Fantasy Premier League 20/21

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I mean there's not many games where a keeper doesn't play. It's not worth spending more. Also, Martinez's second in line is 4m, so you're covered if he doesn't play, which won't happen.

But you do you
Given the value Villa offer, having a Villa sub keeper has a real opportunity cost and is going to cause problems.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
3.2m to 1.6m over the weekend. Kane captain and had Son too. Still got Jiminez and Klich to play as well.

Worst start for years but back in the game a bit now I feel. Not had a captain blank yet either this season thank goodness. That's been the only thing that hasn't gone wrong until this week.

Salah captain next week looks nailed on.

Moby

Dick
Financially too difficult now without giving up anyone that I really like and getting a huge downgrade. Could do like Zaha + Kane instead of Bruno + Maupay but screw it.
I think I feel the sub-premium mids in the game aren't really good this time out from a consistency point of view, including the likes of Grealish, Foden etc. You have the 9+ range which has the essential options in Son, Salah, Sterling, KDB, Bruno and Auba. But once you come down from there, unlike last season where the likes of Mount who gave consistent output the budget mids this time around don't seem worth the investment. I stuck with Podence with 1m in hand, but options like Grealish, Mount, Foden, Podence, Klich, Costa etc don't seem worth the investment and I'd rather just have either premium or downright minimum priced mids and get that investment in attack (strikers). Of course Rodriguez is the one massive outlier to the above, he's probably the most undervalued player in the game.

My current GW mids and fwds are Salah, Sterling, James, Podence, DCL, Jimenez and Ings and I've strongly considered going Podence + Jimenez to Kane + 4.5 mid. Just don't see the point of having that extra 1-2.5m investment in a mid when I can rather get a banker like Kane instead.

Dan_F

I think I’m going to have to change plans and get Kane, even though I didn’t want two premium options from the same team. I was thinking about Aguero as a differential now he’s back, but it’s probably best not to over think it with these kinds of things.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I feel the sub-premium mids in the game aren't really good this time out from a consistency point of view, including the likes of Grealish, Foden etc. You have the 9+ range which has the essential options in Son, Salah, Sterling, KDB, Bruno and Auba. But once you come down from there, unlike last season where the likes of Mount who gave consistent output the budget mids this time around don't seem worth the investment. I stuck with Podence with 1m in hand, but options like Grealish, Mount, Foden, Podence, Klich, Costa etc don't seem worth the investment and I'd rather just have either premium or downright minimum priced mids and get that investment in attack (strikers). Of course Rodriguez is the one massive outlier to the above, he's probably the most undervalued player in the game.

My current GW mids and fwds are Salah, Sterling, James, Podence, DCL, Jimenez and Ings and I've strongly considered going Podence + Jimenez to Kane + 4.5 mid. Just don't see the point of having that extra 1-2.5m investment in a mid when I can rather get a banker like Kane instead.
I think both Grealish and Rodriguez are excellent options. Villa look great going forward and everything goes through Grealish, even last season he got over 160 and they didn't have the same potential. I think he'll also be on penalties and some free kicks. Rodriguez is a no brainer, he's already risen from 7.5 to 7.9 and has been getting great numbers too. 5 in midfield is something I will not backtrack on. I really like those quality midfielders who are absolutely central to whatever their teams do. Even when he blanked last night Grealish still got a lot of quality plays within the game.

Similar in defense, the three full backs strategy is something I am intent on keeping as Chilwell, Robertson and Digne are virtually three wingers who will get occasional points for clean sheets.

Kane has been on fire and will get hauls but I'd basically need to either drop both Digne and Grealish to 4.5 players to be able replace Maupay with him. I'm really not that convinced Digne + Grealish + Maupay/Watkins will be worse than Kane alone (I don't really have bench right now so whoever I take will go straight into first team). I think I'm fine not having Kane for now and counting on him not getting anything to catch up.

Moby

Dick
Even when he blanked last night Grealish still got a lot of quality plays within the game.
That's exactly my issue with the likes of Grealish and Harvey Barnes. Barnes blows any other mid in that range out of the water when it comes to underlying stats - touches in the final third, big chances, xA and what not. And of course they will haul from time to time, but unlike Barnes who at least has a goal magnet in Vardy to actually make him a viable FPL asset, Grealish is gonna be playing with the likes of Trezeguet and Watkins. I watched the entire game last night, there were so many moves where he drove with the ball against an open leicester defense who were actually open the whole game, but rarely actually managed to find any kind of end product. That's where having DCL for James is a massive bonus, because these playmakers would struggle to get assists unless there is a direct clear cut scoring option to supply to, despite being the centerpiece the whole game.

