Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Nickosaur

Good summary @CassiusClaymore

It's been my plan for so long to TC Kane but Spurs look shocking. Now leaning towards DCL or Fernandes...
I also hate making decisions so I may decide not to use the TC chip at all :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good summary @CassiusClaymore

It's been my plan for so long to TC Kane but Spurs look shocking. Now leaning towards DCL or Fernandes...
I also hate making decisions so I may decide not to use the TC chip at all :lol:
Yeah I'm dithering now too. I don't see many better opportunities though and I know a fair few will be using BB this week instead so it would at least counter some of that if I pick well.

Paul_Scholes18

Bruno captain feels obvious. The man is a beast. Now I am happy with him performing as non captain too, but not picking him as my captain when I thought he was the best captain has lost me 30 points or more so far.

Patchbeard

DCL is an interesting triple captain shout... though Everton are perfectly capable of blanking in the easiest of games.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: Classic fpl defensive tactic. It’s fecking grating though.
Literally have no way of catching up unless I switch my team up weekly with 2-3 changes. Annoying af.

Why would he copy the team in 4th?

I wish id done tactics like this about a decade ago.

I had Lampard and my rival had Gerrard. Come two weeks out i had a 50 point lead but still about 22 with one week to go
Chelsea rested Lampard and Alex, my two points of difference.

Lost it last day. If id mirrored Gerrard id have seen it out.

But 14 weeks out is silly.
No idea mate, but I won this league 2 of the last 4 seasons, last season included a late surge to overtake the guy who had lead the league since week 5. There's money on the table for the winner. He was about 120 points ahead of me before Christmas but it's effectively been about 50 points since mid-January because we've practically had the same team since then. He's made a calculated guess that my team is his main threat then the only thing he has to hope for is a player not doing a madness the same week I transfer him in.

I haven't made a dent in his lead in 4 weeks despite having multiple 70+ point GW's.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Anyone triple captaining this double game week? I had lined up Kane for the job a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of Spurs picking up, but they’re still struggling.
I brought Kane in with the intention of triple captaining him but think I am going to TC Bruno instead now. Chelsea is a tougher game but Palace looks nice on paper and he's been getting the numbers recently. I would have considered Grealish but with his injury it's obviously a no go and he has left my team for the first time this season.

I took -8 to bring Kane, Pereira and Barnes in for Antonio, Dallas and Grealish. I think those DGWs are great opportunity to refresh team as you make 2 points back by a player just having an extra fixture. Now my team is:

Areola
Dias Cancelo Shaw Pereira
Bruno Rashford Barnes Gundogan
Watkins Kane

Bench: Johnstone Cresswell Bamford Raphinha

5.3m in the bank. Team looks super stacked IMO.

My next moves are Bamford to Calvert-Lewin, possibly downgrade Dias/Cancelo to bring in KDB for Raphinha but that is longer term.

Sarni

Literally have no way of catching up unless I switch my team up weekly with 2-3 changes. Annoying af.

No idea mate, but I won this league 2 of the last 4 seasons, last season included a late surge to overtake the guy who had lead the league since week 5. There's money on the table for the winner. He was about 120 points ahead of me before Christmas but it's effectively been about 50 points since mid-January because we've practically had the same team since then. He's made a calculated guess that my team is his main threat then the only thing he has to hope for is a player not doing a madness the same week I transfer him in.

I haven't made a dent in his lead in 4 weeks despite having multiple 70+ point GW's.
I'm in the same position in my ML. Our previous leader 180 pts ahead of me, now down to 40 and I'll overtake him soon, but the new leader of our league has mostly had the same team as me for the last few weeks and now he's 100 pts ahead of me still, and has managed to grab a nice lead over previous leader. Still 13 games to go, I guess I still have a chance.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I've gone from 4th in my league to 2nd but I realised today the league leader has essentially been copying my team for weeks.

There's no inherent wisdom to the players I pick that nobody else could think is a good idea but I find it rather peculiar that his first eleven matches about 95% of my first eleven, and the the two players that don't are the two players I transfered in this week.
Have your changes ready. Do them with minutes to go?

Patchbeard

I'm top of the work league, but it's squeaky bum time as the top 3 are currently on:
:nervous:

(I know they aren't really high scores...it's never the highest standard of leagues)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Man this week so far has hammered my ranking. Went from top 30k to 80k in one bad gameweek. I also dont own Raphinha or Ings so unless Struijk has some miracle week, I'll be dropping further down, probably out of the top 100k.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm in the same position in my ML. Our previous leader 180 pts ahead of me, now down to 40 and I'll overtake him soon, but the new leader of our league has mostly had the same team as me for the last few weeks and now he's 100 pts ahead of me still, and has managed to grab a nice lead over previous leader. Still 13 games to go, I guess I still have a chance.
Yeah loads of time left. He's obviously feeling the pressure. I still have a couple of aces up my sleeve - not used my WC or TC yet, so hopefully I can sucker punch him and steal the lead over the coming weeks.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm top of the work league, but it's squeaky bum time as the top 3 are currently on:
:nervous:

(I know they aren't really high scores...it's never the highest standard of leagues)
Not the highest of standards? All 3 of you would be top of my league with those scores :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

In fairness, I do similar, I keep a firm eye on a guy who has won our work league about 5 times in the last decade.
He's had a nightmare season for him, and he's only 10th out of 81. I monitor what he's doing, and even with Sterling he's got too similar a team to mine to make up the 50-60points right now.

I need to get the other side of this double though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I brought Kane in with the intention of triple captaining him but think I am going to TC Bruno instead now. Chelsea is a tougher game but Palace looks nice on paper and he's been getting the numbers recently. I would have considered Grealish but with his injury it's obviously a no go and he has left my team for the first time this season.

I took -8 to bring Kane, Pereira and Barnes in for Antonio, Dallas and Grealish. I think those DGWs are great opportunity to refresh team as you make 2 points back by a player just having an extra fixture. Now my team is:

Areola
Dias Cancelo Shaw Pereira
Bruno Rashford Barnes Gundogan
Watkins Kane

Bench: Johnstone Cresswell Bamford Raphinha

5.3m in the bank. Team looks super stacked IMO.

My next moves are Bamford to Calvert-Lewin, possibly downgrade Dias/Cancelo to bring in KDB for Raphinha but that is longer term.
Triple captain is certainly a big option this week.

Kane, Bruno and Salah all options.

Kane has the best fixtures you'd imagine, but Jose's football is such a stinker.
Bruno can pop up with an average performance and still get a 10 pointer, but Chelsea away, when we've not beaten, and hardly scored against any of the top 6 puts a bit too much pressure on the Palace game.

Liverpool are in poor form, but if anyone can score for them Salah can.

I'd probably edge to Kane for now.

Even Gundo could be interesting, but so much Pep roulette risk.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I noticed that all the teams above me have Salah so even though been thinking of putting him in for weeks, made a decision not to have him as a differential.

Worked ok recently and narrowed gap to 57 but tough to avoid him, especially with upcoming fixtures.

Sarni

Kane has the best fixtures you'd imagine, but Jose's football is such a stinker.
Bruno can pop up with an average performance and still get a 10 pointer, but Chelsea away, when we've not beaten, and hardly scored against any of the top 6 puts a bit too much pressure on the Palace game.

I don't have Salah so it's easier for me in that regard. City player is out of question due to rotation obviously. I think Bruno is the obvious choice for now.

Sarni

I noticed that all the teams above me have Salah so even though been thinking of putting him in for weeks, made a decision not to have him as a differential.

Worked ok recently and narrowed gap to 57 but tough to avoid him, especially with upcoming fixtures.
Yeah I don't have Salah either and both guys above me have him, similar to Son. To be fair with the weeks gone by my team has started to look different, still some of the same stuff like Bruno, Bamford, Cresswell, Cancelo, Gundogan and another City defender (Dias for me, Stones for others) but the rest has been differentiated a bit already. Getting Barnes, Kane and Pereira now, none of whom are in the other teams should in theory help me. The guy 40 pts above me has just 101.4m team value and he doesn't have FH anymore so will inevitably lose a lot of ground on GW29. I'm not overly concerned about him, I think I will pass him within 2-3 weeks easily. My value is now at 107.9m. That's a massive difference and will allow me to build a much stronger team towards the end. I think due to the number of good cheap options this season 2-3m would not make huge difference but 6m is a different world.

Paul_Scholes18

Fulham and Burnley are solid sides at the moment. They are keeping clean sheets and will make it hard for Spurs.

Kane is normally decent against these types of sides, but not expecting that much from him.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Burnley and Fulham are good defending sides. In the last 4 games they've conceded 2 and 1 goal respectively. Both have 2 of the best shot stoppers in the league in goal. Up until a couple of months ago you would be licking your lips at those 2 games, not anymore. Fulham will beat Spurs imo

hubbuh

When are people wild-carding? I've had a bust of a week with 38 points (Struijk and captain Bamford to play tonight) and starting to fret about rivals catching up. No fecking Leicester will be the death of me. I immediately transferred Barnes in for Grealish but now worried about having no Everton coverage and overleveraging Spurs with Kane and Son and sticking with expensive Salah!!

RedDevil@84

When are people wild-carding? I've had a bust of a week with 38 points (Struijk and captain Bamford to play tonight) and starting to fret about rivals catching up. No fecking Leicester will be the death of me. I immediately transferred Barnes in for Grealish but now worried about having no Everton coverage and overleveraging Spurs with Kane and Son and sticking with expensive Salah!!
Isn't the game tomorrow?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Roll on tomorrow.
Wonder whether many have players from tonight. A Monday night game if ever there was one!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Evening ruined
Nothing worse than your defender conceding fairly early doors and ruining a game you only watched because of a cleany hope.

Well, a 96th min goal conceded having clocked him on for 3 boners would be worse, but you know.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dammit, Veltman scores!
Had put a decent 30 or so margin over one rival, and he gets a 2nd sub Veltman in for 10 or so.

Oh well...roll on Raphina being the point of difference tomorrow!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm now priced out of DCL with Barnes rising but I guess it's more important to wait until end of the week...

Looks like I'll have to go without Everton, despite their tasty fixtures :(

RedDevil@84

Trying to replace Grealish..
I am priced out of Rodriguez.. is Siggurdson any good

Or is it better to stick to one of Foden/Silva from City or someting

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Once I bench Raphinha and sell Bamford to buy Watkins, I will be able to field a starting 11 from clubs who have got two games in the big double gameweek at the expense of -4.

Last edited: