Fantasy Premier League 20/21

hubbuh

What do people reckon to Son + JRodriguez out for Bruno Fernandes + Jota in for a minus -4? Any opinions massively appreciated! Spurs fixtures are horrible though I do still have Kane, Everton's are nice as are ours and Liverpools.

K Stand Knut

Docherty and Salah are definitely out for me now having already replaced Jorginho with Grealish. Don’t really want to take another -4

should I WC or free hit? Initially planned on my free hit for a double game week later in the season

Team for this week isn’t terrible but with the uncertainty around Salah and other COVID sufferers, I’m not sure!

Paul_Scholes18

Docherty and Salah are definitely out for me now having already replaced Jorginho with Grealish. Don’t really want to take another -4

should I WC or free hit? Initially planned on my free hit for a double game week later in the season

Team for this week isn’t terrible but with the uncertainty around Salah and other COVID sufferers, I’m not sure!
It could be a good time to wildcard I think. Sadly you might have lost some value waiting a long time.

Could bring in Ziyech, Bruno, KDB, Vardy, Watkins etc on a wildcard if you do not already have them

If you are happy with your side though maybe just take a hit and do not wildcard.

K Stand Knut

It could be a good time to wildcard I think. Sadly you might have lost some value waiting a long time.

Could bring in Ziyech, Bruno, KDB, Vardy, Watkins etc on a wildcard if you do not already have them

If you are happy with your side though maybe just take a hit and do not wildcard.
I hate this game.

had it all planned for a WC in another week or so and these two additional injuries hit me!

Ive got an extra night to mull it over at least.

I’m not happy with my side 100% but pre-additional injuries, I thought it would be good for this week

Paul_Scholes18

I hate this game.

had it all planned for a WC in another week or so and these two additional injuries hit me!

Ive got an extra night to mull it over at least.

I’m not happy with my side 100% but pre-additional injuries, I thought it would be good for this week
Yeah it is a crazy season. We will probably get more Corona and injuries even without international break.

Saving the wildcard can potentially help you. Although sometimes it is best to use it early to get a boost.

K Stand Knut

Yeah it is a crazy season. We will probably get more Corona and injuries even without international break.

Saving the wildcard can potentially help you. Although sometimes it is best to use it early to get a boost.
Am I wrong in saying that we get another WC in January though?

Could use this one now and see me through until NY

Canuckred64

Am I wrong in saying that we get another WC in January though?

Could use this one now and see me through until NY
The other thing you should be aware of is the first wildcard is only good til Dec 28th. If you have not used it by then you lose it. Happened to me the first time they had two wildcards.

Web of Bissaka

What do people reckon to Son + JRodriguez out for Bruno Fernandes + Jota in for a minus -4? Any opinions massively appreciated! Spurs fixtures are horrible though I do still have Kane, Everton's are nice as are ours and Liverpools.
I sink...

1. Only Son to Bruno is good.
Son's G/A form is dropping and Spurs is going to have a tough fixture, while Bruno's form is up and rising (hopefully) with United supposedly having good "easy" fixture.

2. Keeping Hames is better.
Pool's form is difficult to say with their problems at the back, so they may (at the back of their head) won't want to over commit in attacking, plus with TAA's injury (?) so less service for Jota. More importantly, Everton is going to have tasty good fixtures, plus with Richarlison back, their attacks is potent again (they do miss him). Who knows they may bring up their early season form back.

Paul_Scholes18

WC!
It's running out of time anyway, expired in December.

Keep Free Hit for later, because seriously this season is unpredictable with the heavy onslaught of sudden injuries and Covid positives.
We need it for later to back-up 2nd WC.
I think we need free hit for blank gameweeks. Going to be hard to have a squad playing then.
Although I have not looked what we can expect in the future. Do not plan for that at the moment.

Just trying to focus on the next few weeks.

hubbuh

I sink...

1. Only Son to Bruno is good.
Son's G/A form is dropping and Spurs is going to have a tough fixture, while Bruno's form is up and rising (hopefully) with United supposedly having good "easy" fixture.

2. Keeping Hames is better.
Pool's form is difficult to say with their problems at the back, so they may (at the back of their head) won't want to over commit in attacking, plus with TAA's injury (?) so less service for Jota. More importantly, Everton is going to have tasty good fixtures, plus with Richarlison back, their attacks is potent again (they do miss him). Who knows they may bring up their early season form back.
Cheers mate, some very good points there which has caused me to doubt myself further!! Everton are a difficult one to call.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Damn, didn’t know I was 4th in the RedCafe league :lol:. Will probably drop this week due, too many injuries in my team.

Thinking of putting Telles in my team. He will be a huge differential in points if he starts due to his brilliant set piece and our solid defense. but worried that Ole will pick Williams or Tuanzebe instead. Not sure if he is worth the risk.

K Stand Knut

Damn, didn’t know I was 4th in the RedCafe league :lol:. Will probably drop this week due, too many injuries in my team.

Thinking of putting Telles in my team. He will be a huge differential in points if he starts due to his brilliant set piece and our solid defense. but worried that Ole will pick Williams or Tuanzebe instead. Not sure if he is worth the risk.
I think Telles will be first choice EVENTUALLY. Not sure that will start with tomorrow though with his long journey back from international duty.

Williams has barely played a minute this season either and I can’t see Tuanzebe being thrown in at LB

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I think Telles will be first choice EVENTUALLY. Not sure that will start with tomorrow though with his long journey back from international duty.

Williams has barely played a minute this season either and I can’t see Tuanzebe being thrown in at LB
I think Shaw is significantly better defensively, and the only thing telles has over shaw is his set piece. I don't see him being first choice unless shaw gets injured or completely loses his form. I also don't think he will start which makes it a huge risk dispite the point haul he would have made.

Web of Bissaka

:D I wouldn't worry about that.
Axel is needed more at CB considering Lindelof's ongoing injury problem. Even Maguire is seemingly carrying injury.
Williams is down the ladder of choices, even TFM is picked ahead of him.

Once Shaw is back, I have a hunch Ole may have to use Luke at LCB....

Agreed.
Have a hunch it'll start tomorrow, but honestly I'm still not confident he'll immediately bring the assist and clean sheet points, so I'll hold on the transfer until one of my C-Well FBs is in bad form/out injured.

Definite Watchlist, 5.5 is too expensive though.

Paul_Scholes18

So... are people getting rid of Salah? So tempting to swap him for Bruno...
Have not done the move yet, but probably going to do it.
Feels stupid to use my free transfer to sell someone like Son when he is fit and ready to play.

K Stand Knut

I think Shaw is significantly better defensively, and the only thing telles has over shaw is his set piece. I don't see him being first choice unless shaw gets injured or completely loses his form. I also don't think he will start which makes it a huge risk dispite the point haul he would have made.
Shaw is injured!!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can't bring myself to drop Salah as I'm sure he'll be back after this week and I'll lose value.

My other option is to swap Son to Fernandes but I wanted Sterling and Vardy next week so doing that move to Fernandes will screw that up...

Paul_Scholes18

I can't bring myself to drop Salah as I'm sure he'll be back after this week and I'll lose value.

My other option is to swap Son to Fernandes but I wanted Sterling and Vardy next week so doing that move to Fernandes will screw that up...
Yeah my plans are all out the window now. I am getting Vardy in next week, but probably keeping Son.
Then getting Salah in over the next 2 weeks if he is back and looks good.
If I want City I need to take hits I guess.

If they look good I might bring them in before Salah though for a hit.
Then move Bruno out for Salah when they play Fulham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Past experience has shown me that holding a big hitter over a great option other big hitter is risky business.
Salah has already gone down to 12.3 and he'll very likely go down to 12.2 either tonight or tomorrow.
Bruno is going up tonight and a big performance will probably see him go up again. So there's no real loss.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Past experience has shown me that holding a big hitter over a great option other big hitter is risky business.
Salah has already gone down to 12.3 and he'll very likely go down to 12.2 either tonight or tomorrow.
Bruno is going up tonight and a big performance will probably see him go up again. So there's no real loss.
Ok done Salah out for Fernandes. Next week I'll straight swap Son to KDB/Sterling. Will look to bring Salah back by the time they play Fulham.

If this goes wrong, I'm gonna come after you.

Paul_Scholes18

Ok done Salah out for Fernandes. Next week I'll straight swap Son to KDB/Sterling. Will look to bring Salah back by the time they play Fulham.

I might join this tactic. We will see though. I have Justin who might be a potential problem too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Don't worry, me and 300,000 others will have done the same.

As a minimum Bruno will get you 2 points more than Salah this weekend :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I might join this tactic. We will see though. I have Justin who might be a potential problem too.
Justin has been good and Castagne has been quality on the right.
So hopefully even though Perreira is due to start training next week he won't slot straight in.

Paul_Scholes18

Justin has been good and Castagne has been quality on the right.
So hopefully even though Perreira is due to start training next week he won't slot straight in.
I think I am going to punt that Justin plays vs Fulham and start him with the risk to gain 1 point from the bench.
There are only 3 subs still right so not massive risk unless they change to 5 subs.
As long as my other 4 defenders are ready to play then I will not worry too much to take him out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think I am going to punt that Justin plays vs Fulham and start him with the risk to gain 1 point from the bench.
There are only 3 subs still right so not massive risk unless they change to 5 subs.
As long as my other 4 defenders are ready to play then I will not worry too much to take him out.
Yep options is the key word.

I'm still weighing up a -4 for TAA out, but I might try and skimp by with Chilwell, Lamptey and Kilman with Justin as cover this week and just do a TAA to someone when it's confirmed he's still out.
After all, there was talk of 4 weeks so we'll see if there's any further word first.
Also hoping Kilman plays as read something about compassionate leave?!

However, Vardy looks irresistible this next run of games after Sunday.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Suggestions....

Thinking of getting rid of 1-2 out of Kane, Son and Pulisic.

Spurs have grim fixture list coming up but Kane can still score and takes pens.

Chelski have a good fixture list from 5/12 which is when pool-of-sick is due back so even if out, maybe hold for 2 weeks?

Who? Replacement?

Bruno and Vardy have good fixtures coming up...

??

(Already have Grealish, Sterling, DCL and Watkins).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Don't worry, me and 300,000 others will have done the same.

As a minimum Bruno will get you 2 points more than Salah this weekend :drool:
Haha, there is a lot of domino effect going on here for me. Now, I better hope Ayling gets nothing (he was my original Salah replacement), I won't be able to bring in Vardy for the game against Fulham and if Salah returns against Brighton and smashes it, I'll be very uopset :lol: