Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Just looking at this for the first time - surprised at the high ownership for Werner, wouldn't have considered him as he's new to the league but now getting FOMO

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just looking at this for the first time - surprised at the high ownership for Werner, wouldn't have considered him as he's new to the league but now getting FOMO
Best option for striker. In a radically improved attack (on paper), isn't too expensive and is at a price that you can easily switch out if he ends up being a flop.

saivet

Thought on my current team

Ramsdale, Nyland
TAA, Lamptey, KWP, Vinagre, R. James
KDB, Bruno, ASM, Pereria (West Brom), Soucek
Kane, Martial, Mitrovic

Still quite a few players in there I'm unsure about so changes very likely. I intend to bring Foden and potentially Greenwood in but limiting myself to 3 United / City players for GW1.

Paul_Scholes18

Ramsdale, Nyland
Kane, Martial, Mitrovic

Still quite a few players in there I'm unsure about so changes very likely. I intend to bring Foden and potentially Greenwood in but limiting myself to 3 United / City players for GW1.
'
You need players for week 1 though. I would not have 3 premium players from City and United.
Maybe go Werner and Auba for KDB and Martial if you can find the extra cash.
One on the bench is fine I think.

Neo_Mufc

Ramsdale, Nyland
Kane, Martial, Mitrovic

Ramsdale is 5.0m? I'm not sure about SU, they might suffer with second year syndrome.

Lamptey is ok but that Brighton team really sucks.

Will James be first choice?

KDB/Bruno/Martial don't play in the first match. Are you holding out for the double GW?

Soucek has covid last I heard.

Your team looks good. There's a few maybes in there but tbh the best players are the ones who react the quickest after the first couple gwks.

Paul_Scholes18

Ramsdale is 5.0m? I'm not sure about SU, they might suffer with second year syndrome.

Lamptey is ok but that Brighton team really sucks.

KDB/Bruno/Martial don't play in the first match. Are you holding out for the double GW?

Your team looks good. There's a few maybes in there but tbh the best players are the ones who react the quickest after the first couple gwks.
Ramsdale is fine though. Sheffield will still be a defensive side even if they are not doing as well.
They might struggle more as the season goes on though, but it is hard to know the gems in goal from the start.

Neo_Mufc

Ramsdale is fine though. Sheffield will still be a defensive side even if they are not doing as well.
They might struggle more as the season goes on though, but it is hard to know the gems in goal from the start.
With keepers I tend to just go cheap now. I used to go for the Edersons and De Geas but then realised they barely get save points.

Was it cardiff citys keeper a few years back that got so many points in the first 3 GWk's.

saivet

'
You need players for week 1 though. I would not have 3 premium players from City and United.
Maybe go Werner and Auba for KDB and Martial if you can find the extra cash.
One on the bench is fine I think.
Auba for KDB was a change I made in my a head a few days ago but never did it on the app :lol:

I think I want to get in City and United attacking players so trying to avoid an early hit.

No idea with James, was just struggling to find defenders but the he has a big risk that he doesn't play or is injured.

Not holding out for a DGW with the United/City assets, I just want to bring them in avoiding a hit.

Blimey I will get rid of Soucek in that case.

Neo_Mufc

No idea with James, was just struggling to find defenders but the he has a big risk that he doesn't play or is injured.

Not holding out for a DGW with the United/City assets, I just want to bring them in avoiding a hit.

Blimey I will get rid of Soucek in that case.
Yeh I feel like it's a waste at the moment bringing those players in not to play for that GW.

James I dunnno, he's a great talent but I would wait till you know what Lamps regular back 4 will be. There are many bargain defenders out there!

Charlie Taylor 4.5m
Dallas 4.5 (Meant to pick up the odd goal and that Leeds side apparently had the best defence under Biesla so they could be the best out of the 3 to fight for the clean sheets)
Justin 4.5 (I believe he should play for Leicester? someone correct me if so)
Vinagre 4.5 (Wolves are a great team and he is playing until said play returns from injury)

Vernon Philander

Why is Justin so heavily preferred to Thomas from Leicester?

Both 4.5mil, but Justin seems more temp until Pereira returns, whereas Thomas is no longer understudy at LB now Chilwell has gone so should be permanent.

RashyForPM

Yeh I feel like it's a waste at the moment bringing those players in not to play for that GW.

James I dunnno, he's a great talent but I would wait till you know what Lamps regular back 4 will be. There are many bargain defenders out there!

Charlie Taylor 4.5m
Dallas 4.5 (Meant to pick up the odd goal and that Leeds side apparently had the best defence under Biesla so they could be the best out of the 3 to fight for the clean sheets)
Justin 4.5 (I believe he should play for Leicester? someone correct me if so)
Vinagre 4.5 (Wolves are a great team and he is playing until said play returns from injury)
Not anymore I don’t think. They just signed CL quarterfinalist Timothy Castagne, who played RWB for Atalanta.

Mcking

Ramsdale, Nyland
Kane, Martial, Mitrovic

Not sure about that midfield. Too many midfielders, and you've spent too much on the bench. Three Manchester players are too much for week 1 too.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
McCarthy/Nyland
TAA/Justin/Egan/Bernardo/Douglas
Salah/St.Maximin/Sala/Auba/Son
Werner/Ings/Wickham

Comments?

Plan is to swap Salah & Werner for one of KdB/Sterling & Martial for gameweek 2.

