Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
60. Leaving Son Captain by mistake after missing the Friday deadline looks to have rescued what was looking an awful weekend. I think it's time to ditch Aubameyang if Arteta's going to keep playing him on the wing, stinking my team out for a few weeks now and have wasted captaincy pts on him. Had enough.

Paul_Scholes18

Hmm.. thinking of removing Robertson.
His price is too high, doesn't feel it's worth it. With VVD out, chances of Pool keeping CS is low as hell so that's another loss.

But of course as tradition dictates, once I kick him out, he'll score and assist plenty, leaving me seething with extreme deep regret.
What defenders do you want though? I am happy with Wolves and Chilwell moving forward even with trickier games I expect them to be fairly defensive and play with 5 defenders.
Atfer that it is hard to know what you want. I think West Ham have shown potential in the harder games, but might not defend as well in the easier ones.
Southampton pretty good so far too after a poor start. I am impressed with them, but not sure the defenders offer enough in attack.
Leicester have been ups and downs so far and they have attacking fullbacks.

Web of Bissaka

What defenders do you want though? I am happy with Wolves and Chilwell moving forward even with trickier games I expect them to be fairly defensive and play with 5 defenders.
Atfer that it is hard to know what you want. I think West Ham have shown potential in the harder games, but might not defend as well in the easier ones.
Southampton pretty good so far too after a poor start. I am impressed with them, but not sure the defenders offer enough in attack.
Leicester have been ups and downs so far and they have attacking fullbacks.
Chelsea defenders, either Chillwell or Zouma.
Didn't have any, and it looks like they're going to go on a run of clean sheets. Chillwell could provide the assists and Zouma goals. Seems more valuable, cheaper too.

My current defenders - Cresswell, Saiss, Robertson (Mitchell, Barnardo).

Then the extra money I could use to prepare for future changes, getting ready to maybe shifting out DCL (if Everton's form is getting worse, since he needs good service) for better striker, or Oriol Romeu to bring in possibly Zaha, changing my formation from 343 to 352.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Should I keep Castagne for potential attacking returns or get Saiss for potential defensive returns?

My head says Saiss but my gut says Castagne.

Web of Bissaka

Should I keep Castagne for potential attacking returns or get Saiss for potential defensive returns?

My head says Saiss, but it's also telling me to be wary, since it seems like Saiss is possibly getting dropped soon with Kilman and Marcal in the 11.

Castagne seems like a better bet... maybe.

All the best~

Paul_Scholes18

Chelsea defenders, either Chillwell or Zouma.
Didn't have any, and it looks like they're going to go on a run of clean sheets. Chillwell could provide the assists and Zouma goals. Seems more valuable, cheaper too.

My current defenders - Cresswell, Saiss, Robertson (Mitchell, Barnardo).

Then the extra money I could use to prepare for future changes, getting ready to maybe shifting out DCL (if Everton's form is getting worse, since he needs good service) for better striker, or Oriol Romeu to bring in possibly Zaha, changing my formation from 343 to 352.
We will see if Lampard keeps playing 5 man defense. If so both James and Chilwell should be extra good to have.
Cresswell is interesting. Once the fixtures turn he can be really good to own.

Withnail

I have both but I think Wolves have a tough run for clean sheets coming up.

They'll concede over the next 10 games whereas I think Leicester have the more favourable set of fixtures and as you say Castaigne is more attacking.

Paul_Scholes18

Tricky for sure. I have Saiss, but he could be dropped. Castagne should be more nailed.
Probably would hold and see a bit more. Castagne is doing very good and if Leicester play with 5 defenders it could help him out more.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thanks to the posters above. I'll keep Castagne and maybe swap Lewis for Kilman of the latter keeps his spot on the team.

Number32

49.. :lol:
Danny Ings is the higest scorer in my team. He should did that 2 weeks ago when I activated tripple captain for him

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Best defender for 5m or less?

Main options seem to be:
Bellerin
Vestergaard
Cresswell
Konsa
Kilman
Bertrand
Bednarek

Creswell has 3 assists already.

Or I might wait a week and change KDB back to Bruno, then have 6m to spend, which could mean Castagne or Chilwell in.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nightmare week of 35 points. 16 of those from my Tottenham pair yesterday!

Just a freak week though really. Team looks good generally.

Watkins/Bamford will be my decision for this week. Villa have Southampton at home and Leeds look to be able to score plenty though. Three Villa seems risky too.
Ideally will get the other side of europe games to decide but if there's a 0.2m swing between the pair may go earlier.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is Antonio a decent asset? Was thinking about swapping Digne, Maupay and Brewster for Bellerin, Antonio and Adams. Only issue is I would again have a 13-deep squad which would create issues with picking my first team (already lost 24 points on Grealish when he was benched). I initially thought Antonio was going to suck as he’d go back to the wing but it seems like he’s quite central to West Ham’a attack. Maupay has been a bit annoying recently.

I’d probably need about 3 weeks to make all those moves though. Digne for Bellerin will go next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Antonio a decent asset? Was thinking about swapping Digne, Maupay and Brewster for Bellerin, Antonio and Adams. Only issue is I would again have a 13-deep squad which would create issues with picking my first team (already lost 24 points on Grealish when he was benched). I initially thought Antonio was going to suck as he’d go back to the wing but it seems like he’s quite central to West Ham’a attack. Maupay has been a bit annoying recently.

I’d probably need about 3 weeks to make all those moves though. Digne for Bellerin will go next week.
Antonio has been a surprise hit. And he's been playing a lot better than his still good points returns.
However, he did limp off at half time at the weekend. So monitor the news.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Sadly Mat Ryan couldn't keep a clean sheet but Son, my captain, got the job done. Happy with 64 points in the gameweek.

Varun

Staff

Wait for confirmation on his hammy.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Guys, what is your stance in general about -4 penalty? Do you use it? I removed Sterling and put Son in (again :lol: ). So i have money to upgrade Burke to Grealish/Zaha. To wait or not that is the question.

Varun

Staff
Guys, what is your stance in general about -4 penalty? Do you use it? I removed Sterling and put Son in (again :lol: ). So i have money to upgrade Burke to Grealish/Zaha. To wait or not that is the question.
I don't mind it as long as I see the incoming player outscoring the new one over the next 3 GWs.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Thomas Partey is very cheap. I expect he'll get plenty of game time. Would he be a good addition? I'm thinking of dropping Willian.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Don't think I've ever bought a DM in this game, certainly for my first 11 anyway. Only possible exception would be for a penalty taker
Yeah. I initially had Jorginho but he's only really useful for penalties and that's it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thinking Salah to Mane as it saves money. Any reason not to??
Over the season they'll get similar numbers from open play.

Salah though is on pens, far more greedy and gets rested less than Mane. Whether these three things are worth the extra cash is your choice.

saivet

Thomas Partey is very cheap. I expect he'll get plenty of game time. Would he be a good addition? I'm thinking of dropping Willian.
Good player in real life, but DMs, generally aren't good for FPL unless they take set pieces or are an aerial threat. Recall hearing he picked up a lot of yellows at Atletico so he'd just be getting 1 or 2 points each week.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Good player in real life, but DMs, generally aren't good for FPL unless they take set pieces or are an aerial threat. Recall hearing he picked up a lot of yellows at Atletico so he'd just be getting 1 or 2 points each week.
I wished they changed the rules so DMs get their own category or different ways of getting points.

So a midfielder gets 1 point per clean sheet, maybe a DM should get 3 points per clean sheet to make them viable?

It feels a shame really good players like Kante or Fernandinho are useless assets in fantasy league.

Varun

Staff
I wished they changed the rules so DMs get their own category or different ways of getting points.

So a midfielder gets 1 point per clean sheet, maybe a DM should get 3 points per clean sheet to make them viable?

It feels a shame really good players like Kante or Fernandinho are useless assets in fantasy league.
They'd then be priced higher as well so yeah, it'd bring them into the game but not a lot will change.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Fair point. They're the forgotten men of Fantasy football.

Withnail

It's a lot more complicated to start trying to give points for defensive actions etc but it is annoying in that it really only rewards the attacking players.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Someone on Reddit suggested assisting the assist should get points and I quite like that idea. Successful tackles and/or interceptions would perhaps be another decent one for midfielders.

Neo_Mufc

I have De Bruyne in a draft league who has not done much as everyone is aware.

With Aguero out for another couple weeks do you think I should get rid of him as no.1 pick and look to trade. I could even get 2 good players.

I say this as I don't like what I see from City but! he is on penalties for a few more games and their form has to improve eventually surely?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It's a lot more complicated to start trying to give points for defensive actions etc but it is annoying in that it really only rewards the attacking players.
Of course. That was just a suggestion. I'm sure someone can come up with some way to make DMs more feasible.

Adcuth

Maybe more points for a clean sheet. But obviously less than a defender or keeper