Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Neo_Mufc

I have the money to do Kane in for a hit. It's either Ings or Jimenez out. Which one do we all reckon?

Both have tricky looking games this week but Ings has probably looked the better player so far. Only 1 more goal though mind you.
Might be interesting to see if Gareth Bale plays this week and what impact he has on the team. I also believe Jose will start to give less minutes to Kane considering the emphasis on a 2nd striker and all the talk of Kane never getting a rest. If I had to pick one I would drop Jiminez because Ings seems like he can give you a goal anytime where as Jimi has looked slightly stale recently but no doubt he has the ability to pick up.

Sterling is yellow and it says 75% chance of playing, I want to swap him for KDB but is he likely to play? He's the most expensive i can afford. Havertz maybe?

Vinagre going on loan is annoying too though im doing so badly its irrelevant!

Werner can stay for now as I have more pressing issues but if he blanks against a leaking Southampton hes in the bin.
Sterling has to play and I'm quite confident. Do you really want to swap KDB? if it's just fitness I don't see why KDB is just not rested for Sunday and maybe features part way in the champions league.

How long is KDB out for? I think I'll just keep him if it's not too bad.
Not confirmed but I believe it will be just 1 premier league game.

Zaha vs Brighton or Saint Maxim vs us. Intend to put one of them on bench so that I can pick 3 forwards

Who will bring more points?
Zaha has penalties no? If so go with him.

Paul_Scholes18

Grealish in for a -4 vs weakend defense for Leicester?
Could be worth it over waiting since I got other problems as well.

Neo_Mufc

Grealish in for a -4 vs weakend defense for Leicester?
Could be worth it over waiting since I got other problems as well.
I'm not a fan of hits but tbh the way the league is set, my thinking is everyone is and can be on fire.

Neo_Mufc

Has anyone subscribed to one of those pay for services that let you analyse players and stats etc?

I'm tempted to dabble in one if it's not too expensive. Could raise my game a bit.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm not a fan of hits but tbh the way the league is set, my thinking is everyone is and can be on fire.
I am just worried about Podence not starting too. Did plan to uppgrade him to Son, but got Son by selling KDB.
Feel like Wolves aren't on fire like Villa either. Grealish could be a long term pick.
Was going to wait one week, but Leicester have many injuries in defense so could be a good game for him.

I might need a future hit for defense anyway so could be worth making this move as long as Grealish stays fit.

Paul_Scholes18

Has anyone subscribed to one of those pay for services that let you analyse players and stats etc?

I'm tempted to dabble in one if it's not too expensive. Could raise my game a bit.
Feels like stats matter more after sometime when you have enough data for it.
Stats after Covid might look very different than before. Feels like there is more goals,
less save points and more efficiency so far. Defending has got worse for sure.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
KDB hurts me quite a bit. Only have the choice to bring in Lamptey or Brewster. Should I bench Mitchell this week for Lamptey?

Think I'm going to have to start Brewster.
That's a good point. I could just play Lamptey myself and bench KDB. Well the other way round obviously just in case Pep is playing mind games.

kiristao

So KDB out for sure? Was thinking of bringing in Sterling but he also is doubtful. Have Kane so don't want to bring in Son. Have Salah so don't want to bring in Mane. Bruno looks like my best bet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have got the wildcard set like this so far

Martinez (4m chump)
TAA, Chilwell, Justin, Holding, Mitchell
Salah, Son, Rodriguez, Grealish, Jorginho
Kane, DCL, Watkins

That feels a really strong midfield and attack, with a couple of quality defenders in there too.
Takes in a lot of very in form players which is always important.

As always a few doubts...

Squeeze Saiss in?
No City or United, is that a problem right now?
3 Villa
2 Everton v Liverpool.
Brewster could be gold at 4.5, and plays Fulham this week. But maybe too soon. Hard to justify taking one of the front boys out as well, unless needing to bump up someone else.
Justin and Mitchell could well lose their places soon. Holding missed the last game.
Originally had either Brewster or Bamford up front instead of Kane and even more funds in midfield, but Tottenham's fixtures are unreal this next 3-4 game weeks.

Thoughts?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just noticed TAA looks like he could drop overnight, and Saiss go up, so I'm going to switch those 2 over for now, and hedge my bets before a final decision on who stays and goes!
Kane, Son, Rodriguez and DCL look to be going up tonight too. That's a 0.4m increase, and i'd be up to 101.2, from 100 pre wildcard. And they say you can't get value from wildcards any more!!

kps88

Martinez (4m chump)
Kane, DCL, Watkins
Mine's almost the same with Pulisic instead of Grealish and Ward instead of Justin. Got the money by downgrading TAA and Jorginho to Robertson and Anguissa. Bit uneasy about double Spurs. I have a feeling West Ham are going to give them a tough game.

Skills

Snitch
De Bruyne out Grealish in

Might even captain him this weekend. Current captained Bruno, but Leicester look leaky

Only problem is I've got 3 Southampton players (KWP, McCarthy and Ings) this weekend

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mine's almost the same with Pulisic instead of Grealish and Ward instead of Justin. Got the money by downgrading TAA and Jorginho to Robertson and Anguissa. Bit uneasy about double Spurs. I have a feeling West Ham are going to give them a tough game.
Yep, have definitely been there before! West Ham a bogey team as well.
Plus Tottenham haven't produced results or goals at home yet. However, i believe one game they should have scored tonnes but instead conceded that dodgy pen late doors for a 1-1.

I suppose I don't want to sit there with the phone or game on, and have that dread when Tottenham 1-0 comes up 3mins in, and you're thinking "Not Kane, not Kane", and inevitably it's Kane!!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Had to transfer KDB out and did not have a better idea than Bruno. At least he can be trusted with penalties.

Ryan
Chilwell Robertson Digne
Rodriguez Grealish Salah Bruno Son
DCL Maupay

Virtually no bench but £1.1m in the bank.

Ady87

Can I get some advice guys?

If your mid/front line is:

Salah Son KDB Greenwood Podence
DCL Jimi Mitro

A) KDB > Sterling
B) KDB > Mane (Pool double up)
C) KDB > Bruno (United double up)
D) KDB/Mitro > Mahrez/Vardy -4
E) KDB/Mitro > Pulisic/Vardy -4
F) KDB/Mitro > Hamez/Kane -4

D looks nice but maybe an unecessary hit as I’ve got playing bench players. A/B safest bet?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Already done VVD/Mahrez/Davis > Konsa/Stephens/Kane this week for a -4.

Now weighing up whether to move KDB on for Mane, or bring in Soucek who I want to really have in a few weeks and give myself another week to assess whether Salah is worth the premium on Mane. I’ve convinced myself that the Merseyside derby will be a low scoring affair, so not desperate for a Liverpool attacker this week.

Last edited:

Mcking

DCL Jimi Mitro

A) KDB > Sterling

D looks nice but maybe an unecessary hit as I’ve got playing bench players. A/B safest bet?
F or no transfer, for me.

Ady87

F or nothing, for me.
F looks more and more tasty as I look at it.

The issue is him playing in Colombia was it early hours of Wednesday? And them having Liverpool. Any other week or fixture and it would be a no brainier but when has double Everton vs Pool ever worked in the history of FPL? I know this Everton are different but could still bottle it.

Might need to sleep on it! Kane/Son double over their next few fixtures looks good.

LungiDevil

DCL Jimi Mitro

A) KDB > Sterling

I'd personally do (A). I like diversifying my attackers across many teams.

Not sure that any of the -4s are worth.

Mcking

F looks more and more tasty as I look at it.

The issue is him playing in Colombia was it early hours of Wednesday? And them having Liverpool. Any other week or fixture and it would be a no brainier but when has double Everton vs Pool ever worked in the history of FPL? I know this Everton are different but could still bottle it.

Might need to sleep on it! Kane/Son double over their next few fixtures looks good.
Could bring in Grealish instead of Hamez.

I already used my FT to bring in Son, so will bench KDB for this GW, then reassess.

Maxii

Paad

DCL Jimi Mitro

A) KDB > Sterling

Vardy is a doubt so for sure wouldn’t be taking a hit to get him in

Dan_F

It feels a bit mental, but I’m considering taking out KDB for Barkley (I wanted one more gameweek to see him ideally), then bringing KDB back in for Foden when fit. Or potentially Kane in for Jimenez next week if KDB is still out.

The other options are swap out KDB for Son, and straight swap them back when needed. Or bring in Grealish and put money into someone like Chilwell, rather than Kane.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I have no idea who to Captain/VC out of Aubameyang (A) Mane (A) Grealish (A) Son (H) Saint-Maximin (H) DCL (H) Wilson (H) this is hard anyone got suggestions?

Lebowski

Martinez (4m chump)
Kane, DCL, Watkins

That feels a really strong midfield and attack, with a couple of quality defenders in there too.

Squeeze Saiss in?
3 Villa
2 Everton v Liverpool.
Brewster could be gold at 4.5, and plays Fulham this week. But maybe too soon. Hard to justify taking one of the front boys out as well, unless needing to bump up someone else.
Justin and Mitchell could well lose their places soon. Holding missed the last game.
Originally had either Brewster or Bamford up front instead of Kane and even more funds in midfield, but Tottenham's fixtures are unreal this next 3-4 game weeks.

Thoughts?
Good team but having Justin and Mitchell is a risk. Very soon both are likely to be benched. You can make an argument for holding one or the other for a few more games, but I wouldn't have both. If you have both then you're essentially resigning yourself to wasting a transfer on a budget defender at some point in the near future.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Martinez (4m chump)
Kane, DCL, Watkins

Squeeze Saiss in?
3 Villa
2 Everton v Liverpool.

Thoughts?
Done wildcard too... my teams been out of form, useless or red carded.

Martinez Forster

Telles Reguilon Keane Dias Ayling

Grealish Son Sterling Pulisic Mendy

Kane Calvert-Lewin Watkins

Attack the same, defence no Liverpool but City, midfield is whether you'd have Salah/ANOther or Sterling/Pulisic

archiebald

Good lord KDB has been red flagged. I have either Anguissa or Mitchell to call up from the bench, leaning towards the latter as I fancy Palace to keep Brighton honest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have no idea who to Captain/VC out of Aubameyang (A) Mane (A) Grealish (A) Son (H) Saint-Maximin (H) DCL (H) Wilson (H) this is hard anyone got suggestions?
Some of those surely don't even make the convo.

I'm on Son..home game and massively in form.
No guarantees in this game though.
I have Kane as well though.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Using a wildcard, i've changed my team like 34 times this past week. Finally reached this:

Martinez
Robertson Chilwell Castagne (KWP, Mitchell)
James Salah Son Podence (ASM)
DCL Kane Watkins

Kane or Son for captain this week

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Using a wildcard, i've changed my team like 34 times this past week. Finally reached this:

Martinez
Robertson Chilwell Castagne (KWP, Mitchell)
James Salah Son Podence (ASM)
DCL Kane Watkins

Kane or Son for captain this week

Looks very strong across the park.
I'd love to fit in Castagne, but I think Grealish is red hot right now, and haven't seen enough of Podence.

I've settled for
Martinez 4m
TAA, Chilwell, Justin, Lamptey, Holding
Salah, Son, Grealish, Rod, Bissouma
Kane, DCL,Watkins

I know Justin may lose his place soonish, but i've got value in him, and is at home this week. Lamptey a slight doubt this week, but i'm benching anyway, and he's an assist magnet. Holding, didn't play last game, but probably will always have a good chance of playing in a back 3, and is a bargain price, plus moves to whoever the 4.5m flavour of the month is later on if needs be!

Did have 0.1m banked in Jorginho, but truth be told, with that other 7 in mid and attack I'd never start him, and it's just a waste of 0.6m, and the inevitable being gutted when he scores the odd pen :)

Best of luck you and all, I'm off to do a 5k race now!

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Put Kane in for Werner wait and see Kane blank and Werner score a hat trick.

Team much the same as last time:

Ryan
James Digne Trent

Salah Rodriguez McGinn Trossard

Jimenez Vardy Kane
Sticking with Salah as my captain (he’s been good to me) even though Kane loves a goal or two against West Ham.

Good luck guys...

Chillosophy

Is Mane set to start for Pool?

Im contemplating transferring KDB and Podence (who seems to not get starts) out in for Mane and Grealish. -4 hit. Bad idea?