Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I’m done with it now but topping my main ML for the first time so need to see it out. Could’ve been costly this week!
Yep, when you're leading you want standard low scoring weeks all round, no surprises.
A bloody game being called off with 4 of your big hitters in there was a shocker! But hopefully will actually benefit if the Pool lot have a double, as all of a sudden the disadvantage is a big advantage as others will have to bin their original double plans to get on United and Liverpool.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yep, when you're leading you want standard low scoring weeks all round, no surprises.
A bloody game being called off with 4 of your big hitters in there was a shocker! But hopefully will actually benefit if the Pool lot have a double, as all of a sudden the disadvantage is a big advantage as others will have to bin their original double plans to get on United and Liverpool.
Thankfully all the players missing because of this, me and the guy in 2nd own anyway. He captained Kane so no biggie there. Big let off

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
feck that postponed game fecked me hard. Missed 6 players with barely a worthy bench unless Vydra decides to get a few goals.
He had one close call.
But then when I looked up he was off the pitch and it was 60.40. Did he just about get the 60mins in to get his 2 pointer?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thankfully all the players missing because of this, me and the guy in 2nd own anyway. He captained Kane so no biggie there. Big let off
This next game week will be huge.
Barring our fans causing more shenanigans it's the last week of doubles, so if you're leading it's a case of shutting down the highest window merchants.
Much harder to gain ground as you've got to find something special.

I lost to a guy in my league about 8 years ago because I didn't shut down his biggest points guy (him Gerrard, me Lampard), and was screwed when Lampard was rested in the last league game. Lost a 50 point lead with 2 weeks left.

I have 53 points over him with 4 games left this time, but I'm shutting his main men down. Castagne, and will look at Jota/Watkins.
He'll have to bring Bruno in for a -4, which I can only imagine he'll fund by doing Son and having to down someone else.

Paul_Scholes18

We all know what happens in week 35. We obsess about double game weekers and bench Lingard, and then he'll boot a 15 pointer.
Yeah I am not sure if I should bench him or not. Everton is not an easy game, but feel like it could still be fairly high scoring.

If I get Digne I do not trust a clean sheet for sure.

The players I feel I want if I had enough transfers is Phillips, Ward, Digne, Shaw, Maguire(for safety for start) Armstrong, Ward Prowse, Zaha, Bruno, Rashford, Mane (risky I know), Benteke, DCL, Cavani(very risky).

Now the number I can get is probably 3 for a -8 or 2 for -4.

Schneiderman

On the presumption that they move Liverpool v Brom to week 35 and double for both teams, my squad is below with doublers in brackets

FORSTER/JOHNSTONE
TAA SHAW CASTAGNE HOLDING Coufal
SALAH BRUNO PERREIRA Son Lingard
NACHO Kane (DAVIS* technically a doubler, but plays 5mins max)

So can field 9, depending on whether Holding starts again now Luiz is supposedly injured.
Kane and Son strong singlers.

So what's the play?

DCL? Watkins? Jota/Greenwood

Considering 2 of the below 4 for a -4. Would probably need to be Son/Davis out to allow Watkins and one of J/G, and would need to lose Kane to do DCL&Watkins.

Doing this would ensure 10 doublers, and make it difficult for anyone below to make up much ground as they won't be able to get near 10, and will struggle to find a point of difference. I hope!
Have Holding too, I think he's back in the starting 11 based on the Europa. No reason to be rested in the next two, so I'm hopeful.

Based on your rival's team it sounds like Davis and Son to Watkins and Jota is the play, though I don't trust Jota to start both games. Wouldn't be getting rid of Kane if he has him, his one game is probably better than DCL's two.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still annoyed that spurs score 4 and Kane doesn't even get one return.

RedDevil@84

I have never played FPL draft. My friends wan to play draft next season.

What is the main purpose of draft? What differs?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have Holding too, I think he's back in the starting 11 based on the Europa. No reason to be rested in the next two, so I'm hopeful.

