Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

This day is too good really. We won 3-1 and for me without any of our player it still barely hurt my rank at all.

Greenwood or Bruno in though. We are playing very well so I want a good captain vs Leeds.

Probably do Son to Bruno, but Jota to Greenwood is tempting too and allow me to get TAA for Dias.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This day is too good really. We won 3-1 and for me without any of our player it still barely hurt my rank at all.

Greenwood or Bruno in though. We are playing very well so I want a good captain vs Leeds.

Probably do Son to Bruno, but Jota to Greenwood is tempting too and allow me to get TAA for Dias.
Please just put Bruno in pal. You must have made 50-60 posts about it recently. I can't take your agonizing about it :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Please just put Bruno in pal. You must have made 50-60 posts about it recently. I can't take your agonizing about it :lol:
Haha sorry. I might do a nice -8. Jota, Son, Dias out. TAA, greenwood, Bruno in.

How is your wildcard going? You picked Wolves def I imagine? Shaw, Bruno unlucky and Kane, Son of course.

Nickosaur

Greenwood really tempting - a midfielder at 7.0m. Did consider him in my wildcard team (no really - i did predict he would start returning soon :lol:) but couldn't fit him in. Went for Neto and Alonso instead which has failed spectacularly!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haha sorry. I might do a nice -8. Jota, Son, Dias out. TAA, greenwood, Bruno in.

How is your wildcard going? You picked Wolves def I imagine?
Just joshing. Especially the way I bore on :wenger:

I'd strongly weigh up Greenwood. I bottled that, but it's definitely an interesting one as Bruno has dried up massively.

Wildcard is all about the big Liverpool 3 getting hauls really, and rivals Chelsea/City players not starting or blanking.

Lingard and Coady the only real successes so far (everyone has Kane)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Greenwood really tempting - a midfielder at 7.0m. Did consider him in my wildcard team (no really - i did predict he would start returning soon :lol:) but couldn't fit him in. Went for Neto and Alonso instead which has failed spectacularly!
I played percentages and kept Bruno in, but did weigh it up.
Always the risk he's just totally left out for the likes of James though. That put me off. That and the fact that he'd only scored about 2 in the league before today!

Paul_Scholes18

Just joshing. Especially the way I bore on :wenger:

I'd strongly weigh up Greenwood. I bottled that, but it's definitely an interesting one as Bruno has dried up massively.

Wildcard is all about the big Liverpool 3 getting hauls really, and rivals Chelsea/City players not starting or blanking.

Lingard and Coady the only real successes so far (everyone has Kane)
Yeah Greenwood looking fresh and his shooting is quality. Him and Lingard not playing for us might make them the most fresh and hot players right now.

I think Greenwood can still be rotated with Cavani and Rashford playing, but I expect him to be in the first 11 more often than not.

Paul_Scholes18

Is it worth doubling on our midfield, Bruno and Greenwood? Would have to sacrifice Jota.
I think it is worth it. Jota might get dropped, but Greenwood not fully nailed either.

I think we will beat Liverpool so that game I rather have our players. Personally benching Jota for that game.

A hit for it maybe not worth it though since Jota still got nice fixtures.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think the more pressing situation, unless you have a FH or wildcard left, is how the doubles pan out.

I'm going to make all my future transfers double game week minded, unless injury rucks something else up.

Paul_Scholes18

Think the more pressing situation, unless you have a FH or wildcard left, is how the doubles pan out.

I'm going to make all my future transfers double game week minded, unless injury rucks something else up.
Is it the Fa cup finalists plus other teams?

Since they also blank you can't load up on too many double picks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it the Fa cup finalists plus other teams? Since they also blank you can't load up on too many double picks.
Is it the Fa cup finalists plus other teams?

Since they also blank you can't load up on too many double picks.

It'll certainly be a challenging one, especially if they drop both Chelsea & Leicester doubles in with Everton and Villa doubles.
Chelsea shouldn't be too much of an issue, as with their doubles falling between euro semis they're probably not a great fodder.

Probably key to monitor Villa/Everton form.

Plan is to get through week 33 without a transfer, on my skimpy 11man team, and then have flex to use 3 free transfers before 35 once it's all panned out.

Paul_Scholes18

It'll certainly be a challenging one, especially if they drop both Chelsea & Leicester doubles in with Everton and Villa doubles.
Chelsea shouldn't be too much of an issue, as with their doubles falling between euro semis they're probably not a great fodder.

Probably key to monitor Villa/Everton form.

Plan is to get through week 33 without a transfer, on my skimpy 11man team, and then have flex to use 3 free transfers before 35 once it's all panned out.
I might buy Siggy for that double. Martinez, Watkins already and Iheanacho. Kane to DCL probably not worth it. Digne maybe worth a punt.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Garbage looking doubles. Certainly not worth tearing up a team for imo. I'll likely have 7 doublers plus the likes of Kane, Son, Lingard, Jota...

I will actually bin Alonso that week as well and bring in someone like PVA who's more likely to play both and return something.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My plan now is FH33, roll in 34, PVA in for Alonso in 35, Salah and DCL in for Bruno and Vardy in 36, TAA in for Digne in 37, Bamford in for DCL in 38.

Arm band on Salah in 33, 36, 37, 38.

Arm band on Kane in 34.

Arm band on Bruno or one of the Leicester strikers in 35.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Damn, Salah benched.
Always going to happen occasionally as 4 don't go into 3, and Klopp doesn't very often start with all 4.

Annoying against this defence though.

People with Phillips must be annoyed, not even in the 18.

Paul_Scholes18

So 3 players out haha. I think it gives me a reason not to watch. Phillips probably injured. Raphinha I knew might miss the game, but I wanted to keep.

So I could be down to 8 players if Salah stays on the bench and we see Pep doing his normal thing with rotation.

At best 11 players if everyone plays and Salah comes on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So 3 players out haha. I think it gives me a reason not to watch. Phillips probably injured. Raphinha I knew might miss the game, but I wanted to keep.

So I could be down to 8 players if Salah stays on the bench and we see Pep doing his normal thing with rotation.

At best 11 players if everyone plays and Salah comes on.
Am sure Salah will come on, but this was the one we wanted him to start.
When my biggest rival had De Bruyne not starting midweek, and no LIverpool too, doh.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
An awkward watch that one, with 3 Liverpool players!

TAA looks to still be coming out of it with 8 points which is a good result, but obviously could have been a real nice double digit.

8 for TAA, 3 for Jota, 1 for Salah. Not great overall, so have to hope Chelsea/City rivals all blank/don't play now!!

Could have been worse. Bamford hit the bar, and the Ox had a great chance last minute or so. Liverpool winning and not benefiting from the points would have been dreadful :)

Paul_Scholes18

I need a miracle to get 10 starters. Was having 18 effective games this round and might be down to much lower number now. If Kane plays I would happily take having 10 men for him playing.

If I took that hit for Shaw I would have lost -2 points, but had Shaw moving forward.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I need a miracle to get 10 starters. Was having 18 effective games this round and might be down to much lower number now. If Kane plays I would happily take having 10 men for him playing.

If I took that hit for Shaw I would have lost -2 points, but had Shaw moving forward.
18? Triple cap Kane, Son and a bench boost?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
41 with Dias, Alonso, Reguillon, Son, Vardy, Nacho, Kane left. Should be above the average with Salah and Bruno blanking.

Worry now is how will teams react in GW33 with all this ESL nonsense. I'm hoping my Free Hit nets me an additional 20+ points largely dependant on Salah I guess.

Nickosaur

48 with Schmeichel, Alonso, Rudiger, Son, Kane, Iheanacho. Expect (hoping?) one of the Chelsea defenders to not play, which means I get Coady's 7 points from the bench.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
41 with Dias, Alonso, Reguillon, Son, Vardy, Nacho, Kane left. Should be above the average with Salah and Bruno blanking.

Worry now is how will teams react in GW33 with all this ESL nonsense. I'm hoping my Free Hit nets me an additional 20+ points largely dependant on Salah I guess.
At least his benching yesterday means he's a strong captain choice home v Newcastle.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah has to be the #1 pick this week. Needs to catch Kane for the golden boot.
Even in that short cameo yesterday he still missed one big chance, so he'll have a role to play.

I'm interested in a big rival's next move.
He has 3 City and 2 Spurs.

I'm hoping he does his wildcard, as the power move is to do it in week 34 and BB his way through 35.

Unfortunately his very obvious move is KDB to Salah, as he's somehow got 1.1m in the bank despite upgrading Raphina to Son this week.
So he'll probably just do KDB to Salah, and maybe a City defender to someone for -4.

My only saving grace is having about a 30 point lead (presuming his 3 defenders score enough this next 2 days mean I don't have any advantage this week), and that the doubles don't look too "Obvious" as they're either in between champions league games for the likes of Chelsea, or teams have hard games for at least one of the fixtures.

Last edited: