Fantasy Premier League 20/21

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Minor green arrow after a -8. Would have had the exact same score after hits by just rolling the transfer, accounting for captaincy and team selection. Mistake was benching Grealish. Won’t do that again. At least team is better set up now, or at least that was the intention.

I regret going for Bamford over Wilson. Gut said Bamford is shit and will drop off, but cracked after reading too many articles bigging up his underlying stats. He’s only returned in two of last seven now. I fancied Wilson and forgot he was back this GW with great fixtures to come.

Seems this week we need to hold fire until we know what is happening with Villa and Newcastle. They will be reluctant to postpone the game, especially with Villa already having one to catch up with. Both teams are free midweek though, so they could push it back five days from Friday to Wednesday. No chance of a surprise DGW before Christmas as Newcastle are in the Carabao QFs.

Otherwise, I may roll the transfer to do Richarlison and Foden to Brewster and Salah in GW12, or look to move one of Kilman and Mitchell on to sure up the defence. Wouldn’t mind Mahrez in for the Fulham game, but not worth a virtual hit to sell Foden, I don’t think.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wondering about one thing. Everyone says you should only bench boost during double gameweeks. Surely unless you are able to put together a team with 12-13 players on DGW you won't really benefit from that over a normal week? So if you are going for a top heavy team it's pointless.

saivet

Wondering about one thing. Everyone says you should only bench boost during double gameweeks. Surely unless you are able to put together a team with 12-13 players on DGW you won't really benefit from that over a normal week? So if you are going for a top heavy team it's pointless.
If 3 out of the 4 players on my bench have good fixtures and no one in my squad is a major injury/rotation doubt I'd go for it in a single gameweek. That doesn't always happen and I end up just using it quite late into the season.

Withnail

41 pts this week is disappointed but just below average.

Thinking of swapping out Salah/Saiss for KDB and A.N Other. That leaves me with 5.6 for a defender.

I was thinking of bringing in James or Justin.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone playing Fantasy CL? It is so bloody hard. Way harder than fantasy premier league and test your skills way more to do well. Few casuals with good ranks in it. Players getting rested, rotation and also finding players with good form and good fixtures. Add Corona this season and you have a pure nightmare. Also much harder to find cheap gems. I think I had 6 players injured or doubts last week too. Luckily two played and I sold 3 of them.

Sarni

If 3 out of the 4 players on my bench have good fixtures and no one in my squad is a major injury/rotation doubt I'd go for it in a single gameweek. That doesn't always happen and I end up just using it quite late into the season.
But why? What difference does it then make if it's a single or double?

The only way it makes sense in double gameweek is if you have players with two fixtures on your bench. If not then there's no added benefit.

Dan_F

Depending on fixtures, I’ll probably use it the week after my second wildcard. That way I can make sure I’m going to have a fully fit squad etc.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I do this. Mainly because I look at my squad and see for example:

Salah has one game coming up
Chilwell has one game coming up
Bissouma has two games coming up
Ayling has two games coming up

I expect Salah and Chilwell to easily outscore Bissouma and Ayling BUT I want the potential 4 point returns from Bissouma and Ayling. This is where the bench boost comes in handy.

However, what happens in reality is Ayling gets rested for one of the games and Bissouma gets a red in the first game and I end up punching my cat.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
But why? What difference does it then make if it's a single or double?

The only way it makes sense in double gameweek is if you have players with two fixtures on your bench. If not then there's no added benefit.
Pretty much.

I suppose one advantage is that because your starting 11 will have a lot of DGWers, you're less likely to have a starting player who doesn't feature in at least one game, less likely to have had to dip into your bench anyway and more likely to put out a full 15. Whereas if you BB in a SGW and one of your starting 11 is benched, you know that one of your bench players would have been playing anyway and you're only really getting the added benefit of three rather than four of them.

That's a fairly limited advantage though and comes with its own cost. Imagine you have a wildcard and BB left going into a DGW. Most people would wildcard the week before and BB on the DGW. However, if you don't bother with the BB you can wildcard on the DGW itself. That means you'll have a week's worth of extra information and injury news to go on over the people who wildcarded the week before.

Sarni

I do this. Mainly because I look at my squad and see for example:

Salah has one game coming up
Chilwell has one game coming up
Bissouma has two games coming up
Ayling has two games coming up

I expect Salah and Chilwell to easily outscore Bissouma and Ayling BUT I want the potential 4 point returns from Bissouma and Ayling. This is where the bench boost comes in handy.

However, what happens in reality is Ayling gets rested for one of the games and Bissouma gets a red in the first game and I end up punching my cat.
Yeah in that case there's benefit. I'm looking at my team now though and on my bench I'd have McCarthy, Vestergaard and Adams all away to Brighton. I don't think I'm going to have a better opportunity to use it than now. The only player with hard game is Bellerin at Tottenham. See:

Martinez - NEW (H)
McCarthy - BHA(A)

Dias - FUL (H)
Cresswell - MUN (H)
Chilwell - LEE (A)
Bellerin - TOT (A)
Vestergaard - BHA (A)

Ziyech - LEE (H)
Grealish - NEW (H)
Son - ARS (H)
Salah - WOL (H)
Jota - WOL (H)

Adams - BHA (H)
DCL - BUR (A)
Werner - LEE (H)

There will be many blanks I'm sure but I feel it's a very good week to play full team.

hubbuh

Starting to question the utility of having Bamford. His numbers suggest he's a bit of a flat-track bully which isn't necessarily a bad especially given how cheap he is, but I can't envision a time when I play him over Kane, DCL, Jota, Grealish etc. Feels like a waste having 6m tied up on the bench when that money could be reinvested into the defence.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Starting to question the utility of having Bamford. His numbers suggest he's a bit of a flat-track bully which isn't necessarily a bad especially given how cheap he is, but I can't envision a time when I play him over Kane, DCL, Jota, Grealish etc. Feels like a waste having 6m tied up on the bench when that money could be reinvested into the defence.
I'm similar with Watkins. Most frustrating player ever. Hauls against Liverpool and Arsenal, and nothing else. Have no idea when to start him or when to sub. I may aswell have Brewster to save the headache

Neo_Mufc

Villa vs Newcastle postponed. Bad news for my fantasy team with 3 of their players out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck, I made the change today morning to Grealish and now I have to do it again.

saivet

Only Martinez out for me with Meslier who has Chelsea away is forced to come in. Pretty glad I have a playing GK even if he has a tough fixture.

Sarni

My current midfielders are Salah, Son, Grealish, Ziyech, Jota, DCL, Werner and Adams. One has to sit at all times, and all have potential to get 10+ in a game at the right time. I think deep roster may come handy during busy Christmas time when players are rested/injured or due to covid but otherwise I will happily remove Jota/Adams and upgrade.

I also have too much tied in my defense. Chilwell is a no brained and Vestergaard is cheap but Cresswell, Dias and Bellerin are all above £5.0 and since I am always playing 3 at the back, two will sit. I think Coufal can easily replace Cresswell, allowing me to upgrade Dias to a wing back, and Bellerin can go altogether.

Moby

Dick
Martinez Grealish and Lewis gone. No starting GK for me but should be able to arrange for other two.

Nyland :lol:
Robertson Justin Lamptey
Salah Bruno KDB Ziyech
DCL Brewster Adams

Neo_Mufc

Feck, I made the change today morning to Grealish and now I have to do it again.
I basically have to swap Wilson for Brewster (someone who I have already played 3 times and has been absolute shite).

I brought Konsa in last week as a cheap defender for Saiss and now I can't use him.

I will have to use my transfer on mitchell for a super cheap defender to replace Grealish just so I can get 11 men in the pitch.

Terrible.

Leonzo1

Is there any chance the Villa Newcastle game will just get pushed back to Tuesday or Wednesday and still count for this game week?

Deery

Dreary
Switched Ziyech for Pulisic, looks like he’s gone off the boil a little and Pulisic is capable of scoring 2/3 goals in a game.

Also put in Daiz instead of Mitchell to cover the two Villa players not playing.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That's annoying but I won't waste a transfer on this.

Grealish will go to the bench and Bissouma will come in with his inevitable 2 pointer.

I have Lewis already on the bench so that's fine.

My only concerns are Martinez not playing (my sub GK is Forster) and Kilman is my only playing (?) sub...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Be interesting to see if it moves to midweek. Wednesday is five days later, but might be the case that not enough time would have passed.

I have Grealish, Konsa and Martinez, plus a non-playing sub GK, Kilman and Mitchell, so only 9 starters currently.

I'd fancy Forster to Peacock-Farrell if Pope was going to remain out for another week.

Neo_Mufc

Is there any chance the Villa Newcastle game will just get pushed back to Tuesday or Wednesday and still count for this game week?
I very much doubt it. Now that it's postponed they aren't really under pressure to play the game so looks like it will get slotted into a double gameweek.

Paul_Scholes18

I very much doubt it. Now that it's postponed they aren't really under pressure to play the game so looks like it will get slotted into a double gameweek.
Villa got two double gameweeks to come. Basically Grealish could be essential. Although one is vs City.

Bondi77

That's rough.

Are you rotating between goalkeepers? Benching Chilwell is brave!
Yeah, I rotate with McCarthy and I have Kane and Son so thought it best to beach Chilwell.
Would have been good to use the bench boost though

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Lads Fabio Silva at 5.2 is good value. he’s next in line to be the starting ST for wolves for who knows how long. It’s a gamble but I’ve been failing miserably with the 3rd striker. Missing out on hauls left right and centre. Might be good to stick with someone learning but in a solid team. Get Watkins out seeing as he isn’t playing this week now anyway

Moby

Dick
Lads Fabio Silva at 5.2 is good value. he’s next in line to be the starting ST for wolves for who knows how long. It’s a gamble but I’ve been failing miserably with the 3rd striker. Missing out on hauls left right and centre. Might be good to stick with someone learning but in a solid team. Get Watkins out seeing as he isn’t playing this week now anyway
Good shout.

Neo_Mufc

Why not Watkins? He got pens!
I don't have Watkins in my team he's a bit frustrating because he's only scored in 2 games?

I'm hoping that after that miss Grealish will be back on pens. I don't know why he gave them to Watkins in the first place.

Neo_Mufc

Only thing is, those of us who had Jiminez were kind of frustrated with him not scoring enough. Is bringing in Fabio likely to be any better?

Paul_Scholes18

I don't have Watkins in my team he's a bit frustrating because he's only scored in 2 games?

I'm hoping that after that miss Grealish will be back on pens. I don't know why he gave them to Watkins in the first place.
Yeah my friend benched Watkins vs Arsenal and Bowen last night with Watkins starting.
Made sense I think, but just had terrible luck.
Having 8 strong attackers have heavily backfired for him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Question.
My team value (plus money in bank) is 100.4.
How that low? I have Bruno, Son, Bamford and Kane from first/second week. They 3 alone raised value for 1,8 mil( 100k more or less). Plus some players like Grealish and Mccarthy who had smaller raise since i got them.
Where i lost my money? I only lost money on sales of Lewis and Pickford but it was nothing. And other players who i have kept their value.

So confused here....

RedDevil@84

Where are you guys seeing the team value? Thought it was a discontinued feature

Edit: Guess you are adding up from the points screen

RedDevil@84

I have Mitchell and I am just unable to throw him out because of the ridiculous low price. I have less than 0.5 in bank.
Any suggestions?