Based on your rival's team it sounds like Davis and Son to Watkins and Jota is the play, though I don't trust Jota to start both games. Wouldn't be getting rid of Kane if he has him, his one game is probably better than DCL's two.
Yeah I've got two real rivals. One did a weird wild card that didn't seem to set him for the double that we knew about. Taking out Greenwood and Targett was weird.
He has a bench boost but it looks less of a worrying two chip combo now.

The other guy is more dangerous as he's won this league about 6 times over the years to my once and 2x2nd (plus other minor positions). 81 in it this year so great numbers.

But yes can't see him taking Kane out so he either goes without Bruno or bins Son and has an awkward mission trying to find another 2.5 or so m.

My issue is do i play Holding ? If i do Son and Davis to Jota n Watkins, unless i bench Kane id want to play 4mids 3 strikers (Leicester double for Nacho up front).
Decisions!

Could just do Son to Jota free and hope Kane covers Watkins.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This next game week will be huge.
Barring our fans causing more shenanigans it's the last week of doubles, so if you're leading it's a case of shutting down the highest window merchants.
Much harder to gain ground as you've got to find something special.

I lost to a guy in my league about 8 years ago because I didn't shut down his biggest points guy (him Gerrard, me Lampard), and was screwed when Lampard was rested in the last league game. Lost a 50 point lead with 2 weeks left.

I have 53 points over him with 4 games left this time, but I'm shutting his main men down. Castagne, and will look at Jota/Watkins.
He'll have to bring Bruno in for a -4, which I can only imagine he'll fund by doing Son and having to down someone else.
I love how that wound still seems so fresh :lol:

100% right though. I actually accidentally did it recently, getting Jota in because I forgot I wanted Greenwood. He has Jota though so it was the right move really.

He has Vardy and Iheanacho who I don’t though, so I should probably do something about that.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How many are dropping Son? I could have a really strong team of I drop him but he is explosive...

Paul_Scholes18

How many are dropping Son? I could have a really strong team of I drop him but he is explosive...
Kane or Son have to go. It is really hard.

I think I like keeping Kane more, but he is more expensive and there are more quality forwards to get if I do not keep him.

Antonio, Wood, Benteke, DCL, Cavani, Lacazette all could be worth having.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

All online at same time, app picks drafting order for you all, each of you have XX seconds to make your pick.

For example, you're first, pick Salah, 2nd goes Bruno, 3rd goes KdB, etc etc.

Did it this season as well as normal, as well as upside down FPL

Paul_Scholes18

The main purpose is to pick totally the wrong players.

Like I got Auba as my second pick. Havertz as my second as crazy as it sounds.

Schneiderman

Yeah I've got two real rivals. One did a weird wild card that didn't seem to set him for the double that we knew about. Taking out Greenwood and Targett was weird.
He has a bench boost but it looks less of a worrying two chip combo now.

The other guy is more dangerous as he's won this league about 6 times over the years to my once and 2x2nd (plus other minor positions). 81 in it this year so great numbers.

But yes can't see him taking Kane out so he either goes without Bruno or bins Son and has an awkward mission trying to find another 2.5 or so m.

My issue is do i play Holding ? If i do Son and Davis to Jota n Watkins, unless i bench Kane id want to play 4mids 3 strikers (Leicester double for Nacho up front).
Decisions!

Could just do Son to Jota free and hope Kane covers Watkins.
Maybe just don't play Holding and he's good bench cover. They'll likely get hammered at Chelsea so you're probably only looking at 6 points.

You'd fancy Watkins to beat that. Do you want him for the rest of the season? Can't be benching Kane or you'll end up kicking yourself for sure (not that I have him still).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Kane or Son have to go. It is really hard.

I think I like keeping Kane more, but he is more expensive and there are more quality forwards to get if I do not keep him.

Antonio, Wood, Benteke, DCL, Cavani, Lacazette all could be worth having.
I think Son is easier to drop seeing as Kane is more consistent and on pens.

I wouldn't trust Wood, Benteke, Laca or Cavani over Kane.

But I can see many replacements for Son.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Son is easier to drop seeing as Kane is more consistent and on pens.

