Fantasy Premier League 20/21

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It sounds like you really want DCL @Dirty Schwein so just bite the bullet and get him in.

I think Lookman is a good shout if you can afford to bench him in 27 & 28. Can see him getting something in 26 and against Leeds in 29. From the Villa lot Traore is the one that seems to keep popping up with goals and I bet he's really low owned.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It sounds like you really want DCL @Dirty Schwein so just bite the bullet and get him in.

I think Lookman is a good shout if you can afford to bench him in 27 & 28. Can see him getting something in 26 and against Leeds in 29. From the Villa lot Traore is the one that seems to keep popping up with goals and I bet he's really low owned.
Yeah thinking about it, DCL has a double AND will have another double at some point. I think I need to cover that.

Traore or Lookman in is the question I guess...

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
If I manage my transfer properly, I can easily get to 9 without taking a hit. Will most likely take a hit to get to 10.

That's enough for me. Had Grealish not gotten injured, I would have had 11.
That’s about what I will manage I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Trying to work out the benefit of TC over BB.

One gives you one player, with two games, tripled.

The other gives you numerous players with two games, and one player with two games, doubled?
Bb can secure bigger spoils if you plan it superbly.

In my 143 benchboost about 30 came from the bench just from 3 players, two with doubles.

You'd imagine 4 players with doubles could smash that.

Take a tc, say kane scores and is man of match in both games that'd be 18x3. So only an 18 point gain from captain.

Just your 4 bench players playing twice would be 16 points as a comparison.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Trying to work out the benefit of TC over BB.

One gives you one player, with two games, tripled.

The other gives you numerous players with two games, and one player with two games, doubled?
People overthink the chips. Both chips are very similar in that you want around 15-18 points from them.

Bench boost is the safer option (in a DGW) if you have playing subs. If each one just turned up and didn't get sent off, you will instantly gain 16 points to your tally for the week. The downside is that it requires a LOT of planning and you end up having a shit load of value sitting on your bench.

TC is the easier chip to use and assuming the obvious player playing the double easier games (Kane this week) gets a couple of goals and BPS, you're looking at a similar points return to bench boost.

It just depends on your setup when you are deciding which to use.

However, most people bench boost on double gameweek players and these players end up getting rested. Like Ings yesterday. It ALWAYS happens :lol:

Tarrou

I think I'll BB with just one DGWer but all four guaranteed to start. Don't think I'll get a better opportunity this season as I don't have a WC left to setup for it

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
If I manage my transfer properly, I can easily get to 9 without taking a hit. Will most likely take a hit to get to 10.

That's enough for me. Had Grealish not gotten injured, I would have had 11.
I can get to 10 with no hits but 2 are gk's so 9 really.

I don't think I fancy a hit either as a) it would only be removing a player I'd want back and b) the fixtures all look pretty 50/50 to me

In fact I might even make my last transfer something like Rashford > Trossard for a one week punt and put the arm band on him because why not.

My team would be...

Martinez (Areola), Cresswell, Bellerin, Trossard, Raphinha, Son, Kane, Watkins, Bamford.

Would be keeping Dias, Cancelo, Digne, Gundogan and Bruno as well. Only tempted to lose Digne from that lot but Everton have Burnley and Palace sandwiched either side of 29 and of course that double to be rearraged.

Edit: If Grealish is back for 29 I'll get him in for Rashy. Finally scratches that itch as well.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Top of my league is within a single point now after me forgetting to double up on Leeds last week, could really do with a bit of advice.

My team at the moment is this

Pope
Dier, Dias, Stones,
Salah, Bruno, Rashford, Gundogan, Soucek
DCL, Bamford,

Foster, Mitchell, Coufal, McGoldrick.

I have my BB and WC with 1.1 million left.

I'm maybe looking at playing it safe, swapping McGoldrick for Watkins who has 2 nice games against Leeds and Sheffield, but I'm not totally against taking a -4 if someone has a good idea.
I'm nowhere near top of the caf table, (bang in the middle actually)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Don’t have Kane. But I have Son.

Would you guys Triple Captain? I’ve already used a -4 transfer this gameweek already.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Anyone ever have the same team as the FPL Scout?

I've got 10/11 this week. Only difference is I have Rashford where they have Lookman. I should be concerned shouldn't I?

Nickosaur

I have 7/11. I could bring in Watkins for Bamford quite easily and make that 8.
Digne looks a great shout but I can't fit him in, plus he won't play in BGW29.

saivet

I was planning to make my transfers with GW29 in mind, but with Maddison out and a DGW for many players, it would seem crazy to take him out Saka who just has Leicester away.

My current squad is:

Martinez
Lowton, Shaw, Cancelo
Maddison, Salah, Bruno (TC), Son
Bamford, DCL, Watkins​
Bench: Meslier, Dallas, Soucek

I have £8.8m in the bank if I take out Maddison. Any recommendations, I've thought about Gundogan, Barnes or Foden? I could even bring in Lookman as Fulham have a double with Palace and Spurs.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Watkins without Grealish worth it? I think he can be with those fixtures, but there might be better options.

Thinking Diagne or Maja? Also midfield options like Traore, Pereira, Lookman, Mount? Or an extra defender like Stones/Dias, Shaw/AWB/Maguire, Alonso?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Bb can secure bigger spoils if you plan it superbly.

In my 143 benchboost about 30 came from the bench just from 3 players, two with doubles.

You'd imagine 4 players with doubles could smash that.

Take a tc, say kane scores and is man of match in both games that'd be 18x3. So only an 18 point gain from captain.

Just your 4 bench players playing twice would be 16 points as a comparison.
To me, BB looked obvious but I guess that's because I've moulded my team over the last few weeks to get to this point (13 DGWers). I was just curious as to what I'd missed that meant TC was an option. In my case, nothing.
People overthink the chips. Both chips are very similar in that you want around 15-18 points from them.

Bench boost is the safer option (in a DGW) if you have playing subs. If each one just turned up and didn't get sent off, you will instantly gain 16 points to your tally for the week. The downside is that it requires a LOT of planning and you end up having a shit load of value sitting on your bench.
Mine will be Pickford, Ayling, Lowton, Bamford. Didn't cost much and two have DGWs (though not great in Lowtons case).

#BB4ever

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Everton v Burnley has been moved from Sunday to Saturday in gw28.

Villa play Newcastle on the Friday.

Looks like they could be planning to arrange their game for that following mid week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For those asking about Watkins without Grealish, it's straight forward.

If you've already got him - keep him.
If you haven't - look elsewhere!

Paul_Scholes18

For those asking about Watkins without Grealish, it's straight forward.

If you've already got him - keep him.
If you haven't - look elsewhere!
What about free hit. I got him in my normal team as well.

I quite like him, but he is not an amazing player by any means.

One player I am considering is Zinchencho for a Pep differential, but trying to predict Pep is hard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What about free hit. I got him in my normal team as well.

I quite like him, but he is not an amazing player by any means.

One player I am considering is Zinchencho for a Pep differential, but trying to predict Pep is hard.
He's probably the most frustrating player in the game, even more so than Bamford I think.

People keep saying how "Brilliant" he is, and does this and that, but can go super anonymous for halves, and finds all manner of ways to miss chances.
Having Grealish the absolute magician is his top trump, so it really is all on how long he's out.

If i were on a free hit this week, i'd probably try and wrestle in Kane, DCL and a super star big 5 in mid to be honest.

Paul_Scholes18

He's probably the most frustrating player in the game, even more so than Bamford I think.

People keep saying how "Brilliant" he is, and does this and that, but can go super anonymous for halves, and finds all manner of ways to miss chances.
Having Grealish the absolute magician is his top trump, so it really is all on how long he's out.

If i were on a free hit this week, i'd probably try and wrestle in Kane, DCL and a super star big 5 in mid to be honest.
I could try downgrading to free up money for Rashford, but I think Bruno (captain) and Rashford is a bit too much from us.
I also think Son and Kane is too much given Spurs form. Can't afford KDB or Sterling and the rotation might still be big for them.

James Rodriguez feels risky with how little he have played recently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On a free hit shall I go without any City at all or punt on KDB/Zinchencho/Stones?
Gundo is your way to facilitate the Bruno/Salah/Kane types elsewhere.

As a lot will have triple City, the risk is the same for most people I suppose.

Sterling is the one I fear a bit, as who would keep him out? Foden perhaps, but then he starts tonight too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Big question for me this week, is -4 for Grealish to Barnes, or just play single gamer Raphina.

Could easily see him getting a 6point minimum, meaning Barnes has to get into double figures to even equal it, let alone make profit.

I suppose it's a case of if Grealish isn't out for long he's worth keeping on the bench, and then utilise their next double.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Big question for me this week, is -4 for Grealish to Barnes, or just play single gamer Raphina.

Could easily see him getting a 6point minimum, meaning Barnes has to get into double figures to even equal it, let alone make profit.

I suppose it's a case of if Grealish isn't out for long he's worth keeping on the bench, and then utilise their next double.
In your shoes I'd probably stick with Raphinha. Who's your other transfer?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In your shoes I'd probably stick with Raphinha. Who's your other transfer?
Ings to Kane. Then consider a triple captain on him.

Would leave 10 double gamers, including the big boys Bruno, Salah, Kane. Triple City, so pending the Pep roulette. Also Dier for Tottenham, who some say isn't nailed, but he's started about 9 out of 10.

GledTheRed

Every one of my outfield players has two games and i have Martinez (x2)and three Leeds FPL legends on the bench.

Played BB earlier in the season and got five points, probably the lowest total i have had on the bench all season.