Fantasy Premier League 20/21

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Even in that short cameo yesterday he still missed one big chance, so he'll have a role to play.

I'm interested in a big rival's next move.
He has 3 City and 2 Spurs.

I'm hoping he does his wildcard, as the power move is to do it in week 34 and BB his way through 35.

He might do a -4, and get Salah in, but he'd have to ship Bruno or Son.
The latter of whom has Sheff Utd at home straight after.

Also, his -4 would have to be taking out 2 of his 5 Tott & Spurs players to get 11 too.
Surely has to wildcard? I'd bench Kane and bin off all the rest.

What 3 Liverpool players would you get in on Free Hit this week? Surely Salah, TAA, Jota although could be Jota's turn for a benching. That said Newcastle are so poor could play all the big 4 up front in that game. Not like I won't have a ridiculous bench to cover anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely has to wildcard? I'd bench Kane and bin off all the rest.

What 3 Liverpool players would you get in on Free Hit this week? Surely Salah, TAA, Jota although could be Jota's turn for a benching. That said Newcastle are so poor could play all the big 4 up front in that game. Not like I won't have a ridiculous bench to cover anyway.
I edited my post a bit as I was musing on it.
He has no Liverpool - so if he wildcarded that could be his move.

But with his team value and ITB, I think he could just do KDB to Salah for free and play 10, or change a City defender to a player with decent games for -4. Probably better bets than a wildcard, unless he really wants to get on Liverpool.

Salah, Jota, TAA is the on paper three to have. Mane could have re-awakened though, but Salah will 90% of the time be a better bet for his pens and greater goal output.
Jota gets in merely on price.

He's a menace, but very frustrating. But you can see he'll get goals, and probably the best of the 4 for coming on and scoring.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I edited my post a bit as I was musing on it.
He has no Liverpool - so if he wildcarded that could be his move.

But with his team value and ITB, I think he could just do KDB to Salah for free and play 10, or change a City defender to a player with decent games for -4. Probably better bets than a wildcard, unless he really wants to get on Liverpool.

Salah, Jota, TAA is the on paper three to have. Mane could have re-awakened though, but Salah will 90% of the time be a better bet for his pens and greater goal output.
Jota gets in merely on price.

He's a menace, but very frustrating. But you can see he'll get goals, and probably the best of the 4 for coming on and scoring.
Yeah agreed. I half want to go the old school trio of Salah, Mane and TAA just because I can though. Mane has been awful this season though by and large.

Not sure what your rival is still holding onto his wildcard for either! Not many weeks left now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah agreed. I half want to go the old school trio of Salah, Mane and TAA just because I can though. Mane has been awful this season though by and large.

Not sure what your rival is still holding onto his wildcard for either! Not many weeks left now.
If he does it in week 34, and as expected there's doubles for Chelsea/Leicester, Villa, Everton and a couple of others, he could potentially BB off 15 players with doubles. That's the doom scenario.

However, in reality, with some of those teams not having a week 36 fixture, some having other cups rotating, and some having one of their games against a big team, then perhaps it won't be too bad as long as I cover the big threats.

Paul_Scholes18

Shit 9 players. This is the second biggest defensive problem I have had. Although this time I thought I had it covered well enough.

I should have gone for more nailed picks from smaller teams.

If you have 7 players for next week how many hits would people take? -8 or -12?

It feels a bit silly selling Son for a -4 when he got good fixtures and should be nailed.

Dan_F

No Mendy? Is Tuchel feeling okay? It’s taken one gameweek for my wildcard to go from a really strong squad, to absolute shit. Flags all over the place, rotation risks that I didn’t really see coming.

I’m so over this year :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Chelsea defense have been my biggest mistake. Haven't caught a single clean sheet of theirs. Now Mendy out ffs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mendy would have really screwed me pre wildcard as I had Pope as well :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Chelsea defense have been my biggest mistake. Haven't caught a single clean sheet of theirs. Now Mendy out ffs.
Yeah same for me with Azpi. We both thought we got something nailed on even for the easier games when rotation could happen.

