Fantasy Premier League 20/21

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I finished 750 out of 781 in the 2019/20 Redcafe league with an entire squad of Chelsea (or ex Chelsea) players and zero transfers or team management.

Quite funny that I didn't come last! I'll do the same again if I can.

Red Star One

I finished 750 out of 781 in the 2019/20 Redcafe league with an entire squad of Chelsea (or ex Chelsea) players and zero transfers or team management.

Quite funny that I didn't come last! I'll do the same again if I can.
You didn't have KDB? Had you left him as your capitan at the beginning of the season it would be much higher than that, trust me!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
They really need to put Mane and Salah as attackers rather than midfielders. It's made strikers a little pointless as you basically have a choice of 3/4 decent ones and have to hope the likes of Dings have a standout season to make a worthwhile alternative.

Martial
Salah
Mane
Rashford
Sterling
Richarlison
Son

Should all be attackers

Nickosaur

Hmmm. I feel it's going to be a lottery this year in terms of choosing which premium mids to go for.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
All prices today:

Kevin De Bruyne - Midfielder - £11.5m
Mo Salah - Midfielder - £12.0m
Raheem Sterling - Midfielder - £11.5m
Nick Pope - Goalkeeper - £5.5m
Bruno Fernandes - Midfielder - £10.5m
Sadio Mane - Midfielder - £12.0m
Jamie Vardy - Forward - £10.0m
Tomas Soucek - Midfielder - £5.0m
Adam Lallana - Midfielder - £6.5m
Pablo Hernandez - Midfielder - £6.0m
Timo Werner - Forward - £9.5m
Jordan Ayew - Forward - £6.0m
Adama Traore - Midfielder - £6.5m
Sander Berge - Midfielder - £5.0m
Richarlison - Forward - £8.0m
Danny Ings - Forward - £8.5m
Christian Pulisic - Midfielder - £8.0m

Paul_Scholes18

All prices today:

Kevin De Bruyne - Midfielder - £11.5m
Mo Salah - Midfielder - £12.0m
Raheem Sterling - Midfielder - £11.5m
Nick Pope - Goalkeeper - £5.5m
Bruno Fernandes - Midfielder - £10.5m
Sadio Mane - Midfielder - £12.0m
Jamie Vardy - Forward - £10.0m
Tomas Soucek - Midfielder - £5.0m
Adam Lallana - Midfielder - £6.5m
Pablo Hernandez - Midfielder - £6.0m
Timo Werner - Forward - £9.5m
Jordan Ayew - Forward - £6.0m
Adama Traore - Midfielder - £6.5m
Sander Berge - Midfielder - £5.0m
Richarlison - Forward - £8.0m
Danny Ings - Forward - £8.5m
Christian Pulisic - Midfielder - £8.0m
I think I am going with Salah over Mane.
Bruno is a big costly and I do think it is better to go with a City midfielder, but De Bruyne or Sterling is hard call or Aguero.

diarm

I guess it makes sense if Salah, Mane and Sterling are mids, that Aubameyang will be too. 12m seems a lot but if Lacazette leaves it could end up and absolute steal. Even if he doesn't, Auba's scoring over the last two season could be worth 250 points as a midfielder.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think everyone is going to have atleast two of Auba, KdB and one of Salah/Mane. Getting in decent strikers is going to be tough this time

diarm

Think everyone is going to have atleast two of Auba, KdB and one of Salah/Mane. Getting in decent strikers is going to be tough this time
If they price Martial at 8m everyone will have him too!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Will probably have to go 3 premium mids, Pulisic and a fairly cheap strike force.

The days of 4-3-3 are probably going.

Auba at 12 in midfield is difficult versus the Liverpool and City boys.

Although City and United not playing week one adds complexity and depends where their double kicks in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they price Martial at 8m everyone will have him too!
He will have to be 9.5 or so surely. And probably trim Rashford down.

Greenwood surely up to 7.5 and maybe out to midfield too

Patchbeard

Auba, Salah, Mane all play in a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3, not a 4-5-1 or 5-4-1...should just be forwards.

diarm

He will have to be 9.5 or so surely. And probably trim Rashford down.

Greenwood surely up to 7.5 and maybe out to midfield too
Martial 9, Rashford 9.5 and Greenwood 7.5. Not a huge amount of value to be found at United this year - our form after the lockdown has killed any hope of that.

Best value in the top 4 looks to be found at Chelsea with Ziyech 8, Mount 7, Pulisic 8.5 and Werner 9.5 all looking very well priced if they can hit the ground running.

Paul_Scholes18

Martial 9, Rashford 9.5 and Greenwood 7.5. Not a huge amount of value to be found at United this year - our form after the lockdown has killed any hope of that.

Best value in the top 4 looks to be found at Chelsea with Ziyech 8, Mount 7, Pulisic 8.5 and Werner 9.5 all looking very well priced if they can hit the ground running.
Think Martial can be good to have. Playing up top and should get goals

Paul_Scholes18

Himself, Bruno and probably Shaw if he's fit are our best looking options alright.
Aguero only 10.5. Is he going to be fit? If so then he is in my side. Kane only 10.5 too. Many good strikers to pick.

Paul_Scholes18

I found it hard to pick 3 strikers of interest. Alternatively so many quality midfielders to choose from
TAA, Martial, Kane, Aguero, Salah. I don't trust Auba personally so these would be my captains. Mainly Aguero if fit although the rotation can be annoying. Only problem is that Martial only gets 4 points and Rashford, Bruno gets 5. Still I think he will produce more than them. Pens is for Bruno though. Werner is new and I prefer Ziyech for 8 million from Chelsea. If no Sancho then I would pick Greenwood too I think.

No pre season makes things hard though. I think I am probably having to go without Aguero since we don't know if he will be ready. Sterling or De Bruyne instead is hard though.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Auba would have got 231 as midfielder last season adjusting for bonus.

Paul_Scholes18

Penalties can be a factor. So Bruno, Salah, Aguero/De Bruyne, Auba, Kane takes them. In Chelsea I am not sure. Werner or Ziyech. The guy taking them is extra good pick particular Ziyech if he takes them.
If De Bruyne is on pens over Aguero then I think he should be in your team since he gets rotated less.
Can we still get penalties like crazy or will the numbers go down? If like crazy then Bruno should be great to have.