Fantasy Premier League 20/21

El-Manos

WC team:

Mendy / Forster
TAA Dias Rudiger Coady Shaw
Fernandes Lingard Jota Salah Mount
Kane Iheanacho Vydra

0 left in the bank
only have bench boost left after using this chip. I will bring in Son again next week for the double. Wanted to keep Ederson but got rid for Mendy to allow spending elsewhere.

Feels wrong having so little Man City cover and I want Maddison ideally too.....

Any pointers?

Paul_Scholes18

I get a strange feeling De Bruyne will be rested in this one, which hopefully means Gundo could play.

I might even consider a -4 to do Raphina, Ward P and either Pope or Richarlison to Jota, Lingard and Forster/Ichenacho.

Don't like -4s though, and still doesn't resolve the Son issue for week 32.
Richarlison I'm sort of loathe to lose as he missed a fair few chances too.
And while Forster will have a double, it might be better to deal with trimming the keeper values for the wildcard.

I'll probably risk being without Jota to be honest and do Ward P to Lingard. I did consider rucking Raphina off instead as Ward P has that double looming, but as he doesn't have a game in week 33 and I'd have 3 City and at least 2 Tottenham, that could become awkward quickly.

It's difficult as currently I have 2 Tott, and 3 City. That leaves me with 10 for week 33, but knowing I need Son in next week too.
Will have to take a -4 sometime soon I'm sure.
Yeah one reason I did keep Gundogan was for getting at least one more game from him. Now he got the rest last time which makes it harder as he is playing in CL.

Pep is probably going to play the same 11 next CL game or maybe bench Foden for Sterling or play Jesus. Thus you wonder who gets rested this time. I guess KDB make most sense to rest.
Then apart from him you could see rest from lots of others.

I just feel good to abandon Gundogan when the majority is and hopefully the one I replace him with plays a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah one reason I did keep Gundogan was for getting at least one more game from him. Now he got the rest last time which makes it harder as he is playing in CL.

Pep is probably going to play the same 11 next CL game or maybe bench Foden for Sterling or play Jesus. Thus you wonder who gets rested this time. I guess KDB make most sense to rest.
Then apart from him you could see rest from lots of others.

I just feel good to abandon Gundogan when the majority is and hopefully the one I replace him with plays a lot.
I just hope they get on with sorting those Everton and Villa doubles, as well as deciding if they're going to have a double in week 35 or 36 or not.
Those are critical to when playing the wildcard.

Because of that I think I'll stay safe and do a single transfer this week.
See what happens next week - does Jota get in and look good, does Son come through his double etc. Do Liverpool go out of Europe. A lot of stuff to weigh up.

Paul_Scholes18

I just hope they get on with sorting those Everton and Villa doubles, as well as deciding if they're going to have a double in week 35 or 36 or not.
Those are critical to when playing the wildcard.

Because of that I think I'll stay safe and do a single transfer this week.
See what happens next week - does Jota get in and look good, does Son come through his double etc. Do Liverpool go out of Europe. A lot of stuff to weigh up.
Agree waiting sounds like the best plan. I am just trying to bring in players that I am happy to play for the rest of the season if they stay fit.

Not fully sure about Iheanacho for that, but might hope he keeps on starting since he is cheap and Bamford, DCL do not have amazing fixtures.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
WC team:

Mendy / Forster
TAA Dias Rudiger Coady Shaw
Fernandes Lingard Jota Salah Mount
Kane Iheanacho Vydra

0 left in the bank
only have bench boost left after using this chip. I will bring in Son again next week for the double. Wanted to keep Ederson but got rid for Mendy to allow spending elsewhere.

Feels wrong having so little Man City cover and I want Maddison ideally too.....

Any pointers?
We've literally got the same team except that you have Dias and Mount whereas I have Konsa and Son.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've literally got the same team except that you have Dias and Mount whereas I have Konsa and Son.
This is why it's a great time of season to be holding a lead. A lot of teams are very "template" and any sudden emerging hot bed of form player is pounced on by all.

