Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Gameweek 29 has only 5 games so a TC could be useful.
How? TC gets you as many extra points as your captain gets regardless of how many games there are. If you TC now in DGW and your captain gets 8 points in each game it's still better than if you captain in GW29 and he gets 12. Having two games gives you a far better chance of high points total than having just one, especially as some players have good doubles this week.

Unless all you care about is having a good score for one particular week compared to others. Then TC in GW29 might make sense. But it's only then and doesn't give you any benefit whatsoever for full season points total.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Would people prefer Lookman or Bertrand Traore?

Both play twice in 26 and then again in 29.

I'm leaning towards Traore because he may have another DGW in between 26 and 29.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
How? TC gets you as many extra points as your captain gets regardless of how many games there are. If you TC now in DGW and your captain gets 8 points in each game it's still better than if you captain in GW29 and he gets 12. Having two games gives you a far better chance of high points total than having just one, especially as some players have good doubles this week.

Unless all you care about is having a good score for one particular week compared to others. Then TC in GW29 might make sense. But it's only then and doesn't give you any benefit whatsoever for full season points total.
this isn't relevant at all
Yeah. You're both right. I don't know what I was thinking.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
BB and -8 with -Cresswell -Steer - Antonio, + Areola + DCL + 4.4 Def(Who) and hope Grealish plays second game or -Grealish + lookman instead of -cresswell
Or TC Kane

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Would people prefer Lookman or Bertrand Traore?

Both play twice in 26 and then again in 29.

I'm leaning towards Traore because he may have another DGW in between 26 and 29.
Just bloody pick one!

But you're right, highly likely that Villa v Everton goes into gw28. Not that it means Traore is guaranteed to play. I will bring in Grealish for Rashford that week though if he's fit by then.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just bloody pick one!

But you're right, highly likely that Villa v Everton goes into gw28. Not that it means Traore is guaranteed to play. I will bring in Grealish for Rashford that week though if he's fit by then.
I have. I picked Traore. Just looking for someone to make me feel better :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

That's what I like about these FPL threads. Nobody really wants advice. They just want someone to confirm they've made a good decision. :)

Traore is a great pick. You can expect a haul from him.
I really want solid advice on Peps rotation, but when someone claim a City player is nailed I do not trust them anyway ;).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That's what I like about these FPL threads. Nobody really wants advice. They just want someone to confirm they've made a good decision. :)

Traore is a great pick. You can expect a haul from him.
So true. But in all honesty, I did pick Traore over Lookman based on something someone said earlier.

Thanks for gassing me up with confidence though!

I really want solid advice on Peps rotation, but when someone claim a City player is nailed I do not trust them anyway ;).
Mate no one can give you advice on that. I doubt even city players know who is playing until they check BBC Sport one hour before the kick off.

Paul_Scholes18

So true. But in all honesty, I did pick Traore over Lookman based on something someone said earlier.

Thanks for gassing me up with confidence though!

Mate no one can give you advice on that. I doubt even city players know who is playing until they check BBC Sport one hour before the kick off.
I am totally lost this week about picking City players or not. Ederson is really boring unless he gets to take pens for some reason.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
feck!

Remember how I said last week Grealish may be injured and then ignored this myself and then it was true? I ignored my own advice and played him.

Now Mourinho just said Vinicius will play some games in the premier league because Kane can't play them all... Do I ignore this and TC Kane as planned?

feck you Mourinho :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I am totally lost this week about picking City players or not. Ederson is really boring unless he gets to take pens for some reason.
Mate with city it's all about the coverage game. Most will have two defenders and Gundo. If you want to play safe, just have these and then everyone will cheer/cry together.

If you're brave and need to catch points, get KDB.

Tarrou

feck!

Remember how I said last week Grealish may be injured and then ignored this myself and then it was true? I ignored my own advice and played him.

Now Mourinho just said Vinicius will play some games in the premier league because Kane can't play them all... Do I ignore this and TC Kane as planned?

I wouldn't worry, Vinicius is shite and they need the points

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I wouldn't worry, Vinicius is shite and they need the points
I hope so. Spurs playing shit and I'm TC on Kane because I thought he will definitely play 180 minutes and on pens.

Suddenly my knees are jerking as I hear the letters D.C.L. in my head :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Mate with city it's all about the coverage game. Most will have two defenders and Gundo. If you want to play safe, just have these and then receive will cheer/cry together.

If you're brave and need to catch points, get KDB.
I am stupidly on a free hit though. Should have just taken a -8/-12 and then TC instead.

Didn't want to sell too many single gameweek players, but I think it might still have been better.

Free hit is great, but I am not finding any hidden gems just for this week anyway.

Tarrou

I am stupidly on a free hit though. Should have just taken a -8/-12 and then TC instead.

Didn't want to sell too many single gameweek players, but I think it might still have been better.

Free hit is great, but I am not finding any hidden gems just for this week anyway.
Perreira might be worth looking at, he played right wing for Leicester in the last match

Paul_Scholes18

Perreira might be worth looking at, he played right wing for Leicester in the last match
I am getting him I think and Digne. It is the City slots that is the hardest thing.

I feel like going with no City is risky if they go big although if they get benched you miss out anyway.

Tarrou

I am getting him I think and Digne. It is the City slots that is the hardest thing.

I feel like going with no City is risky if they go big although if they get benched you miss out anyway.
If I was on a FH I'd take Edersen and Dias as the safest picks to get two games. Then the last pick you can gamble on, I'd probably go Sterling.

I currently have Dias, Cancelo and Gundogen and quite a high probability for rotation for the latter two.

Paul_Scholes18

If I was on a FH I'd take Edersen and Dias as the safest picks to get two games. Then the last pick you can gamble on, I'd probably go Sterling.

I currently have Dias, Cancelo and Gundogen and quite a high probability for rotation for the latter two.
Most seem to think that Dias is safe, but they could go Laporte and Stones again.

I can afford max Mahrez if I want a midfielder. KDB is otherwise tempting, but I think I stick with Salah, Bruno and Kane.

RedDevil@84

I haven't sold Grealish or Maddison expecting them to be back next week. Am I being stupid?

Not playing BB.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Mane maybe? No one has him.

I haven't sold Grealish or Maddison expecting them to be back next week. Am I being stupid?

Not playing BB.
Yes. Swap one. Hedge your bets.

Paul_Scholes18

Mane maybe? No one has him.

Yes. Swap one. Hedge your bets.
Yeah Mane over Salah might be worth a punt. In the reverse fixtures he did better.

Salah takes pens though and that is always a reason to stick with him.

Getting both and ignoring Kane is a bit tempting though. Not fully sold on Kane, but it is nice to spread your risk a bit.

Also Mahrez is teasing me, but I can't trust him at all. He can have a poor game and then get benched second game or he performs brilliantly in both games with 20+ points.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Grealish isnt confirmed yet I thought
"Jack won't be available for the game," Smith said, ahead of Leeds on Saturday (5.30pm). "The latest is he's still got a little bit of pain, not too much. As ever with Jack, whenever he's involved with anything, there's an awful lot of speculation.
"Now, I know I was a little bit vague last week because it's a bit of a strange injury and I can't speculate on something. I know, certainly, that a lot of people were speculating that he was going to be out for this amount of games, or weeks.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ews/jack-grealish-injury-villa-leeds-19920784

coolredwine

lameredboots
Both aren't playing this DGW. Grealish might make an appearance in the second game but Maddison is definitely out. Better to swap them out, unless you have decent players on the bench.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
feck!

FFS why would he say this? WHY?!?!?!