Fantasy Premier League 20/21

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone think the introduction of Semedo will affect Podence? Adama must have to shift somewhere, but I find Podence quite a better threat when I watch him than Adama (hope Nuno thinks the same!)
Possibly. Like you say he's in form though so it's his place to lose for now. Easy switch to one of the Leeds mids if needed.

podurban2

My advice to anyone wildcarding this week is get Gabriel Jesus. Aguero out injured for at least another 6 to 7 weeks and City's fixtures are decent (not that it matters really for them).

In fact my front 3 on a wildcard would be Jiminez, DCL n Jesus
I really want Jesus too but I just can't get him into the team as I have a couple of (in my team) must haves; Salah, KdB, Son, Jimenez, Rodriguez.. Just can't fit Jesus in there without sacrificing one of them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I understand your point but you don't think it's better to go Werner? on the basis that you diversify your picks?

Edit: He may be prone to being rotated/subbed early too.
I have Werner as I picked him before season started and slightly regret it now. Not that i don't think he will eventually settle and start scoring goals because he will but I don't usually jump on new signings in FPL. If he wasn't playing Westbrom this week I'd have probably made the move to either Jimenez or Jesus to be honest.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Possibly. Like you say he's in form though so it's his place to lose for now. Easy switch to one of the Leeds mids if needed.
Plus he was given the 10! He's not very clinical but has more to his game than Adama. Semedo has pace on that flank too, I'd think it's Podence that starts.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I really want Jesus too but I just can't get him into the team as I have a couple of (in my team) must haves; Salah, KdB, Son, Jimenez, Rodriguez.. Just can't fit Jesus in there without sacrificing one of them.
Yeah tough one when you have those already. Don't think you can get him with that set up. Other people with slightly different teams may find it easier. He's owned by less 3% of all teams too which is ridiculous given Aguero is out injured.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My advice to anyone wildcarding this week is get Gabriel Jesus. Aguero out injured for at least another 6 to 7 weeks and City's fixtures are decent (not that it matters really for them).

In fact my front 3 on a wildcard would be Jiminez, DCL n Jesus
I really want to. But means losing Werner vs West Brom which sounds mental. I'm hoping Frank declares Pulisic fit for the weekend. That would solve my problem.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I really want to. But means losing Werner vs West Brom which sounds mental. I'm hoping Frank declares Pulisic fit for the weekend. That would solve my problem.
Yeah i've got Werner. Definitely don't take him out this week with that fixture. No chance. However if he blanks this week he's long gone from my team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Still wary of City players that aren't KDB.

Foden should start but I don't get how Mahrez can be left out the team too. Same for Bernado Silva. And if Jesus floats around then great but he will move into channels too just like Werner will. However I think Werner will be on the end of more goals.

SteveTheRed

I'm on a wildcard so I've temporarily put Jesus in, or possibly Jiminez. It looked like Werner was going to drop 0.1m last night so my plan was to wait for that and bring him back from West Brom and save myself the £

Wolves fixtures are just too good.

Opponent
WHU (A)
FUL (H)
LEE (A)
NEW (H)
CRY (H)

Also have Podence in the team, he looks brilliant no.10. Could have had 2 goals against city where he looked the like he was the no 9. + a nice assist.

podurban2

Yeah tough one when you have those already. Don't think you can get him with that set up. Other people with slightly different teams may find it easier. He's owned by less 3% of all teams too which is ridiculous given Aguero is out injured.
He's definitely up their on my watch list. I have 1.0 ITB and if he pops off against Leicester I'll just almost have to trade Jimenez for him I think..

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm on a wildcard so I've temporarily put Jesus in, or possibly Jiminez. It looked like Werner was going to drop 0.1m last night so my plan was to wait for that and bring him back from West Brom and save myself the £

Opponent
WHU (A)
FUL (H)
LEE (A)
NEW (H)
CRY (H)

Also have Podence in the team, he looks brilliant no.10. Could have had 2 goals against city where he looked the like he was the no 9. + a nice assist.
Yeah same. Trying to catch price rises/drops before finalising on Saturday morning.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Giving it 2 weeks until a wildcard.

Every chance more players show themselves to be superb choices in the next 2 weeks, and every chance some of the early "showers" drop off. A 4 gameweek stretch gives a bit more evidence I think. And you need to give your initial choices a go don't you, like Werner.

Cornish

Thoughts on Jorginho? 5.0 seems a good price and he takes penalties for Chelsea (for how long though I don't know. Does Werner take penalties?)
Would imagine he'll play the majority of the time even with Chelsea's new signings coming in. He plays as a holding midfielder at the base of the midfield 3 doesn't he and Chelsea aren't blessed with options in this position.

Neo_Mufc

Opponent
WHU (A)
FUL (H)
LEE (A)
NEW (H)
CRY (H)

Yeah same. Trying to catch price rises/drops before finalising on Saturday morning.
I caught Castagne last night before he rose another 0.1m.

Hopefully Werner goes down tonight and I will pick him up.

Neo_Mufc

Thoughts on Jorginho? 5.0 seems a good price and he takes penalties for Chelsea (for how long though I don't know. Does Werner take penalties?)
Would imagine he'll play the majority of the time even with Chelsea's new signings coming in. He plays as a holding midfielder at the base of the midfield 3 doesn't he and Chelsea aren't blessed with options in this position.
He missed the last one. From what I heard on the scoutcast Timo Werner is pretty nifty with pens and might taken em if Jorginho does not play.

Just my 2 cents.

Mcking

Looks like Aubameyang, Werner, and Saint-Maximin will be dropping before GW3 starts. Expecting a 0.3m loss then.

Really hope Werner bangs them in against West Brom to justify the amount of trust I've put on him. The Saint-Maximin 5.5m pick has been terrible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lads advice please

Kane + Havertz

Or

Werner + Son?

Second option also gives 0.7 in the bank

Mcking

Lads advice please

Kane + Havertz

Or

Werner + Son?

Second option also gives 0.7 in the bank
I have the latter, and I've got no doubts. I just have the feeling that Havertz is going to flop hard. Son has looked like Tottenham's best player since Mou joined too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No. Saiss plays LCB, so it will be Adama, Podence and Neto at risk. Semedo might not even get into the team though.
They won't make a £40m signing and not have him as a nailed on starter though.

I have the latter, and I've got no doubts. I just have the feeling that Havertz is going to flop hard. Son has looked like Tottenham's best player since Mou joined too.
Hmm yeah perhaps. But Kane is gold. And Havertz I feel is going to be a false 9 for Chelsea. I've gone safety first with Werner and Son though!

0161_UNITED

Your problem will be when Pep brings him in for 20 mins and he gets 1 point. Are you going to start him every game? I think it could pay off long term if you stick with it personally and suck up the sub appearances. I want Sterling and KDB in my wildcard team but it requires too many sacrifices elsewhere so Foden could be worth the gamble. Then again he's the same price as VVD who returns 200ish points....hmmmm.

Tinkering with a wildcard is the best part of the season for me. I wish Pulisic was fit though so hoping for some good news this week in the pressers. Current tinkering

Guaita / Forster

Robertson / James / Saiss / Lamptey / Taylor

Salah
/ KDB / Podence / Son / Anguissa

Werner / Jimenez / Brewster

Lamptey and Taylor seem to rotate fairly well fixture wise. Can turn Werner into Jesus if he flops again v West Brom. Also tempted by Rashford & Martinez over Son & Guaita. Plenty of options in the £5.5m mid slot to swap Podence for too.
Really like the look of that team, mate!

0161_UNITED

Wouldn't it make sense to wildcard now and make gradual changes when needed, or take hits further down the line if you have to?
It certainly would, especially if you care about global rankings or compete in really competitive mini-leagues where you hope to win. So, don't try this at home kids, especially if you're trying to be ultra-competitive. I only really care about the mini-league I play in with my friends. Again though, my team was really stinking it up. I took zeroes for Pulisic, Tierney and I think I got a 1 from St Maximin. Burke actually playing this week saved me from another 0. If next week Tierney, St. Maximin, Pulisic and Burke don't play - but my replacements do and they only score 2 points, it makes the 16 point hit I took actually a 10 point hit. Everything they score above 2 reduces the impact of that hit. But again, that assumes all 4 won't play, some of them probably will. Again, I'm just a casual player, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with aspirations for global rankings or winning highly competitive mini-leagues.

I tend to follow this same strategy every year, though. Take a fairly big hit early on to stabilize the team and chase some of the players who look like value early on and will rise in price, and save the WC for when I feel that I really know who I want in my team longer term. But again, this is appalling to people who are super serious about FPL, and rightly so.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Are Havertz owners binning or keeping? He scored 3 last night, albeit against a shit Championship side. Thing is, the current WBA are also at the level of a shit Championship side...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Are Havertz owners binning or keeping? He scored 3 last night, albeit against a shit Championship side. Thing is, the current WBA are also at the level of a shit Championship side...
If you've got him, you wouldn't take him out v West Brom!
Same with Werner who i have. But he's on limited time. Can't be a 9.5m striker and not be getting regular returns when there's cheaper options scoring.

Skills

Snitch
Need an alternative to Tierney

Atm my backline is :

KWP -- TAA --- Tierney -- Mitchell -- Bernardo

I can just sub in Mitchell this week (but they're playing Everton). Who's good value in defence for the next few weeks <5.5m?

