Fantasy Premier League 20/21

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Don't take a hit for a defender. Ride it out till you can make a free transfer.
If you have subs, use them. That's what they're there for. Taking a hit should be the last resort.
I now have four players (Saliba, Vinagre, Stephens at Brighton, some shit striker) on my bench who haven’t played. The latter two were write-offs so I needed the first two to be rotation options/ start at least ever other game.

Options now as I see them;
A) Change my plan to bring in Martial in GW2/ KDB in GW3 and transfer out one of the defenders instead.
B) Wildcard.

I’d rather save the WC but it’s maybe the better move for now...

Mcking

Vinagre's price could drop pretty quickly and I really need a Wolves defender. I was considering bringing in Martial for Ings, but not sure if I should bring in another defender now and trust Ings instead. At least I will have Lascelles points as consolation.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Vinagre's price could drop pretty quickly and I really need a Wolves defender. I was considering bringing in Martial for Ings, but not sure if I should bring in another defender now and trust Ings instead. At least I will have Lascelles points as consolation.
Impulsively took out Ings and put in Jimminez. Might swap Delle Alli for Everton James soon (I want his hair really badly, I'm jealous of his hair and I have hair of my own fyi lol).

But why is the Vinagrette bottle price going to drop pretty quickly? Did the scoundrel not play today?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Another edit:

McCarthy / Nyland
Digne / Tierney / Castagne / Dallas / Mitchell
Auba / KDB / Fernandes / Rodriguez / Grealish
DCL / Watkins / Brewster

Watkins is a punt if he starts well. Not many choices at that price. Brewster is fodder hoping for loan. Lowish ownership so shouldn’t drop that much. Obviously going 451 most of the time and always 5 mids.

Mcking

Impulsively took out Ings and put in Jimminez. Might swap Delle Alli for Everton James soon (I want his hair really badly, I'm jealous of his hair and I have hair of my own fyi lol).

But why is the Vinagrette bottle price going to drop pretty quickly? Did the scoundrel not play today?
He was benched. Wolves kept a cleansheet without him, and Numo isn't exactly famous for rotation.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What happened with Pulisic? I thought he was expected to play a part? Not even in the squad?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What happened with Pulisic? I thought he was expected to play a part? Not even in the squad?
Lampard unleashing the inner Pep.

Another edit:

McCarthy / Nyland
Digne / Tierney / Castagne / Dallas / Mitchell
Auba / KDB / Fernandes / Rodriguez / Grealish
DCL / Watkins / Brewster

Watkins is a punt if he starts well. Not many choices at that price. Brewster is fodder hoping for loan. Lowish ownership so shouldn’t drop that much. Obviously going 451 most of the time and always 5 mids.
What is the thinking behind getting players like this?

The teams that were interested got reinforcements (Wilson, Batshuayi, Watkins), he won't play for Liverpool and even if he does get a transfer (to feck knows who), it's not like he's a Defoe who can walk straight into the first team of lower table teams.

He'll literally will waste a slot in your team. You're better off getting bench options that will at least play, especially with Covid.

Paul_Scholes18

Lamptey looking really good as a wingback. Might bring him in straight away for Vinagre. Although Brightons defense is a worry though even in easier games.

Sarni

Lampard unleashing the inner Pep.

What is the thinking behind getting players like this?

The teams that were interested got reinforcements (Wilson, Batshuayi, Watkins), he won't play for Liverpool and even if he does get a transfer (to feck knows who), it's not like he's a Defoe who can walk straight into the first team of lower table teams.

He'll literally will waste a slot in your team. You're better off getting bench options that will at least play, especially with Covid.
There are no strikers at £4.5m with even remote chance of playing. They start at £5.5m with Bamford and even then I’m not convinced he will be starting once Rodrigo is settled, plus that would require me to make two sacrifices elsewhere as I don’t have funds. He will literally be the last guy on the bench every single week.

I will move Tierney out after GW2 due to his schedule and will get a Wolves defender as their schedule will be much better. Probably Coady or Saiss.

I would rather take a hit to replace injured player than a) regret keeping a forward on the bench on the week he scored, b) potentially make three significant downgrades in order to have a good 15th player, c) have a dilemma who to start every week. I already can’t figure out who to leave out next week.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
There are no strikers at £4.5m with even remote chance of playing. They start at £5.5m with Bamford and even then I’m not convinced he will be starting once Rodrigo is settled, plus that would require me to make two sacrifices elsewhere as I don’t have funds. He will literally be the last guy on the bench every single week.

I will move Tierney out after GW2 due to his schedule and will get a Wolves defender as their schedule will be much better. Probably Coady or Saiss.

I would rather take a hit to replace injured player than a) regret keeping a forward on the bench on the week he scored, b) potentially make three significant downgrades in order to have a good 15th player, c) have a dilemma who to start every week. I already can’t figure out who to leave out next week.
Isn't Bamford and 4.5 defender the better option?

Sarni

Isn't Bamford and 4.5 defender the better option?
Bamford who will seldom get into my first XI and downgrade Tierney or Castagne to a Justin or Lamptey who will have to play a lot more because I got to have at least 3 defenders and I already have Dallas and Mitchell? Don’t think I’m going to be favorable on that. None of those 4.5 defenders are really that appealing when you consider Vinagre didn’t even play today and Justin will go to bench the minute Pereira returns. Taylor and two Leeds guys are appealing.

Mcking

Can someone please talk me out of bringing in Martial for Ings. I'm so tempted, but I need to keep that free transfer. Agony for me here.

Paul_Scholes18

Can someone please talk me out of bringing in Martial for Ings. I'm so tempted, but I need to keep that free transfer. Agony for me here.
I am tempted to bring in Martial too. Although Palace is no easy game. Might not be ideal for him. Mourinho side at the moment look decent for a striker.

Dan_F

Most of the first team haven’t played any kind of pre season. We struggled against Palace a few months ago. Is that enough?

That said I brought in Martial for Ings this week :D

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Bamford who will seldom get into my first XI and downgrade Tierney or Castagne to a Justin or Lamptey who will have to play a lot more because I got to have at least 3 defenders and I already have Dallas and Mitchell? Don’t think I’m going to be favorable on that. None of those 4.5 defenders are really that appealing when you consider Vinagre didn’t even play today and Justin will go to bench the minute Pereira returns. Taylor and two Leeds guys are appealing.
The cheapies aren't all about your starting 11. There will be times when someone from you main 11 doesn't play, like Pulisic today. That's when you need your bench players coming in. Although if you want to put Brewster at the 3rd sub spot, I guess that's not too bad but his 4.5 price tag gives you no wiggle room. At least with Bamford, moving up to a 6.5 Wilson or 6 Watkins is quite easy. Brewster will give you no options.

In terms of 4.5 defenders, I have Taylor and Dallas, both I think will come good. Justin is an ok pick for now, as is Ayling, Lamptey or even KWP (despite the last game). Vinagre always had a huge chance not to play, which is why a lot of people dropped him...

hubbuh

There is always someone you had or had in your plans that will mess with you outside your team.
Oh for sure. It always stings a little more when you had them for ages only to swap them out on game day for someone that does nothing, while original plan A goes on to score. Particularly a defender!

Paul_Scholes18

Oh for sure. It always stings a little more when you had them for ages and only to swap them out on game day for someone that does nothing, while they score. Particularly a defender!
I was not sure about Reece James starting so didn't consider him much. Although put Vinagre in who didn't play. I guess I didn't follow my own principles with that one.

Maureen-yo

Palace are ridiculously defensive against the bigger clubs and will look to play purely on the break.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
You win some you lose some.

Had Castagne (14), Justin (8) and Lascelles (6?) as my options and were in my team at one point.

But i also brought and Captained Salah for Mane and Aubamayang in for Rashford/Bruno (knowing id get no points so would need my bench).

So over all im happy. Would have loved James to have got 2 points tonight though, im now joint top instead of ahead because of him.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I have 3 spurs players. After seeing them the last day, that’s 3 too many.
Remember, it's highly unlikely that Spurs will carry on playing like that. It could happen, of course it can but I doubt it and wouldn't start ditching these guys in a hurry. Maybe transfer them out slowly. They have Southampton next and can easily bounce back. Also, Everton were immense and had a spring in their step due to James signing whilst Southampton have Romeu.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So I had James in my team right up until the day before the cutoff and dropped him thinking he might not play. So of course he gets a goal and an assist..

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Obviously it didn't pay off in gw1 but he's still almost certain to be a big point winner going forward.
Ye I'm sure he will but I planned to dump him GW2 anyway for United/City player as difficult fixture

Although a couple of my other players not starting might force me to rethink

Neo_Mufc

Finished with 77 points. I'm quite happy with that, don't think I've done that bad.

I'm thinking about a transfer which is Salah to Rodriguez but will probably not.

Can someone tell me how Havertz and Werner played? I had Werner - 5 points he got an assist for the pen.

Sarni

The cheapies aren't all about your starting 11. There will be times when someone from you main 11 doesn't play, like Pulisic today. That's when you need your bench players coming in. Although if you want to put Brewster at the 3rd sub spot, I guess that's not too bad but his 4.5 price tag gives you no wiggle room. At least with Bamford, moving up to a 6.5 Wilson or 6 Watkins is quite easy. Brewster will give you no options.

In terms of 4.5 defenders, I have Taylor and Dallas, both I think will come good. Justin is an ok pick for now, as is Ayling, Lamptey or even KWP (despite the last game). Vinagre always had a huge chance not to play, which is why a lot of people dropped him...
My bench will be an issue for a while but I will sort it out later. I’ve decided to get a fodder in there just so I don’t have to overthink it and can get anyone I fancy in other positions. My midfield is sorted out right now, I’ll be playing 5 every single week bar none, DCL will be a lock up front regardless of fixture and I’ll have Castagne, Tierney (moves to a Wolves defender after next GW) and Digne most weeks. So it’s about one of Dallas, Mitchell and Watkins for the final spot. The only problem is Mitchell will soon go back to bench, at which point it will probably be better to drop Auba, KDB or Bruno and improve both Brewster and Mitchell. At that point I will know better which of below £10m players are worth it. Eg Auba to Rashford would allow me to get a pretty good forward for Brewster and have money left to upgrade Mitchell to a £4.5m defender.

I am really relying on midfield + those three full backs to score heavily though.

IrishRedDevil

I just want to have enough money to be able to replace Aubameyang and Son. If Aubameyang and Son do good in GW1, then I might have to reconsider.

It will also depend if De Bruyne or Fernandes price are set to rise before GW2 - I want them both in my team and don't want to be priced out early doors.
So after saying this weeks ago while building my team, I changed my team and added Werner, now Fernandes and De Bruyne are going to rise in price tonight and I didn’t leave enough money in the bank for a straight swap so I’d have to take a hit :(

Rooney24

Finished on 78 Points and happy enough with that.

Now for the hardwork of getting United and City players in :(

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Is Taylor first choice?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Thinking about Salah to de Bruyne and next week Auba to Salah again. To cover the price rise of KDB tonight. PS Bruno also rises tonight.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Poor start for me this year with 52. Not captaining Salah was a mistake obviously. I think pre season form made me go for Auba instead.

Long way to go though and pretty happy with my team despite the score. Just one of those days.