Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arsenal are the league's most pointless team. So fecking useless.

I desperately need arsenal to score but I've already resigned to the fact that they won't.
I have two City defenders, so if Arsenal aren't going to take points of City, they might as well keep a cleany.

My leader has 3 City defence, but has benched two.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What are people’s thoughts on a good number of DGW players??

Obviously 14 and the ability to play the BB is ideal.

Currently got 7/8 but can make that 8/9 with a FT. Would allow me to keep all of bonus cards that I’m currently thinking might help me further down the line where less people have them available

EDIT - my team might help to answer.

Currently playing the following (bolded players are my probable starting XI:
Mendy/Forster
Coufal/Stones/Cancelo/Digne/Mitchell
Raphinha/Son/Fernandes/Soucek/JWP
Werner/Bamford/Antonio
Personally?

I don't know what situation would be better than a busy double game week, so dont see point in keeping chips for later.

I've got 11 DGWs next week already (as built team with that in mind over last few weeks). With FTs, I can make it 12 and may (MAY) take a -4 to make it 13.

Yes, you'll have your chips for later but some players next week could be getting huge points totals. Villa, Leicester, Liverpool, City, Everton, Spurs (* managed by the bus conductor*) all have at least one 'good' fixture plus another game.

At the very minimum (and you say you've got all your chips), use the WC to line up for next week and use the BB.

(And Mendy/Werner have United and Liverpool as DGW. Not the best?

And your two WH players have City.

Put it another way, some players will have 28 games (14 DGWs), you've got 18? And 6 of them are v tough?)

Last edited:
So, do you already ditching Grealish?
I don't have him but was thinking of putting him in next week - not now obviously.

But it I did, he'd be out. Sounds like weekS so can't carry players? I've got Son and Kane and the ONLY reason they're still in is because of the DGW. I really thought Jose would see their merits and how to play a team to get the best of them... I should have known better :mad:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This must be one of worst wildcards ever. Ditched Rash for Grealish, ditched Cavani for DLC, captained Bamford, replaced Dave for Martinez, Maddison injured (?), ditched Burnley defence for Creswell.....ffs. all went to shit

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mahrez needs to stop playing like he's on a personal wanderlust and play Gundo in!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't have him but was thinking of putting him in next week - not now obviously.

But it I did, he'd be out. Sounds like weekS so can't carry players? I've got Son and Kane and the ONLY reason they're still in is because of the DGW. I really thought Jose would see their merits and how to play a team to get the best of them... I should have known better :mad:
Son and Kane are in my team from day one. And i will never replace them. Spurs will find their form.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Got to really. A month in a packed schedule could be 6 games missed.

The double week makes a -4 worthwhile too.

One of the Leicester boys looks a good call.
So you believe to BBC, not manager? Hm....yeah, i will bring Barnes in. You don't think about Greenwood? Come on, anybody?? Mason? No?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So you believe to BBC, not manager? Hm....yeah, i will bring Barnes in. You don't think about Greenwood? Come on, anybody?? Mason? No?
I certainly don't believe their manager no. He didn't give any hint Grealish was even a doubt for the weekend, despite it being known by Thursday.

I would take his "probably out for Leeds" as being an absolute certainty he'll be out for that and a few weeks more.

Don't fancy Greenwood at all. He might well not even start both.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Had set up up so I could do Ings > Kane (TC) for free this week but Spurs' dire form makes that seem less than attractive atm.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't get past the way they play... Joseball.

I'll probably keep Kane (nearer the goal, pens) but likely Son goes.
Sounds safest to me.

If there were way fewer teams with doubles, then Son/Kane coverage would be essential.

But with 14 teams having doubles, and the pair of them costing 20m, with Bruno/Salah/Man City also having doubles, it's hard to justify the wad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I can't get past the way they play... Joseball.