Possibly use my wildcard by the end of 3/4 weeks once fixtures become more favourable for some teams I’m avoiding atm (such as Liverpool & Chelsea, but not just limited to them) and do a complete shuffle with more smart acquisitions from top teams (Constant performers but not expensive); potentially players like Greenwood, Pulisic, Willian, Foden etc. They will also help me balance out my defence & goalie who (current ones) aren’t reliable on long term basis.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
McCarthy/Nyland
TAA/Justin/Egan/Bernardo/Douglas
Salah/St.Maximin/Sala/Auba/Son
Werner/Ings/Wickham

Comments?

Plan is to swap Salah & Werner for one of KdB/Sterling & Martial for gameweek 2.

Possibly use my wildcard by the end of 3/4 weeks once fixtures become more favourable for some teams I’m avoiding atm (such as Liverpool & Chelsea, but not just limited to them) and do a complete shuffle with more smart acquisitions from top teams (Constant performers but not expensive); potentially players like Greenwood, Pulisic, Willian, Foden etc. They will also help me balance out my defence & goalie who (current ones) aren’t reliable on long term basis.
Don't like the minus 4 in GW2. Wildcard can surely wait longer too. I'd have a rethink

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Don't like the minus 4 in GW2. Wildcard can surely wait longer too. I'd have a rethink
Wildcard can wait surely but -4 is definitely looking compulsory since city/united not playing GW1 and saving spots for them from the start will cost me gravely. The -4 won’t be as bad comparatively. Even Grealish/AV not playing GW1.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I burnt my wildcard early last season and regretted it. Think it'll be a lot more valuable this season too with players being sidelined from covid.

Re: City and United. I think most will be bringing in a United player in gw2 and waiting till gw3 to bring in someone from City (Auba will be mass transferred out here) seeing as they have Wolves in gw2 who beat them twice last season.

Paul_Scholes18

With keepers I tend to just go cheap now. I used to go for the Edersons and De Geas but then realised they barely get save points.

Was it cardiff citys keeper a few years back that got so many points in the first 3 GWk's.
Yeah he saved two penalties in the first two games.
I am going to go cheap eventually with maybe two cheap keepers on my wildcard.
Just want to see who starts well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wildcard can wait surely but -4 is definitely looking compulsory since city/united not playing GW1 and saving spots for them from the start will cost me gravely. The -4 won’t be as bad comparatively. Even Grealish/AV not playing GW1.
City play wolves away. It's hardly a must have mate.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
City play wolves away. It's hardly a must have mate.
Yeah that’s true. But my plan was to swap salah with kdb or sterling cuz they have a higher chance of doing something against wolves and the next game. Salah is an expensive bet to take against Chelsea n Arsenal. Both teams will keep Liverpool locked in. What do you think about the bolder part? Keep Salah or bring in one of them ?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah that’s true. But my plan was to swap salah with kdb or sterling cuz they have a higher chance of doing something against wolves and the next game. Salah is an expensive bet to take against Chelsea n Arsenal. Both teams will keep Liverpool locked in. What do you think about the bolder part? Keep Salah or bring in one of them ?
Why bother even having him if you want him out so soon. You're just booking in a transfer right away and someone else might emerge in GW1 who you want in for GW2. That would then be an issue for your team.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Looks good for GW1 but what are your plans for after ?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Why bother even having him if you want him out so soon. You're just booking in a transfer right away and someone else might emerge in GW1 who you want in for GW2. That would then be an issue for your team.
Yeah true.

It’s just that city united not playing GW1 is really making this complicated for me. I wanted to start with Salah to get a solid start on GW1 whereby I could then afford to potentially take a -4.

Have you setup your team yet?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah true.

It’s just that city united not playing GW1 is really making this complicated for me. I wanted to start with Salah to get a solid start on GW1 whereby I could then afford to potentially take a -4.

It helps to look at the first 5/6 fixtures and decide who you want to captain when building a team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah true.

I'm keeping Salah I think. Auba will become a city mid in gw3 most likely. Son might become a Utd mid will have to see how we perform first. I'm not overly confident we are going to back a quick start to the league. Looked sluggish in last 5 or 6 games of season. And we won't be match fit versus Palace and they will be.

RashyForPM

Is there a Caf league this year? If so, can somebody pm me the code? Thanks lads.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What do you guys think of

McCarthy

TAA, Doherty, Tierney

Auba, Salah, Son, Saka, Saint Maxi

Vardy, Mitrovic

Subs: Nyland, Brewster, Ferguson, Mitchell
No werner is brave

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm contemplating Reece James over Doherty. £1m difference there.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I really can't think of a third striker.

Currently have Mitrovic, Werner and Antonio. Really want to get rid of Antonio but the options at 6.5 and below are not great...

ROFLUTION

Why is Justin so heavily preferred to Thomas from Leicester?

Both 4.5mil, but Justin seems more temp until Pereira returns, whereas Thomas is no longer understudy at LB now Chilwell has gone so should be permanent.
How about that new fella they bought?

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz in at 8.5. Lots of value to be had with Chelsea attackers this season.

Pulisic (8.5), Ziyech (8.0), Havertz (8.5), Werner (9.5), Mount (7.0), Tammy (7.5).

Might end up with a bias-induced 3 man Chelsea attack by GW10.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Mane or Salah.

That is the question.
There is no question. It's Salah.

They'll probably get similar numbers from open play but Salah will take penalties.

With Havertz at 8.5, Chelsea players are so tempting but no one knows how long before these guys bed in and with the squad they have, they'll rotate a fair bit I reckon.

Werner is probably the safest bet from them.

Paul_Scholes18

There is no question. It's Salah.

They'll probably get similar numbers from open play but Salah will take penalties.
Milner might play though. I am not too confident in having either for long.
Sterling,Bruno or De Bruyne in after 2-3 games or on a wildcard.