Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
One guy in one of my mini leagues played his benchboost in GW1 and got 0 points from the bench :lol:
A guy in my league did that while having 5 City and United players in his team... who had no GW1 games. Then he triple captained Salah against Chelsea. I'm pretty sure he has no idea how cards work.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This week has tricky captain calls to make. Salah vs Arsenal, De Bruyne vs Leicester, Son vs Newcastle or Werner vs West Brom.
Werner got best fixture, but has not done anything yet. Son got the form, but not going to be given as much space vs Newcastle.
De Bruyne is always capable, but probably not going to destroy Leicester. Salah is probably lowest on the list, but you never know with him.
I am going with Sterling v Leicester. Very few people have Sterling, I think he will get loads of points.

Tiber

Bissouma got himself sent off and ASM has done very little.

I might try swapping them for Jorginho and Ceballos who would cost the same. There not an awful lot of great options at 5m or less

kyofusho

Bissouma got himself sent off and ASM has done very little.

I might try swapping them for Jorginho and Ceballos who would cost the same. There not an awful lot of great options at 5m or less
Dennis Praet could be a good option for 5.5m. Scored at the weekend and seems to be a regular in Leicester's first XI now. Tidy player.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One thing I’ve not seen mentioned is that should both Burnley and United or Villa and City go out of the Carabao this week, they probably end up with a double gameweek next week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
One thing I’ve not seen mentioned is that should both Burnley and United or Villa and City go out of the Carabao this week, they probably end up with a double gameweek next week.
United are going out against my mighty Luton don't you worry!

Dan_F

If I get rid of Werner on my wildcard this week, and he drops by 0.1, can I get him back in for the lower price in the same gameweek?

I’m 0.1 away from my ideal team, so trying anything find that extra value.

Cornish

Is it just me or does it seem like prise rises are more volatile this year? Calvert Lewin has gone up 0.2 already, De Bruyne went up hours after his first game and loads more seem to have gone up or down.
It's making me feel like I need to wildcard now in order to benefit in the long term, especially now I'm already 40 points behind the leaders in my mini league. Can't afford to not have enough money to bring in form players in the future although I also want to give my team at least 1 more week (mainly due to having Werner and already have been stung by the Son to Fernandes transfer!)

Was hoping to leave the wildcard until the international break as the transfer window will be shut then however the form players all look like they have good fixtures in the next couple of weeks and then a few tricky ones after the break!!!

Ahhhhh this game!!!!

saivet

If I get rid of Werner on my wildcard this week, and he drops by 0.1, can I get him back in for the lower price in the same gameweek?

I think you can, but I have no confidence in my answer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I think so but I doubt he moves down?

Mcking

I know everyone's avoiding Man Utd players for now, but surely Bruno's worth it just for the penalties?

Ludens the Red

:lol: Man City go out of the carabao cup? You having a laugh. Everything they do In a season is geared towards success in the League Cup.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I know everyone's avoiding Man Utd players for now, but surely Bruno's worth it just for the penalties?
Dunno. If United get sorted, then he will be worth it, and they’ll have a DGW at some point too. Currently I’m not sure he is worth it, but I did read this earlier:

Neo_Mufc

Good man.
Done it before the price rises an don't regret it one bit.
I'm doing it I think, I'm annoyed! I wanted to be patient and get KDB in and he rose 0.1m over night.

Ok this is what I'm going with! Please can everyone assess my team.

So the team I have at the moment is short -0.9m, I'm just unsure on 2 positions. I either bring in Greenwood for 7.5m and I have to downgrade bamford for someone like Rhian Brewster (who i think might go to another team) but basically bench fodder OR I downgrade Greenwood (Don't really want to) but it gives me bamford (i think he will slow off).f

Edit: That 5th mid 2nd striker is basically Greenwood/Zaha or Bamford or cheap mid and bam or play 1 striker only if that makes sense.

Ideas? Thank you.

Neo_Mufc

Depends on your team I guess. If you can still field a full XI, I feel it is still worth holding unto.
I can defo field a full 11 I have 2 transfers to make. I just know the team I want at the moment and I'd rather just stick it in knowing that I can trust them for the next 4 weeks or so without thinking every week damn I wish I had that player.

Cornish

I'm wildcarding! Price prediction sites are suggesting I would lose 0.5 in value overnight tonight! I can't risk that. Hopefully I've covered them all now and can pick some players up again cheaper tomorrow if I need to (Werner I'm looking at you!!)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm doing it I think, I'm annoyed! I wanted to be patient and get KDB in and he rose 0.1m over night.

So the team I have at the moment is short -0.9m, I'm just unsure on 2 positions. I either bring in Greenwood for 7.5m and I have to downgrade bamford for someone like Rhian Brewster (who i think might go to another team) but basically bench fodder OR I downgrade Greenwood (Don't really want to) but it gives me bamford (i think he will slow off).f

Edit: That 5th mid 2nd striker is basically Greenwood/Zaha or Bamford or cheap mid and bam or play 1 striker only if that makes sense.

Ideas? Thank you.

The problem with a team like this is how weak it is in strike. The likes of Bamford are unlikely to keep scoring so if you suddenly decided you want a premium striker (say Kane goes mental when Bale comes in), it will be really difficult to do so.

Neo_Mufc

The problem with a team like this is how weak it is in strike. The likes of Bamford are unlikely to keep scoring so if you suddenly decided you want a premium striker (say Kane goes mental when Bale comes in), it will be really difficult to do so.
I think Jiminez can keep me going.

This is my current team for reference.

Neo_Mufc

Greenwood should start right? I assume James played because of his mistake for England but I don't see why James plays ahead he's not good enough to.

Neo_Mufc

I've WC'd guys. Sorry I should have been patient but couldn't wait any longer. Had to get a template that I was happy with.

Neo_Mufc

That's a good team honestly. Do you have free transfers?
Yes I had 2 transfers I was saving but tbh I want a complete team rejig. Not happy.

It's probably gonna backfire right in my face but needed a change.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes I had 2 transfers I was saving but tbh I want a complete team rejig. Not happy.

It's probably gonna backfire right in my face but needed a change.
Corona could be a problem in the future with players missing games potentially.
Might want to save a wildcard for that, but normally it might just be 1-2 player at worst.

0161_UNITED

Had absolute shockers in Week 1 and Week 2 - mainly due to starting out with Pulisic, Tierney, and St. Maximin. I've never been afraid to take some hits very early on to sort out the team, stay in the money chasing game, and save the wildcard for when things get sorted out.

16 point hit taken, to sort this crap team out once and for all and have a basis to build on.

Auba -> KDB
Tierney -> Saiss
St. Maximin -> Podence
Pulisic -> James Rodriguez
Burke -> Foden

GK - McCarthy, Steer
DEF: TAA, Taylor, Saiss, KWP, Ferguson
MID: DeBruyne, Foden, Bruno, Podence, James Rodriguez
FWD: Martial, Werner, Bamford

ITB: 0.4
Team Value: 100.3

The team can play 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 3-5-2 now and get better if Ferguson gets healthy and starting. I think this side can handle getting Pep'd relatively well - if Foden doesn't play I have Bamford and KWP to cover.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Had absolute shockers in Week 1 and Week 2 - mainly due to starting out with Pulisic, Tierney, and St. Maximin. I've never been afraid to take some hits very early on to sort out the team, stay in the money chasing game, and save the wildcard for when things get sorted out.

16 point hit taken, to sort this crap team out once and for all and have a basis to build on.

Auba -> KDB
Tierney -> Saiss
St. Maximin -> Podence
Burke -> Foden

GK - McCarthy, Steer

The team can play 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 3-5-2 now and get better if Ferguson gets healthy and starting. I think this side can handle getting Pep'd relatively well - if Foden doesn't play I have Bamford and KWP to cover.
Wouldn't it make sense to wildcard now and make gradual changes when needed, or take hits further down the line if you have to?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I agree. Hit the wildcard. You don't want to take a minus 16 at any point.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Auba -> KDB
Tierney -> Saiss
St. Maximin -> Podence
Burke -> Foden

GK - McCarthy, Steer

Your problem will be when Pep brings him in for 20 mins and he gets 1 point. Are you going to start him every game? I think it could pay off long term if you stick with it personally and suck up the sub appearances. I want Sterling and KDB in my wildcard team but it requires too many sacrifices elsewhere so Foden could be worth the gamble. Then again he's the same price as VVD who returns 200ish points....hmmmm.

Tinkering with a wildcard is the best part of the season for me. I wish Pulisic was fit though so hoping for some good news this week in the pressers. Current tinkering

Guaita / Forster

Robertson / James / Saiss / Lamptey / Taylor

Salah
/ KDB / Podence / Son / Anguissa

Werner / Jimenez / Brewster

Lamptey and Taylor seem to rotate fairly well fixture wise. Can turn Werner into Jesus if he flops again v West Brom. Also tempted by Rashford & Martinez over Son & Guaita. Plenty of options in the £5.5m mid slot to swap Podence for too.

Nickosaur

Your problem will be when Pep brings him in for 20 mins and he gets 1 point. Are you going to start him every game? I think it could pay off long term if you stick with it personally and suck up the sub appearances. I want Sterling and KDB in my wildcard team but it requires too many sacrifices elsewhere so Foden could be worth the gamble. Then again he's the same price as VVD who returns 200ish points....hmmmm.

Tinkering with a wildcard is the best part of the season for me. I wish Pulisic was fit though so hoping for some good news this week in the pressers. Current tinkering

Guaita / Forster

Robertson / James / Saiss / Lamptey / Taylor

Salah
/ KDB / Podence / Son / Anguissa

Werner / Jimenez / Brewster

Lamptey and Taylor seem to rotate fairly well fixture wise.
Good team. I'd probably want some Everton coverage looking at their form and fixtures though. And do you see reece James as nailed? Maybe a Chelsea fan can confirm but azpi would surely step in when back?

Tarrou

Ideas? Thank you.

Castagne > Justin?

podurban2

I wildcarded and I'm very happy with my decision, team+bank already worth 101, looking to become higher by the weekend.

1.0 ITB.

Martinez
Castagne-Saiss-J. Reece
Son-Salah-KdB-J.Rodriguez-Foden
Jimenez-DCL

Will bring in Zaha for Foden after CP play Chelsea. Looking to captain Son this gameweek.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good team. I'd probably want some Everton coverage looking at their form and fixtures though. And do you see reece James as nailed? Maybe a Chelsea fan can confirm but azpi would surely step in when back?
Yeah have thought about both of those. James is an easy swap out if he loses his place. I'd hope they'd play Azpi as a centre back when everyone is fit but who knows.

Everton are a tricky one. I guess I could keep Rodriguez in over Son and boost James to VVD. I guess it comes down to whether I fancy Spurs or Everton more long term. Think Spurs have better fixtures for now.

James > KWP
Son > Harvey Barnes
Brewster > DCL

is another alternative.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I still want to wait until I play the wild card.

Chelsea should be a different beast once Ziyech and Pulisic return, so I'll see who I want from them.

Also want to see if our match against CP was a blip as I'm reluctant to rule out United players just yet.

Also monitoring James at Chelsea. If he keeps playing, that's a bargain worth getting.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone think the introduction of Semedo will affect Podence? Adama must have to shift somewhere, but I find Podence quite a better threat when I watch him than Adama (hope Nuno thinks the same!)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My advice to anyone wildcarding this week is get Gabriel Jesus. Aguero out injured for at least another 6 to 7 weeks and City's fixtures are decent (not that it matters really for them).

In fact my front 3 on a wildcard would be Jiminez, DCL n Jesus

Neo_Mufc

My advice to anyone wildcarding this week is get Gabriel Jesus. Aguero out injured for at least another 6 to 7 weeks and City's fixtures are decent (not that it matters really for them).

In fact my front 3 on a wildcard would be Jiminez, DCL n Jesus
I understand your point but you don't think it's better to go Werner? on the basis that you diversify your picks?

Edit: He may be prone to being rotated/subbed early too.