Fantasy Premier League 20/21

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hope Vardy/Iheanacho don't play a minute tomorrow. Mason with 15 points is my 1st sub

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hope Vardy/Iheanacho don't play a minute tomorrow. Mason with 15 points is my 1st sub
The absolute friggery would you not start Greenwood at home to Burnley when Martial is injured!? When would you start him?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A non Watkins Villa goal tonight would be the best outcome for me today.
Ideally in a 1-1 with some noone has like Jesus scoring the City goal.

Don't fancy my chances!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The absolute friggery would you not start Greenwood at home to Burnley when Martial is injured!? When would you start him?!
Kane and Son had doubles.
Iheanacho and Vardy vs WBA
Lingard in that form
Jota and Salah vs Leeds
Plus our record vs Burnley at home has been terrible and Greenwood isn't a cert starter

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
WOW McGinn 1st min goal. Killed my rival's double City cleany in 30seconds. Beautiful!

Shame Watkins assist but I will take this.
Blow the whistle ref, that'll do us, for the title race too ;)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane and Son had doubles.
Iheanacho and Vardy vs WBA
Lingard in that form
Jota and Salah vs Leeds
Plus our record vs Burnley at home has been terrible and Greenwood isn't a cert starter
Just a cruel decision then pal.
Jota v Greenwood really wasn't it. And could have gone either way. Ruining your enjoyment of United the big drawback! Nothing worse than your player scoring for your real team and not being able to enjoy it!!

Dan_F

Man, Watkins is going to kill me in my mini league if he scores, but please make it happen :cool:

RedDevil@84

My ML rival with Watkins, Stones and Gundogan. Need Ihenacho and Pereira to play well to make up for it.

Schneiderman

Stones red and Gundo yellow all in that, give me a break. Oh well, let's go Villa (but not Watkins)!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh baby tonight is going well.

Wycombe win in the 93rd min with a pen from our 38year old striker.
City concede, and Stones off :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I was pissed when Mendy didn't play and neither did Forster plus have Coady 7 on bench.

Luckily villa conceded, Martinez barely made any saves, city conceded and stones sent off.

Worked out even in the end.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shame Watkins got a 5 pointer, but I'll take that when Dias, Stones and Martinez combined racked up...one point!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Now, tomorrow, either need Ian Nacho to go apesh!T goal crazy, or Johnstone to go save crazy and cleany it up!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Miraculous last few games to stay up?
I think it's set for glorious failure to be honest.

We were leading Swansea 2-0 in the last game and drew 2-2, and leading Luton 1-0 before a red turned that game. Tantalising seeing where we could have been with those games. See if we can win the next one.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
They'll both play with Maddison behind I reckon and they better bring me in some juicy points.

Ben is wavering on the schedule. He's now dropped to 70% certain on the below....

Sticking to the plan here. FH33, carry 2 transfers into 35.

Dan_F

They'll both play with Maddison behind I reckon and they better bring me in some juicy points.

Ben is wavering on the schedule. He's now dropped to 70% certain on the below....

Sticking to the plan here. FH33, carry 2 transfers into 35.
My mini league rival has FH left and I’d be delighted if he used it this week. Unless you’re loaded with blank players, I don’t see why you wouldn’t wait on potential doubles.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My mini league rival has FH left and I’d be delighted if he used it this week. Unless you’re loaded with blank players, I don’t see why you wouldn’t wait on potential doubles.
A) because they're not very good
B) because I've got 7 doublers already

As always the danger with dgw's is ignoring the good single fixtures like Liverpool v Southampton.

Also what players can you guarantee will play both games?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Similar thoughts with a rival who still has his wildcard and BB.
Really hope he blunders in and uses the wildcard this week. Hopefully there won't be any announcement on doubles before Friday and he's not trawling fantasy scout and stuff.
Another Friday gameweek start helps that.

In fairness, the doubles aren't great, as Palace aside, who you'd probably not touch anyway, all doubles include one tough game.
Throw in rotation risk from the Chelsea lot (and others no doubt) and it's no given.

I've potentially for 5 doublers without planning for it, if Holding keeps his place and Forster gets his back. And I'll keep 3 free transfers back to try and cover people as best as possible.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A) because they're not very good
B) because I've got 7 doublers already

As always the danger with dgw's is ignoring the good single fixtures like Liverpool v Southampton.

Also what players can you guarantee will play both games?
Chelsea's double comes in the middle of their euro semi as well.
And City don't even have a double.

Three Liverpool could well be a better call than say bring in a Villa defender who concedes in both games etc.

However, like with Son, you have to try and cover the big risk players.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Chelsea's double comes in the middle of their euro semi as well.
And City don't even have a double.

Three Liverpool could well be a better call than say bring in a Villa defender who concedes in both games etc.

However, like with Son, you have to try and cover the big risk players.
Already realised that and edited City out. ;)

I'm not saying go with no double players I'm just saying it doesn't look a great one to load up on. Hell I'll probably remove Alonso for someone like PVA who is more nailed and has better fixtures with my free transfer.

I'll certainly want Liverpool v Southampton, Lingard v Everton and Spurs attack v Leeds which seems a good balance to me.

On paper I've got a GW35 team as

Martinez (United & Villa)
Dias (Chelsea) or Dallas (Spurs)
PVA (Saints & Sheffield United)
Digne (West Ham & Villa)
Jota (Saints)
JWP (Liverpool & Palace)
Bruno (Villa & Leicester)
Lingard (Everton)
Kane (Leeds)
Vardy (Newcastle & United)
Nacho (Newcastle & United)

Subs : Areola, Dallas/Dias, Reguillon, Son

I mean I could bring in another dgw defender as well tbh with my second FT but I want to bin both Vardy and Bruno in 36 for Salah and DCL/Bamford.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I'm not saying go with no double players I'm just saying it doesn't look a great one to load up on. Hell I'll probably remove Alonso for someone like PVA who is more nailed and has better fixtures with my free transfer.

I'll certainly want Liverpool v Southampton, Lingard v Everton and Spurs attack v Leeds which seems a good balance to me.

Digne (West Ham & Villa)
Jota (Saints)
JWP (Liverpool & Palace)
Lingard (Everton)
Kane (Leeds)

I mean I could bring in another dgw defender as well tbh with my second FT but I want to bin both Vardy and Bruno in 36 for Salah and DCL/Bamford.
Looks a decent outing.
I'm going to try and slink through this gameweek without a transfer, and then have 2 freebies, and maybe use 3 for a -4 and utilise a bit of Son's value to do mine.
Might go crawling back to DCL if he's proven fit by then, but can't always plan too far ahead in this game.

I'm still marveling that I shipped out Dias-Stones-Gundo, and feared the worst when all 3 started last night, and then watched them combine for ONE point.
Truly amazing!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Looks a decent outing.
I'm going to try and slink through this gameweek without a transfer, and then have 2 freebies, and maybe use 3 for a -4 and utilise a bit of Son's value to do mine.
Might go crawling back to DCL if he's proven fit by then, but can't always plan too far ahead in this game.

I'm still marveling that I shipped out Dias-Stones-Gundo, and feared the worst when all 3 started last night, and then watched them combine for ONE point.
Truly amazing!
Yeah just a shame they actually won. Real life > FPL (just).

Dan_F

Digne (West Ham & Villa)
Jota (Saints)
JWP (Liverpool & Palace)
Lingard (Everton)
Kane (Leeds)

Nah you’re pretty well set up. My mini league rival isn’t like that. I’ve already got 5 doublers, but 4 of them are likely to blank after, so I need to look at what I’m going to do there.

Is there any news on Cresswell? I’m tempted to lose him for Digne this week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Nah you’re pretty well set up. My mini league rival isn’t like that. I’ve already got 5 doublers, but 4 of them are likely to blank after, so I need to look at what I’m going to do there.

Is there any news on Cresswell? I’m tempted to lose him for Digne this week.
Cool. Another factor for me is I don't want a load of Liverpool v United players when we play in 34 so FH33 allows me to dodge that fixture and keep Son for Sheffield United (he'd be the make weight for Salah). Like you say though, everyones team is different. I've kept mine flexible enough to go either way.

Re: Cresswell - Moyes has given nothing away but ExWHUEmployee on Twitter who seems a genuine itk initially said 3 weeks. Take it with a pinch of salt though as with everything on Twitter.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah just a shame they actually won. Real life > FPL (just).
Yeah, the game was decently set up at 2-1 up but with 10men. But Villa absolutely made a dreadful hash of that, and Cash, with some absolutely dumbass behaviour to get a booking and then lunge in ludicrously, in an area of the pitch with zero real danger.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Apparently Jota was not pictured in Liverpool training today. Even better as a FH33 zealot.

Now to decide between Mane and Robertson as a replacement.

I really like the idea of going for it with..

Sanchez
TAA Dunk Robertson
Salah Greenwood Bruno Maddison
Vardy Nacho Watkins

Subs: Martinez, Trossard, Saiss, Coady

Surely it doesn't get any better than Newcastle and Sheffield United as a defensive banker. The beauty of that defence is they can get attacking points as well. Maddison on set pieces v Palace too instead of Castagne.

A Mane team is also very doable but might need to have Davis on the bench instead. No Watkins, Martinez and probably start a Wolves defender.

I only need a few of those players to go big. Preferably the differentials.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Johnstone looks a dreadful choice of keeper over Sanchez at that 4.5m price point now. Oh well.

Nacho scored again, should have had 2. Got on him late, but better late than never.