Only thing for me is I think there are some doubts around Vinagre (transfer) and Justin (not nailed, definitely when Ricardo returns). Depends who you have as your 5th defender but assuming it’s a 4.0 player none of whom I’m confident will start at all regularly (understand there are some murmurings around Buur).

Overall you might be fine as Vinagre is still at the club for example, but for me I think you’re holding a bit too much risk there in defence personally.

Paul_Scholes18

Thanks; is it worth dropping my last £0.5m for Justin, has he been very impressive recently? I want to upgrade to Bruno/Martial after GW1.

I've been a big Ryan fan in recent years in FF, have Brighton entered the Martinez race? Thought he was off to Villa?
So you want 0.5 so you can go Ings to Martial potentially? If you really want to do that then you should probably keep the money.
Dallas vs Liverpool looks hard though.

Neo_Mufc

Having real last minute jitters.

Can someone help me please. Once I make this decision, I'm blocking the site until after the deadline.

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Buur
Salah, Aubamayang, Son, ASM
DCL
, Werner, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Reed, Dallas

Or:

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Saiss
Salah, Aubamayang, Son, Soucek
Wilson
, Werner, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Taylor, Reed, Dallas

My first two transfer will bring in Bruno and KDB so need to get this right!

Any help will be appreciated!
Im not for sure but after reading reddit they said not to include Buur. Don't trust me on that though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Thinking about letting Tierney go now that Vinagre looks likely to start season at Wolves after all. Tierney might get quite a few assists but I’m not sure Arsenal will be any good for clean sheets.

United58

So you want 0.5 so you can go Ings to Martial potentially? If you really want to do that then you should probably keep the money.
Dallas vs Liverpool looks hard though.
Yeah pretty much. Gonna keep Dallas and go Ings -> Martial (or a midfielder -> Bruno depending on injuries etc.). Dallas is a sub for me this week anyway. Thanks :)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Wondering if Mane over Salah is worth a gamble for early differential ?

I suppose the penalties swing it to Salah

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Convince me if I’m wrong. Unless you are confident either Martial or Werner can score 20+, it’s better to go with someone like Maupay or Wood who guarantees 10-12 goals and upgrade whatever £4.5m defender you are trying to put on there with Robertson or even Doherty.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Im not for sure but after reading reddit they said not to include Buur. Don't trust me on that though.
I dont think Buur will play. He's only in the team for GW1 then will be bench option 3. If he doesn't play GW1, Dallas will come in.

dinostar77

So Rodrigo? Anyone?
He will get alot of games for leeds. His scoring record in spain wasnt all that. But its a Biesla team and they only play one way, all out attack. So he could be worth the gamble depending on leeds initial fixtures. He was in my XI but i dropped him and like a sheep, i followed the Werner crowd.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Heard in the Sheff United press conference that the manager was bigging up Oliver Burke to play in strike for them. He's listed as a 4.5 MF so although not as nailed as a Bissouma or Reed, has potential to actually be the next Lord Lundstram if he hits the floor running as Sheff United don't exactly have good strikers!

Neo_Mufc

Can someone throw some 5.5m options at me please that are not S.Maxim.

Thank you.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Can someone throw some 5.5m options at me please that are not S.Maxim.

Thank you.
Maximin is by far and away the best option there. I'm assuming you already have him...

The other options are:

Moutinho - Not gonna set the world alight in terms of FF but is nailed on and takes free kicks so there's chance for some assists and as well as clean sheet points as Wolves are generally solid in defense.

Soucek - If West Ham's fixtures weren't so fecking horrendous, I'd have had him in my team. 5.0 and is gigantic so can thrive in a Moyes system of launching balls into the box.

Doucoure - Got the odd few goals and assist at Watford but likely to play way deeper at Everton so not a great choice. Although I can see scenarios where he passes James Rodriguez the ball on the halfway line and James scores from there :lol:

Keita - Struggled to get into the team but with Henderson injured, he may get there. Not fully convinced though!

Hope that helps.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Last minute change from a 451 to a 442

McCarthy
TAA Doherty KWP Tierney
Auba Salah Son ASM
Werner Adams

Assists galore from defence hopefully.

Wayne's World

Who's most likely to start right back for Arsenal tomorrow? I have currently Tierney and Bellerin in my team and that gives me nerves knowing Arsenal defensively :nervous:

Lebowski

Combination of guaranteed points and bargain basement punts for me this year.

Ryan / McCarthy
TAA / Bernardo / Douglas / Justin / Vinagre
Auba / Salah / Saka / Saint-Maximin / Romeu
Werner / Kane / Antonio

I think people are underestimating Kane. I know he traditionally starts slow but his initial 8 fixtures are excellent and he finished last season well. I couldn't pass up on him for 10.5.

Expecting to bring in a United player next week, then swap Auba for De Bruyne in GW3 (like I assume everyone is).

