Fantasy Premier League 20/21

starman

Son is only 9m, Havertz and Pullisic are 8.5m so I doubt Bale will be any more than 9m. He certainly won't be on my radar at 10m anyway.
Depends what data they use to calculate his price, if its includes previous PL data he will be a lot, if its purely the last few years he might even be around Rodriguez's price

SteveTheRed

I was always planning to wildcard early, but eyeing up GW3 for it seems to be the strategy. Arsenal fixtures look a bit rough there, United, Everton and Wolves look tasty and a good time to bring KdB in.

Draft for GW3 is looking as follows;

McCarthy? (may change to another 4.5m)
Digne, Saiss, Justin
Kdb, Salah, Podence, Rodriguez
Werner, Martial, Richarlison

Bench - NylandmReed, Mitchell

I think I'll likely drop Richarlison to maybe Calvert Lewin or Bamford and spend the extra money boosting the defence - replace Mitchell/Justin

Nickosaur

Damn. Everton's next few fixtures look nice. Problem is we just don't know if that win vs Spurs is an outlier or a sign of things to come.

Could be a lot of bargains from Everton if they get off to a good start.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I was always planning to wildcard early, but eyeing up GW3 for it seems to be the strategy. Arsenal fixtures look a bit rough there, United, Everton and Wolves look tasty and a good time to bring KdB in.

Draft for GW3 is looking as follows;

McCarthy? (may change to another 4.5m)
Digne, Saiss, Justin
Kdb, Salah, Podence, Rodriguez
Werner, Martial, Richarlison

Bench - NylandmReed, Mitchell

I think I'll likely drop Richarlison to maybe Calvert Lewin or Bamford and spend the extra money boosting the defence - replace Mitchell/Justin
Yeah that's my plan too.

Keeping Salah. Getting Jimmy in. Sticking with my Liverpool + £5m + 2 x £4.5m + £4m defence. Then using this week to choose between Sterling or KDB ; Rashford, Martial or Bruno ; Werner or Pulisic ; DCL, Rodriguez or Richarlison.

I'll likely go 4-4-2 though as I think Brewster will become a viable £4.5m option if he goes to Sheffield United.

Mcking

Who else is thinking to captain Bruno over Auba? Or am I just nuts
I'm not going to overthink it. Auba is miles the obvious choice in terms of expectation and logic. Everyone will captain Auba, and you aren't gonna feel good if he goes big. The reward for captaining Bruno if he hauls would be minimal in comparison.

Reynoldo

Well, it's Everton so let's assume they'll continue their fated existence as a 6-10th placed club :)
This is the first year I'm not getting sucked in to thinking they could do better this season alright....so they'll probably get top 4 now

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So if I used my wildcard this week does that mean my free transfer from this week rolled over to the next?

ROFLUTION

Yeah nuts. West Ham has been super leaky on right back too in preseason. totally plays Into Auba's hands.. Lot of VAR penalties given though (Fernandes)

ROFLUTION

Do you think that Ole is gonna teach Mason a lesson and put him on a bench ( probably the worst thing to do IMO) or he just gonna say - kid this is your time show them who you really are, and then he is gonna do a Lewandowski and score 5 goals in less then 10 minutes ?

We don't have very creative defenders and playing with Bruno Pogba sits deeper so he is not gonna grab lot of goals and assists.

Rashford is a shadow of himself at least for now so i guess 90% of our firepower gonna come from Bruno-Martial-Greenwood and whoever's gonna score from that trio one of other two gonna assist it. We have probably the easiest start from all top table clubs.

So I am really thinking about putting three of them in my team.

Each milion of player's value in Fantasy should give you 20 pts to be worth it.

Greenwood 7.5 should get 150, Bruno 10.5 - 210 and Martial 9.0 - 180 pts.

IMO all of them easily will get more than that bar injuries and/or if we will get Sancho then Greenwood probably gonna play a little less.

also i want to have TAA or Robertson in my team but from the 4 GW after they play Chelsea and Arsenal.

So sth like
McCarthy
TAA/Robertson, James/Saiss, Digne, Mitchell, Justin
Kdb, Bruno, Greenwood, James R/Pulisic, Bissouma ( if i have 0.5- 1.0 left i can go for 5.0-5.5 player here)
Martial,
Werner and 4.5£ or
Richarlison/DCL and Wilson, Bamford, Witkins, Adams or some other 6 ish mln in form striker.

