Fantasy Premier League 20/21

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I can't deal with the stress of benching half decent players. Now that I've played the bench boost it's time to bring back the cannon fodder.
:lol: It's horrible. I've got to choose to bench 3 from Son(v Liverpool), Watkins (v Burnley), Soucek (v Palace), Cresswell (v Palace) and Mee (v Villa) this week.

At the moment Son and Cresswell are in.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Bringing in and captaining Dias has turned into an absolute masterstroke for me.

Patchbeard

:lol: It's horrible. I've got to choose to bench 3 from Son(v Liverpool), Watkins (v Burnley), Soucek (v Palace), Cresswell (v Palace) and Mee (v Villa) this week.

I'm looking forward to having Button, Struijk, Mitchell and Davis/Brewster stinking up my bench again in a few weeks. Will still have Areola, Soucek and one of Justin/Coufal on my bench next GW, that's far too much good money going to waste. I kind of hate the BB chip to be honest, wish the game was just based on 11 players and if you happen to pick Mahrez that's your own fault.

Nickosaur

I think it's a good general rule not to bench premiums, regardless of fixture. I'd definitely play Son.
Think Cresswell is probably the right call too. Don't overthink it too much.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
I'm looking forward to having Button, Struijk, Mitchell and Davis/Brewster stinking up my bench again in a few weeks. Will still have Areola, Soucek and one of Justin/Coufal on my bench next GW, that's far too much good money going to waste. I kind of hate the BB chip to be honest, wish the game was just based on 11 players and if you happen to pick Mahrez that's your own fault.
I have Dallas Soucek Brewster and 4.0 gk on my bench, seriously thinking about taking a -4 to take out GK and Brewster for better players and BBing this week

Patchbeard

I have Dallas Soucek Brewster and 4.0 gk on my bench, seriously thinking about taking a -4 to take out GK and Brewster for better players and BBing this week
If you have no changes to make in your first 11 then it might be a sound idea as Dallas + Soucek could easily pick up some points, although it's always best to try and use it on a double gameweek for maximum. Alternatively you could downgrade Soucek in order to upgrade a first teamer? But maybe don't listen to me, I'm fully aware that off all seasons this is the one to have some back-up on the bench just in case, but I just hate having the choice. The game is a lot simpler when you commit to the first 11 and nothing else.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
KDB makes my team picking easier. I wanted to leave Dallas and Bamford on the bench (along with Mitchell) but one of them will now be back in.

Areola
Cresswell Dias Cancelo
Bruno Grealish Bowen Rashford
Martial Bamford Watkins

Bench: Johnstone, Mitchell, Dallas, KDB

After this week Martial is gone (probably replaced by Cavani) or KDB is gone (replaced by Maddison or Barnes). I think the latter.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
If you have no changes to make in your first 11 then it might be a sound idea as Dallas + Soucek could easily pick up some points, although it's always best to try and use it on a double gameweek for maximum. Alternatively you could downgrade Soucek in order to upgrade a first teamer? But maybe don't listen to me, I'm fully aware that off all seasons this is the one to have some back-up on the bench just in case, but I just hate having the choice. The game is a lot simpler when you commit to the first 11 and nothing else.
Soucek normally starts for me, I just had Bamford over him this week now that I brought in Dias for KWP. My other idea was to downgrade Chilwell to upgrade Son to KDB, but now that isn't happening. I just have no idea what to do!!

K Stand Knut

No thanks. Quite happy with my BB. 119 with Martinez and Watkins left to play.

Score aside I'm more happy that I've still got FH and TC left (which I think are the better chips) when most in my leagues have burnt them. Wildcard and BB looking smart now.
can we agree that villa concede but Watkins scores a hat-trick then, please??

I’m also happy that I’ve only used my WC. All wildcards left and very happy with my team. Just need to know what’s going on with KdB.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That bench is just too good though @CassiusClaymore Even Ben Mee ain't bargain basement.
Yeah it's served it's purpose this week but I'll be stripping it back soon enough although that said it will be handy to keep players who've got more dgw's coming up (one of the reasons I made Areola my spare gk) so will need to have an eye on that.

Looks like GW26 could be a good double for City, United, Leeds and Spurs especially. Time to plan...

Leonzo1

Horrible GW for me. Only Grealish and Martinez can take me to 100+ territory. Triple captain played and still went from 30k to 40k.

Neo_Mufc

KDB to Grealish me thinks. With Villa looking so good it's only a matter of time before they go on a nice little run again?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Thinking of getting rid of Vardy or Salah.

Any suggestions?

Thinking maybe DCL has had plenty of time to recover and will be raring to go? Or should I stick with Vardy and hope he finds his goal-scoring form again?

Salah for Son?

ROFLUTION

Putting the injury aside it's hard to even justify keeping him as his returns this season aren't justifying the price imo. Gundogan is comfortably outscoring him since starting regularly for half his price.

Points over the last 7 gameweeks...

* KDB - 39
* Gundogan - 54

That money saved can turn a Watkins into Vardy or Kane for example.
I agree, but this surely gotta be a spike in Gündogan's numbers, as we all know Gundogan has not performed at these numbers in other seasons.

So if he has overperformed now (he's playing like Xavi at the moment btw), he might be in for a dip in goals/returns. However at his current price, if we correct for the projected dip in goals, he might still be great value compared to his price.

I might go KdB to Gundogan if KdB's out for more than 1 gw, but KdB should return to his old form sooner or later with so many easy games. Against the opposition KdB has he's realiable and great captain material - I don't think I can rely on Gündogan.

Edit with statistical analysis over last 10 games:
Now that I take a look at their stats pr 90 minutes for the last 10 games, their numbers and areas they operate in are not that far off:

Gündogan: xG: 0.4 - xA: 0.1
De Bruyne: xG: 0.5 - xA: 0.3

Goal conversion: Gündogan 20.8, Kdb 5.7 which says something about how bad KdB has been on big chances this season and how Gündogan on the opposite has taken his chances.

So Gündogan seems the obvious transfer if De Bruyne is out. Maybe even if he's not to free up funds, as you suggest.

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Anyone knows why Douglas from Leeds (3.8) has been taken out of the game?

Didn't know that FPL took players out of the game.

Paul_Scholes18

I can't deal with the stress of benching half decent players. Now that I've played the bench boost it's time to bring back the cannon fodder.
Yeah, but I don't want to take hits to bring in Mitchell and Brewster, Sanchez. Like having De Gea as your bench keeper feel a bit bad vs Sheffield, but Martinez feels like he might get a bigger haul vs Burnley.

With KDB out I have no problem being able to buy who I want right now. I could always sell Salah for cash too.

Thus Soucek, Saiss, De Gea, maybe even Chilwell/Salah will be on my bench.

Paul_Scholes18

Who to bench from Grealish, Son, Kane, Dallas, Bamford, Gundagon & Taylor?

Do i start McCarthy or Martinez?

FFS.
Pretty easy I think. Bench Taylor and Mccarthy.
I think Villa vs Burnley could be low scoring, but I think Villa will win it 1-0 or 2-0.

Arsenal in better form makes it easier to bench Mccarthy I think even if he could haul if he get the clean sheet.

GledTheRed

Pretty easy I think. Bench Taylor and Mccarthy.
I think Villa vs Burnley could be low scoring, but I think Villa will win it 1-0 or 2-0.

Arsenal in better form makes it easier to bench Mccarthy I think even if he could haul if he get the clean sheet.
What about the rest?

Taylor and McCarthy are nailed on tbh, got Grealish and Dallas rub a dub too at he moment.

Pat Evra

What to do with KDB now? I have midfield made of Bruno, Son, Souček, Harrison and him.

Maybe go for Grealish or Maddison? Or some of the City guys (Sterling, Foden) because of their fixtures, but that's probably risky because of Pep-roulette. :nervous:

I also have Martinez and McCarthy as goalkeepers and easily going with Martinez for this gameweek. Pretty sure that Arsenal will score.

Last edited:

El-Manos

What to do with KDB now? I have midfield made of Bruno, Son, Souček, Harrison and him.

Maybe go for Grealish or Maddison? Or some of the City guys (Sterling, Foden) because of their fixtures, but that's probably risky because of Pep-roulette. :nervous:

I also have Martinez and McCarthy as goalkeepers and easily going with Martinez for this gameweek. Pretty sure that Arsenal will score.
I was thinking Sterling myself? He’s not in super form though.. or else get salah back but their fixtures are stink.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No offence, but that source is a podcast - which sits behind a paywall, so I'm unable to verify anything from that information.
Who's the real source of this information about a "small hamstring tear" / 2-3 weeks out?

The media who brings the "exclusive update" - Ninety Three Twenty has about 9000 followers. Is it just some small podcast claiming to be ITK? And have they gotten anything right before?
Not reliable. They missed by 50 %.

RedDevil@84

Yeah just seen that. Hernia operation. FPL aside this is great for United right. City and Leicester losing their best players for a month and Liverpool in woeful form. We need to make sure we keep winning in the league.
We desperately need to keep winning. Our run of games at the end is so tough.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bit of a disaster of a week with only 77 (and a -8) points so far. 14 points behind in the cup with only Konsa as a differential to come, as we both have Martinez. I'll likely more than double my rank from low 100ks to low 200ks. First red arrow for eight weeks in all likelihood. At least I was justified in not triple captaining or bench boosting, as none of my BB drafts or TC picks did well enough.

My minus 8 just about justified itself, with Trent, Son and Kane (with Salah as planned captain) to Dias, KDB (c) and Vardy: 26 (8 + 5 + 9 + 4) vs 38 (18 + 8 + 8 + 4). Unfortunately, now both KDB and Vardy are both out for a few weeks, more hits will be needed and I will likely have to take another -8 to sort my team out. A second City defender will come in for sure, and I'll have my choice of midfielders and forwards to pick from.

Who are people looking at for GW 21 captaincy now? KDB and Vardy were the obvious picks. Maybe I do bring in one of Son or Kane early for Brighton away? Could do a City defender or someone like Gundo or Foden?