Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I can't really consider Greenwood unfortunately or it would mean benching one of Greenwood, JWP, Bruno, Son, Jota, Kane, Nacho, Vardy.

A shame because I could bin Lingard and Alonso for Greenwood and a United defender.

But I agree he does have some explosive points potential this week.
?
Why is nobody considering rashford ?
Did you see him in the first Roma game? I thought he was hungover.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
After the disaster last week of only fielding 8 players, despite a squad full of 15 regular starters, I'm currently at:

Mendy
Azpi Rudi Castagne
Salah Bruno Greenwood Jota
Kane DCL Nacho

Sanchez, Lingard Dunk Dallas

I already did Bamford to DCL when I had exact money before price changes. Possibly regret that, but had no idea about cancellations then! I did want to bring in Trent, but can't get him for anything less than a -8, and now Maguire or AWB seem a better option this week. Looking at just using my second FT to do Azpi to Maguire, which gives me three triplers, seven doublers and Kane.

Next week I can get Trent in as part of my -8 to ensure an XI.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Why is nobody considering rashford ?
Costs more than the alternatives and has been carrying a knock.

I think against Villa we should have a strong side out. We're not far off beating Arsenal's PL record for undefeated in away games so I think Villa away we should have a full strength side.

It's the Leicester game I can imagine players being rested for.

El-Manos

Costs more than the alternatives and has been carrying a knock.

I think against Villa we should have a strong side out. We're not far off beating Arsenal's PL record for undefeated in away games so I think Villa away we should have a full strength side.

It's the Leicester game I can imagine players being rested for.
Greenwood or zaha for lingard I’d say.

Pickle85

Anyone else thinking of bringing Hendo (Dean, not the crocked Scouser) in? I can't see Ole rotating as DDG will definitely play against Roma, and he could be a nice differential with just over 1% ownership at the mo. Alternative is Mason in for Raphinha but I've a sneaking suspicion he'll be more heavily rotated than Hendo and at least one of the people above me in my ML have Greenwood but not Hendo. Whatever I choose it'll be wrong, that's for sure.

Patchbeard

Waiting to see the lineups tonight and how Aubameyang plays, but planning on doing something like this with a free hit:

Guiata/McCarthy, Forster
TAA, Maguire, Coleman, fodder, fodder
Salah, Mane, Auba, Bruno, Greenwood/Zaha
Iheanacho, Cavani/DCL, fodder

Whether I go for Cavani or DCL upfront then affects whether I can pick Greenwood and whether I can afford Guiata.

What is this about Forster definitely starting Southamptons games? Anything confirmed?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Zaha went up in price (despite the price rise sites saying he's nowhere near a rise).

Need to make transfer today or risk losing out...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't really consider Greenwood unfortunately or it would mean benching one of Greenwood, JWP, Bruno, Son, Jota, Kane, Nacho, Vardy.

A shame because I could bin Lingard and Alonso for Greenwood and a United defender.

But I agree he does have some explosive points potential this week.
It depends if you think Son v Leeds gets near Greenwood from up to 3 games.
Son is coming off 2 double digits, but Leeds have been quite tight at home against the better teams.
Son did smash about 13 points v them away.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I think a lot of us will probably be taking a hit or two for GW36 anyway. And it's so tempting to go triple United this week, even if none of them play the full 3 games :lol: can't help but feel this week might be a bit of a trap but feck it, I've never experienced a triple game week before.
I suppose the way you look at it, is that even if Greenwood just starts 2 games and is a sub for another game, and does nothing, that's a minimum of 5 points, up to 7 if they keep 2 clean sheets.
That's an assist or even a goal just for doing nothing!

And that's "If" he does nothing.

Skåre Willoch

On FH, and this is my draft so far.

Alisson (Martin)
TAA - Shaw - Digne (Mitchell, Dunne)
Bruno - Salah - Rashford - Ward Prowse (Smith Rowe)
Vardy - Iheanacho - DCL

25 games between them, but I doubt even half will play all games. 0.5 itb.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It depends if you think Son v Leeds gets near Greenwood from up to 3 games.
Son is coming off 2 double digits, but Leeds have been quite tight at home against the better teams.
Son did smash about 13 points v them away.
I mean the odds are Greenwood outscores him here no doubt but that would mean playing a non doubling defender as well unless I take a hit.

So it's more Greenwood & Dias/Dallas/Reguillon Vs Son & AWB for example.

Not as clear cut that way.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Going to be a crazy Gameweek. 3 United players on triples, Bruno, Greenwood and Shaw.

Gone for my bench boost too.

Could be a bumper score, or a damp squib. I'm going for the latter :(
Who's on your bench? (I mean, the players you would actually put on there if it was a standard week not like when people put Salah and Kane on there so they can feel better about themselves if some blank)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a look how my league sits at the moment.

Player - Points behind1st - Double/triplers - Utd players - Week 36 players

Me - N/A - 8 - 2 -Bruno/Shaw- 8
2nd - 36 - 7 - 1 - Bruno - 12 BENCH BOOST left
3rd - 46 - 5 - 1 - Shaw - 11
4th - 53 - 8 - NO UNITED - - 10

So an advantage with the lead, on paper with amount of doublers, and in United players.
You'd imagine all 3 will have to make at least 1 Utd transfer, and I'd guess most will take a -4. All 3 below have Watkins.

Easiest call is free transfer, Lingard to Greenwood. Gives 9 double/triplers, and Son/Kane for a strong lineup. Does leave 7 for week 36, but probs a gamble worth taking, then can cover key threats with -4 or -8 next week?

Other alternative is a -4 but that sacrifices Son to cover Watkins.So I guess it depends who we think is more important to cover of the 2.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Who are the preferred keepers remaining weeks? I had Mendy (tough fixtures ahead) and Leno (misses games)

saivet

I have to choose the transfer today as another price change can block me out of the move.

Unless I go for Siggy... Is he good value as Zaha?
I don't think he's as good value but if you don't have Greenwood then he's probably the next best choice imo.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Had a look how my league sits at the moment.

Player - Points behind1st - Double/triplers - Utd players - Week 36 players

Me - N/A - 8 - 2 -Bruno/Shaw- 8
2nd - 36 - 7 - 1 - Bruno - 12 BENCH BOOST left
3rd - 46 - 5 - 1 - Shaw - 11
4th - 53 - 8 - NO UNITED - - 10

So an advantage with the lead, on paper with amount of doublers, and in United players.
You'd imagine all 3 will have to make at least 1 Utd transfer, and I'd guess most will take a -4. All 3 below have Watkins.

Easiest call is free transfer, Lingard to Greenwood. Gives 9 double/triplers, and Son/Kane for a strong lineup. Does leave 7 for week 36, but probs a gamble worth taking, then can cover key threats with -4 or -8 next week?

Other alternative is a -4 but that sacrifices Son to cover Watkins.So I guess it depends who we think is more important to cover of the 2.
How have you only got 7 for 36? 3 United and ????????

I'll have 3 United this week and 2 Leicester. Not touching Chelsea or Arsenal as Chelsea rotate too much as do Arsenal who are also shit.

Vardy and Bruno go in 36 for me unless something else comes up.

Neo_Mufc

Should I use my BB for 35? I'm panicking I have no idea when to use and what to do to my team...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How have you only got 7 for 36? 3 United and ????????

I'll have 3 United this week and 2 Leicester. Not touching Chelsea or Arsenal as Chelsea rotate too much as do Arsenal who are also shit.

Vardy and Bruno go in 36 for me unless something else comes up.
Technically I have 9 right now, as Davis is a Villa striker, but realistically he's a 1 point merchant.

2 United, 2 Leicester, 1 Arsenal and Davis, so that's 6 of my 14 out for 8 (ignore the second keeper)
Put Greenwood in and that's 7

Holding might not even start both games this week, but fingers crossed as Luiz is out.

If I don't do Watkins this week as part of a -4, I'll probs do Nacho to him for week 36, as like you allude to with Vardy, the blank is one thing, but 2 tough games to end the season after.

Canuckred64

Should I use my BB for 35? I'm panicking I have no idea when to use and what to do to my team...
Week 35; If you have a lot of players playing two or three times this week it makes sense to use it now.
Week 36 : 4 teams have a bye so I imagine you won't have all 15 players playing.
Week 37 +38 teams who are still Europe or the FA cup and, teams with nothing to play for could give squad players a run out , so again not all 15 of
your players will play.

So I would use it this week if I still had it.

Canuckred64

I have 11 double or triple gamers and Harry Kane. Wondering if I should bench Kane and play 4 defenders, Target, Rudiger, Holding and Castagne who all play twice? Is Kane v Leeds too good to pass up?

Neo_Mufc

@Canuckred64 @Dirty Schwein Yeh looks like it will have to be this week. Is it suicidal to avoid united players? I don't have any yet I don't really want 3. I think I might say bye bye to Kane. This is my current team I have 2 transfers to make but will probably take hits.

Paul_Scholes18

What we think about Henderson? I think I will go for him since unlike Maguire and Shaw I could bench him for 36. Like potential 3 games I surely have to have 3 United player as a supporter and fantasy player.

Neo_Mufc

What we think about Henderson? I think I will go for him since unlike Maguire and Shaw I could bench him for 36. Like potential 3 games I surely have to have 3 United player as a supporter and fantasy player.
I dunno about going 3 because remember the next game week none of them will be playing.