Fantasy Premier League 20/21

saivet

I want to wait until GW4 to play my WC, that's my usual plan... but I can do quite a good one now to balance my team... not sure what to do...

Current team:

McCarthy
TAA, Taylor, Dallas
KDB, Klich, Son, Salah
Werner, DCL, Mitrovic

Subs: Steer, Bissouma, KWP, Buur

Potential team:

Martinez
TAA, Saiss, James
KDB, Praet, Son, Salah
Werner, DCL, Bamfrod

Subs: Steer, Bissouma, Taylor, Lamptey

Please help!
Maddison is or should be fully fit soon so I'd probably expect Praet to be the one to drop out of the starting 11.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not worth it imo. You're not changing enough. My WC team has 10 changes. Yours has a solid base of TAA, Salah, Son, KDB, Werner and DCL and arguably some of the ones you're bringing in are not an improvement e.g Bamford over Mitrovic.
I trust your opinion. I may stick with it...

Wayne's World

Mendy for Chelsea at 5.0. Think that's great value to get a top four team from last season at that price and is guaranteed to be Chelsea's number one this season and hopefully Chelsea will improve defensively to get him some clean-sheets

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Mendy for Chelsea at 5.0. Think that's great value to get a top four team from last season at that price and is guaranteed to be Chelsea's number one this season and hopefully Chelsea will improve defensively to get him some clean-sheets
Will he go straight into the team though? Same price as Guaita. Hmmmm

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Saying that Kepa was also £5m. I assume he'd be £5.5m. I guess FPL doesn't rate the Chelsea defence either. I can see why. You could put prime Buffon in goal but he'd still have Kurt Zouma in front of him.

K Stand Knut

Considering Aubameyang for Harvertz this weekend based on a) fixtures and b) his hat trick last night.

Auba was always going to be my first sub out to free up funds but was going to be for KdB.

Not sure what to do

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Unless your team is an absolute mess i'd recommend saving the wildcard as long as possible (up to gw16 deadline). Covid could yet play havoc with fixtures and no doubt will do.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So looks like no one has Bruno and no one is keeping room for Bruno?

Tarrou

Considering Aubameyang for Harvertz this weekend based on a) fixtures and b) his hat trick last night.

Auba was always going to be my first sub out to free up funds but was going to be for KdB.

Not sure what to do
It's a massive risk to go without KDB because everyones getting him and lots will captain him.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not worth it imo. You're not changing enough. My WC team has 10 changes. Yours has a solid base of TAA, Salah, Son, KDB, Werner and DCL and arguably some of the ones you're bringing in are not an improvement e.g Bamford over Mitrovic.
Now thinking about it, maybe it's still a good idea.

It sorts out all my fringe players. I'm most likely to keep my base barring injuries and they are expensive enough to easily replaced. E.g. Son to Pulisic or Werner to Martial...

My current fringe players are shite.

I'll probably still not play it.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Now thinking about it, maybe it's still a good idea.

It sorts out all my fringe players. I'm most likely to keep my bad barring injuries and they are expressive enough to easily replaced. E.g. Son to Pulisic or Werner to Martial...

My current fringe players are shite.

I'll probably still not play it.
much of the value of wildcarding early in the season is in the price fluctuations, it really helps build team value

given you've left it to the end of the week you've lost out on that pretty much

my advice is don't do it, but if you have a stinker on Saturday click that button and get all the risers in asap

K Stand Knut

It's a massive risk to go without KDB because everyones getting him and lots will captain him.
Yeah, very fair shout.

One thing I’ve learnt from trying to take it really seriously this year is that you can’t afford to not have the biggest hitters so I’m getting as many of them as possible.

Will leave it until last minute because city play tonight but I think KdB is probably the better shout

Neo_Mufc

Does anyone play LMS? I am in a paid league and not really sure who to pick this week. I have 2 picks available.

I know there is an LMS thread but that looks like you cant ask q's in there.

podurban2

Who do you guys think will get the most points in the upcoming gameweek? Jimenez (WHU A), Jesus (LEI, H) or Werner (WBA, A)?
I want to gamble on one of them scoring big...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I still have him, he's way too productive to keep blanking.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm waiting for us to hit form before I bring in any Utd player and for the window to close as Sancho or now most likely another RW signing would complicate things.

Most likely will be when I play my wildcard now.

podurban2

Reddit always post the bookies gs odds which I find useful in making these decisions...
Yeah I saw this one, pretty good. My initial thought is that Jesus have more of an upside to pop off and get a hat-trick due to City's attack but the goals may as well be shared between him, Sterling,Mahrez, KdB... Meanwhile Werner is very likely to be the main man at the end of Chelsea's goals but I just don't see him scoring huge. Same for Jimenez.. Convince me otherwise :)

podurban2

So Captain Werner then maybe? Although Salah looks good too with extra point per goal.
De Bruyne lower, but he got assist potential like crazy.
Yeah De Bruyne has a huge potential for the three bonus points too. I'm leaning towards captaining Son though with the form he is in and also at home vs Newcastle...

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah De Bruyne has a huge potential for the three bonus points too. I'm leaning towards captaining Son though with the form he is in and also at home vs Newcastle...
Just not expecting Newcastle to give him the space that Southampton did. Still a good option though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah I saw this one, pretty good. My initial thought is that Jesus have more of an upside to pop off and get a hat-trick due to City's attack but the goals may as well be shared between him, Sterling,Mahrez, KdB... Meanwhile Werner is very likely to be the main man at the end of Chelsea's goals but I just don't see him scoring huge. Same for Jimenez.. Convince me otherwise :)
Fair analysis. I was just looking on the Chelsea forums and quite a few would like to see Tammy play up front with Havertz in behind and Werner on the left after the understanding they had in midweek. Could happen I guess whilst Pulisic is out but I think when Chelsea have all their players fit they'll play 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech and the 1 being Werner.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just not expecting Newcastle to give him the space that Southampton did. Still a good option though.
Yeah Newcastle will defend deep, Kane will be the more likely scorer.

The options are quite difficult this week.

Salah is a good option at home but Arsenal have improved lately.

KDB should get points against Leicester but Leicester are in some good form.

Son playing a very defensive Newcastle.

Werner should be the obvious choice but it's yet to score.

Dan_F

When will Werner's price fall :mad:
I reckon it won’t. Plenty of people probably sold earlier in the week, now people are probably getting him in before the WBA game (and the fact he didn’t play yesterday)

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Newcastle will defend deep, Kane will be the more likely scorer.

The options are quite difficult this week.

Salah is a good option at home but Arsenal have improved lately.

KDB should get points against Leicester but Leicester are in some good form.

Son playing a very defensive Newcastle.

Werner should be the obvious choice but it's yet to score.
Yeah agree with all you said. I am currently on KDB, but thinking Werner a lot.
Since Leicester have defensive injuries I am thinking they might give away stuff including freekicks and maybe a penalty.
De Bruyne also played very advanced in the last game like a clear number 10 almost as a second striker.

I feel De Bruyne can get points against anyone, but also blank when you least expect him though.

podurban2

Yeah agree with all you said. I am currently on KDB, but thinking Werner a lot.
Since Leicester have defensive injuries I am thinking they might give away stuff including freekicks and maybe a penalty.
De Bruyne also played very advanced in the last game like a clear number 10 almost as a second striker.

I feel De Bruyne can get points against anyone, but also blank when you least expect him though.
I'm leaning towards De Bruyne for this gameweek, then perhaps give it to Werner if he scores and looks good for the following weekend vs Palace at home, or just trade him for Jimenez if he doesn't look to score at all.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm leaning towards De Bruyne for this gameweek, then perhaps give it to Werner if he scores and looks good for the following weekend vs Palace at home, or just trade him for Jimenez if he doesn't look to score at all.
I still have faith in Werner coming good, but not sure if it will take more time.
If Martial gets going then I might bring him in or get Ings if Southampton looks better.

United Hobbit

So, having got off to a shambolic start, I've wild carded, probably the first time I've done it this early.

What do we think of the following:

Not sure whether to change Jiminez for DCL then got a bit of money elsewhere but Jiminez is always reliable for me, ive never had him but doesn't DCL blow hot and cold?

I've gone from this (looking back no wonder I did so terribly!)

GK: Pope & Mccarthy

Defence: Dallas, TAA, Tierney, Egan, Coady

MidField: Pulisic, Salah, Traore, Lundstrum, Ward Prowse

Forwards: Jiminez, Werner, Ayew

To this

GK: Guaita & Mccarthy

Defence: Mitchell, Dallas, Justin, Vinagre, VVD

Midfield: KDB, Mane, Ward Prowse, Greenwood, Praet

Strikers: Jiminez, Werner, Bamford

It feels wrong not having Trent as I usually have him but he's so expensive

The bolded are ones I have doubts about. Id like Rodriguez but can't afford him unless I remove Mason and replace one of the others with dross as I'm. 1 short for him but like having a fairly balanced team, I don't tend to have players just for bench I want them available if required. Also will Mason keep scoring as he's a midfielder now so gets more points per goal.

Last edited:

podurban2

So, having got off to a shambolic start, I've wild carded, probably the first time I've done it this early.

What do we think of the following:

Not sure whether to change Jiminez for DCL then got a bit of money elsewhere but Jiminez is always reliable for me, ive never had him but doesn't DCL blow hot and cold?

I've gone from this (looking back no wonder I did so terribly!)

GK: Pope & Mccarthy

Defence: Dallas, TAA, Tierney, Egan, Coady

MidField: Pulisic, Salah, Traore, Lundstrum, Ward Prowse

Forwards: Jiminez, Werner, Ayew

To this

GK: Guaita & Mccarthy

Defence: Mitchell, Dallas, Justin, Vinagre, VVD

Midfield: KDB, Mane, Ward Prowse, Greenwood, Praet

Strikers: Jiminez, Werner, Bamford

It feels wrong not having Trent as I usually have him but he's so expensive

The bolded are ones I have doubts about. Id like Rodriguez but can't afford him unless I remove Mason and replace one of the others with dross as I'm. 1 short for him but like having a fairly balanced team, I don't tend to have players just for bench I want them available if required. Also will Mason keep scoring as he's a midfielder now so gets more points per goal.
Bamford has some tough fixtures coming up and may not be first choice going forward (Rodrigo will be), I think Klich is the better option for Leeds as he is on penalties. I think Klich or Podence is a better option than Ward Prowse or Praet. Also, you seem to be planning to have a 5.5ish player on the bench? Not sure that's an optimal tactic as you already have a defender that can come in as first choice on the bench. If you swap in a 4.5 player that gives you the option to upgrade elsewhere. I think you could go with the below;

KdB-Mane-Klich-Rodriguez-Foden
Jimenez-Werner (4.5)

Another good player is Zaha who is in form and has great fixtures after Everton and Chelsea.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think I made a rash decision.

I swapped Auba for KDB as that was my planned transfer.

Then I swapped ASM for Klich but now feel Podence might have been the better pick...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Werner has not dropped! What are they doing.
The price rises and drops are a total mess this year. More so than any other year I can remember. I have Werner and haven't wildcarded yet so I shouldn't complain mind you.