I wouldn't trust Wood, Benteke, Laca or Cavani over Kane.

But I can see many replacements for Son.
Well I feel the only two to get as clear uppgrades for Son would be Bruno and Mane for me, but they are 2 million more expensive roughly so I need one move to free up the money.
Boring saying it again, but 90% I am getting Bruno in. I am an expert in changing my plans though and Liverpool double change a lot potentially.

Auba and Havertz just too risky with minutes and same with Pulisic. Zaha, Armstrong, Ward prowse decent. Sigurdsson maybe he is a bit like Ward prowse, but I trust him less for some reason.
Maddison feels like a no for me too although he could be a good pick. Villa mids do not tempt me either as a Watkins owner.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Well I feel the only two to get as clear uppgrades for Son would be Bruno and Mane for me, but they are 2 million more expensive roughly so I need one move to free up the money.
Boring saying it again, but 90% I am getting Bruno in. I am an expert in changing my plans though and Liverpool double change a lot potentially.

Auba and Havertz just too risky with minutes and same with Pulisic. Zaha, Armstrong, Ward prowse decent. Sigurdsson maybe he is a bit like Ward prowse, but I trust him less for some reason.
Maddison feels like a no for me too although he could be a good pick. Villa mids do not tempt me either as a Watkins owner.
Ahh I guess our priorities are different.

I already have Bruno, Jota and Salah (plus JLingz).

I would be downgrading Son to Zaha/Ward Prowse/Siggy to enable me to upgrade Vydra to DCL and end up with a solid bench boost and a decent GW36.

But my rivals have Son and my arsecheeks would be flapping during the Leeds game of those two keep Son.

Dan_F

Is DCL a must this week?

I need to replace Forster and Vydra (bench boost) with my two free transfers, but only have 1.6 million in the bank, which isn’t enough for anything.

I can do Forster/Vydra/Mount tokeeper/JWP/Wood for -4.

Foster/Vydra/Mount/Cresswell to keeper/Dallas/JWP/DCL for -8.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is DCL a must this week?

I need to replace Forster and Vydra (bench boost) with my two free transfers, but only have 1.6 million in the bank, which isn’t enough for anything.

I can do Forster/Vydra/Mount tokeeper/JWP/Wood for -4.

Foster/Vydra/Mount/Cresswell to keeper/Dallas/JWP/DCL for -8.

Any other suggestions welcome.
I read on Reddit that the Soton manager said Forster will get a few games still an dalso said something about wanting McCarthy to play against Fulham. So Forster may play in the DGW35. I'm gonna jsut leave him in and hope.

Patchbeard

Tempted to get Rashford in for Son for our double, am I mad (my ML rival who I'm trying to catch already has Greenwood).

Dan_F

I read on Reddit that the Soton manager said Forster will get a few games still an dalso said something about wanting McCarthy to play against Fulham. So Forster may play in the DGW35. I'm gonna jsut leave him in and hope.
That’s interesting. Would mean I could just do DCL and JWP for Vydra and Mount, taking no hits.

There’s a really good chance I look to move out Bruno if we beat Leicester too. I can see Ole resting him a fair bit after that.

saivet

Bench boost activated and transfers already made to have this team:

Guaita, Martinez
Azpi, Digne, Shaw, Coady, Lowton
Bruno, Zaha (c), Maddison, Lingard, Son
Watkins, Kelechi, Kane

Thinking I may take a hit to take out another single GW player but not sure what that change could be. I could potentially transfer Lingard out for Greenword or Sigurdsson?

Any other suggestions? I could upgrade Coady or Lowton but they have a decent fixture and I'm not sure the upside on any replacements are all that great. Leeds away also seems too good a fixture to ship Kane or Son out for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I love how that wound still seems so fresh :lol:

100% right though. I actually accidentally did it recently, getting Jota in because I forgot I wanted Greenwood. He has Jota though so it was the right move really.

He has Vardy and Iheanacho who I don’t though, so I should probably do something about that.
Oh mate, I'm still not over losing by ONE point back in my first year in this league, back in what must be...2004 (!). We did the Telegraph league where you had 24 transfers only, and i'd smashed through them, and been cocky as hell as a youngun.
I was winning it as late as 5mins from the end of the FA cup final (Telegraph included that then!), and then the horror of seeing Roy Carroll warming up and coming on, which I can only imagine killed my clean sheet or something (can't have been 60mins for a cleany back then maybe?) and coming on, meaning I had a mad final stressy 5mins hoping either Giggs scored, or Wes Brown got booked or something mad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maybe just don't play Holding and he's good bench cover. They'll likely get hammered at Chelsea so you're probably only looking at 6 points.

You'd fancy Watkins to beat that. Do you want him for the rest of the season? Can't be benching Kane or you'll end up kicking yourself for sure (not that I have him still).
The problem is, is to get Watkins in It'd be a -4. So if Holding gets say 6+2, which neither are certain, Watkins needs 12, or scoring in both games to even match it.
The -4 might well be counter balanced by rivals also taking -4.

It depends if we think Watkins can get that high a haul to need to block him? United is one of his games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Forster will play both week 35 games. Which is sort of brilliant to be told. But sod's law means i have 2 double keepers week 35, and neither plays week 36!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That’s interesting. Would mean I could just do DCL and JWP for Vydra and Mount, taking no hits.

There’s a really good chance I look to move out Bruno if we beat Leicester too. I can see Ole resting him a fair bit after that.
No guarantees but a little hope is all I need. I dont want to buy a 4.5 keeper for one week only (and most likely only get 2+2 points anyways).

Need to chose between Lingard, Souchek, Jota or Gundogan? Any suggestions?
Jota if you can handle the fact that he'll be benched a few times. Otherwise, JLingz.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Forster will play both week 35 games. Which is sort of brilliant to be told. But sod's law means i have 2 double keepers week 35, and neither plays week 36!
Is this a certainty? If so, fecking ace as I plan to play BB in GW35.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Need to chose between Lingard, Souchek, Jota or Gundogan? Any suggestions?
Jota without a doubt. Liverpool have decent fixtures coming up as well as a DGW too.

West ham also have decent fixtures but no DGW. And Gundogen is never gonna be guaranteed minutes like the other players especially if they reach CL final.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Guys I'm hoping to use my WC this week to get 11 players with a DGW. For the remaining 4 spots I then want to add some Liverpool players for their upcoming DGW in a few weeks.

I've added a screenshot of my squad and the funds I have available.

Any reccommendations?

https://ibb.co/QHQk1Bj

With regards to players like Salah, I don't think it's worth adding him in to sit on my bench this week. So I'm thinking of likely removing Bruno after the DGW and replacing with Salah. So may need to leave some cash spare for that swap.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Guys I'm hoping to use my WC this week to get 11 players with a DGW. For the remaining 4 spots I then want to add some Liverpool players for their upcoming DGW in a few weeks.

I've added a screenshot of my squad and the funds I have available.

Any reccommendations?

https://ibb.co/QHQk1Bj

With regards to players like Salah, I don't think it's worth adding him in to sit on my bench this week. So I'm thinking of likely removing Bruno after the DGW and replacing with Salah. So may need to leave some cash spare for that swap.
You need to hold fire until the last minute. Very good chance that Liverpool get a dgw added to 35 as well as we've all been discussing.

If this happens you'll want Salah then. Quick look at your team and I'd suggest Nacho for Bamford, Salah for Son (if the above happens) and a DGW defender for Dias based on what funds you have remaining.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh mate, I'm still not over losing by ONE point back in my first year in this league, back in what must be...2004 (!). We did the Telegraph league where you had 24 transfers only, and i'd smashed through them, and been cocky as hell as a youngun.
I was winning it as late as 5mins from the end of the FA cup final (Telegraph included that then!), and then the horror of seeing Roy Carroll warming up and coming on, which I can only imagine killed my clean sheet or something (can't have been 60mins for a cleany back then maybe?) and coming on, meaning I had a mad final stressy 5mins hoping either Giggs scored, or Wes Brown got booked or something mad.
:lol: