Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Duafc

Village Lemon
Anyone without WC or FH making any plans for GW29?

I think I’ll have about 6 playing atm, could sub in 2/3 more over the next few weeks and maybe take hits for 11 but the fixtures are so wank, and the teams not ones I want long term I’m thinking of just tanking the week.

Nickosaur

I think I’ll have about 6 playing atm, could sub in 2/3 more over the next few weeks and maybe take hits for 11 but the fixtures are so wank, and the teams not ones I want long term I’m thinking of just tanking the week.
Yes, it's been part of my planning for a while now. One of the reasons I'm not bench boosting this week is so I can keep some Leeds/WHU assets for BGW29. I can get a full starting 11 players using just FTs.
I'll then play WC in gw31, and probably bench boost in gw32.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Yes, it's been part of my planning for a while now. One of the reasons I'm not bench boosting this week is so I can keep some Leeds/WHU assets for BGW29. I can get a full starting 11 players using just FTs.
I'll then play WC in gw31, and probably bench boost in gw32.
Definitely makes sense with the WC week after.

I’ve splurged my chips this year so I really don’t want to bring in players I’m gonna be stuck with for 3/4 GWs after and likely drop some value.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

It's really not worth damaging your team in the weeks around it for those fixtures imo. I'm lucky enough to have a FH so can just keep one eye on it and decide nearer the time. I've already said I'm loathe to use my FH on it though.

I guess because I'm still carrying a strong bench from my BB I can start downgrading them into Fulham, Brighton dross that I'd be happy to have sit there most weeks.

Duafc

Village Lemon
It's really not worth damaging your team in the weeks around it for those fixtures imo. I'm lucky enough to have a FH so can just keep one eye on it and decide nearer the time. I've already said I'm loathe to use my FH on it though.

I guess because I'm still carrying a strong bench from my BB I can start downgrading them into Fulham, Brighton dross that I'd be happy to have sit there most weeks.
Yeah I might do Salah to Auba and bring Cresswell back who is a strong addition regardless, but the rest are really dire. Can’t see too many hauling that game week on a FH, WC or whatever else.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bruno starting tonight is a strange one.
Last 32 round, 4-0 up from the away leg, and Chelsea away on Sunday.

He best not play 90!

Nickosaur

Bruno starting tonight is a strange one.
Last 32 round, 4-0 up from the away leg, and Chelsea away on Sunday.

He best not play 90!
Makes no sense to me. But he should come off at 60 mins at least... unless Sociedad are 3-0 up :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Makes no sense to me. But he should come off at 60 mins at least... unless Sociedad are 3-0 up :lol:
I suppose it's the unfortunate timing that Pogba, McTom, and somehow Van Beek have managed to get injured at the same time, and there's no way round it.

Neo_Mufc

I need a defender. What do people think about Pereira he was playing in mid last game. Worth a shot?

Last edited:

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
And that's exactly why I won't be triple captaining a City player.
Only de Bruyne could be a captaincy option from City. I’m definitely not going to risk Sterling though. Think I’ll go Bruno. Could go DCL but too risky since I’m top in my mini leagues.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Only de Bruyne could be a captaincy option from City. I’m definitely not going to risk Sterling though. Think I’ll go Bruno. Could go DCL but too risky since I’m top in my mini leagues.
Wouldn't even trust him tbh. Just come back from injury, City miles ahead in the league and playing arguably even better without him.

The only reason for him to be playing games that close together is for match fitness.

Patchbeard

Is it worth swapping Maddison for Barnes for a -4? My recent experience of hanging on to DCL when he was doubtful for a DGW and then didn't play is swaying me towards making the change.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Dier vs Targett vs Aina? Have 10 DGW players right now (Grealish included so basically 9). Planned to BB until he got injured. Planning to go Antonio -> DCL, Cresswell -> Dier/Targett/Aina. (Have to do both to make finances work).
Need a player that has dgw + plays 29 so I can get 8+ players playing.

Paul_Scholes18

Shaw vs City defender? I like Shaw, but also do not trust us against Palace. Chelsea feels like low scoring though.

Still with the rotation I am not sold on City defenders for this week, but if anyone plays 2 games he might be worth it over Shaw.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is it weird of me to captain Ruben Dias? Should I be doing Sterling/Foden?

I also have Bruno/Rashford/DCL

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Don't do me like that breh. I've stuck with Shaw but Spurs fixtures are a bit decent compared with Utd, Chelsea etc.
:lol:

Only joshing. You crack on if you fancy a few clean sheets from him in this run. Just don't expect much more. I even contemplated him myself at the start of the season but he's just so boring. I like my defenders to have a bit of attacking threat so you've got something to cling onto other than the clean sheet.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Is it weird of me to captain Ruben Dias? Should I be doing Sterling/Foden?

I also have Bruno/Rashford/DCL
I think so yes. Of all the City defenders he's probably most likely to play twice but low upside for a captain even if he does. Surely Bruno and DCL are better shouts.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I think I should get Digne, but I also feel like there are surely better (non-City) options.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Should I triple captain this week or wait until gameweek 29 when I will have 3 Leeds players (Bamford, Raphinha and Dallas) to choose from?