El-Manos

Dias is a must have imo, considering he does not get rotated. I'll have to transfer in Son next week. I'm not fully sure on the team but my current team definitely requires a wildcard.

current team:

Ederson Button
Digne Dias Targett Creswel lKilman
Fernandes Son Raphinha Mount Gundogan
Kane Bamford Calvert Lewin

Paul_Scholes18

Dias is a must have imo, considering he does not get rotated. I'll have to transfer in Son next week. I'm not fully sure on the team but my current team definitely requires a wildcard.

current team:

Ederson Button
Digne Dias Targett Creswel lKilman
Fernandes Son Raphinha Mount Gundogan
Kane Bamford Calvert Lewin
It is not that bad if your City players start, but I can understand using the wildcard. Could sell one Leeds as well for Lingard, Jota or Iheanacho maybe?

El-Manos

It is not that bad if your City players start, but I can understand using the wildcard. Could sell one Leeds as well for Lingard, Jota or Iheanacho maybe?
Definitely need to bring in Jota/Lingard. I could do a -4 now and safe my wildcard but I'm not sure that's a good idea? I'd bring in jota and Iheancho for Bam Bam & Raphinpha.

Paul_Scholes18

Definitely need to bring in Jota/Lingard. I could do a -4 now and safe my wildcard but I'm not sure that's a good idea? I'd bring in jota and Iheancho for Bam Bam & Raphinpha.
Yeah it might be better not to wait. Although you never know what might change.

I personally have little clue why there might be doubles or blanks near the end due to fans being back.

Just make little sense to me given that I think the cup semi finals will have fans too.

RedDevil@84

Once again. Is TAA a must have for rest of the season? His cost of 7.3M and his Liverpool's form/game makes it so hard to believe he will give good ROI

Dan_F

Once again. Is TAA a must have for rest of the season? His cost of 7.3M and his Liverpool's form/game makes it so hard to believe he will give good ROI
I don’t see it. With Nat Phillips at £4 million, you’re paying an extra 3.5 in the hope that he suddenly improves massively. What’s he got 4 or 5 attacking returns all season?

El-Manos

I don’t see it. With Nat Phillips at £4 million, you’re paying an extra 3.5 in the hope that he suddenly improves massively. What’s he got 4 or 5 attacking returns all season?
Does Phillips definitely start?

El-Manos

Yeah it might be better not to wait. Although you never know what might change.

I personally have little clue why there might be doubles or blanks near the end due to fans being back.

Just make little sense to me given that I think the cup semi finals will have fans too.
Makes sense. Not sure whether to keep ederson or to downgrade to mendy. Aguero might be worth a shout too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Only players to have created more chances than him over the last four matches are KDB, Bruno and Raphinha. Only one player has created more "big chances" over that period too. Same if you stretch it out to cover the last six matches. Top among defenders for xA and xGI over that period. Faces Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, West Brom, Burnley and Palace over his remaining games. Known to be capable of massive FPL returns. And as of last gameweek was only owned by approx 1% of the top 10k.

Given all that, backing him to improve in terms of attacking returns seems a good bet to me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Philips will start. Everything depends on whether you think the extra money is worth the potential attacking returns.

Also with TAA, it gives you flexibility. Philips does not.
Well it does and it doesn't.

Tying up an extra 3.4/3.5m could be argued to remove a lot of flexibility!

Having a 4m defender playing for the same team means you can utilise those funds elsewhere.

Just hope Shaw is fit for the weekend. Otherwise I'm down to 3 defenders with 2 of them at Pep risk.

I may well move for Phillips if Shaw is out, binning Dier off.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Well it does and it doesn't.

Tying up an extra 3.4/3.5m could be argued to remove a lot of flexibility!

Having a 4m defender playing for the same team means you can utilise those funds elsewhere.

