Fantasy Premier League 20/21

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Auba, but Bruno can be pretty good too. Not sure if Palace gives away many penalties though as that is what you might need for a big haul from him.
Definitely Auba for me. Could easily see him get Salah type points this weekend at home to West Ham
Thanks was thinking Auba but realized Chelsea have a shit defense as well and Salah could score again so was in a dilemma. Arsenal have options now don’t they - Laca, Pepe, Willian, Auba, Saka etc.

RDCR07

Which got him the assist I guess? What about corners and other indirect set-pieces? If James is taking most of them, then not sure about Digne anymore.
Think James took corners but Digne still crosses a fair amount during attacks. His value shouldn’t really diminish. I’m not sold on James until he has end product and becomes more consistent. They have quite a few on attack who can provide points so it might be up an up and down season from their players.

starman

I am stuck on the dilemma of Rodriguez, Auba & Bamford vs Rashford, Son & Watkins??

i will probably keep the former for next week and revert to the latter over the following weeks

saivet

Did anyone watch the Everton-Tottenham game? Who took set-pieces for Everton, James or Digne?
Recall James taking a corner, though Digne took the free kick to assist the goal.

On the FPL app they have a set piece takers sections which says Digne is first choice for all set pieces.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Resisting the urge to make a transfer. I want two free transfers going into gw3. Going without both United n City this gameweek is slightly concerning though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Resisting the urge to make a transfer. I want two free transfers going into gw3. Going without both United n City this gameweek is slightly concerning though.
The two Manchester clubs can look rusty, that's easily possible.

City have had no pre season.

They're both playing two solid defensive teams.

I'm in no rush.

Bloody hell, am i the only one who doesn't have him? KDB, Salah and Bruno is my midfield
:nervous:
If I had to choose from those 3, it would be Bruno or Salah.

Vernon Philander

Moving Alli on, who do I replace with?

Can afford Rashford, or do I go for a J.Rodriguez (already have Martial, so another Utd player isn't essential)

Neo_Mufc

Can afford Rashford, or do I go for a J.Rodriguez (already have Martial, so another Utd player isn't essential)
I'm dying to bring Rodriguez in but will wait one more week due to wanting 2 transfers.

Kuba

So about players value rising, from my observation.

when you go to The transfers and from the menu click transfer in or out (round) you can see how many were made. Normally if the player was transfered around 200k Net he should rise 0.1

so right now there is lot of players around that number

Defenders
more than 200
Gabriel 5.0

almost 200
Justin 4.5
Mitchell 4.0
Digne 6.0

more than 100
James 5.0
Castagne 5.5

Midfielders
more than 200
Bruno 10.5
Kdb 11.5
Willian 8.1

almost 200
Salah 12.0

more than 100
James 7.5
Hendrick 5.0

Forwards
more than 200
Bamford 5.6

almost 200
DCL 7.0
Wilson 6.5
Martial 9.0

more than 100
Vardy 10.0

I tried to find some path for Willian and Bamford and compared it to Gabriel and Wilson and it does not make any sense.

Bamford rised 99% from the GW1 Willian 51% Wilson 30% and Gabriel 272%
Percentage of transfers out to in are
12 Bamford, 11 Willian, 19 Wilson and 8.5 Gabriel.

So i guess it is more about that 200k transfers Net

The funny thing is almost 50k people had KdB for blank round and now sold him

Aaron, Bruno, Mason and Tony were sold around 40k each after GW1

I mean... why ?

about value going down, I have no idea how it works, but must be totally different than going up.

TAA Was sold more than 200k Doherty 130 k but their price is still The same

there are 5 players that dropped 0.1
Saliba
Soares
Pepe
Mane
Minamino

so I made some math and the thing that they have in common is they dropped from more than 20% of teams from the start of the GW1, so I guess that could be the key.

I didn't have much time but find few more that are close to that 20% drop so maybe it will give us more answers if they pass it
Pulisic 16.4%
Saka 19%
Antonio 15 %

TAA and Doherty are around 7% down so if their price won't change that also be some clue.

I hope that can help somehow.

Have a nice Day :)

Reactions: Varun

ROFLUTION

So about players value rising, from my observation.

when you go to The transfers and from the menu click transfer in or out (round) you can see how many were made. Normally if the player was transfered around 200k Net he should rise 0.1

so right now there is lot of players around that number

Defenders
more than 200
Gabriel 5.0

almost 200
Justin 4.5
Mitchell 4.0
Digne 6.0

more than 100
James 5.0
Castagne 5.5

Midfielders
more than 200
Bruno 10.5
Kdb 11.5
Willian 8.1

almost 200
Salah 12.0

more than 100
James 7.5
Hendrick 5.0

Forwards
more than 200
Bamford 5.6

almost 200
DCL 7.0
Wilson 6.5
Martial 9.0

more than 100
Vardy 10.0

I tried to find some path for Willian and Bamford and compared it to Gabriel and Wilson and it does not make any sense.

Bamford rised 99% from the GW1 Willian 51% Wilson 30% and Gabriel 272%
Percentage of transfers out to in are
12 Bamford, 11 Willian, 19 Wilson and 8.5 Gabriel.

So i guess it is more about that 200k transfers Net

The funny thing is almost 50k people had KdB for blank round and now sold him

Aaron, Bruno, Mason and Tony were sold around 40k each after GW1

I mean... why ?

about value going down, I have no idea how it works, but must be totally different than going up.

TAA Was sold more than 200k Doherty 130 k but their price is still The same

there are 5 players that dropped 0.1
Saliba
Soares
Pepe
Mane
Minamino

so I made some math and the thing that they have in common is they dropped from more than 20% of teams from the start of the GW1, so I guess that could be the key.

I didn't have much time but find few more that are close to that 20% drop so maybe it will give us more answers if they pass it
Pulisic 16.4%
Saka 19%
Antonio 15 %

TAA and Doherty are around 7% down so if their price won't change that also be some clue.

I hope that can help somehow.

Have a nice Day :)
Whoa, hats off for doing all that manual work. That's nice to share with us. But there's already sites who have tried to crack the price-rise algorhitm like www.fplstatistics.co.uk

From what I gather, it's about how many people own the player to begin with, compared to how big the change of ownership is.

So if Trent has 1 m owners, and now 200k switches him out, it should be somehow similar to if Bissouma has 100.000 owners and 20k switches him out.

Dan_F

I went with James. Not convinced 100% by him, but the next few fixtures are good, he’s going to rise (and Alli drop), so you might as well bank that 0.5 at the same time.

I’m also going to need to shift Davies if Spurs sign Reguilon, I made some terrible decisions starting off this year.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Wildcard it is! Currently on
Ryan (Miazek)
James - Lamptey - Justin - Shaw (Mitchell)
Salah - Auba - Rodriguez - Mahrez (D. Luiz)
Werner - Martial (Davis)
0.5 in the bank.

I might be committing FPL suicide, but I might just go without Trent and Robertson for the season.
Midfield is still dicey but after getting burned with Mane I had to get Salah in for him quickly before his price fall affected things. Havertz might need some time to adjust so I dropped him and went for Mahrez as I need a City presence in the team without dropping Auba until after GW2.
I'd have gone with Greenwood instead of Rodriguez but not sure if he starts well with his off field issues + Everton are up against Westbrom at home. 0.5 left in the bank means I can also easily switch Rodriguez to Ziyech or Mahrez for Pulisic depending on who'll look available to play after GW2.
Martial is good for at least a goal or assist against CP and I see Chelsea v Liverpool being a high scoring game so I'm retaining Werner and Salah.
I'm actually planning on keeping Werner and Martial as permanent strikers this season bar a serious injury to either.

Wayne's World

Decided to bring in De Bruyne and dropped Havertz from my side. Even if KDB doesn't start scoring well starting off, he'll always gain plenty of points throughout the season and can see his price rising further so I'd get him in now.

RDCR07

Bloody hell, am i the only one who doesn't have him? KDB, Salah and Bruno is my midfield
:nervous:
I had the same three. Then realized Auba is home to West Ham next and KDB is away to Wolves. I ll play Auba this week and take him out the next week, get in KDB and bank the 0.5m left.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I had the same three. Then realized Auba is home to West Ham next and KDB is away to Wolves. I ll play Auba this week and take him out the next week, get in KDB and bank the 0.5m left.
0.4m or maybe evn 0.3m it will be by then. But still a good plan and what i intend to do.

podurban2

Hopefully Auba rises too especially if he has a good game. Or if he doesn’t go up and KDB rises then I bring in Sterling.
He'll have to rise 0.2 for you to capitalize on it though, that's not going to happen.

RDCR07

I have 10 different teams in my first XI with Liverpool being the only team I have 2 players from.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
0.4m or maybe evn 0.3m it will be by then. But still a good plan and what i intend to do.
KDB price is still the same right now. You can get to GW2 and make the transfer before any update kicks in. So he can save the full 0.5

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
KDB price is still the same right now. You can get to GW2 and make the transfer before any update kicks in. So he can save the full 0.5
He goes up tonight according to all the predicting sites. So it's 0.4m from tomorrow. He will go up again next week too when about 1m dump Auba for him too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He goes up tonight according to all the predicting sites. So it's 0.4m from tomorrow. He will go up again next week too when about 1m dump Auba for him too.
According to those price index sites, he was supposed to go up midnight (today) but didn't. Not sure if that's an algorithm thing or something else at play. I reckon it will go up tomorrow but there's a slight chance it might not.

Patchbeard

According to those price index sites, he was supposed to go up midnight (today) but didn't. Not sure if that's an algorithm thing or something else at play. I reckon it will go up tomorrow but there's a slight chance it might not.
I think the issue with the algorithms is that they can't filter out transfers that were made by people who have played their wildcard that GW, and transfers made during a wildcard DON'T count towards a players value rising or falling. So as there is probably a large number of people wildcarding this GW that would lead to the algorithm predicting price rises ahead of time, like yesterday.

Edit: still seems certain they'll rise before the deadline though, unless there is also something which prevents KDB + Bruno's prices changing because they haven't actually played yet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think the issue with the algorithms is that they can't filter out transfers that were made by people who have played their wildcard that GW, and transfers made during a wildcard count towards a players value rising or falling. So as there is probably a large number of people wildcarding this GW that would lead to the algorithm predicting price rises ahead of time, like yesterday.
Thanks for this. Rather frustrating.

I know I want KDB after GW2 and Martial after GW3.

Quite annoying if I can't feed this in time! So do wildcards also affect player prices? I'd have hoped they keep City and United players constant at least for this game week.

Canuckred64

Thanks for this. Rather frustrating.

I know I want KDB after GW2 and Martial after GW3.

Quite annoying if I can't feed this in time! So do wildcards also affect player prices? I'd have hoped they keep City and United players constant at least for this game week.
I maybe wrong but I dont believe Wildcards affect price increases, at least they haven't in the past. I think that's why when it looks like a player should go up, they dont. Because once you take away the wildcard transfers, they are less than 1000% of the target needed.

RashyForPM

What do people think of transferring Son and Kane out to get Martial and Bruno? A simple -4 (not much considering my shit first week) to get more productive players playing under a more progressive manager (say what you want about Ole, he is currently better than Mourinho).

Deery

Dreary
Watkins or Rodrigo both have easy games Leeds could score lots but Watkins scored at the Weekend?

Varun

Staff
What do people think of transferring Son and Kane out to get Martial and Bruno? A simple -4 (not much considering my shit first week) to get more productive players playing under a more progressive manager (say what you want about Ole, he is currently better than Mourinho).
No brainer. I wouldn't touch Spurs attackers with a barge pole under the Darb One

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A few people in my mini league are avoiding Salah this season which pleases me greatly. Already a differential.

Tempted also to go Sterling over KDB and Rashford over Bruno when I get them in. Will be watching them both closely at the weekend.