Like I said yesterday Saka was very close to being dropped from almost 20% of teams and right now its more than 20% also Alli Lost more than 20% and both of them dropped 0.1 in value so it looks like this is how it works.
Thats a decent team. Everyone's overreacting a bit based on 1 game, so I'll wait a bit with the wildcard to see who has what it takes and who's actually in good form.

Bale and Reguilon to Spurs somehow makes me STAY with Doherty and Son for now. Could lead to more assists to Doherty and more chances for Son

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Thats a decent team. Everyone's overreacting a bit based on 1 game, so I'll wait a bit with the wildcard to see who has what it takes and who's actually in good form.

Bale and Reguilon to Spurs somehow makes me STAY with Doherty and Son for now. Could lead to more assists to Doherty and more chances for Son
I can't see Doherty getting the same license to go forward at Spurs in a back 4 that he did at Wolves. Think Wolves had better clean sheet potential also

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Spurs defense still sucks. They barely have a clean sheet. That places too much emphasis on Doherty to get an assist for him to pick up points. There are better players available for cheaper prices playing for better defenses.

RashyForPM

Who do we think starts for City?
Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Laporte Cancelo
Rodri
KdB Foden
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

Unsure: Fernandinho, Foden, Mahrez, Aguero

Foden could be a real bargain but I’d avoid until all the paper talk of him getting loads of games actually comes true.

RashyForPM

Right, another dilemma. So, I’m definitely taking Kane out for Martial, but that leaves me with an extra transfer. Thus, do I upgrade:

1) Ings to Vardy?
2) Son to Bruno?
3) Pereira (WBA) to Greenwood?

Currently leaning towards option 3, at least until Ole’s presser later, but I would appreciate any input.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Laporte Cancelo
Rodri
KdB Foden
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

Unsure: Fernandinho, Foden, Mahrez, Aguero

Foden could be a real bargain but I’d avoid until all the paper talk of him getting loads of games actually comes true.
i am thinking about Mahrez seriously. I think I am going to bring him in so I can keep other big hitters. It’s really down to Mahrez/Greenwood or Rashford/Foden.

RashyForPM

i am thinking about Mahrez seriously. I think I am going to bring him in so I can keep other big hitters. It’s really down to Mahrez/Greenwood or Rashford/Foden.
Go for Mahrez and Mason I think. Both are more likely starters.

ROFLUTION

Spurs defense still sucks. They barely have a clean sheet. That places too much emphasis on Doherty to get an assist for him to pick up points. There are better players available for cheaper prices playing for better defenses.
Spurs defence after the corona break was one of the best in xG conceded according to a lot of 10k FPL managers before season kicked off. Not sure I trust them neither, so Doherty at least has some potential further forward. Was involved forward in first match too. Who knows, Spurs might switch to 3-4-3 with Doherty and reguilon as wingbacks

Rooney24

Finished on 78 Points and happy enough with that.

Now for the hardwork of getting United and City players in :(
Have managed to get KDB, Auba, Salah, and Bruno into midfield with Martial up top. Hoping they make up for the Goals I will shift at the back :lol:

McCarthy

Justin - Saiss - Dallas - Taylor

Bruno - Salah - Hendrick - KDB - Auba

Martial

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Right, another dilemma. So, I’m definitely taking Kane out for Martial, but that leaves me with an extra transfer. Thus, do I upgrade:

1) Ings to Vardy?
2) Son to Bruno?
3) Pereira (WBA) to Greenwood?

Currently leaning towards option 3, at least until Ole’s presser later, but I would appreciate any input.
Extra transfer? You're taking a -4 you mean.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So the plan was always to swap Auba and Son to KDB and Bruno start of GW2. I thought this was dead in the water after the rumoured price rises of these two but it hasn't happened... Yet. So it looks like I may be able to move ahead with the plan.

But now I have a secondary option. My team is below:

McCarthy
TAA, Taylor, Dallas
Salah, Auba, Son, ASM
Werner, Mitrovic, DCL

Subs: Steer, KWP, Bissouma, Buur

So is it better to do the swap mentioned above or should I take out Auba and Buur for KDB and Saiss?

Wolves have great fixtures coming up and think everyone needs one of their backline... Spurs also have decent fixtures and think Son can come good...

Thoughts?

SteveCoppellFan

Me ! .. I am not afraid to make tough decsions.

Granted I do not have Auba in my side, but that's small details.

Not happy, I've taken a 4 point hit as i was expecting the Bruno / KDB price rises that have not happened.

If I had known they might be tinkering with the apparent rules then maybe I would have adjusted my squad for GW1.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So the plan was always to swap Auba and Son to KDB and Bruno start of GW2. I thought this was dead in the water after the rumoured price rises of these two but it hasn't happened... Yet. So it looks like I may be able to move ahead with the plan.

But now I have a secondary option. My team is below:

McCarthy
TAA, Taylor, Dallas
Salah, Auba, Son, ASM
Werner, Mitrovic, DCL

Subs: Steer, KWP, Bissouma, Buur

So is it better to do the swap mentioned above or should I take out Auba and Buur for KDB and Saiss?

Wolves have great fixtures coming up and think everyone needs one of their backline... Spurs also have decent fixtures and think Son can come good...

Thoughts?
Do you mean start of GW3?

I like Son but can't see him outscoring Bruno or Rashford unless the arrival of Bale kickstarts something. Definitely want in on that Wolves defence though and Saiss is the pick of the bunch it looks like simply for his goal threat. I'll probably wildcard into something like this at the weekend...

Martinez or Meslier (£4m)

Robertson / Saiss / Lamptey / Ayling or Taylor / (£4m)

Bruno / Sterling / Salah / Podence / Bissouma

Werner / Jimenez / Brewster

Although mighty tempted to take Rashford or Martial instead of Bruno and spend that extra cash somewhere else.

RonaldoVII

Are we expecting Bruno to start tomorrow given he's probably only been back in training this week? Could have Pogba for one week instead if he'd play further up if Bruno didn't start but he may be no guarantee either. May just take the risk on Bruno and hope to have at least one decent sub.

LuckyScout78

Everton look solid and balance against Spurs. So i have just bought mr.Digne, Calwert and Pickford

First time in my life i saw and experienced Everton bossed, control and dominate Spurs.

Allan looked so calm and composure on the ball. Top quality player. A key and important buy by Ancelotti.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A lot of people looking at KDB. Odd how Sterling is seemingly ignored. Especially if Augero is out for longer.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Do you mean start of GW3?

I like Son but can't see him outscoring Bruno or Rashford unless the arrival of Bale kickstarts something. Definitely want in on that Wolves defence though and Saiss is the pick of the bunch it looks like simply for his goal threat. I'll probably wildcard into something like this at the weekend...

Martinez or Meslier (£4m)

Robertson / Saiss / Lamptey / Ayling or Taylor / (£4m)

Bruno / Sterling / Salah / Podence / Bissouma

Werner / Jimenez / Brewster

Although mighty tempted to take Rashford or Martial instead of Bruno and spend that extra cash somewhere else.
Yes start of GW3.

If I don't get Bruno and get Rashford for Son, I can still upgrade to a Wolves defender... I think Rashy plus Saiss is better than Bruno plus Taylor...

A lot of people looking at KDB. Odd how Sterling is seemingly ignored. Especially if Augero is out for longer.
Sterling is inconsistent and it's frustrating getting an 11.5 premium that you can't safely captain whenever you want...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yes start of GW3.

If I don't get Bruno and get Rashford for Son, I can still upgrade to a Wolves defender... I think Rashy plus Saiss is better than Bruno plus Taylor...

Sterling is inconsistent and it's frustrating getting an 11.5 premium that you can't safely captain whenever you want...
I don't think Sterling is that inconsistent at all. There's case to be made for him being more useful when Aguero is not playing but 200+ points (18 goals, 17 goals, 20 goals) in the last 3 seasons is the very definition of consistency. He's also quite explosive when he does score and I would definitely give him the armband if City have a good fixture. If Pep chooses not to start them though...(but that's an issue for nearly all their players bar maybe KDB) is another matter entirely.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I don't think Sterling is that inconsistent at all. There's case to be made for him being more useful when Aguero is not playing but 200+ points (18 goals, 17 goals, 20 goals) in the last 3 seasons is the very definition of consistency. He's also quite explosive when he does score and I would definitely give him the armband if City have a good fixture. If Pep chooses not to start them though...(but that's an issue for nearly all their players bar maybe KDB) is another matter entirely.
Maybe you're right but I remember having both Sterling and KDB for a large portion of last season. Sterling was getting me double digits one week, followed by many weeks of two pointers. KDB was consistently getting 6-10 nearly every week. I guess it evens out on the end but the captaincy is safer with KDB in my opinion.