Not knocking him down in absolute terms, he's still good value at that price but not when you compare the upside of selling him and getting a volume scorer instead of a decent one at one of the striker options. Especially someone like Kane who is playing that 9+10 role.

Sarni

That's exactly my issue with the likes of Grealish and Harvey Barnes. Barnes blows any other mid in that range out of the water when it comes to underlying stats - touches in the final third, big chances, xA and what not. And of course they will haul from time to time, but unlike Barnes who at least has a goal magnet in Vardy to actually make him a viable FPL asset, Grealish is gonna be playing with the likes of Trezeguet and Watkins. I watched the entire game last night, there were so many moves where he drove with the ball against an open leicester defense who were actually open the whole game, but rarely actually managed to find any kind of end product. That's where having DCL for James is a massive bonus, because these playmakers would struggle to get assists unless there is a direct clear cut scoring option to supply to, despite being the centerpiece the whole game.

Not knocking him down in absolute terms, he's still good value at that price but not when you compare the upside of selling him and getting a volume scorer instead of a decent one at one of the striker options. Especially someone like Kane who is playing that 9+10 role.
The issue is that it's not a question of say Bissouma + Kane vs Grealish + Maupay. If it were, I would pull the trigger in a moment, probably. I have to do two downgrades like that to accommodate Kane and considering I already have Brewster, Mitchell and Johnson who will get me close to nothing, I would likely need to accept two more players with very little potential of scoring.

Moby

Dick
The issue is that it's not a question of say Bissouma + Kane vs Grealish + Maupay. If it were, I would pull the trigger in a moment, probably. I have to do two downgrades like that to accommodate Kane and considering I already have Brewster, Mitchell and Johnson who will get me close to nothing, I would likely need to accept two more players with very little potential of scoring.
Yeah that's fair enough. For me it seems to be Jimenez + Podence to Kane and a filler mid so seems quite tempting. Wolves have looked a bit dire, Jimenez actually dropped last night in price, though that wouldn't affect my selling price. My only premium def is Robertson. And Saiss as Wolves looks sturdy at the back. After that I'm gonna run it out with Lamptey, Justin (likely gonna bin him soon for Ayling/Dallas/Konsa) and Mitchell of course - who was pretty close to getting a CS yesterday. Don't see any point in wasting money in defense, there are no clean sheets on offer, even the liverpool defenders look less valuable now but since they are the only ones who pretty much guarantee attacking returns I can live with them. Glad I picked Robertson over TAA on my WC as well.

Sarni

Yeah that's fair enough. For me it seems to be Jimenez + Podence to Kane and a filler mid so seems quite tempting. Wolves have looked a bit dire, Jimenez actually dropped last night in price, though that wouldn't affect my selling price. My only premium def is Robertson. And Saiss as Wolves looks sturdy at the back. After that I'm gonna run it out with Lamptey, Justin (likely gonna bin him soon for Ayling/Dallas/Konsa) and Mitchell of course - who was pretty close to getting a CS yesterday. Don't see any point in wasting money in defense, there are no clean sheets on offer, even the liverpool defenders look less valuable now but since they are the only ones who pretty much guarantee attacking returns I can live with them. Glad I picked Robertson over TAA on my WC as well.
I wouldn’t take center halves in defense but I treat Robertson, Digne and Chilwell as extension of my midfield. Honestly they will probably get more assist and goals than most if not all midfielders in their price range, and occasional bonuses for clean sheets are just an extra for me.

Moby

Dick
I wouldn’t take center halves in defense but I treat Robertson, Digne and Chilwell as extension of my midfield. Honestly they will probably get more assist and goals than most if not all midfielders in their price range, and occasional bonuses for clean sheets are just an extra for me.
Robertson for sure. And Digne is a pretty good bet this season given how Everton are playing. Chelsea being absolutely dogshit defensively as they were last season, even by this season's standards where everyone looks bad defensively has put me off James earlier and Chilwell now, not to mention Chilwell might not be nailed and might be rotated with Alonso. If I am putting anything more than 4m in a defender I want them to be absolutely nailed. But agree with the overall point, which is why I am happy starting Lamptey who is practically playing as a wing-forward in a good BHA attack. Saiss playing in a rare strong defense and being a threat on set pieces makes him an ok bet as of now. Once WHU are done with their tough run, Cresswell would be a good punt as well. Quite a few defenders out there would seem to have attacking potential.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What are the views on Trent? Only 1 assist so far.... is he really worth the money?

LungiDevil

What are the views on Trent? Only 1 assist so far.... is he really worth the money?
I asked myself the same question. I am going to keep him for Sheffield and WHU home fixtures and if doesn't do much, I'll downgrade him for the city game.

Sarni

Robertson for sure. And Digne is a pretty good bet this season given how Everton are playing. Chelsea being absolutely dogshit defensively as they were last season, even by this season's standards where everyone looks bad defensively has put me off James earlier and Chilwell now, not to mention Chilwell might not be nailed and might be rotated with Alonso. If I am putting anything more than 4m in a defender I want them to be absolutely nailed. But agree with the overall point, which is why I am happy starting Lamptey who is practically playing as a wing-forward in a good BHA attack. Saiss playing in a rare strong defense and being a threat on set pieces makes him an ok bet as of now. Once WHU are done with their tough run, Cresswell would be a good punt as well. Quite a few defenders out there would seem to have attacking potential.
Chilwell is absolutely nailed. Alonso won't play another game for them after West Brom. Chelsea will be better for clean sheets once they get rid of Kepa but for now I'm keeping Chilwell mainly for offensive threat.

Skåre Willoch

Did TAA -> Robertson and James -> Chilwell last night, as I wouldn't be able to afford them with their price rise. Fairly comfortable with that decision, and I'm very happy with the team, especially for the coming GW. Looking to get rid of Podence and Nyland (to make room for one more Villa player) in the coming weeks.

Martinez (Nyland)
Robertson - Chilwell - Saïss (Dunne, Mitchell)
Grealish - Hames - Salah - Sterling - Podence
Kane - DCL (Brewster)

Sterling can easily be "downgraded" to Son or Fernandes to free up some cash. Dunne or Mitchell -> Cresswell and Podence -> someone like Trossard or March.

Withnail

I did my Wildcard at the start of the break.

Got rid of TAA/Klich/Connolly/Greenwood for Jorginho/Son/Chilwell/Bamford

I haven't been overly impressed with KDB and got rid of him before the Leeds game for Salah and looks to have been a good decision if he's injured now.

I still have 1m in the bank but I'm happy enough at the moment. Lucky I didn't wait as a number of them have gone up in price now.

Going with Son as captain this week. Cue Spurs WH 0-0 and a Greenwood hat-trick :lol:

Ryan (Mc Carthy)

Chilwell - Castagne - Ayling - (KWP Branthwaite)

Rodriguez - Salah - Fernandes - Jorginho - Son

DCL - Ings (Bamford)

I'm toying with bringing in Saiss for Ayling.
Not looking too clever not putting Kane in with my WC but no chance getting him in there now. Captained Son so 71pts with Saiss to play isn't too bad.

Withnail

No. I had already played the wildcard in GW3. So I can do only one transfer.
Yes, I know it is a no brainer. Just confused which one to do now. If I do one, I will not have the balance to get the other even in next week, unless any of the big names are going out.
and Werner gets two goals and an assist. Typical, which option did you go for in the end?

RashyForPM

:devil:Wild card hit!
79 and waiting for Saiss and Bamford left to push through 80.
Martinez
Bellerin -- Saiss -- Robertson
Salah -- Rodriguez -- Grealish(v) -- Son(C)
DCL -- Kane -- Bamford

McCarthy, Mitchell, Bernardo, Oriol Romeu​

Is this week a good time to bring back Bruno?
We share 10 players in our teams and both scored 79, and both have two players left to play :lol:

Moby

Dick
Chilwell is absolutely nailed. Alonso won't play another game for them after West Brom. Chelsea will be better for clean sheets once they get rid of Kepa but for now I'm keeping Chilwell mainly for offensive threat.
I'm not as sure on that one as you are. Think Alonso will get some games. Lampard is prone to rotation in defense as well as we've seen with him benching James after he arguable had his best game of the season.

Moby

Dick
Sterling can easily be "downgraded" to Son or Fernandes
I'm in the same boat, but not interested in it at the moment. City aren't gonna piss about for long and will be back among the goals, and Sterling has given me 40 captaincy points over the last two GWs. City mid who is their main goalscoring option right now and looking pretty much the main man in the absence of KDB is pretty hard to drop.

Varun

Staff
I'm not as sure on that one as you are. Think Alonso will get some games. Lampard is prone to rotation in defense as well as we've seen with him benching James after he arguable had his best game of the season.
Alonso and Lampard have had a massive fallout. Happened too late for a sale but unless Lampard has a big change of heart, Alonso isn't going to feature anytime soon.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I asked myself the same question. I am going to keep him for Sheffield and WHU home fixtures and if doesn't do much, I'll downgrade him for the city game.
Sounds reasonable, will save up the transfers and downgrade if he doesn't improve and use the extra money in midfield.

Nickosaur

No love for Barkley as a cheaper alternative to Grealish?
I'm tempted to swap KDB and Mitrovic for Barkley and Kane. I'm 0.1m out from Grealish which is annoying, but Barkley is a decent alternative and would leave me an extra 1m to spend elsewhere...

saivet

No love for Barkley as a cheaper alternative to Grealish?
If I was using my wildcard I'd consider him but not willing to take a -4 for him. I have Costa for Leeds who I will probably look to ship out next week and Barkely is a someone I'd consider going for.

Sarni

What's super promising for me is that my squad value is already at 102.8 and will be at 102.9 tomorrow after Martinez goes up. Second higher in my league is 101.5 and most guys have between 99.8 and 100.2. Last year it was really crucial for me to build 4.0 advantage over everyone else as it basically meant I could afford significantly better players in 2-3 positions, whilst having very similar core.

My league with friends has gone the same way as previous two years. I start dead last, spend a lot on transfers, build up value and will then slowly start coming from behind. I was dead last after 15 games both of last seasons, did not take the lead until second half of season and won both seasons quite easily (which is why I got two cradles of JD sitting on my shelf). If squad value keeps trending the same direction, and I can already see it will, I will have +4.0 over anyone before Christmas too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
No Kane has killed me this week. Already shipped out Jim for him as can't afford to fall too far behind looking at Spurs next 3 fixtures. Also looking like a costly mistake picking Guiata and TAA over Martinez and Robertson on my wildcard. Hopefully evens out over time.

Will probably move on Wood for Mitro as well. Surely Fulham have to win the next 2 home games v Palace and West Brom. I wouldn't move him on just yet if you have him.

Skåre Willoch

I'm in the same boat, but not interested in it at the moment. City aren't gonna piss about for long and will be back among the goals, and Sterling has given me 40 captaincy points over the last two GWs. City mid who is their main goalscoring option right now and looking pretty much the main man in the absence of KDB is pretty hard to drop.
Yup. This is why I prioritized getting rid og Reece James etc as well, instead of going for Son this week. I already have Kane for Spurs cover, so I'm not as hurt about not having Son as many others. I was scared as feck when I went for Sterling over KDB a few weeks ago, luckily it has paid off! :wenger:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Kane (c), Son, Salah, DCL, James, Robertson, Chilwell, Martinez all gave good returns. Wild card drove me crazy but finally i guess i got it right.

83 points, with Podence left to play.

Moby

Dick
Passes into the final 3rd this season: (FWDs)
1. Kane 31
2. Ings 13
3. Carroll 13
4. Firmino 12
5. Adams 11
6. Jimenez 11
7. Werner 11
8. McGoldrick 10
9. Joelinton 9
10. Antonio 8

Kane is in a league of his own.

Web of Bissaka

This is the same as mine except I have KDB and Klich instead of James and Grealish, and my bench is different. Bruno is probably gonna be worth having, but KDB more so. He could be back next weekend.
My only issue with KDB is fitness. Tried him 2 seasons ago and messed up my fantasy :( he tend to gave me the highest pts when he play but higher chance of missing games. Drove me nuts with anxiety. Bruno may be better choice considering how he very rarely ever miss games but United's upcoming fixtures is giving me doubts. His recent poor penalty miss is also not helping.

Oh well, :drool: all the best mate.

Skills

Snitch
I have to WC this week:

Current team :

McCarthy
KWP --- Trent -- Coady
Bruno -- Grealish -- Foden -- Havertz
Ings --- Jimenez --- Richarlison

KWP, Havertz, Foden and Richarlison coming out for sure. Jimenez goes if he donuts again today

RedDevil@84

Worst part of playing Mini league with 3-4 friends is that we are all slowly becoming a similar team. We all have Kane, Salah, Calvert Lewin. By next week we will all have Son too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Given the value Villa offer, having a Villa sub keeper has a real opportunity cost and is going to cause problems.
There’s not many people that are going to have 3 Villa players. It’s also the route Magnus Carlsen has gone, so that’s good enough for me

redmanc

TAA out, clean sheets are out of the window for Liverpool with VVD injured and only one assist so far means he's an expensive hold. Dropped him out to fund Bamford to Kane and brought Belerin in his place (i had a couple of million ITB).

Skåre Willoch

There’s not many people that are going to have 3 Villa players. It’s also the route Magnus Carlsen has gone, so that’s good enough for me
Yup. I seriously regret going for Nyland on my WC. He stops me form bringing in Konsa, Mings or even Barkley ( :nervous: ). Wasting a transfer on backup goalie is never fun, but I think it has to be done within a few weeks.