Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane to DCL for free so far. Hopefully he's about to start one of his goal fest runs.

Will sleep on it, and see if Smith Rowe to Salah for -4 is worth it this week, or just play Bamford v Leicester away, or even Dier away to Brighton.

It's probably next game week to have Salah on board, although that could well be a rest job as their 2 after that are tough.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone having any ideas about Peps mind?

It feels like a situation we had some years ago. City won like 4-0 and Sterling was amazing.
Brought him in for a hit and did captain him.
Benched and on for 1 point the last 10 minutes.

Now I feel the same with Cancelo. He had a great game and any normal manager would not drop him, but Pep is Pep.
Thus a -4 to get him could backfire big time.

Pat Evra

It feels like a situation we had some years ago. City won like 4-0 and Sterling was amazing.

Now I feel the same with Cancelo. He had a great game and any normal manager would not drop him, but Pep is Pep.
I also have a feeling that Cancelo could be benched, so I am bringing Ederson (for McCarthy) and now having three of them in defense: Ederson, Stones, Cancelo. Hopefully at least 2 of them should start (probably Ederson and Stones).

With limited options forward now it's probably best to focus on strong defense. Apart from City assets, I have Martinez, Digne, Creswell and Saiss, so I always have some good options to pick according to fixtures they have.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Reluctantly went Rashford and Kane > Mane and DCL

I don't rate DCL but there's nobody in that price bracket bar Lacazette and his fixtures aren't the easiest.

I think Rashford might get some points but I needed a captain so I hope Mane steps up.

Paul_Scholes18

I also have a feeling that Cancelo could be benched, so I am bringing Ederson (for McCarthy) and now having three of them in defense: Ederson, Stones, Cancelo. Hopefully at least 2 of them should start (probably Ederson and Stones).

With limited options forward now it's probably best to focus on strong defense. Apart from City assets, I have Martinez, Digne, Creswell and Saiss, so I always have some good options to pick according to fixtures they have.
It is the tricky situation. If I knew Cancelo would start and play over 60 minutes I would buy him and make him my captain probably.
Even if I had 50% chance of him getting 90 and 50 with 0 I would probably gamble and bring him in and captain him with a solid vice captain.

Now I think he will either haul without me having him or be in my team with 1 point and blocking another bench haul potentially.

James Peril

I wonder how many people might put Lingard in as a differential. ;)
He isn’t good enough for West Ham’s first team, so perhaps not the wisest idea. 18 goals in 133 league games as an attacking midfielder/winger, and 8 of them were in one season... take away those and it’s 10 goals in 100 games. So incredibly poor.

K Stand Knut

He isn’t good enough for West Ham’s first team, so perhaps not the wisest idea. 18 goals in 133 league games as an attacking midfielder/winger, and 8 of them were in one season... take away those and it’s 10 goals in 100 games. So incredibly poor.
*takes -4 and removes Lingard from team*

Paul_Scholes18

Reading this thread has me worried. I just bought in Cancelo :nervous:
I think hopefully if he is benched tomorrow he will start the next game, but who knows.

You just never know with Pep though. He doesn't manage like most managers.

In Mourinhos second last season when City won. I captained Sterling 2 times and benched and 1 point as sub.
Vice captain Sterling once and he got 1 point as a sub then too since my captain did not play.
Captain Aguero a few times too which worked and one time benched and on for 1 point.
My problem was making them captain after previous big hauls and Pep did strike almost every time.

It was a pure nightmare since City won on top of it mostly. Everyone else also captained Salah around the same time with big hauls every week.
I finally gave up with City captains and went with Salah most weeks and I saved my rank to around 50 k in the end.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They're rocking Fornals, Bowen and Benrama as their attacking mids at the moment. Those aren't exactly top draw. Lingard could and will get into that team if he hits the ground running.

Paul_Scholes18

It would be fun if Lingard turned himself into an option, but I can't see it.
Even if he is doing well they got Soucek and Antonio as well for cheap.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I don't think he'll be benched personally. Maybe in the tougher games. They just smashed a team who sits back and Cancelo was able to vacate the right back position and play practically in midfield. They've got Sheffield United and Burnley next. I don't see any difference in approach to those games.

*Don't @ me if I'm wrong

Paul_Scholes18

I don't think he'll be benched personally. Maybe in the tougher games. They just smashed a team who sits back and Cancelo was able to vacate the right back position and play practically in midfield. They've got Sheffield United and Burnley next. I don't see any difference in approach to those games.

*Don't @ me if I'm wrong
So no Walker then or both?
We all try to guess Pep.

The only thing I trust is KDB nailed when he is 100%.
Also Dias this season plays all games.

Dan_F

They are more or less in the same form. Bamford has been diabolical past few weeks.
Yeah I think I’ll go Bamford. He’s more likely to haul anyway. I don’t think Adams has more than one attacking return per game in him. Bring on Antonio next week.

Thinking of taking a -4 to get Salah back in for Soucek.

Paul_Scholes18

Well yeah it always is. You asked for an opinion though and that's mine. Pick Ederson if you want someone nailed. :)
Well I had KDB and never really doubted his starts that much. Dias I feel pretty good about too.
Although it is Cancelo and Sterling that give me the biggest doubts.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I have 3 city but I will never Captain them. I don't mind a player being benched but I will drive over and smash Pep over the head with a bat if he benched a player I made Captain.

Paul_Scholes18

I have 3 city but I will never Captain them. I don't mind a player being benched but I will drive over and smash Pep over the head with a bat if he benched a player I made Captain.
Who is your captain this week? I am thinking getting Cancelo with Salah/Bruno captain. Or get Son and make him captain even with no Kane.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Haha. It's not even just about starts either. I had a heart attack the other day when he was bringing on Laporte before 60 mins. If City blow someone away early doors he has no reason to keep players on the pitch. It's like he doesn't even care about us FPL junkies. Bald bastard.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah I think I’ll go Bamford. He’s more likely to haul anyway. I don’t think Adams has more than one attacking return per game in him. Bring on Antonio next week.

Thinking of taking a -4 to get Salah back in for Soucek.
Not sure if this would end well. Liverpools centre halfs tomorrow are likely Henderson and Phillips. Think West Ham will be a serious threat from set pieces with Soucek as usual a menace

Dan_F

Not sure if this would end well. Liverpools centre halfs tomorrow are likely Henderson and Phillips. Think West Ham will be a serious threat from set pieces with Soucek as usual a menace
very true. Definitely over thinking it at this point.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Who is your captain this week? I am thinking getting Cancelo with Salah/Bruno captain. Or get Son and make him captain even with no Kane.
I was deliberating Gundogan v Salah then remembered that Gundogan got rested early in the last game. Divide that by Pep equals Gundogan benched.

So Salah it is.

I think Salah is going to explode soon and it'll be when you least expect it.

Paul_Scholes18

I was deliberating Gundogan v Salah then remembered that Gundogan got rested early in the last game. Divide that by Pep equals Gundogan benched.

So Salah it is.

I think Salah is going to explode soon and it'll be when you least expect it.
I think I am going Salah too. Hopefully if he fails Liverpool at least fail too.

City really need to start to drop points though. Not seeing it this week, but Sheffield hopefully have a postive upset in them too.
A 0-0 would be double tasty.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone mad enough to do Kane to Werner?

Schneiderman

Having the same Salah debate as the rest of you, for Soucek too which is madness after last week. I just feel like when he does finally score again he'll get a hatrick.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think I am going Salah too. Hopefully if he fails Liverpool at least fail too.

City really need to start to drop points though. Not seeing it this week, but Sheffield hopefully have a postive upset in them too.
A 0-0 would be double tasty.
But at the same time, West Ham look solid in defense and Salah has been playing deeper recently.

Man City wide men are hugging the touchline, allowing Gundogan to drift into the box, which is why he's getting so many goals.

Now I'm thinking Gundogan Captain :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

But at the same time, West Ham look solid in defense and Salah has been playing deeper recently.

Man City wide men are hugging the touchline, allowing Gundogan to drift into the box, which is why he's getting so many goals.

Now I'm thinking Gundogan Captain :lol:
Just do not fully trust Pep to let him play all game. Granted he didn't need to last game.

It also sound so strange to captain Gundogan. Never thought I would consider that. Same with Stones being in my team.

I guess in 5 weeks time we all have Phil Jones/Rojo, Lingard, Welbeck, Walcott,Benteke at this rate ;).