Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
People are all talking about captaining Kane, but Bruno might not be a bad shout. Chelsea and Palace away aren't great fixtures, but he scores v most.
I had that dilemma but Chelsea is good in defence (so 0-0) and Palace will park thecbus too. Kane 100%

Schneiderman

:lol:. My first thought was not "great 3-1". I was "why i captained Bamford ffs!!"
Exactly the same. And I think we all knew we should have captained Bruno. Watching Maguire head chance after chance just off target is also rather annoying as an owner. But real life > FPL.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If a manager who didn't even mention Grealish as being a doubt is now saying he's out for half the double, I'd probably take it that he's out for the full month - 6weeks.
Ffs, i heard him saying MAYBE fit for Leeds? :nervous: . Bloody hell, i thought that my English is decent at least. :)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
These Rashford points will push me nicely up the rankings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ffs, i heard him saying MAYBE fit for Leeds? :nervous: . Bloody hell, i thought that my English is decent at least. :)
Yeah he probably did say "maybe". But he's clearly not a truth merchant.

How could he not even mention Grealish as being a doubt before, when the internet was combusting over the rumours :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Bruno obvious captain for the double?

I am thinking should I get Rashford as well, but Barnes makes more sense I think.

Also Vardy or Kane?

Dudu

Just realised one of my ML Rivals has Dallas, Raphinha, Bamford... and captained Bruno.

Ahhh.

Paul_Scholes18

It is not my worst week so far, but probably the biggest fail in terms of blanks.

My worst was with all games moved due to Covid, but at least I got some returns then from the 6 players I had left.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
More likely the villa manager talks shit. I remember the cnut saying Barkley injury was nothing, he'd be back soon. He didn't play for 7 games :lol:
I am doing transfer right now. Barnes in. If i see Grealish in first 11 vs Leeds......i will find you!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am doing transfer right now. Barnes in. If i see Grealish in first 11 vs Leeds......i will find you!!
Are you that tight for money?
Why on earth would you do it now, giving 6-7 days for anything to happen?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Are you that tight for money?
Why on earth would you do it now, giving 6-7 days for anything to happen?
I am not. I have 0.5 in the bank but i am trying to avoid price change for Barnes. That price changes are bug me always....
You don't do it like that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am not. I have 0.5 in the bank but i am trying to avoid price change for Barnes. That price changes are bug me always....
You don't do it like that?
It's late in the season to worry about price changes.
Security against injury/covid is much more important this year anyway.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hang tight. Price changes are worth chasing at the start of the season, not now. Leicester are playing mid week too, anything can happen!

Dan_F

Bit of a nightmare with Grealish. I only have six players for the blank, because I took a gamble on Ings for Antonio. I really need to get a Leicester player, but can’t really ditch someone that is due to have a game during the blank.

Ditching Rashford doesn’t seem right now, despite that being the plan, and Kane seems like he could be a waste of time too.

I might end up ditching Salah instead, and hoping Grealish is back at least for the blank.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If I switch Salah to KDB I can bring Barnes in for Gundo (would have to get rid of a City player). Should I?

Already have Maddison

Paul_Scholes18

So need to figure out a free hit side.

I think Ederson or Martinez in goal. Clean sheet vs saves. I have Martinez in my normal side so feel I can try something different.

Aina, Digne, Pereira, Shaw the defenders I consider. Not sure about us, but games vs Chelsea have often been low scoring.

Bruno, Barnes, Gundogan, Sterling/KDB/Salah, Grealish/Rashford?

Kane, DCL up front maybe standard, but like Maja, Diagne or some differentials.

Swiss_Red89

I needed 20 points from Rashi and Bruno against my rival (my younger liverpool fan brother) i'm chasing in my head to head league as we both have the same Leeds players. He used his bench boost the little c***:-) So very important game.

Oh how you delivered my beautys!

For Rashford. You should get him from the start, stick and go through and thick with him, he will pay it back:-)

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Next week is going to be crucial for me. Got 9 doubles now, with Raphinha, Dallas, Bamford and Cresswell having singles and Grealish not playing at all. Grealish to someone else seems like the obvious move considering his injury, I will probably keep Raphinha for a while but Bamford and Dallas will go soon too.

Dallas -> Pereira
Grealish -> Barnes
Bamford -> DCL

Are my next moves. Would still have £3.7m in the bank and a team of:

Areola Johnstone
Dias Cancelo Shaw Cresswell Pereira
Bruno Rashford Gundogan Raphinha Barnes
Kane DCL Watkins

Though I am quite tempted to get KDB in, which would probably mean getting rid of Dias to free up 1 City slot, unless I take him straight up for Gundogan while downgrading elsewhere.

Neo_Mufc

Think it's time to WC.

Get rid of Grealish right? He could drop tonight so I'm thinking just to make the move for the sake of saving 0.1m

Neo_Mufc

Yeah but it's a risk if you're bringing in someone likely to be playing in europe mid week.

Not that it stopped me :lol: :nervous:
I've not got a clue how to play the WC. Bit gutted the fixtures came out late because I would have BB this week and gone all out. I need to somehow create a team that has some GW29 players too.

Tbh this gameweek has some really lovely fixtures. One can't deny that.

Leicester and Spurs look perfect.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I've gone from 4th in my league to 2nd but I realised today the league leader has essentially been copying my team for weeks.

There's no inherent wisdom to the players I pick that nobody else could think is a good idea but I find it rather peculiar that his first eleven matches about 95% of my first eleven, and the the two players that don't are the two players I transfered in this week.

Paul_Scholes18

Shaw vs Dias? Just for next week?

I think both can get rested potentially which is a worry, but the same applies to Stones, Cancelo and I think Dias is most safe.

Although AWB might be safer than Shaw, but not as good in attack.

Ludens the Red

I've gone from 4th in my league to 2nd but I realised today the league leader has essentially been copying my team for weeks.

There's no inherent wisdom to the players I pick that nobody else could think is a good idea but I find it rather peculiar that his first eleven matches about 95% of my first eleven, and the the two players that don't are the two players I transfered in this week.
:lol: Classic fpl defensive tactic. It’s fecking grating though.

RedDevil@84

Yet another diabolic week. Grealish gone. Salah blank. Kane blank. Harrison blank. Bamford blank. Shaw blank.
Just about in the mix due to Bruno and Maddison. Feel stupid not to have captained Bruno. But my captain mostly sucks. So hey ho.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Anyone triple captaining this double game week? I had lined up Kane for the job a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of Spurs picking up, but they’re still struggling.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Why would he copy the team in 4th?

I wish id done tactics like this about a decade ago.

I had Lampard and my rival had Gerrard. Come two weeks out i had a 50 point lead but still about 22 with one week to go
Chelsea rested Lampard and Alex, my two points of difference.

Lost it last day. If id mirrored Gerrard id have seen it out.

But 14 weeks out is silly.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone triple captaining this double game week? I had lined up Kane for the job a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of Spurs picking up, but they’re still struggling.
99% sure I am but 99% unsure as to who to put it on. Hell I'm even considering bringing in Vardy instead of Kane as Spurs just look so poor. Is that mad?

My triple captain candidates would be....

Kane/Son - On paper good fixtures against Burnley and Fulham but probably not gonna thrash either of those teams (even if they win). Plus point is that both will surely play 90 minutes x 2 and are very likely to be involved should they score.

DCL/Digne - Even better fixtures potentially in Southampton and West Brom. Everton will be riding high after beating Liverpool and they've got some key players back in the team. Again likely to play 90 in both (assuming Dom is over his tweak) and good potential for points.

Bruno/Rashford - Bruno the better pick here obviously with his and Uniteds away form. Should stuff Palace (although this is United) but the Chelsea game will probably be cagey. Bruno has shown though that he only needs 1 involvement to rake in the bonus points and nobody has seen this consistency in FPL since Salah had that mental season a few years back.

Gundgan/City players - If you pick the right one you're on to a winner but Pep roulette (especially with CL back on) makes this very risky indeed. Squad is so good he can rotate and bring key players off early with no real change to how they perform. KDB is back and looks like Aguero might get some minutes too so a hard no from me here.

If I bring in Vardy over Kane it will be becuase I'm TC'ing DCL or Bruno and don't fancy Spurs. Bringing in Kane does give me an extra GW29 player as well though and might leave me able to save my Free Hit to attack a better GW (33?).