I'll probably keep Kane (nearer the goal, pens) but likely Son goes.
I am looking at it like this. They are defensive so in any goal scored there is huge chance that one of them will be included. If not both. But agree with you, if they keep playing this bad, Son will go. Kane is Kane

Sounds safest to me.

If there were way fewer teams with doubles, then Son/Kane coverage would be essential.

But with 14 teams having doubles, and the pair of them costing 20m, with Bruno/Salah/Man City also having doubles, it's hard to justify the wad.
Yip. The price is another factor.

Could swap Son and Kane for DCL and Salah.

Normally I'd do it (given form) but Spurs fixture list is soooo appealing

I am looking at it like this. They are defensive so in any goal scored there is huge chance that one of them will be included. If not both. But agree with you, if they keep playing this bad, Son will go. Kane is Kane
Yes.... normally. Because of the way they used to attack, so much went through one/both of them.

But as today showed, not always and not now. Goal didn't and Bale closer to another than them.

So, right now, they're c£21m of average (Son has 27 in 8 weeks, 10 in 1 of them... that's £5m squad fodder return)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes.... normally. Because of the way they used to attack, so much went through one/both of them.

But as today showed, not always and not now. Goal didn't and Bale closer to another than them.

So, right now, they're c£21m of average (Son has 27 in 8 weeks, 10 in 1 of them... that's £5m squad fodder return)
When you put it like that...man, I hate you. Now i am considering buying Rashford. For 6th time :lol: . I am not even sure will he want to sign for me after me selling him so many times

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shame for the slightest hopes of United catching City, but great for fantasy, Stones 6 & Dias 7 today.
League leader benching double City defence :)

Nickosaur

Looking like a really poor week for me, and yet so far not many of my ML rivals have really benefitted either.
More gutted that I'll probably slip out of the top 50k after today's games.

Paul_Scholes18

So far 0 attacking returns in my 11. Still 3 Leeds and Bruno left to make sure I get over 50 points at least.

When you put it like that...man, I hate you. Now i am considering buying Rashford. For 6th time :lol: . I am not even sure will he want to sign for me after me selling him so many times
I've already got Rashford (and Bruno) - hoping he's played centrally tonight. The plan was Son goes and Grealish in, but that's kyboshed. Might have to be Salah... trying to avoid Liverpool players.

36 with two United and 3 Leeds games to go. Top score in our league is 40! I'll be happy with 60 this week.

Paul_Scholes18

What would be the ideal midfield for the double? Bruno, Salah, Gundogan, Barnes, Grealish or maybe Sterling, KDB in?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't believe we can't even keep a home cleany v Newcastle now!

And ridiculously, Maguire got an assist for Rashy's goal! That's a spawny assist.

Paul_Scholes18

What a disaster. No points and City win again and we are 1-1 vs Newcastle.

So many teams in poor attacking form at the moment.

The best defensive sides after Man City right now are Fulham and Brighton and I have no player from them.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Probably been my worst week in ages.

Lowton 6 and Stones 6 have been the highlights :lol:

The week has been made even worse by the Grealish injury.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back of my mind I was thinking about 2 in my top 10 who have Bruno captain.
Then quickly realised winning this game in real life is more important tonight!

1nil

Bruno will cost 15 mill next year - his numbers are out of this world. Reminds me of the days when you just select Ronaldo as captain as leave it be for a year

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Back of my mind I was thinking about 2 in my top 10 who have Bruno captain.
Then quickly realised winning this game in real life is more important tonight!
:lol:. My first thought was not "great 3-1". I was "why i captained Bamford ffs!!"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol:. My first thought was not "great 3-1". I was "why i captained Bamford ffs!!"
That's fantasy footy for you!

I've been at Old Trafford watching us smash someone 4-0 and been slightly irritated a rival had a certain player scoring before! Not great!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People are all talking about captaining Kane, but Bruno might not be a bad shout. Chelsea and Palace away aren't great fixtures, but he scores v most.