Just hope Shaw is fit for the weekend. Otherwise I'm down to 3 defenders with 2 of them at Pep risk.

I may well move for Phillips if Shaw is out, binning Dier off.
I see, well that depends on if you spread the wealth.

Did Shaw get injured? I only saw the first half. I have him in my current WC draft :nervous:

Dan_F

Only players to have created more chances than him over the last four matches are KDB, Bruno and Raphinha. Only one player has created more "big chances" over that period too. Same if you stretch it out to cover the last six matches. Top among defenders for xA and xGI over that period. Faces Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, West Brom, Burnley and Palace over his remaining games. Known to be capable of massive FPL returns. And as of last gameweek was only owned by approx 1% of the top 10k.

Given all that, backing him to improve in terms of attacking returns seems a good bet to me.
A convincing argument to be fair. Doesn’t help that I’ve only watched them against Real recently.

That 3.5 million could easily mean the difference between having a Neto level player and having Son for a double.

One things for sure, it’s easier to have Salah/TAA and downgrade, than try to fit them in later.

RedDevil@84

Will it be OTT to play TAA (AVL), Shaw (TOT) and Dias (LEI) for the weekend. Coady (FUL) stays on bench.

Also

Iheenacho (vs WHU) vs Maddison (vs WHU) Vs Vydra (vs NEW)

Any opinions?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Will it be OTT to play TAA (AVL), Shaw (TOT) and Dias (LEI) for the weekend. Coady (FUL) stays on bench.

Also

Iheenacho (vs WHU) vs Maddison (vs WHU) Vs Vydra (vs NEW)

Any opinions?
I'm leaving Coady on the bench with Shaw, TAA and Rudiger starting. The logic being that without Boly, Wolves play 4 at the back and are therefore more liable to concede.

I wouldn't play Vydra from those as he is the least explosive and Burnley are shit going forward. Between the other two it's fair game. Maybe Madison will have minutes managed but I doubt it.

RedDevil@84

I'm leaving Coady on the bench with Shaw, TAA and Rudiger starting. The logic being that without Boly, Wolves play 4 at the back and are therefore more liable to concede.

I wouldn't play Vydra from those as he is the least explosive and Burnley are shit going forward. Between the other two it's fair game. Maybe Madison will have minutes managed but I doubt it.
My only motivation to play Vydra is that they are playing Newcastle

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
My only motivation to play Vydra is that they are playing Newcastle
True. But Newcastle played really well against Spurs and might be buoyed by that performance. But you never know, they were good against someone else when Callum Wilson was still fit and then got hammered the next game.

nickyboy1981

But the bullet on my WC as 2nd place in my main league has slowly chipped my lead down to 40 points.

Any tip/thoughts? I'm quite happy so far.

Ederson 6.1

Rudiger 4.7 Philips 4 Holding 4.2 Shaw 5

Lingard 6.3 Son 9.3 Jota 6.9 Salah 12.2(c) Fernandes 11

Kane 11.4

Forster 4 Vydra 4.8 Watkins 6.6 Konsa 4.6

0.5 banked, enough to get another Southampton/Everton player for the doubles if I save 2 transfers.

Bit dodgy with United and Spurs playing each other but I've learned my lesson after dropping Shaw v City.

ROFLUTION

Had a long hard think about my wildcard, and I'm going for key-players during all these rotation games where Europa League and CL plays its part.
Might seem a strange selection as to have 3 x Wolves players, but it's easier in my view to downgrade them, or just use the other relevant options if they don't kick on. Waiting with Jota until GW33 (Newcastle) as he might be rested for CL this GW.

Mendy
Holding - Christensen - Saiss - Coady - Phillips
Salah - Son - Neto - Bruno - Maddison
Vardy - Kane - Davis

Strategy: See if Wolves go back to defensive Wolves this GW, or attacking Wolves and act accordingly. Pick between this bunch for GW31+32, and sub in Schmeichel for Mendy in GW33 + Son out for GW33 (Jota probably in)
Then get Son back in for maybe Neto, for GW34 when Spurs become a good option + Take out Christensen or Saiss/Coady to afford Son. I wanted Lacazette in attack against Sheffield, but it's really hard to say if he plays as Arsenal have their eyes on Europa League I believe.

Seems strange to omit City players completely, but the rotational fears are a bit scary.

Nickosaur

feck just realised the deadline is tonight. I have so many question marks in my WC team.

What's confusing me the most right now is the potential DGW35.

I had used my WC with the intention of bench boosting in GW32 - using 3x Spurs players for their DGW, but also having a really strong bench that have excellent fixtures (Wolves v SHU, Leicester v WBA, West Ham v NEW, Utd v BUR, Chelsea v BHA... literally every player in my squad would have a fixture that you wouldn't want to bench them for!)

I'm now wondering if saving bench boost for DGW35 is the better option. But there is so much uncertainty, and with using my WC this week, I can have an expensive bench ready for bench boost next week, then start removing assets to get a better starting XI. Waiting until DGW35 to use those expensive bench options is a bit more of a headache...

Raredaredevil

The wildcard deadline is tonight?! Shite. So many decisions to make and I have no idea how to use it. I finished with 40 points for last game week which isn't that bad considering I had 3 main team players who lost in a game they didn't contribute.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Where has anyone said the wildcard deadline is tonight?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd say Grealish is very likely to be out for the season looking at these quotes from "Honest Smith"

Smith: "Myself and Jack were quite optimistic to get him back a little bit sooner than he probably should and he’s had a setback that will probably put him back at least a couple of weeks. We'll see how he is but it's unlikely he'll be back for a few weeks."

Smith on Grealish: "He was really good in training, but he couldn’t tolerate the loading. It’s a loading injury and we have to de-load him over the next couple of weeks and get him back from there. We know it’s not a long-term injury and he will be back."

Smith on Grealish: "We all, Jack included, probably pushed him back a little bit too quickly. He wanted to get back, we wanted him to get back and he had a little setback. He will be back before the end of the season."

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'd say Grealish is very likely to be out for the season looking at these quotes from "Honest Smith"

Smith: "Myself and Jack were quite optimistic to get him back a little bit sooner than he probably should and he’s had a setback that will probably put him back at least a couple of weeks. We'll see how he is but it's unlikely he'll be back for a few weeks."

Smith on Grealish: "He was really good in training, but he couldn’t tolerate the loading. It’s a loading injury and we have to de-load him over the next couple of weeks and get him back from there. We know it’s not a long-term injury and he will be back."

Smith on Grealish: "We all, Jack included, probably pushed him back a little bit too quickly. He wanted to get back, we wanted him to get back and he had a little setback. He will be back before the end of the season."
Everyone, drop Watkins that useless bum :lol:

RedDevil@84

I got duped by this liar. I kept Grealish on the bench for weeks together. Feel so stupid.

Dan_F

Had a long hard think about my wildcard, and I'm going for key-players during all these rotation games where Europa League and CL plays its part.
Might seem a strange selection as to have 3 x Wolves players, but it's easier in my view to downgrade them, or just use the other relevant options if they don't kick on. Waiting with Jota until GW33 (Newcastle) as he might be rested for CL this GW.

Mendy
Holding - Christensen - Saiss - Coady - Phillips
Salah - Son - Neto - Bruno - Maddison
Vardy - Kane - Davis

Strategy: See if Wolves go back to defensive Wolves this GW, or attacking Wolves and act accordingly. Pick between this bunch for GW31+32, and sub in Schmeichel for Mendy in GW33 + Son out for GW33 (Jota probably in)
Then get Son back in for maybe Neto, for GW34 when Spurs become a good option + Take out Christensen or Saiss/Coady to afford Son. I wanted Lacazette in attack against Sheffield, but it's really hard to say if he plays as Arsenal have their eyes on Europa League I believe.

Seems strange to omit City players completely, but the rotational fears are a bit scary.
That’s a lot of planned transfers. It very rare that it’ll actually work out that way.

I’m going for Mount over Neto, but mainly to cover someone in my mini league and Wolves look dire offensively. I’m steering clear of Laca and Son for the same reason.

All you can do is have a decent enough bench to cover a bit of rotation. Can you not get David up to Vydra, who seems to start every week?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok chaps - initial thought was immediately to bring Lingard in.

But i'm just pondering a few things now, and instead weighing up a double Liverpool in.

Of Phillips and Jota in for Dier and Ward Prowse for free

What do we think?
Liverpool are starting to look better in the league, and Leicester will be a tough game for Lingard.
Plus Dier has been dead weight for about 6 weeks now, and very likely doesn't play in their double, and then has no game week 33.

Bringing Jota in also allows a potential switch of Salah to Son for his double next week, whilst keeping the Liverpool attacking coverage.

Defensive wise, i'd need to decide which TWO of these 5 to bench.
Stones-Dias-Shaw-Coufal-Philips

Every chance Pep benches Stones anyway, and Shaw is doubtful and has a tough game, so potentially those 2.

But any thoughts chaps?

Paul_Scholes18

Ok chaps - initial thought was immediately to bring Lingard in.

But i'm just pondering a few things now, and instead weighing up a double Liverpool in.

Of Phillips and Jota in for Dier and Ward Prowse for free

What do we think?
Liverpool are starting to look better in the league, and Leicester will be a tough game for Lingard.

Bringing Jota in also allows a potential switch of Salah to Son for his double next week, whilst keeping the Liverpool attacking coverage.

Defensive wise, i'd need to decide which TWO of these 5 to bench.
Stones-Dias-Shaw-Coufal-Philips

Every chance Pep benches Stones anyway, and Shaw is doubtful and has a tough game, so potentially those 2.

But any thoughts chaps?
Yeah my personal thinking is Jota in for Gundogan. Long term it should work, but there is the risk that Jota becomes a bench player most of the time.
Lingard vs Newcastle is tempting and if not for Kane TC I would captain him that week I think.

Also if Liverpool sadly qualify in Champions league then that might make him a worse pick potentially.

I could also bring TAA back in for Dallas and bet that Gundogan play this game. Still not fully sold on TAA though so would rather wait a week and see if I go for Shaw instead.
Been thinking about Shaw vs TAA for so long and I have got it totally wrong so far.

Nickosaur

If you had the following team in gameweek 32, would you play bench boost? This is what my current WC team is looking like.

Lloris: eve, SOU
Schmeichel: WBA
Rudiger: BHA
Azpilicueta: BHA
Shaw: BUR
Coady: SHU
Dias: avl
Son: eve, SOU
Fernandes: BUR
Lingard: new
Jota: AVL
Neto: SHU
Kane (C): eve, SOU
Iheanacho: WBA
Lacazette: FUL

Fantastic fixtures everywhere - I'm just concerned about the Chelsea players and Lacazette, and how the European fixtures will impact their minutes.

Paul_Scholes18

If you had the following team in gameweek 32, would you play bench boost? This is what my current WC team is looking like.

Lloris: eve, SOU
Schmeichel: WBA
Rudiger: BHA
Azpilicueta: BHA
Shaw: BUR
Coady: SHU
Dias: avl
Son: eve, SOU
Fernandes: BUR
Lingard: new
Jota: AVL
Neto: SHU
Kane (C): eve, SOU
Iheanacho: WBA
Lacazette: FUL

Fantastic fixtures everywhere - I'm just concerned about the Chelsea players and Lacazette, and how the European fixtures will impact their minutes.
I would go with another forward than Lacazette if you want to reduce risk.

Could there not be future big double gameweek to come? Might give a better time to use it?