RashyForPM

If you've got him, you wouldn't take him out v West Brom!
Same with Werner who i have. But he's on limited time. Can't be a 9.5m striker and not be getting regular returns when there's cheaper options scoring.
I think it depends with Havertz. With Werner though, goal or no goal against WBA, I’m getting him out in my GW4 wildcard. Just too many cheaper or better (or both) options even if Werner hits form, like DCL, Kane, Ings and Jimenez. Even Bamford if he keeps rolling the way he has been.

Andi Latte

Atm my backline is :

I can just sub in Mitchell this week (but they're playing Everton). Who's good value in defence for the next few weeks <5.5m?
I would definitely consider Wolves players. They have good fixtures coming up and the likes of Saiss, Coady and Marcal all look to be good value over the next few weeks.

That is, of course, if you're not loaded with Wolves already ;)

Mcking

I think it depends with Havertz. With Werner though, goal or no goal against WBA, I’m getting him out in my GW4 wildcard. Just too many cheaper or better (or both) options even if Werner hits form, like DCL, Kane, Ings and Jimenez. Even Bamford if he keeps rolling the way he has been.
I doubt you'd still have the balls to go with the 'goal or no goal' plan if it's a hat-trick from Werner though.

Mcking

Atm my backline is :

Saiss, no doubt.

Neo_Mufc

Managed to get castagne and James in my wc before they both risen 0.1m. need Werner to drop tonight tomorrow so I can bring him in.

Mcking

DCL scored a hattrick last week too. Any of them get can 3 this season.
It takes a lot of balls to transfer out a striker who just scored a hat trick. I know I wouldn't be able to do it unless the upcoming fixtures look terrible.

As for Werner, I'm convinced the haul is around the corner. Even if he blanks against WBA, I'm keeping him. If he was on Pens, he'd have two goals and a few bonus points already. Chelsea create a lot for their strikers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It takes a lot of balls to transfer out a striker who just scored a hat trick. I know I wouldn't be able to do it unless the upcoming fixtures look terrible.

As for Werner, I'm convinced the haul is around the corner. Even if he blanks against WBA, I'm keeping him. If he was on Pens, he'd have two goals and a few bonus points already. Chelsea create a lot for their strikers.
Werner is on last chance saloon this weekend for me. I realise he'll come good eventually but you can't have 9.5m striker not scoring goals, especially when quite a few cheaper ones are banging them away.

Easy switch to DCL or most likely Jiminez in GW 4 if he blanks again for my team. Frees up some cash too.

Dan_F

Managed to get castagne and James in my wc before they both risen 0.1m. need Werner to drop tonight tomorrow so I can bring him in.
I need him to drop too. Literally 0.1 away from every final change I can think of doing to my wildcard. My own fault as I waited too long to play it, I didn’t expect KDB to go up on the day he did.

What do people think of keeper options? Play a 4.5 mil such as Martinez, or go for 5.5 such as Patricio and downgrade when the fixture turn?

Neo_Mufc

I need him to drop too. Literally 0.1 away from every final change I can think of doing to my wildcard. My own fault as I waited too long to play it, I didn’t expect KDB to go up on the day he did.

What do people think of keeper options? Play a 4.5 mil such as Martinez, or go for 5.5 such as Patricio and downgrade when the fixture turn?
Stick with a 4.5m keeper. I don't think that extra 1m is worth it on keepers. The best ones are normally the cheapest at the lowest teams who have a lot of shots against and can come away with a cs too inc bonus.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I want to wait until GW4 to play my WC, that's my usual plan... but I can do quite a good one now to balance my team... not sure what to do...

Current team:

McCarthy
TAA, Taylor, Dallas
KDB, Klich, Son, Salah
Werner, DCL, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Bissouma, KWP, Buur

Potential team:

Martinez
TAA, Saiss, James
KDB, Praet, Son, Salah
Werner, DCL, Bamfrod

Subs: Steer, Bissouma, Taylor, Lamptey

Please help!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I want to wait until GW4 to play my WC, that's my usual plan... but I can do quite a good one now to balance my team... not sure what to do...

Current team:

McCarthy
TAA, Taylor, Dallas
KDB, Klich, Son, Salah
Werner, DCL, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Bissouma, KWP, Buur

Potential team:

Martinez
TAA, Saiss, James
KDB, Praet, Son, Salah
Werner, DCL, Bamfrod

Subs: Steer, Bissouma, Taylor, Lamptey

Please help!
Not worth it imo. You're not changing enough. My WC team has 10 changes. Yours has a solid base of TAA, Salah, Son, KDB, Werner and DCL and arguably some of the ones you're bringing in are not an improvement e.g Bamford over Mitrovic.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

I think Guaita is worth the extra £0.5m potentially. Nothing over that interests me. Martinez now looks the best £4.5m keeper.