Fantasy Premier League 20/21

K Stand Knut

So, what are the thoughts for this bizarre minimal GW18 and then a bumper GW19?

The fixtures for GW18 look terrible and hard to predict so might use my Free Hit that I was planning on saving for later in the season.

I’d then see how many players I have playing in the DGW and make my transfers accordingly, I’d possibly consider my WC but, again, I was hoping to save that until later in the season.

I might try and plan my transfers between now and then to maximise the DGW players

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why? What happened?
No idea. As Sanchez only came in about a game ago and Ryan's been there years!

I think they view Sanchez as some kind of Schmeichel (our version) style wonder keeper monster as he's 6ft 6 and supposedly a big talent.
Probably why the fantasy league put him the same price as Ryan at the start of the season - suspecting he'd overtake him at some stage. Otherwise you'd expect a Brighton 2nd choice to be 4m surely

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Which one of these teams do people think prefer?

Martinez
Chilwell, Robertson, Cancelo
Grealish, Salah, Bruno, Son
DCL, Bamford, Adams

Subs: Forster, Ayling, Taylor, Bissouma

Or

Martinez
Chilwell, Justin, Cancelo
KDB, Salah, Bruno, Son
DCL, Bamford, Adams

Or

Martinez
Chilwell, Creswell, Ayling
DCL, Bamford, Kane

Subs: Forster, Lewid, Taylor, Bissouma

Last edited:

DannyDash

Why are people so insistent on getting players for GW18 at a cost, cant see the average being high for that week at all with the fixtures on show, would be a waste of a free hit to get 2 points for most players right

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Which one of these teams do people think prefer?

Martinez
Chilwell, Robertson, Cancelo
DCL, Bamford, Adams

Or

Martinez
KDB, Salah, Bruno, Son
DCL, Bamford, Adams

Subs: Forster, Lewis, Taylor, Bissouma

Or

Martinez
DCL, Bamford, Kane

Subs: Forster, Lewid, Taylor, Bissouma
Think it depends on how often you'd want to captain KDB. If not then the first one. Liverpool defence looking better and Robertson always looks good going forward.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why are people so insistent on getting players for GW18 at a cost, cant see the average being high for that week at all with the fixtures on show, would be a waste of a free hit to get 2 points for most players right
Then you have to worry about getting rid of them after, it's a lot of transfers to make to fix it and I don't know, just seems a waste to use a fee hit on it too.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Think it depends on how often you'd want to captain KDB. If not then the first one. Liverpool defence looking better and Robertson always looks good going forward.
Thank you. As a FF legend on the caf, I'll take your advice and go with option 1. Although I made a mistake, option 2 should have had Cancelo instead of Ayling.

Basically it comes down to Robertson and Grealish vs. Justin and KDB...

Last edited:

DannyDash

Then you have to worry about getting rid of them after, it's a lot of transfers to make to fix it and I don't know, just seems a waste to use a fee hit on it too.
Yeah think its best to get a couple in for that GW even if it means having 7-8 players playing, cant see many getting double digit hauls either but we'll see

Dan_F

I’m not sure how I feel about Grealish. I’m already pretty set on a free hit for week 18 and his three fixtures before then seem very tough. I would say Bowen or JWP are decent replacements but I’ve already got 2 players from each teams, and I’m not going with 3 players from a single team again.

Any other ideas about who could be a good replacement, ideally with a double in GW19.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think it is a mistake to not use at least one wildcard or chip around GW16-20. I just don't see how you can expect to not lose sizeable ground without one. Managers can be have 36 appearances (including captaincy) from your players across GW18 and GW19 (without allowing for more through bench boosting or triple captaining). How are you getting close to that without using a chip or a wildcard? I'll probably take one hit on the run in, FH18 and that will give me 33 or 34 appearances (plus Son and Kane against Sheff Utd in GW19, with the decision to be made on whether to transfer Fabianski in).

United58

Don't do Kilman. He's lost his place. I just ditched him.
Brighton's manager said Ryan can leave. So it surprisingly seems Sanchez is now the man.
Agh... This game :lol: I'd held out anyway; now I have more variables to consider...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Agh... This game :lol: I'd held out anyway; now I have more variables to consider...
Kilman starting today. He came off the bench to stop my Ayling clean sheet a few weeks ago then stank up my team whilst dropped. I finally transfer him out and he's back in today...

Now watch him score :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Kilman starting today. He came off the bench to stop my Ayling clean sheet a few weeks ago then stank up my team whilst dropped. I finally transfer him out and he's back in today...

