Fantasy Premier League 20/21

ROFLUTION

Bruno. Yet to blank away from home since he joined the league, four consecutive double figure haul away from home this season, yet to blank in two consecutive games since he came the league - blanked last game.
Hmm finally a stat that possibly convinces me to change my mind! Sheffield looks dire too. Both teams could be tired I guess, but that's the case in most games.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bruno. Yet to blank away from home since he joined the league, four consecutive double figure haul away from home this season, yet to blank in two consecutive games since he came the league - blanked last game.
Reckon there’s a decent chance he gets benched. Leeds less than 72 hours later and an unforgiving festive period ahead. He has looked knackered of late.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Reckon there’s a decent chance he gets benched. Leeds less than 72 hours later and an unforgiving festive period ahead. He has looked knackered of late.
That's my fear and is edging me towards captaining Salah instead. He will probably get a penalty anyway.

Don't know who to bench out of DCL and Son. Otherwise my team for this week is:

Martinez
Dias Chilwell Cresswell
Salah Bruno Grealish Bowen
Bamford Watkins

Think Son is a better choice but DCL has a slightly easier game.

Bench: McCarthy, Vestergaard

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Spurs and City's fixtures going forward look great but I cannot afford KDB and Kane whilst keeping a decent team elsewhere. Thinking about perhaps switching Salah off to free up some funds... but that always backlashes. I will definitely keep Dias as he doesn't seem to get rotated and City have a few bankers coming up soon, and will get Dier as he appears nailed in Tottenham's defence and is dirt cheap. I got Chilwell who I can sell for 5.8m and even directly replace with Zouma or James but his value is 6.2m, I am probably better off sticking with him.

Rick88

Thanks a ton, mate. The stats that you just posted will get me to make the tilt. My only worry is of him getting benched. Uggh, hate this bit of having to choose while keeping one's fingers crossed.

Mcking

Yeah, that's a potential problem, but I don't think Ole will have the balls to bench him this time, seeing what happened in the first half against West Ham.

Captained him in that West Ham game where he started from the bench, but came on to return 12 points.

My judgement's probably clouded though because I don't have a Man City player, but away from home, Fernandes is always a risk worth taking.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah, that's a potential problem, but I don't think Ole will have the balls to bench him this time, seeing what happened in the first half against West Ham.

Captained him in that West Ham game where he started from the bench, but came on to return 12 points.

My judgement's probably clouded though because I don't have a Man City player, but away from home, Fernandes is always a risk worth taking.
I just have a gut feeling Rashford and Bruno will be benched for Sheffield United. If we don't rest them now I'm not sure when we will. That's not to say both won't be brought on at half time when we're a goal down again

Mcking

I just have a gut feeling Rashford and Bruno will be benched for Sheffield United. If we don't rest them now I'm not sure when we will. That's not to say both won't be brought on at half time when we're a goal down again
Yeah, I have my doubts too, but I wouldn't bench Fernandes, and I'm not saying this because of FPL. It's a must win game for us imo. Hope Ole feels the same way.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Which 3 of the following 4 defenders would you guys start:

Chilwell (Wolves away)
James (Wolves away)
Cancelo (WBA home)
Walker-Peters (Arsenal away)

Factoring in rotation risk. I'm stumped.

RedDevil@84

Which defenders to start. Definitely starting Zouma. I have 2 more places.

Lamptey Vs Fulham (injury doubt)
Taylor vs Villa
Bednarek vs Arsenal
Coufal vs Palace

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Which defenders to start. Definitely starting Zouma. I have 2 more places.

Lamptey Vs Fulham (injury doubt)
Taylor vs Villa
Bednarek vs Arsenal
Coufal vs Palace
Coufal and Lamptey probably although Arsenal are terrible. I'm debating between Vestergaard and Lamptey myself.

Which 3 of the following 4 defenders would you guys start:

Chilwell (Wolves away)
James (Wolves away)
Cancelo (WBA home)
Walker-Peters (Arsenal away)

Factoring in rotation risk. I'm stumped.
Cancelo and Chilwell.

Paul_Scholes18

I am all over the place with transfers. Taking hits all the time to bring in the big hitters with good fixtures.

Has backfired so far, but feel fine with my current team. Even though I got no Kane or Vardy anymore.

AgentP

My team has Kane, Son, Bruno, KDB, Grealish, Bamford and Adams. Will drop Grealish and Adams in the next week or two and bring in Salah. Pretty happy with that combination of players.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Which 1 do I bench out of:

Soucek (Palace H)
Watkins (Burnley H)
DCL (Leicester A)

Watkins has been trolling me a fair bit and I already have Martinez and Grealish for Villa
I would say Watkins. Burnley have tightened up defensively, Watkins seems to mainly score against tougher opposition and is no longer on pens plus you have Graelish.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Which 1 do I bench out of:

Soucek (Palace H)
Watkins (Burnley H)
DCL (Leicester A)

Watkins has been trolling me a fair bit and I already have Martinez and Grealish for Villa
The stats in this fellas research imply Soucek is the one to drop -

Skåre Willoch

2 FTs from last GW.
Bellerin -> Dallas and Kilman -> Taylor

Martinez
Chilwell - Dias - Dallas
Podence (can't get rid!) - Salah - KDB (c) - Bruno - Grealish
Kane - Bamford

Bench: Nyland, Taylor, Mitchell, Brewster

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I generally save mine for late in the season. Then I plan a wildcard around double game weeks to try and maximise what I get out of bench boost and triple captain. I wouldn't be bench boosting without a playing keeper as that's a quarter of your potential gains instantly missed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Lots of info on GW18 and GW19 has just come out. Roughly half of the fixtures planned for GW18 have been moved to GW19 as expected at the start of the season.

As things currently stand, the following teams will have games in both GW18 and GW19, i.e. no blanks and no doubles. These are the only GW18 fixtures:

Tuesday 12 January
18:00 Sheff Utd v Newcastle (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Wolves v Everton (Sky Sports)*

Wednesday 13 January
18:00 Man City v Brighton (BT Sport)*
20:15 Aston Villa v Spurs (Sky Sports)*

Thursday 14 January
20:00 Arsenal v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)*

As things currently stand the following teams in bold will have a blank GW18 and double GW19. These are the GW19 fixtures:

Friday 15 January
20:00 Fulham v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Saturday 16 January
12:30 Wolves v West Brom (BT Sport)
15:00 Leeds v Brighton (Sky Sports)
15:00 West Ham v Burnley (Amazon Prime)
17:30 Aston Villa v Everton (Sky Sports)
20:00 Leicester v Southampton (BT Sport)

Sunday 17 January
14:00 Sheff Utd v Spurs (Sky Sports)
16:30 Liverpool v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
19:15 Man City v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Monday 18 January
20:00 Arsenal v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 19 January
18:00 West Ham v West Brom (BT Sport)*
20:15 Leicester v Chelsea (Sky Sports)*

Wednesday 20 January
18:00 Leeds v Southampton (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Fulham v Man Utd (BT Sport)*

Thursday 21 January
20:00 Liverpool v Burnley (Sky Sports)*

For whatever reason, Burnley v Manchester United, Manchester City vs Aston Villa and Aston Villa vs Newcastle have not been pencilled in for any of the potential slots, despite there being the option to. Villa, Newcastle and City could still potentially have a DGW19. United and Burnley could still not blank GW18.

Edited: Forgot the convention is for gameweeks to start on Fridays now, which means Fulham and Chelsea also double up.

Last edited:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
KDB / Bruno one of my hardest captaincy picks this season - gone for KDB.

Watch Pep rest him now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Lots of info on GW18 and GW19 has just come out. Roughly half of the fixtures planned for GW18 have been moved to GW19 as expected at the start of the season.

As things currently stand, the following teams will have games in both GW18 and GW19, i.e. no blanks and no doubles. These are the only GW18 fixtures:

Tuesday 12 January
18:00 Sheff Utd v Newcastle (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Wolves v Everton (Sky Sports)*

Wednesday 13 January
18:00 Man City v Brighton (BT Sport)*
20:15 Aston Villa v Spurs (Sky Sports)*

Thursday 14 January
20:00 Arsenal v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)*

Friday 15 January
20:00 Fulham v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

As things currently stand the following teams in bold will have a blank GW18 and double GW19. These are the GW19 fixtures:

Saturday 16 January
12:30 Wolves v West Brom (BT Sport)
15:00 Leeds v Brighton (Sky Sports)
15:00 West Ham v Burnley (Amazon Prime)
17:30 Aston Villa v Everton (Sky Sports)
20:00 Leicester v Southampton (BT Sport)

Sunday 17 January
14:00 Sheff Utd v Spurs (Sky Sports)
16:30 Liverpool v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
19:15 Man City v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Monday 18 January
20:00 Arsenal v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 19 January
18:00 West Ham v West Brom (BT Sport)*
20:15 Leicester v Chelsea (Sky Sports)*

Wednesday 20 January
18:00 Leeds v Southampton (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Fulham v Man Utd (BT Sport)*

Thursday 21 January
20:00 Liverpool v Burnley (Sky Sports)*

For whatever reason, Burnley v Manchester United, Manchester City vs Aston Villa and Aston Villa vs Newcastle have not been pencilled in for any of the potential slots, despite there being the option to. Villa, Newcastle and City could still potentially have a DGW19. United and Burnley could still not blank GW18.
As I have used my first wildcard already, I will likely Free Hit in GW18 as I have only five players currently starting (along with two fodder subs), and probably look to Triple Captain in GW19, probably Salah, unless I can work my way towards a prime set of players to make the Bench Boost worthwhile. I already have Son and Kane earmarked for transfers in for GW16.