Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So with United v Liverpool likely not on this week looks like I've completely jammed out getting JWP in for Bruno. Will be on 50 with Lingard to play.

Also carried 2 transfers from last week so can attack the double. If the Liverpool v West Brom game goes there Salah definitely has to come in.

Can do...
A) Salah, Philips, Ward in for Son, Alonso and Dias
B) Salah, Shaw, DCL in for Son, Alonso, Vardy
C) Salah, Robertson, DCL in for Son, Dias, Kane

Plenty of options. I definitely want DCL in for 36 so makes sense to get him early but option A leaves me with more big hitters and finally a fodder worthy bench.
No Bruno for a double though, which is risky, but you can't have em all.

Taking Vardy out for a hit before a double looks a bit risky, even if he's not in old style form.

A looks lowest risk, but I think C looks highest reward, but depends on Kane being quiet at Leeds, who have been tight in bigger games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, I said I'd be bringing him in. Either the underperforming Sigurdsson or Maddison to make way
Ah fair does. Both of them having doubles seems a bit risky though.
Hopefully it's just the socials blackout that is stopping the new United v Pool date being confirmed. We could all do with hearing that!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck that postponed game fecked me hard. Missed 6 players with barely a worthy bench unless Vydra decides to get a few goals.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
No Bruno for a double though, which is risky, but you can't have em all.

Taking Vardy out for a hit before a double looks a bit risky, even if he's not in old style form.

A looks lowest risk, but I think C looks highest reward, but depends on Kane being quiet at Leeds, who have been tight in bigger games.
I've got Bruno as well :smirk:

Not sure I want to ride out the season without Kane as he's the player that could hurt me the most from nearby rivals, double or no doubles.

But you're right, A is the safe route and C is "let's have fun with it".

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I wonder if there is an argument to be had that Kane is less of a threat when Bale is in the team as well. Much like Salah he's quite a greedy player and Kane seems happy to drop deeper to accommodate him.

RedDevil@84

feck that postponed game fecked me hard. Missed 6 players with barely a worthy bench unless Vydra decides to get a few goals.
Currently on 18 pts

5 players from Pool-Utd game for me. With Azpi already on a 0 and Holding on bench coming in with another 0 (Both teams got clean sheets ffs).
I have Pereira/Lingard/Vydra left. If they don't do something drastic, I am in for the worst points ever.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ah fair does. Both of them having doubles seems a bit risky though.
Hopefully it's just the socials blackout that is stopping the new United v Pool date being confirmed. We could all do with hearing that!
I've no idea when the chat is of Utd v Liverpool being replayed but if it's not this week I'll probably leave the Salah transfer to the week after. This week would be 7 doublers, Trent, Jota, Bale and Kane.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've got Bruno as well :smirk:

Not sure I want to ride out the season without Kane as he's the player that could hurt me the most from nearby rivals, double or no doubles.

But you're right, A is the safe route and C is "let's have fun with it".
Ah I've misread you saying you had got JWP in for Bruno. Off the bench, as opposed to as a transfer.

3 of the top 5 in my league don't have Bruno. I can only imagine they'll have to take -4s to get him in, and have to sacrifice Son or Kane.

First thoughts for me are Son & Davies to either Jota/Greenwood & Watkins.
That would potentially give 10 players doubling with just Kane not.

Leaves 0.7m to do something with my pair of non playing keepers in week 36. Meslier leaps out at the moment with their last 3

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've no idea when the chat is of Utd v Liverpool being replayed but if it's not this week I'll probably leave the Salah transfer to the week after. This week would be 7 doublers, Trent, Jota, Bale and Kane.
Well it'll very likely be week 36, but that would mean Liverpool have a double of easy games in week 35.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Currently on 18 pts

5 players from Pool-Utd game for me. With Azpi already on a 0 and Holding on bench coming in with another 0 (Both teams got clean sheets ffs).
I have Pereira/Lingard/Vydra left. If they don't do something drastic, I am in for the worst points ever.
So many weeks I have hauls trapped on the bench. This week, my bench have a total of 0.

Dan_F

As long as Lingard gets a hatrick.
That’s suits me.

My mate has Patricio/Coady and Pereira, then Coufal/Bowen and Wood. It’s good knowing that even if his players score, it’ll be effectively ruining his defensive returns.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should be sitting pretty for 3-4 points from Johnstone and Perreira :houllier:

Unbelievable fluke goal WBA just conceded. Defender cleared it onto the Wolves striker and it looped in, bloody hell.

My fault for hoping for some points to plug the massive void of a dreadful week!
Perreira anonymous tonight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Johnstone on 5 with 9 saves and looking likely to share a 1 bonus too!

That 92nd min gentle header from Traore into his arms could be worth 2 points!

Roll on a Coufal cleanie please, and Lingard haul will be nice too - albeit most have him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
On 20 plus whatever Lingard gets, shambolic week.

RedDevil@84

Now expecting Lingard and Vydra to blank. Which means I can finish the week with a max total of 24 points

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Why the hell is Coufal assisting every game since I removed him and my rival got him in but when I had him, all he did is get yellow cards :mad:

RedDevil@84

I had Coufal for ages. And then I got rid of him with a WC.
Also I had that idiot Antonio for weeks.

Dan_F

Why the hell is Coufal assisting every game since I removed him and my rival got him in but when I had him, all he did is get yellow cards :mad:
Have we made exactly the same mistakes or something? I’ve had exactly the same thing. I don’t have a clue why I paid all that extra for Cresswell.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Have we made exactly the same mistakes or something? I’ve had exactly the same thing. I don’t have a clue why I paid all that extra for Cresswell.
I had Creswell too hahaha maybe we have the same team as you say

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lingard seems to be done with his quota of goals and assists for the next couple of years.
Benrahma seems to be cramping his style tonight. But could well be the end of Lingard's hot spell.

Reminds me of a mini version of that season Aaron Ramsay had that mad goals season and never got near it again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's like they're purposely ignoring Lingardinho tonight. Most likely in fairness as Antonio is back.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The JLingz train may have stopped. To be fair, if you liked at his stats and the types of goals he was scoring, that was never going to last.

Withnail

So I forgot to change my team which was bad enough but due to the game being called off both captain and vice captain don't play.

If I had have remembered to change it captaincy would have gone to Son, annoyingly.

Do I just miss out on the captaincy altogether, yeah?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So I forgot to change my team which was bad enough but due to the game being called off both captain and vice captain don't play.

If I had have remembered to change it captaincy would have gone to Son, annoyingly.

Fraid so.
No comfort for you, but at least there is that double security these days, a few years ago it was captain only.

Schneiderman

Afraid so.

Definitely looks like Antonio being back is the end of the Lingard train.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Our game being postponed has meant me fecking up and forgetting to sort my team (leaving Son out) hasn’t mattered :lol: talk about luck. I would’ve captained Kane anyway

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On the presumption that they move Liverpool v Brom to week 35 and double for both teams, my squad is below with doublers in brackets

FORSTER/JOHNSTONE
TAA SHAW CASTAGNE HOLDING Coufal
SALAH BRUNO PERREIRA Son Lingard
NACHO Kane (DAVIS* technically a doubler, but plays 5mins max)

So can field 9, depending on whether Holding starts again now Luiz is supposedly injured.
Kane and Son strong singlers.

So what's the play?

DCL? Watkins? Jota/Greenwood

Considering 2 of the below 4 for a -4. Would probably need to be Son/Davis out to allow Watkins and one of J/G, and would need to lose Kane to do DCL&Watkins.

Doing this would ensure 10 doublers, and make it difficult for anyone below to make up much ground as they won't be able to get near 10, and will struggle to find a point of difference. I hope!

RedDevil@84

24 points all in. Thank feck for my 100+ points lead in my ML.
My ML rival had Coufal, Digne, Mount, Son, Watkins

Paul_Scholes18

So when I had Antonio it was all about Lingard. Now it is the opposite and Antonio gets the goals.

I guess I should just get both for the last 2 games or so.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our game being postponed has meant me fecking up and forgetting to sort my team (leaving Son out) hasn’t mattered :lol: talk about luck. I would’ve captained Kane anyway
It's a funny game where one min you think you're screwed, and then the next not.

I was taking a big hit to one rival, and a 10 pointer to my closest one.
Then Johnstone 7, Perreira 2 and Coufal rescued things. Phew.

4 weeks to go. Will be glad to see this season out and have a rest!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So when I had Antonio it was all about Lingard. Now it is the opposite and Antonio gets the goals.

I guess I should just get both for the last 2 games or so.
We all know what happens in week 35. We obsess about double game weekers and bench Lingard, and then he'll boot a 15 pointer.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's a funny game where one min you think you're screwed, and then the next not.

I was taking a big hit to one rival, and a 10 pointer to my closest one.
Then Johnstone 7, Perreira 2 and Coufal rescued things. Phew.

4 weeks to go. Will be glad to see this season out and have a rest!
Yeah I’m done with it now but topping my main ML for the first time so need to see it out. Could’ve been costly this week!