Now watch him score :lol:
I did Kilman to Taylor. This one has to end with a Wolves win to nil now...

LungiDevil

How many incremental points do you think a Free Hit should deliver? I'd settle for 20ish.

If I only have 6 - 7 starting players, it might be worth to add 4 - 5, while improving the quality of my starting players. Should amount for 20ish points. IMO, FH for GW18 and BB for GW19 are pretty good ideas. Not sure, if you'll ever get a week to use them with more potential.

Now whether the potential gets eventually realized is another question :D

LungiDevil

I think it is a mistake to not use at least one wildcard or chip around GW16-20. I just don't see how you can expect to not lose sizeable ground without one. Managers can be have 36 appearances (including captaincy) from your players across GW18 and GW19 (without allowing for more through bench boosting or triple captaining). How are you getting close to that without using a chip or a wildcard? I'll probably take one hit on the run in, FH18 and that will give me 33 or 34 appearances (plus Son and Kane against Sheff Utd in GW19, with the decision to be made on whether to transfer Fabianski in).
This. When you BB you get another 8 appearances. That is 44 appearances.

If you FH in GW18, you can ideally pick a perfect 11 (12 with captain).
For GW19, you either WC on GW16, if you have WC1, or build towards a strong bench and BB on GW19.

Some planning to do, but it is really worth it to make some ground.

Moby

Dick
I already see a lot of guys on fpl Twitter being giddy on how they've perfectly planned out their GW19 teams and how they would fill it with double hitters and all of them hitting double centuries.

Honestly feels a lot of these plans (including mine for sure) are gonna come crashing down due to either Covid or random injuries like James this week or managers just doing wonky rotations who seem to be panicking this season a bit regarding player fitness.

Hopefully there's a lot of awesome mayhem!

LungiDevil

I already see a lot of guys on fpl Twitter being giddy on how they've perfectly planned out their GW19 teams and how they would fill it with double hitters and all of them hitting double centuries.

Honestly feels a lot of these plans (including mine for sure) are gonna come crashing down due to either Covid or random injuries like James this week or managers just doing wonky rotations who seem to be panicking this season a bit regarding player fitness.

Hopefully there's a lot of awesome mayhem!

My team is fool-proof though for GW19. Nothing can go wrong.

Fabianski - McCarthy

Dallas - Chilwell - Zouma - KWP - Justin
Bowen - Salah (C) - Harrison - Fernandes - Son
Adams - Bamford - Antonio/Haller.

For GW 20, take a (-4) to move Antonio-Adams-Harrison to Sterling/KDB and fodder.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I was dithering about having 7-8 players active on 18 and then having 8-9 doubles on 19 but I think I am going to make a decision to go with 12-13 doubles on 19 and FH in 18.

Now my dilemma is whether to keep Son (who has a single albeit at Sheffield) and get Haller/Antonio up front with their great fixtures or to ditch Son and go with Maddison and Vardy. Think I will keep Son. Even having 12 doubles should give me a good return.

Meslier McCarthy
Chilwell Dallas Vestergaard Cresswell Castagne
Salah Bruno Bowen Grealish Son
Bamford Haller DCL

Bolded would have singles but my argument for keeping them is a) I will lose 1.3m of value by not keeping them so it would be impossible to get them back without making very significant downgrades, b) considering fixtures they have they could easily get a haul here too. Part of me wants to keep Dias (vs Palace) instead of getting Castagne (vs Soton, vs Chelsea). Maybe get a Robertson in there for Castagne too.. or Justin instead of Castagne which would allow me to take Mane in for Son.

TheGame

Decent week with Salah and Bruno as captain but took out Vardy for Kane for this week so paid the price for that! Struggling for really cheap defenders who play regularly. Got Axel but he doesn't play. Already got Kilman, Dallas and Walker Peters.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couldn't believe it when I slowly realised that was Taylor getting that assist! Incredible unexpected scenes.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Taylor stopped my Son 18 points earlier in season. Keep a clean sheet now lad and I'll forgive you!

Paul_Scholes18

I really need a Coufal clean sheet. What odds for that? Werner will probably start scoring when I least need him too.

Last edited:

Gazautd18

Podence continually managing to do f all now that he's not my bench.
Sacrificed Vardy for him.
Fraud.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Benson you utter goon. What sort of dreadful pen giveaway was that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Almost perfect from Burnley there. Kept Neto and Podence quiet and almost that clean sheet.
5 from Taylor is a bonus.