Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Neo_Mufc

Watching Gilette Socer Special, slightly worried that Southampton are 2 down and they have spurs on the weekend.

I'm going to watch Spurs tomorrow as well. If they struggle again I might have to take a punt and remove one.

Paul_Scholes18

Southampton look like a team to abandon as fast as you can. Waiting for the wildcard though. Hopefully not too many drops in value since people have other things to do.

Neo_Mufc

The Bale deal is looking rather close. I'm clutching here but do people think he might be available for GWK2? I'm last in my draft.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The Bale deal is looking rather close. I'm clutching here but do people think he might be available for GWK2? I'm last in my draft.
If they get the deal done today then maybe. But not sure how soon he will play. His match fitness levels will not be good. Might take him a couple of weeks to get going. His price I reckon will be around 10m?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If they get the deal done today then maybe. But not sure how soon he will play. His match fitness levels will not be good. Might take him a couple of weeks to get going. His price I reckon will be around 10m?
Don't see him as value early on tbh.

Firstly it's mourinho, second his fitness may take time, third he might be injured in a short time, and finally you have Havertz/Pulisic comfortably less with likely ending on similar stats. Or at least not so bad as to justify paying 10m for Bale.

I'm going to wait a while before considering him.

Neo_Mufc

Heard he's out for a month.

sillwuka

I think it might be a good idea to keep Kane or Son in for this weekend.

Saint have played a full strength team tonight and aren't looking too good..

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Anyone want to talk me out of Alli and Ings out for James Rodriguez and Martial?
Think that's definitely a hit worth taking considering Ali may not even start. Clearly something wrong there with him and Jose.

Paul_Scholes18

Time to start ditching those Southampton players
I would wait since they play against Mourinho next.
I might wildcard them all out next week though.
Sadly it feels like 1 week too early before you know enough form from teams.

Locke

Had to use wildcard, 48 points last week and last in friends league.
Thinking with the wildcard that some city and united players can be a differential as my friends will have maximum 1-2 of them next week. Martial, Bruno, Shaw, KDB so far.
Who else from city you think? Foden? Mahrez?
either that or I buy Rodriguez from Everton.
Also have Auba and Wilson.
Backline is very much 4.5 players with Justin, Lewis, Lamptey.
No Liverpool players, never use them because I hate them.

Kuba

Do you think that Ole is gonna teach Mason a lesson and put him on a bench ( probably the worst thing to do IMO) or he just gonna say - kid this is your time show them who you really are, and then he is gonna do a Lewandowski and score 5 goals in less then 10 minutes ?

We don't have very creative defenders and playing with Bruno Pogba sits deeper so he is not gonna grab lot of goals and assists.

Rashford is a shadow of himself at least for now so i guess 90% of our firepower gonna come from Bruno-Martial-Greenwood and whoever's gonna score from that trio one of other two gonna assist it. We have probably the easiest start from all top table clubs.

So I am really thinking about putting three of them in my team.

Each milion of player's value in Fantasy should give you 20 pts to be worth it.

Greenwood 7.5 should get 150, Bruno 10.5 - 210 and Martial 9.0 - 180 pts.

IMO all of them easily will get more than that bar injuries and/or if we will get Sancho then Greenwood probably gonna play a little less.

also i want to have TAA or Robertson in my team but from the 4 GW after they play Chelsea and Arsenal.

So sth like
McCarthy
TAA/Robertson, James/Saiss, Digne, Mitchell, Justin
Kdb, Bruno, Greenwood, James R/Pulisic, Bissouma ( if i have 0.5- 1.0 left i can go for 5.0-5.5 player here)
Martial,
Werner and 4.5£ or
Richarlison/DCL and Wilson, Bamford, Witkins, Adams or some other 6 ish mln in form striker.

Like I said yesterday Saka was very close to being dropped from almost 20% of teams and right now its more than 20% also Alli Lost more than 20% and both of them dropped 0.1 in value so it looks like this is how it works.

Dan_F

Has anyone who had Salah from the start used their wildcard? Seems to me most people are basing their poor start on the fact that they scored 40-50 points.

Take out Salah and I’d be willing to bet that was the average score. It’s mental that people have used one of the most powerful chips in the game, based off one bad week.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Has anyone who had Salah from the start used their wildcard? Seems to me most people are basing their poor start on the fact that they scored 40-50 points.

Take out Salah and I’d be willing to bet that was the average score. It’s mental that people have used one of the most powerful chips in the game, based off one bad week.
I had 68 points without salah as captain.

I was considering a wildcard and then thought, Wtf am I doing :lol:

The only thing I'm contemplating now is dropping werner for martial and taking a 4 point hit. But Liverpool can be got at, and I need a goal and an assist from Martial (or similar) to really justify it.

sillwuka

I'd be more confident of Martial bagging over Werner this week.

I could be spectacularly wrong but Chelsea looked poor the other night, not sure how they got 3 goals.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had to use wildcard, 48 points last week and last in friends league.
Thinking with the wildcard that some city and united players can be a differential as my friends will have maximum 1-2 of them next week. Martial, Bruno, Shaw, KDB so far.
Who else from city you think? Foden? Mahrez?
either that or I buy Rodriguez from Everton.
Also have Auba and Wilson.
Backline is very much 4.5 players with Justin, Lewis, Lamptey.
No Liverpool players, never use them because I hate them.
The average was 49 so you got 1 pt less. I only got 52 and I usually finish very high every season. Could work out for you but I think you'll regret pulling the trigger so soon unless your team was just crazy which it doesn't sound like it was.

Kuba

yeah i had Salah and Auba got 71 pts and still used WC, get rid of both of them and replace them with KdB and Bruno plus i bought almost every player that is going up, already had Justin, Mitchell,

but add James, Gabriel, Willian, James R, DCL, Bamford, Martial and Bruno, KDB. So my team will be worth more than 101 and then if some of them Gabriel, Willian get some pts against WHU or Bamford bang another pts at Home against Fulham they will be worth 0.3-0.4 more than when i bought them so if i sell them in the next few GWs I will get extras 0.5 mln for another players.

Before season started i had Salah, Kdb and Bruno for around 250 each. Salah already has 20 pts which i gained so he has 230 more to go.

KdB and Bruno have still 38 games to play. Each mln in Fantasy should give you 20 pts, so if Bruno 10.5 is going to get 250 is 1.5 mln cheaper which is worth 30 pts (you can get Digne and Bruno or Salah and 4.5 defender) than Salah who from right now gonna get 20 less from his overall score for a season it means i need to be sure that Salah gonna get 50 pts more than Bruno to have him so that would mean if Bruno gonna get 250 pts Salah should have 300 to be better choice. Same with De Bruyne if he is gonna get that 250 Salah should get 280 to be better and i doubt it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
yeah i had Salah and Auba got 71 pts and still used WC, get rid of both of them and replace them with KdB and Bruno plus i bought almost every player that is going up, already had Justin, Mitchell,

but add James, Gabriel, Willian, James R, DCL, Bamford, Martial and Bruno, KDB. So my team will be worth more than 101 and then if some of them Gabriel, Willian get some pts against WHU or Bamford bang another pts at Home against Fulham they will be worth 0.3-0.4 more than when i bought them so if i sell them in the next few GWs I will get extras 0.5 mln for another players.

Before season started i had Salah, Kdb and Bruno for around 250 each. Salah already has 20 pts which i gained so he has 230 more to go.

KdB and Bruno have still 38 games to play. Each mln in Fantasy should give you 20 pts, so if Bruno 10.5 is going to get 250 is 1.5 mln cheaper which is worth 30 pts (you can get Digne and Bruno or Salah and 4.5 defender) than Salah who from right now gonna get 20 less from his overall score for a season it means i need to be sure that Salah gonna get 50 pts more than Bruno to have him so that would mean if Bruno gonna get 250 pts Salah should have 300 to be better choice. Same with De Bruyne if he is gonna get that 250 Salah should get 280 to be better and i doubt it.
Covid not worry you? Cases on rise again. Possible postponements if teams get infected. Having your early wildcard in your pocket might prove vital this season.

Never understood people using it GW2 just to get on the player price rises either. Unless you made an absolute mess of your starting team it's such a waste using a wildcard in GW 2 when you had a wildcard essentially prior to GW 1.

Kuba

It's not mainly about players price rises.
It's more about City and United blank week and my obsession to have KdB, Bruno, Martial and Greenwood in a team. I didnt want to have more than 30 mln on a bench especially knowing some of my other players could be benched like Saka Was.

So i choose my gw1 team only for that round, knowing i would change it anyway, i can have all City and United players i wanted from their 1st round and can have inform and rising players that could give me some pts and a chance for few extra 0.1 mln if i sell them.

So i am fully convinced i made a good choice.

If Covid gonna hit any team i don't think one WC gonna make any difference. Plus I have probably never used my WC in the first half of the season other than first few GWs after that i just never need it.

Neo_Mufc

I think the value to be found early on is definitely Everton. That GW1 performance was enough for me to hope that I can grab bargains.

Now I already started Doucoure for 5.5m because he's one of those players who is capable of the odd goal assist here or there.

Now I'm contemplating between

DCL - 7.1m - He's the cheapest out of the bunch and has already seen his price rise by 0.1m
Richarlison - 8.0m - Most expensive but he should be on penalties no???
Rodriguez - 7.5m - I really like what I saw.

It will be for either Son or Ings. I feel like I should be patient on the basis that FPL has a habit of sometimes punishing those who transfer out quickly.

Thoughts?

Varun

Staff
I think the value to be found early on is definitely Everton. That GW1 performance was enough for me to hope that I can grab bargains.

Now I already started Doucoure for 5.5m because he's one of those players who is capable of the odd goal assist here or there.

DCL - 7.1m - He's the cheapest out of the bunch and has already seen his price rise by 0.1m

It will be for either Son or Ings. I feel like I should be patient on the basis that FPL has a habit of sometimes punishing those who transfer out quickly.

Thoughts?
Wait another GW or 2 especially with possible transfers happening

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Thoughts?
Very risky basing all this from one game week.

starman

Damm, Bale's going to throw a spanner in the works, I reckon he's going to be about 10m, might be risky if he can't count on him playing every game.

I am not sure I like the new classification of having wider forwards as midfielders, think they need to introduce another tier for those specific players if they are not classed as forwards..

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Damm, Bale's going to throw a spanner in the works, I reckon he's going to be about 10m, might be risky if he can't count on him playing every game.

I am not sure I like the new classification of having wider forwards as midfielders, think they need to introduce another tier for those specific players if they are not classed as forwards..
Son is only 9m, Havertz and Pullisic are 8.5m so I doubt Bale will be any more than 9m. He certainly won't be on my radar at 10m anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Who else is thinking to captain Bruno over Auba? Or am I just nuts