My biggest error have been Azpi and Dias over Shaw and TAA. It was only based on trying to get a nailed way into clean sheet from the strongest defensive teams, but if both gets rotated and offer little in attack it is a huge waste of funds.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah same for me with Azpi. We both thought we got something nailed on even for the easier games when rotation could happen.

My biggest error have been Azpi and Dias over Shaw and TAA. It was only based on trying to get a nailed way into clean sheet from the strongest defensive teams, but if both gets rotated and offer little in attack it is a huge waste of funds.
Gonna swap Mendy back to Martinez. Should never have left. I feel like one of the teams that betrayed and went for super League :lol:

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Right lads what's my best move here.

Remaining chips - bench boost, wildcard
Money spare - 2.9 mil

Squad:

MartineZ - 5.1
Pope - 5.5
Veltman - 4.3
Dallas - 4.8
Dias - 5.9
Fofana - 5.0
Phillips - 4.0
Lingard - 6.3
Son - 9.3
Fernandes - 11.0
Lucas Moura - 6.6
Traore (villa) - 5.8
DCL - 7.4
Kane - 11.4
Bamford - 6.5

RedDevil@84

I had Leno and he didn't play. So I thought. No big deal. Mendy from bench then. I have Azpi too.

But then, what a week. Holding 2 pointer coming in

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Gonna swap Mendy back to Martinez. Should never have left. I feel like one of the teams that betrayed and went for super League :lol:
"The Redcafe Fantasy Football Martinez lovein group is delighted with Dirty Schweins change of heart and welcomes him back and hopes to continue constructive discussions about a better future."

Nickosaur

Alonso and Rudiger cleansheets, Chelsea didn't win, Brighton 1 more point closer to safety. Dream scenario.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Right lads what's my best move here.

Remaining chips - bench boost, wildcard
Money spare - 2.9 mil

Squad:

MartineZ - 5.1
Pope - 5.5
Veltman - 4.3
Dallas - 4.8
Dias - 5.9
Fofana - 5.0
Phillips - 4.0
Lingard - 6.3
Son - 9.3
Fernandes - 11.0
Lucas Moura - 6.6
Traore (villa) - 5.8
DCL - 7.4
Kane - 11.4
Bamford - 6.5
Keep an eye on Ben Crellin on Twitter about the double game weeks (34?).

Wildcard week before, bench boost in double game week.

Paul_Scholes18

I needed any player to miss out for my Coady points. All my cnut team play. Except Mendy :mad:
Aaah annoying. Typical using a wildcard to build a strong squad.

My squad is a complete mess right now.

I have only myself to blame for being a bit stupid. I wasted a transfer to sell Dallas which has messed me up.

Selling TAA as well was decent in theory cause I needed the money, but then TAA finally starts getting attacking returns and full bonus every game.

Paul_Scholes18

It is crazy how much that one Salah point helps me by stopping points for rivals from the bench.

I am one of the few who would not get a single point from the bench.

Sadly Azpilicueta did not come on for another big extra point, but most got Rudiger anyway so would not have helped as much.

Paul_Scholes18

36 points for TC Kane. 13 points from the next 6 :mad: :(
9 of my players got a total of 16 points so far and it is 8 with 9 points if you do not include Lingard that everyone got. Lloris and Son with a chance to bounce back and get me some more points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
White getting sent off late was lovely as i suspect a rival gets them in as third sub. Having triple City defence.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Girl who was 2nd and now 3rd in my league has a difficult week 33

She has 5 Spurs/Tott, White suspended, DCL/Raphina doubtful

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Girl who was 2nd and now 3rd in my league has a difficult week 33

She has 5 Spurs/Tott, White suspended, DCL/Raphina doubtful
I only just noticed White was sent off after 90 minutes. Lovely stuff.

Guy 30 points behind me in the cash league has a defence of White, Cresswell, Dias, Mitchell and Coady for next week with 1 FT (no FH). He's also got Raphinha and Kane.

Should be a good chance to extend that lead by 20 points at least. I'll be extending it more this week as well if Kane is definitely out for Saints.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
White is my 2nd reserve. Raphinha didn't play, KDB is no certainty to play so I might be losing some points.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Both lucky and unlucky last night. No Mendy and Azpi, but Sanchez off the bench partnered with Dunk and Rudiger.

Looks like the TC will end in a damp squib without Kane tonight, but still a good week. Currently 29.2k > 14.1k. Son, Iheanacho

Kicking myself a bit at having gone for Salah after really being on the fence to taking a -4 for Rashford and TAA instead. TAA looks so important and it is much more difficult for me to get him now. I think I may gamble and ditch Kane if the outlook is foggy. DCL will have a double and that allows me to do Lascelles to TAA for a -4.

Paul_Scholes18

Both lucky and unlucky last night. No Mendy and Azpi, but Sanchez off the bench partnered with Dunk and Rudiger.

Looks like the TC will end in a damp squib without Kane tonight, but still a good week. Currently 29.2k > 14.1k. Son, Iheanacho

Kicking myself a bit at having gone for Salah after really being on the fence to taking a -4 for Rashford and TAA instead. TAA looks so important and it is much more difficult for me to get him now. I think I may gamble and ditch Kane if the outlook is foggy. DCL will have a double and that allows me to do Lascelles to TAA for a -4.
How do you feel about the TC? I feel it is disappointing overall, but I know it can be so much worse. With all the injuries in my team I am lucky Kane at least got a game and 2 goals.

Of course my other TC alternative would have been Gundogan who got 19 or Bamford with 8, but logically picking a Pep player is far too risky as TC.
Could have also been Bruno with 6, but I used free hit that week stupidly.

RedDevil@84

Salah 1
Mendy 0
Leno 0
Azpi 0
Holding (from bench) 2
Bruno 2
Shaw 2
Moura 1

Week being kept decent by captain Kane, Lingard and TAA.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
How do you feel about the TC? I feel it is disappointing overall, but I know it can be so much worse. With all the injuries in my team I am lucky Kane at least got a game and 2 goals.

Of course my other TC alternative would have been Gundogan who got 19 or Bamford with 8, but logically picking a Pep player is far too risky as TC.
Could have also been Bruno with 6, but I used free hit that week stupidly.
You'd have taken the points offered before the GW, but would have been disappointed with only one appearance. It is what it is.

Paul_Scholes18

Salah 1
Mendy 0
Leno 0
Azpi 0
Holding (from bench) 2
Bruno 2
Shaw 2
Moura 1

Week being kept decent by captain Kane, Lingard and TAA.
That is brutal and none of those players got any injuries. For two nailed on keepers to get rotated same week is tragic.

Paul_Scholes18

You'd have taken the points offered before the GW, but would have been disappointed with only one appearance. It is what it is.
I feel 12 with Kane is not that great. I think he averages around 7 points per game.
Thus when you have 2 "easier" games you hope for more.

I think one goal in each game and some bonus I thought I would get.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I feel 12 with Kane is not that great. I think he averages around 7 points per game.
Thus when you have 2 "easier" games you hope for more.

I think one goal in each game and some bonus I thought I would get.
Everton away isn't particularly an easy game is it?

People who TC should be delighted he hauled in that one!

I didn't TC, so I'm glad he's not in there to help the TC rival in my league get more points back.

Good job I'd not banked on Forster, as he's suddenly back on the bench.
No idea if it's rotation or he's back out for good now.

Schneiderman

Urgh, so much to the Son points. Gameweek is very slowly turning into a disaster.
Edit: Thank god, or should I say VAR.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And that's why you cover the big players who have doubles!

Son goes from 2 to 10 with that one kick :drool: