Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone thinking about selling Bruno for the next 3?

I need Son for the blank I think so it is a question when I either sell Salah or Bruno to get him.

Last time we played City I actually sold Bruno for Salah, but when wanted Bruno back straight after anyway.

I think there is a risk I want that this time too so I am going to waste transfers to move between the premiums I guess.

I could go with Rashford and afford Son, Kane and Salah though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck, lost my Lowton and Martinez cleans at the same time :lol:

Luckily I was not expecting anything from Lowton and everyone has Martinez so no big deal.

Just need Watkins to keep missing chances.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In hindsight, picking Pope over Mendy was utterly insane.
But I had seen enough people leave Pope 10 pointers on their bench to not do the same.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
feck, lost my Lowton and Martinez cleans at the same time :lol:

Luckily I was not expecting anything from Lowton and everyone has Martinez so no big deal.

Just need Watkins to keep missing chances.
Ditto (apart from the Watkins bit).

First run of fixtures this week was great (77)... since then, toss (12). Need a good United, Spurs and Chelsea performance

Paul_Scholes18

58 points. Long way up to a 100.

Need something big from Bruno before I sell him, but knowing fantasy he will miss a pen today.
Then score a pen vs City in a 1-2 defeat.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not really, he has another double coming maybe? a -4 is only a waste if it doesnt benefit you for multiple games
I am projecting a bit but DCL has Chelsea after this week whereas Antonio has Leeds. So unless that double definitely presents itself, it's not looking great...

Leonzo1

55 (-8), So 47 points from 23 players. Unbelievable. A double gameweek with a bench boost And I am plummetting like a stone. Nightmare.

Paul_Scholes18

I am bad luck for us when I captain Bruno. We always disappoints or drop points when I captain him and not many points either for Bruno in those games.

Hopefully selling him will bring him into form ;) and see us beat City.

I know in reality I have no effect, but it is funny how these things work. We have 0 wins with me having Bruno captain so far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dreadful night of games.
At least Shaw just about kept his cleany there!

Saw off the threat of a rival triple captaining Bruno though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am bad luck for us when I captain Bruno. We always disappoints or drop points when I captain him and not many points either for Bruno in those games.

Hopefully selling him will bring him into form ;) and see us beat City.

I know in reality I have no effect, but it is funny how these things work. We have 0 wins with me having Bruno captain so far.
Easy to say now, but I never did fancy it from his games.
We've not been good, we're not much of an attack in the big games, so Chelsea away was a major turn off.

He should have had that pen though.

Dan_F

Dreadful night of games.
At least Shaw just about kept his cleany there!

Saw off the threat of a rival triple captaining Bruno though.
Same. Kane scoring a few tomorrow would leave me very confident in my mini league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same. Kane scoring a few tomorrow would leave me very confident in my mini league.
If Kane scores well tomorrow, it'll be huge.
Just another goal without bonus, as treble captain is a real game changer. Anything beyond that could really smash things.

Paul_Scholes18

Easy to say now, but I never did fancy it from his games.
We've not been good, we're not much of an attack in the big games, so Chelsea away was a major turn off.

He should have had that pen though.
I thought we would go for it more vs Chelsea. We pressed them though, but did not create much.

The other captain I did fancy was Barnes so glad I did not pick him.

Kanes form since back from injury put me off, but you know he is always a good option. Against weaker teams he often score too even if they play a defensive style.

ROFLUTION

Argh. Shaw getting 0 bps really is annoying. Created two nice chances for James and Rashford that could have lead to goals + numerous balls into the center in dangerous positions in first half.

Maguire on the other hand = 2 bps. How do they come up with the bps?

Tarrou

I somehow managed to nail the last couple of GWs with the WC/BB. Suddenly in front of the guy I've been chasing who was over 100 points head a month ago, and has copied every transfer I've done the entire time :lol:

Macedonian Red

Not greatest second half of the DGW. Still green arrow and jump to third in my country and 2 464 overall.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Need Son to go wild (triple captain) and for Kane to have a quiet one.

I think I'll get rid of Bruno this week to bring in a GW29 player - maybe Aubameyang if he's fit. Otherwise, only real option is Bale.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
With KdB back is Gundogan going to play deeper so less attacking threat? Also not on pens anymore so is he still vital

Vaguely considering Foden for the upcoming DGW instead

Argh. Shaw getting 0 bps really is annoying. Created two nice chances for James and Rashford that could have lead to goals + numerous balls into the center in dangerous positions in first half.

Maguire on the other hand = 2 bps. How do they come up with the bps?
Looking at this, guessing tackles, blocks and interceptions (maybe put in to balance out opportunities FBs get from attacking/crosses?)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/106533
Not greatest second half of the DGW. Still green arrow and jump to third in my country and 2 464 overall.
Can you screenshot your team? I know a lot of us have quite a few similar players now, interested to see what ones you've got that have made such a difference. Ta
Need Son to go wild (triple captain) and for Kane to have a quiet one.

I think I'll get rid of Bruno this week to bring in a GW29 player - maybe Aubameyang if he's fit. Otherwise, only real option is Bale.
I've got Son and Kane and I hope Son has a good match. Conflicted on Kane even though I've captained him as 2 of the 3 teams above me have TCed him meaning the more he gets me, the further away they go?! (though I might gain in overall rankings)

Macedonian Red

Looking at this, guessing tackles, blocks and interceptions (maybe put in to balance out opportunities FBs get from attacking/crosses?)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/106533

Can you screenshot your team? I know a lot of us have quite a few similar players now, interested to see what ones you've got that have made such a difference. Ta

I've got Son and Kane and I hope Son has a good match. Conflicted on Kane even though I've captained him as 2 of the 3 teams above me have TCed him meaning the more he gets me, the further away they go?! (though I might gain in overall rankings)
Martinez Ederson

Dias Shaw Digne Target Aina
Bruno Rashy Son Barnes Gundogan
Kane C Watkins Bamford

BB played.

Patchbeard

I’m on bench boost though. It doesn’t feel that good. It’s the biggest double gameweek there’s ever been apparently. I wanted more!
No one has done great though unless they somehow had Bale triple captained. In my work league the top 14 players all have a score between 64-86 and that's with quite a few TC's or BB's. So it's a very consistently average week all round considering the number of games, so 97 is pretty feckin good considering.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No one has done great though unless they somehow had Bale triple captained. In my work league the top 14 players all have a score between 64-86 and that's with quite a few TC's or BB's. So it's a very consistently average week all round considering the number of games, so 97 is pretty feckin good considering.
Ah ok that’s made me feel a bit better about it. I think it’s because there’s a few with a similar score to me in my main ML

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ah ok that’s made me feel a bit better about it. I think it’s because there’s a few with a similar score to me in my main ML
Yeah we all went in thinking 150+ points with this being the biggest DGW ever... However, City ended up with single game week and Bruno did nothing, Barnes got injured, DCL blank etc.

Martinez Ederson

Dias Shaw Digne Target Aina
Bruno Rashy Son Barnes Gundogan
Kane C Watkins Bamford

BB played.
Interesting.

Same goalie and identical midfield and forwards (all 8). I played BB too and have Stones.

Yet you're miles further up in the rankings?

Edit. Probably to do with me not taking it seriously until December...

Bad Deadpool
Good Deadpool

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Love a good humble brag.

I'm quite happy on 88. Certainly got closer to the top of my cash mini league. Only Kane and Dias scoring for me.

If Kane bags again tonight with the TC on him that's a great week as far as I'm concerned.

Who shall I bin Rashford off for is the next question? Was gonna bin Mee this week but I'll be playing Cresswell, Dias and Cancelo so that seems less urgent.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Love a good humble brag.

I'm quite happy on 88. Certainly got closer to the top of my cash mini league. Only Kane and Dias scoring for me.

If Kane bags again tonight with the TC on him that's a great week as far as I'm concerned.

Who shall I bin Rashford off for is the next question? Was gonna bin Mee this week but I'll be playing Cresswell, Dias and Cancelo so that seems less urgent.
If it's a short term punt, Soucek could be a good shout as he is playing Leeds, who tend to struggle against set pieces?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
If it's a short term punt, Soucek could be a good shout as he is playing Leeds, who tend to struggle against set pieces?
Oh man I can't go back there again. Like going back to an ex who constantly cheated on you.

If I'm going West Ham it'll be Messi Lingard or nobody. (I know he doesn't play in 28).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Oh man I can't go back there again. Like going back to an ex who constantly cheated on you.

If I'm going West Ham it'll be Messi Lingard or nobody. (I know he doesn't play in 28).
Haha JLingz is a good shout too. The only issue with West Ham is that after the Leeds game, their fixtures aren't great so you are literally hoping they do something in that match.

Leeds tend to tighten up a bit after a loss and they just lost recently so it might not be as free-flowing as we think. I hope so anyway as I have swapped Antonio for DCL and don't have a transfer to luxuriously use up on a one week punt.

Moby

Dick
It's honestly been pathetic. On a BB with 14 doubles. Barnes injury and Stones and Alonso not playing second game made it worse but still after racing to 60-70 odd after first few games I've been limping my way and barely touching 100 right now.

Kane captain, DCL, Salah and Alonso left now. The two strikers going berserk would help.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm on 77 with Kane (TC), Son, DCL and Salah to play. Can I get to 100? I'm hoping so but I won't be surprised when Fulham win 1-0 and DCL is benched whilst Salah gets another massive 2 pointer, taking me up to 87 :lol: