Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Adcuth

feck it, not sold on Chelsea. Werner and havertz out, KDB and Bamford in

Paul_Scholes18

Not feeling certain who to bench. ASM or Ayling. Not expecting Newcastle to do much, but also expecting Mitrovic to score against Leeds.
Although think Leeds will score a few and win so could get an assist.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is anybody else not making changes this week? Feels like I'm part of a club of one.

Not convinced about taking out Werner, especially for Bamford.

Though, it's certainly worth going Havertz > KDB if you can find the extra cash somewhere.
I'm making no changes. If rather have two games worth of information instead of going for someone like Bamford!

Adcuth

Is anybody else not making changes this week? Feels like I'm part of a club of one.

Not convinced about taking out Werner, especially for Bamford.

Though, it's certainly worth going Havertz > KDB if you can find the extra cash somewhere.
Bamford is against Fulham though. Werner against Liverpool. Taking it game by game to start with till I'm settled on who's in form

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bamford is against Fulham though. Werner against Liverpool. Taking it game by game to start with till I'm settled on who's in form
Werner will cause Liverpool problems I think.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just thinking about the service to him. Got a feeling Liverpool will dominate them and cut off the supply
Maybe. If Pulisic is able to make some sort of appearance they can have a lot of chances versus Liverpool. Having Werner and Pulisic both on counters is devastating. Havertz isn't slow too
If you're taking a hit to drop werner for a striker, that striker has to get a goal or it isn't worth it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm making no changes. If rather have two games worth of information instead of going for someone like Bamford!
Yeah exactly. There's also no reason to think that a player who scored well last week will score well this week, and vice versa. It's just not what happens in FF, which usually has players who have good weeks coupled with poor ones (Salah and Auba did last year; hattricks one game, nothing the next).

Plus, there's always players who do well in the first few games and then go to absolute shit (the Pukki effect). Then you've wasted your wildcard.

That said, I'll probably get 30 points this week :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah exactly. There's also no reason to think that a player who scored well last week will score well this week, and vice versa. It's just not what happens in FF, which usually has players who have good weeks coupled with poor ones (Salah and Auba did last year; hattricks one game, nothing the next).

Plus, there's always players who do well in the first few games and then go to absolute shit (the Pukki effect). Then you've wasted your wildcard.

That said, I'll probably get 30 points this week :lol:
Yes, a lot of players chase points, which is why you see players like that Newcastle lad who got an assist and a goal get so many transfers...

I'm ok with getting low points as long as I feel like I've used logic in my decisions!

Adcuth

Maybe. If Pulisic is able to make some sort of appearance they can have a lot of chances versus Liverpool. Having Werner and Pulisic both on counters is devastating. Havertz isn't slow too
If you're taking a hit to drop werner for a striker, that striker has to get a goal or it isn't worth it.
Wanted KDB in mainly but I've got a good feeling about Leeds vs Fulham hence going for Bamford up top. Probably regret it but I'm taking the chance.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Contemplating getting Martial for Werner. If he picks up where he left off, he's gonna get a lot of goals this year.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wanted KDB in mainly but I've got a good feeling about Leeds vs Fulham hence going for Bamford up top. Probably regret it but I'm taking the chance.
Have you taken a hit for this transfer? If not fair play. If so then yeah I think it's a risk. I'm not pushing werner for martial (with a 4pt hit) even though I think Martial will hit the back of the net tomorrow.

That's because I reckon Werner will bring in an assist or a goal. Liverpool can be got at in my opinion. They struggle with pace in behind when the full backs have gone gung ho.

Adcuth

Have you taken a hit for this transfer? If not fair play. If so then yeah I think it's a risk. I'm not pushing werner for martial (with a 4pt hit) even though I think Martial will hit the back of the net tomorrow.

That's because I reckon Werner will bring in an assist or a goal. Liverpool can be got at in my opinion. They struggle with pace in behind when the full backs have gone gung ho.
Yeah took the hit. But hoping having KDB and hopefully a goal off Bamford will make it worth it. Still got a mil in the bank though so can bring Werner back in next week if need be.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah took the hit. But hoping having KDB and hopefully a goal off Bamford will make it worth it. Still got a mil in the bank though so can bring Werner back in next week if need be.
Trying to gamble each week with transfer will probably not payoff. Think longterm instead!
Free wildcard fantasy each week would be a very different game though. Interesting to see who would do best in that.

Adcuth

Trying to gamble each week with transfer will probably not payoff. Think longterm instead!
Free wildcard fantasy each week would be a very different game though. Interesting to see who would do best in that.
Yeah that's why KDB is in now. Salah him and Trent are set now. 1 striker will be too when I figure out who's gonna be firing. Either Vardy, Werner or Marital

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Brutal first week, 27 points. Mane over Salah etc.
Played wildcard (oooof)

Now

Pickford
Justin, Lewis, Digne
Salah, Auba, Greenwood, Phillips
Calvert, Vardy, Wilson

£2m left over

Previous team;

McCarthy
TAA, Egan, Douglas
Mane, Auba, Hernandez, Mount,
Firmino, Nketiah, Ings

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah that's why KDB is in now. Salah him and Trent are set now. 1 striker will be too when I figure out who's gonna be firing. Either Vardy, Werner or Marital
I am going to wildcard very soon and set it up longterm. The cheap picks is the tricky thing since they are often not both nailed on, good and cheap.

Paul_Scholes18

Brutal first week, 27 points. Mane over Salah etc.
Played wildcard (oooof)

Now

Pickford
Justin, Lewis, Digne
Salah, Auba, Greenwood, Phillips
Calvert, Vardy, Wilson

£2m left over

Previous team;

McCarthy
TAA, Egan, Douglas
Mane, Auba, Hernandez, Mount,
Firmino, Nketiah, Ings
Maybe not go double Everton defense. If they turn to shit it is easier to just abandon one player

DarkLord

It's unfortunate that I will be taking a lot of hits for this game week. Leeds United, Everton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester all very winnable games and I have none of their players bar Auba. A lot of transfers I am going to make.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's unfortunate that I will be taking a lot of hits for this game week. Leeds United, Everton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester all very winnable games and I have none of their players bar Auba. A lot of transfers I am going to make.
The mistake you are making is looking only at the single gw ahead of you.

Thiago in the game at £6m.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I liked the look of Harrison first game.

Would you guys go Lewis/Mahrez or TAA/Harrison?

LungiDevil

Looking for a Pulisic replacement.

I am currently consdering Havertz vs Hamez vs Willian. Who is most likely to be consistent?
I'd like this pick to be a set & forget.

I have both Werner and DCL as my forwards, along with Auba in midfield. So any of these three would make it a double attack.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Looking for a Pulisic replacement.

I am currently consdering Havertz vs Hamez vs Willian. Who is most likely to be consistent?
I'd like this pick to be a set & forget.

I have both Werner and DCL as my forwards, along with Auba in midfield. So any of these three would make it a double attack.
Willian - planning West Ham so potentially loads of points this week but I fear he will eventually rotate with Pepe.

Havertz - still in adjusting period but Chelsea will only get better. Think he's long term better than Willian but not just yet.

Hamez - looked great, good fixtures and should usually play. I'd pick him.

Kuba

Right now i have sth like that

McCarthy, Martin
Shaw, Digne, Holding, Justin, Mitchell
Bruno, Kdb, Aubameyang, James R, Bissouma
Martial, DCL, Bamford

next i want to sell Auba and upgrade few players but will see who is in good form.

Tiber

My team was pathetic in week 1. Using a wildcard would let me gut it wouldn't it?

The Serb

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Martinez
Justin - KWP - Coleman
Auba - Salah - Rashford - Willian
Calvert-Lewin - C.Wilson - Martial

Played my wildcard despite getting 72 points. 7 players picked up 12 points for me so not good enough really. Plan on subbing Auba, Willian and Wilson out after this week and putting in De Bruyne, Traore and Jimenez whilst taking an 8 point hit. Wolves have a good run after City and should pick some goals up, Arsenals run gets harder!

Tiber

Feck it, I gutted my whole team. I had 40 odd points last week - I made the wise decision to ditch salah two hours before kickoff so I could upgrade my strikers to Werner and Kane...neither scored.

I binned TAA. Maybe this is a mistake and he will score 300 odd points again this season, but he cost a fortune and had 1 point last week - which really annoyed me.

Paul_Scholes18

Feck it, I gutted my whole team. I had 40 odd points last week - I made the wise decision to ditch salah two hours before kickoff so I could upgrade my strikers to Werner and Kane...neither scored.

I binned TAA. Maybe this is a mistake and he will score 300 odd points again this season, but he cost a fortune and had 1 point last week - which really annoyed me.
Very week bench. Could cost you a lot. Does feel you put too much money in your heavy hitters.

Tiber

Very week bench. Could cost you a lot. Does feel you put too much money in your heavy hitters.
Yea, this is my first year doing fantasy. I wondered if people actually invest in the bench, I suspected mine might become an issue, but last week I struggled to score any points with my 9.5 million strikers never mind the bench.

Last edited:

Leonzo1

Who to bench Mitrovic VS Bissouma? I already have Dallas so that's a problem with Mitrovic, plus he was benched for the last game. On the other hand I doubt Bissouma will do anything of significance. Thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Who to bench Mitrovic VS Bissouma? I already have Dallas so that's a problem with Mitrovic, plus he was benched for the last game. On the other hand I doubt Bissouma will do anything of significance. Thoughts?
Bench Bissouma. It's not even a question. Bissouma will most likely get 2 points after 90 minutes. Mitrovic should start and can always score... even if he comes off the bench. The reward is much higher with Mitrovic.

Mcking

Don't even think about benching a striker for a defensive midfielder.