Neo_Mufc

Maximin is by far and away the best option there. I'm assuming you already have him...

The other options are:

Moutinho - Not gonna set the world alight in terms of FF but is nailed on and takes free kicks so there's chance for some assists and as well as clean sheet points as Wolves are generally solid in defense.

Soucek - If West Ham's fixtures weren't so fecking horrendous, I'd have had him in my team. 5.0 and is gigantic so can thrive in a Moyes system of launching balls into the box.

Doucoure - Got the odd few goals and assist at Watford but likely to play way deeper at Everton so not a great choice. Although I can see scenarios where he passes James Rodriguez the ball on the halfway line and James scores from there :lol:

Keita - Struggled to get into the team but with Henderson injured, he may get there. Not fully convinced though!

Hope that helps.
I've got Frasier instead for 0.5m more I think he offers more value. Yes Doucure and Soucek (same reasons as you have said above) are both in my thoughts.

Thanks

Who's most likely to start right back for Arsenal tomorrow? I have currently Tierney and Bellerin in my team and that gives me nerves knowing Arsenal defensively :nervous:
I've brought Holding in for 4.5m. I think he will start.

BorisDeLeFora

Will Greenwood start next week? I currently have Martial on the bench but would rather get the extra 1.5m to upgrade some of my shite.

Tiber

Can anyone think of a better idea than Rice for 5 million? Or do I need to find some extra cash

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Finished with my tinkering:

McCarthy (Ryan)

TAA/KWP/Justin (Douglas, Bernardo)
Auba/Salah/Mount/Bowen (Norwood)
Ayew/Ings/Werner

Not a sausage left in the bank so heaven knows how I'll get some Manchester players in next week, but feck it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Why is it the best teams are always just 0,5 million off! :lol:

All locked down now. Ended up going 4-4-2 in the end for tomorrow after not having tried it even once before 5 minutes ago!

Tiber

Feck it. I just spent ages trying to swap Rice for a 5m midfielder that I feel strongly about and could find feck all. Ended up swapping him for Stuart Dallas and switching to 442.

Maybe you shouldn't pick players you like in real life; but Dallas is a cracking player for NI, totally unproven at this level but he might be a nice surprise. I still intend to swap in Bruno and Maguire at some point, which would actually free up some money.

That's my final team. Dunno why I was so determined to replace Rice, he will probably score 6 this week.

jungledrums

Not much love for James Rodriguez in here. I reckon he could be a good shout - what say the caf?

Maluco

Feck it. I just spent ages trying to swap Rice for a 5m midfielder that I feel strongly about and could find feck all. Ended up swapping him for Stuart Dallas and switching to 442.

Maybe you shouldn't pick players you like in real life; but Dallas is a cracking player for NI, totally unproven at this level but he might be a nice surprise. I still intend to swap in Bruno and Maguire at some point, which would actually free up some money.

That's my final team. Dunno why I was so determined to replace Rice, he will probably score 6 this week.
If you had faith in West Ham and wanted to keep a CM, I would have considered Soucek. He is a big guy and looked a real threat from set pieces at the end of the season.

I only took him out because west hams fixtures are tough for the first 5 game weeks or so.

I think there are quite a few 4.5 million mids that will get on the pitch. I am going to take a punt on one because it really opens up the team and my options.

Maluco

Not much love for James Rodriguez in here. I reckon he could be a good shout - what say the caf?
I had him in for ages and think he could well be a bargain. He is at that awkward price though where he denies you another premium player, so you have to hope both him, and whoever you downgrade to does the business.

Him and Son instead of Salah and and a 4.5 mid could be a real winner though.

Edit: I was done until I read this :lol:

Last edited:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Areola - Nyland
TAA - Saliba - Koch - Mitchell - N.Williams
Aubameyang - Salah - Greenwood - Soucek - Romeu
Aguero - Werner - Rodrigo

My problem

Keep Aguero, Aubameyang & Soucek or bring in Fernandes, Son & Jimenez :nervous:
You're really going to struggle on week 1, with Greenwood and Aguero not playing.

RashyForPM

Combination of guaranteed points and bargain basement punts for me this year.

Ryan / McCarthy
TAA / Bernardo / Douglas / Justin / Vinagre
Auba / Salah / Saka / Saint-Maximin / Romeu
Werner / Kane / Antonio

I think people are underestimating Kane. I know he traditionally starts slow but his initial 8 fixtures are excellent and he finished last season well. I couldn't pass up on him for 10.5.

Expecting to bring in a United player next week, then swap Auba for De Bruyne in GW3 (like I assume everyone is).
No doubt. People talking like Mitrovic, Ings, Wilson etc are better options due to lower prices, but they’re not. Kane is a cert to plunder loads of goals.

Needless to say, I have him in my team, which means he won’t plunder loads of goals :lol: