Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks a difficult week.

Grealish very likely won't play.
Dier was dropped, and surely doesn't weasel back in.

Can play Bamford and Coufal to avoid using a transfer. That's probably the best call - with Shaw as a starter to cover anyone else not playing.

That leaves it open between seeing about trying to get 7/8 for week 29, or using the free hit.

May be easier just using the FH to be honest.
Plenty of decent teams to get a strong 11 in for.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Maybe you should captain every week :lol:
He's playing quite high up though... Then again Dias just scored and he's always a threat on corners + he's a BPS magnet when they can keep a clean sheet. He's likely to play both games too seeing as he's only been rested once. If he plays both games he must be getting at least one clean sheet, I'd hope...

I'm tempted to do -8 and get KDB and Trossard in for Rashford and Gundogan. I won't even play Rashford this week and Trossard may get something against Leicester.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Alonso plays against the shit teams, and Chilwell against the good teams. Your chelsea defender may be benched for the good teams anyway, so I am considering Alonso in a few weeks time. Will have an ultra attacking set including Cancelo, Shaw, Digne and Dallas. Bound to get 3 starters from that
Yeah Tuchels said he wanted speed against both us and Liverpool.

It is still annoying though. You like to have nailed on players ideally.

Say Stones, Alonso and Cancelo can easily turn into 10 man squad hehe.

Dan_F

He's playing quite high up though... Then again Dias just scored and he's always a threat on corners + he's a BPS magnet when they can keep a clean sheet. He's likely to play both games too seeing as he's only been rested once. If he plays both games he must be getting at least one clean sheet, I'd hope...

I'm tempted to do -8 and get KDB and Trossard in for Rashford and Gundogan. I won't even play Rashford this week and Trossard may get something against Leicester.
I was looking at Trossard based on the good fixture in 29, but they’ve been so blunt offensively. Saka should be a good option, but Arteta seems to be following Pep in being a complete pain in the arse for rotation.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Martinez or McCarthy?

Aston Villa have Wolves, but Southampton have a double gameweek.
Martinez.

McCarthy can keep a clean against Sheffield but with the form they're in, Sheffield are probably the favourites there.

City can also hammer then so hard that he'll got 0 against them.

Then there's also the small fact that Forster played the last game and looked much better than McCarthy so he may not even play.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Martinez.

McCarthy can keep a clean against Sheffield but with the form they're in, Sheffield are probably the favourites there.

City can also hammer then so hard that he'll got 0 against them.

Then there's also the small fact that Forster played the last game and looked much better than McCarthy so he may not even play.
In which case, Martinez subs in :D

Or maybe I should just take Ederson for the GW?

Ludens the Red

Trying to work out who’ll play both games for city is fecking annoying.
Damn you pep. I’ve settled on Foden and made him captain cos he didn’t play either of the last two and he always seems to play against us. Watch him come on with nine minutes to go like he did back in the day :rolleyes:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Martinez or McCarthy?

Aston Villa have Wolves, but Southampton have a double gameweek.
Will McCarthy play though? Forster played the last league game.
Seems very uncertain to risk, as worst case is McCarthy only plays the second game and gets a 1 max.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Grealish to Lingard? Knowing that Grealish is definitely out tomorrow, but knowing that it's probably worth having Grealish for week 29 and Lingard doesn't play next week (playing us).

Doing this transfer would also mean having to bench one of Bamford or Raphina, although they have West Ham away which isn't easy this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

-8 to lose Gundo could be a horrible decision.
He's the top fantasy scout captain choice. Not that that means anything for certain, but it's a decent gage on people keen enough to be using an obsessive site like fantasy scout.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I was looking at Trossard based on the good fixture in 29, but they’ve been so blunt offensively. Saka should be a good option, but Arteta seems to be following Pep in being a complete pain in the arse for rotation.
The way Brighton have played offensively, if they at some point win a supposedly tough game 4-0 I won’t be shocked... they are creating tons of great chances. But 1 goal in 45 shots in their last 3 games.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I had a plan I was going to stick to but I feel nervous about but having West ham attacker Vs Leeds...

Worth swapping Bruno for JLingz? (Never did i think I'd ever type that :lol: )

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Grealish to Lingard? Knowing that Grealish is definitely out tomorrow, but knowing that it's probably worth having Grealish for week 29 and Lingard doesn't play next week (playing us).

Doing this transfer would also mean having to bench one of Bamford or Raphina, although they have West Ham away which isn't easy this year.
You're not selling this very well. I'd fancy Raphinha to atleast match JLingz this week. As you say Lingard will miss next week, while Grealish could be back for arguably the worst team in the league

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're not selling this very well. I'd fancy Raphinha to atleast match JLingz this week. As you say Lingard will miss next week, while Grealish could be back for arguably the worst team in the league
Yeah, I don't like the look of it to be honest. Although I'm not super convinced on double Leeds attack away at Wham. However, Leeds play in week 29, which if all goes to plan I have 7 for now, with 3 freebies to get it to ten...and then could potentially hold the free hit for week 33.

I'm hoping that Grealish will be back for week 29, and that Dier can weasel his way back into the mix too. Fantasy scout makes reference to Jose saying the Belgian Aldy can't be over played, yet has played the last 3...

I'm probably piling in with the below, with no transfer

Mendy
Stones, Dias, Dier
Salah, Bruno, Gundo (c), Raphina
Kane, Bamford, Watkins

Coufal as stong bench cover
Shaw as less so!

Obvs Salah or Kane could outscore Gundo, but Gundo will surely start at least 1 game, and could do something there.
You have to give the two gamer a chance I think.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Who would everyone chose out Foden or Mahrez?

Paul_Scholes18

Bamford, Antonio,Watkins or Kane(-4). Pick one of those options not to have for the next 4 games minimum.

Looking at the fixtures then I think selling Bamford make most sense, but keep in mind I have insane value in him.
Of course that value do not help if he is not going to perform.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bamford, Antonio,Watkins or Kane(-4). Pick one of those options not to have for the next 4 games minimum.

Looking at the fixtures then I think selling Bamford make most sense, but keep in mind I have insane value in him.
Of course that value do not help if he is not going to perform.
Tricky one there. Kane is the definite to keep.
But the other 3 are all very similar in output and cost.

If Grealish is out, probably Watkins to be honest. But as their manager is such an untruthful bast, we'll only find out week by week.

Paul_Scholes18

Tricky one there. Kane is the definite to keep.
But the other 3 are all very similar in output and cost.

If Grealish is out, probably Watkins to be honest. But as their manager is such an untruthful bast, we'll only find out week by week.
What makes me want to keep Watkins is that additional double they will get. No new info right if it is in 28 right?
If it is in like 35 I might as well sell him now and get Grealish or whoever I want when the time comes.

I think I sell Bamford since I got Raphinha too and think double up is a bit too much. It is nice for 29, and 30, but all other weeks i would max want to start with one Leeds attacker.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I can't do it. I can't go without Antonio this week.

Ben Crellin just said the likelihood of Everton v Villa in GW28 is 10% that's all I needed. DCL that donkey is out for Antonio.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It's a really difficult one, fecking Pep with his roullete. Think I might just toss a coin.
It’s infuriating. I want to captain Dias but city play 3 games in an 8 day span and then CL right after. I went with Gundo but have my vice on ederson just because he’s the only one I can say is nailed :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

It’s infuriating. I want to captain Dias but city play 3 games in an 8 day span and then CL right after. I went with Gundo but have my vice on ederson just because he’s the only one I can say is nailed :lol:
Yeah they might rotate 8-9 players potentially.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can't do it. I can't go without Antonio this week.

Ben Crellin just said the likelihood of Everton v Villa in GW28 is 10% that's all I needed. DCL that donkey is out for Antonio.
Yep, I'm probably doing the same.

I figure that even if Everton get that extra fixture it still just gives them the same number of games over the next few as West Ham anyway as the latter play in GW29. And Antonio just looks more dangerous atm.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yep, I'm probably doing the same.

I figure that even if Everton get that extra fixture it still just gives them the same number of games over the next few as West Ham anyway as the latter play in GW29. And Antonio just looks more dangerous atm.
Agreed. Plus, Everton not looking as free flowing as they did earlier in the season because of the absence of Hamez, so DCL isn't as useful because that donkey needs a lot of chances to put one away and he's not getting that without Hamez.

I originally got DCL as I thought he was having 2 DGWs, but in the end he had 1 DGW and completely flopped.

Antonio can punish a leaky Leeds but I have a gut feeling that the goals might come from a random player like Bowen. With that said, I have two kids and can't afford to have a heart attack during that game so needed to get Antonio in :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Was so pissed off with the midfield (and a few others), I was thinking of WCing as could make a good case for getting rid of 7 or 8 of them... and I'm a gambler by nature. But on reflection, some of them have positives (play in GW29 if picked, ok fixtures) and I really want Bruno and Rashford to do well and get the win/win.

So Barnes to Mount first, then Dier/Lowton to White/Rudiger next 2 wks.

(Martinez, Pickford
Dias, Stones, Konsa, White, Rudiger
Bruno, Son, KdB, Mount, Rapinha
Kane, Antonio, Adams

Would've been WC team).

Last edited:

Raredaredevil

I ended up having 81 points with my free-hit but disappointing return considering all my players had double game-week so it's just an average of 40 points, Salah is the most disappointing, captained him for both games but blank. Not sure whether to drop him now or wait till next gameweek as they are at home to Fulham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Last min consideration of Bruno to Son.

Bruno with City and a blank in next three....

Dan_F

Last min consideration of Bruno to Son.

Bruno with City and a blank in next three....
Depends if you can afford to get him back. It would be very risky to go without for the rest of the season.

I’m considering captaining Antonio again, last time it went completely wrong, but non of the options are especially appealing. The other option is Kane vs Crystal Palace, which is what I’m guessing my mini league leader will probably be doing.

Might be boring and cover that, considering I have a 20 point lead.